Close
Photo

What do you think about FF.Net's new Feature?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

It's called Reader Traffic and I love it. I've always wanted to have an exact count of my readers, and I think it's a great addition. Some of my friends don't like it, because they say it makes them feel less flattered. Personally, I like knowing how many readers I get (and even where they come from!) so i'm estatic about the addition.

Any thoughts?

narusakuct7.gif

#2 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

It beats the pants off the hit counter, that's for sure.

#3 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:55 PM

Not too sure how I feel. It's interesting... +pokes with foot+

Love is everything.

#4 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

Floatin' along as a Silvery Cloud...

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:20 AM

Well all I can say is...

This week...I got two hits from BULGARIA! biggrin.gif (Kudos to all of the Bulgarians out there. love.gif )

If that's not awesome...then I don't know what is...

The only thing that might get annoying is knowing how popular...or NOT popular my stories end out to be over the months...

But I can't blame that on the new "reader traffic counter", can I? tongue.gif

[color="#FF8C00"]My fan-writing <3 fairycloud22

#5 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:28 AM

It's certainly interesting. According to it (not breaking down by particular fanfic, but rather by them all), in the month of July I had:
74 US readers, 3 UK readers, 4 Australian readers, 1 Norweigen, 5 French, 8 Canadian, 1 Trinidad and Tabogan, 3 German, 2 Portuguese, 1 Finnish, 2 Philippine, 1 Singaporan, 1 Croatian, 1 Brazilian, 1 Kuwaiti, and 1 Dutch.

This is without having posted anything there in a little less than a year. Damn, I wish I could post a new chapter and see exactly how many countries I'm being read in!

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#6 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Jul 29 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It beats the pants off the hit counter, that's for sure.

*nod* Agreed.

QUOTE (Destiny @ Jul 29 2008, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not too sure how I feel. It's interesting... +pokes with foot+

Lol, it's still really odd for me to know where the readers are from. it's like....SWEDEN?!

QUOTE (Gena kumo @ Jul 29 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well all I can say is...

This week...I got two hits from BULGARIA! biggrin.gif (Kudos to all of the Bulgarians out there. love.gif )

If that's not awesome...then I don't know what is...

The only thing that might get annoying is knowing how popular...or NOT popular my stories end out to be over the months...

But I can't blame that on the new "reader traffic counter", can I? tongue.gif

Haha, sadly...no.... shamefulcry0js.gif If we suck, we suck. tongue.gif

QUOTE (desaix @ Jul 29 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's certainly interesting. According to it (not breaking down by particular fanfic, but rather by them all), in the month of July I had:
74 US readers, 3 UK readers, 4 Australian readers, 1 Norweigen, 5 French, 8 Canadian, 1 Trinidad and Tabogan, 3 German, 2 Portuguese, 1 Finnish, 2 Philippine, 1 Singaporan, 1 Croatian, 1 Brazilian, 1 Kuwaiti, and 1 Dutch.

This is without having posted anything there in a little less than a year. Damn, I wish I could post a new chapter and see exactly how many countries I'm being read in!

Haha, please do. wow.png
If you're getting that kind of a response now...dayum.
Also...I believe it only counts the 29th of July as 'the month of July'...but I'm not sure.

Edited by Darkofthenight, 30 July 2008 - 03:39 AM.

#7 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (desaix @ Jul 29 2008, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This new feature certainly makes you want to come out with new chapters and new stories, just so you can see how many readers you have, and where they're all from XD

QUOTE (Darkofthenight @ Jul 29 2008, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, sadly...no.... shamefulcry0js.gif If we suck, we suck. tongue.gif

Just because your story hits may be a bit low, for a certain month over another, certainly doesn't mean that we suck :rolleyes:

#8 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 29 2008, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This new feature certainly makes you want to come out with new chapters and new stories, just so you can see how many readers you have, and where they're all from XD
Just because your story hits may be a bit low, for a certain month over another, certainly doesn't mean that we suck :rolleyes:

Yup, and just like mentioned above, it starts counting from July 29th so O___O desaix... 74 US readers, etc etc in ONE DAY? *faints* I wonder how many readers you have for a whole month and a new chapter!

