Close
Photo

What do you look for in a NaruSaku fanfiction?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you look for in a NaruSaku fanfiction? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Options

1. Realistic Development (3 votes [6.98%])

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

2. Great Characterisation (2 votes [4.65%])

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

3. Depth and Detail (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

4. All of the Above (35 votes [81.40%])

Percentage of vote: 81.40%

5. Other (2 votes [4.65%])

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

Vote

#21 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:20 PM

I personally love the whole rewrite thing, like what Naruto would be like if he had a loving parent, or if it was Naruto and not Ino that befriended Sakura when she was being bullied, stuff like that. But I don't like it when they completely change the charactor from Canon because of it.

I like seeing gradual change in the charactor like Byron seeing them do a 180 in a space of a chapter, but at the same time I hate when the author doesn't show the charactor learning their mistakes, classic example is Kakashi,I am tired of reading where he under estimates or fails Naruto and stands infront of the memorial stone, saying 'Forgive me sensie/Obito I've failed you both' and then again in a few chapters he does the same thing and says the same thing again, that is sooo frustrating and unoriginal.

Also not a big fan of OC's specially if they take too much screen time, and if they are the typical, super powerful, (yet somehow they leave the main fighting to Naruto) sarcastic, cool, funny, and super smart forget it i'm gone.

I prefer Naruto being the main charactor, he's for me the most interesting from all Narutoverse charactors, Sasuke is just um...well don't like him plain and simple, Sakura as allot more depth and her split personality is amusing but her happy upbringing doesn't make her as fun to read.

Also prefer if the fic is more story driven rather than romance driven. plot free romance is a big no no.

Spelling and Grammer, I have read allot of fanfic in other fandoms. mainly Buffy and Harry Potter and gotta say Naruto has way to many fics with bad spelling and grammer. I'm more forgiving when reading Naruto but for crying out loud, spell Meet, Read, Where, were, and other simple words correctly, it surprises me when I read a fic that has over a thousand reviews and it's full of simple spelling errors and worst incorrect words all over the place, i.e 'I'm sure there is a good experiment why you are late Naturo?' What are they teaching kids in school nowadays. My english was atrocious when I was at school and barely based but I have to wonder if some of these authors even graduated. Also if you use MSN language then c u l4ter dude.

Long storys over one or two parters.

I could probably go on for ages, but I think i'll stop right now...Oh wait my biggest pet peave is storys that stick too close to Manga, like where Naruto is a better ninja and had a better upbringing yet he still gets caught exactly the same way by the Demon Brothers, and get his arse handed to him by Haku, then during the Chunin Exams not have a clue what the first part of the exam is about, etc. If I want to read a fic that sticks too close to Manga i'll read the bloody Manga.

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users