Btw, I feel like a stalker... seeing where all my readers are from XD

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#9 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:28 AM

Today I had (overall) 24 from the states, 2 from the UK, 2 from Norway, 1 from Sweden, the Phillippines, Poland and Saudi Arabia.

Cool.

#10 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 29 2008, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mwahahahahaha. :teehee:
QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Jul 29 2008, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, and just like mentioned above, it starts counting from July 29th so O___O desaix... 74 US readers, etc etc in ONE DAY? *faints* I wonder how many readers you have for a whole month and a new chapter!

Btw, I feel like a stalker... seeing where all my readers are from XD

.....sometimes...it's good to stalk...
>.>

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Jul 29 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today I had (overall) 24 from the states, 2 from the UK, 2 from Norway, 1 from Sweden, the Phillippines, Poland and Saudi Arabia.

Cool.

Yeap. So far I've gotten 46 visitors with all the countries combined.
I'm satisfied.

#11 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:43 AM

Oh! I like that feature! So interesting to know where the heck your readers are from.

Let's see, so far it's only recorded 3 days of the month, i.e 29th, 30th and 31st,

2.23k visitors from US (Lol, expected that), 275 from canada (oh?), 140 from UK (Eh?), 144 from Australia (Lol, them aussies), 87 from germany (lol!), 62 from philipines (Din noe they actually have anime there...), 58 from France, 64 from Singapore, and so on from Mexico, Netherlands, India, Sweden Malaysia, Norway, freaking fifty countries. O.O

Venezuela...where's that?
or Honduras... =.=

Scary that. lol.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#12 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Aug 1 2008, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh! I like that feature! So interesting to know where the heck your readers are from.

Let's see, so far it's only recorded 3 days of the month, i.e 29th, 30th and 31st,

2.23k visitors from US (Lol, expected that), 275 from canada (oh?), 140 from UK (Eh?), 144 from Australia (Lol, them aussies), 87 from germany (lol!), 62 from philipines (Din noe they actually have anime there...), 58 from France, 64 from Singapore, and so on from Mexico, Netherlands, India, Sweden Malaysia, Norway, freaking fifty countries. O.O

Venezuela...where's that?
or Honduras... =.=

Scary that. lol.

:what:

Are you sure you're looking at visitors, and not hits? That seems off the scale for visitors, and about on it for hits.

Venezuela's in South America. Honduras in Central America. What I want to know is, what country is "Dominican Revar (which I got a visitor from today)?" Is that Dominican Republic, or somewhere else?

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#13 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:35 AM

It's just the Dominican Republic. I've never heard it before, but I found a person's profile who was from there and they were talking about being from the D.R., so I guess that means they're one and the same.

Wilson, if those really were your visitor numbers, then you easily have the biggest e-*censored?* around. wow.png

#14 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

Seems like a good idea to me, since hits data is too vague to be really informative. I'd prefer the increased specificity.....when I finally finish chapter 1 (which I am working again on Wilson).

#15 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:42 AM

Not neccesary...but it's still neat. August has been slow for me, but here are my stats as of right now:

45 hits and 26 visitors from the U.S.
3 of each from Canada
1 from Brazil
1 from Singapore
1 from Hong Kong
and 1 from Australia

I've also had at least one from Serbia, Korea and Latvia.

#16 ebonydreads

ebonydreads

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

I quite like the new feature. I'm certainly not estatic about it, but it's interesting to see where your readers come from. smile.gif I think that I've had a reader from Malta, if I remember correctly and I'm not sure where that is!

#17 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

I like the new add-on for it that breaks down where all your hits and visitors are coming from. You can see right on the front page which of your stories are getting the most attention.

Speaking of which, I posted a 4,006-word Harry Potter one-shot that I wrote over a year ago on Sunday night, and I got more hits/visitors for it in 24 hours than I did for the entire month of August for all my other stories combined. @_@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users