Close
Photo

Who's starting to give up on NS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

Poll: Who starting to give up on NS (160 member(s) have cast votes)

Are u giving up on NS

1. yes (5 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. no (151 votes [94.38%])

Percentage of vote: 94.38%

3. there's no pairing in Naruto's age group anyways (4 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote

#21 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:26 PM

What are we? Fairweather fans? HELL NAW!

Good things happen to people who wait, and how long have we wait for another narusaku moment? I and probably many others have been waiting for another moment for sixty-three chapters. I for one will not be giving up, i always say once i start something i intend to finish it, whetever the outcome is good or bad.

#22 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:39 PM

I can't really "give up" on it per se, at least not in the way you probably mean. As many of you are aware, I don't really root for pairings and whatnot.

I can read into a writer's direction though, and I remain just as convinced that Kishimoto eventually plans for something to occur between Naruto and Sakura as I was when Sakura and Sasuke were first introduced. Nothing that has happened in the story since that point has led be to believe otherwise.

#23 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

OMG NEVER!:D
Narusaku forever! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALL THAT SAKURA BLOSSOMS HAS SAID. About the lack of narusaku moments lately, I'm fine with it. And I am because of what SAKURA BLOSSOMS said. And, if you're slightly dissapointed, just take advantage that narusaku makes THE BEST FANFICS and read up!!!!:D

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#24 gamemaster2

gamemaster2

Badass extraordinaire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Video games of any kind, anyone in depth enough to read this stupid page, and a bunch of other stuff I can't really think of a way to list so they could be written down here..........Bacon tastes pretty good though.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

Meh, I have this strategy where I keep all my hopes for a certain interest (Naruto for example) and just put them on ice for awhile. By disconnecting myself from the series, i've pretty much taken the question of losing faith out of the equation. Then, I read a chapter and release that crap so I can be all excited.

Honestly, as for the whole "It's not that kind of manga" thing, no one said they even have to make it clear WHICH relationship happened. Im personally cool with the first clue being that Naruto's kid's hair is pink. tongue.gif

#25 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

hahaha I love the responses.

Nah. It's a little disheartening some times to watch what could be perfect moments for NaruSaku-ness pass by. But that's the way the series goes, and I'm fine with it. If I could put up with it at the beginning I can put up with it till the end.

Love is everything.

#26 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:30 AM

imo If you give up now you were never a fan to begin with. I've seen plenty of pairings where even if they didn't happen the fans stayed loyal, take Tai/Sora from Digimon for example, it was the most popular heterosexual pairing in the series but it didn't happen. But did the believers give up? No. Now I'm not saying NaruSaku wont happen in fact it would be stupid at this point if either of them end up with anyone else after all the development they've had. I'm just saying don't give up.

Edited by L, 18 July 2008 - 03:33 AM.

uc.png

#27 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (L @ Jul 17 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
take Tai/Sora from Digimon for example, it was the most popular heterosexual pairing in the series but it didn't happen.

Wow, that takes me back. This is from back in the day when I did consider myself a shipper (if you can picture such a thing), though I don't believe that term had even been coined yet.

The thing that seemed weird about that one is that they appeared to be setting it up the entire time, and then halfway through the second season they had her hook up with Yamato for some reason. As I recall, there wasn't really any indication of the two of them getting together up until that point, so it seemed pretty random.

Of course, it has been a long time and I was looking at it through the biased eyes of a shipper at the time, so my memory could be off.

I don't know why I'm talking about this. huh.gif

#28 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Jul 18 2008, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing that seemed weird about that one is that they appeared to be setting it up the entire time, and then halfway through the second season they had her hook up with Yamato for some reason.

I know right? It was such an insulting moment. Like a middle finger to the fans.

uc.png

#29 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (L @ Jul 18 2008, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know right? It was such an insulting moment. Like a middle finger to the fans.

Like what JK did to all of the Harry/Hermoine fans, with her completely-random-straight-out-of-the-blue pairing up of Harry and Ginny, after establishing so much groundwork with Harry and Hermoine >.>

#30 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 18 2008, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like what JK did to all of the Harry/Hermoine fans, with her completely-random-straight-out-of-the-blue pairing up of Harry and Ginny, after establishing so much groundwork with Harry and Hermoine >.>

Amen, which is one of the reasons I hated the last book.

uc.png

#31 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:57 AM

I'm going to have to disagree with you both on that one. While I'll concede the point that she didn't prepare for a Harry and Ginny relationship as much as she probably should have, there was absolutely no groundwork set for a Harry/Hermione relationship and the one between Hermione and Ron was being set up almost from the beginning. Honestly, if you hadn't figured that one out by book 4, I really wonder if you were even paying attention.

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Jul 18 2008, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to have to disagree with you both on that one. While I'll concede the point that she didn't prepare for a Harry and Ginny relationship as much as she probably should have, there was absolutely no groundwork set for a Harry/Hermione relationship and the one between Hermione and Ron was being set up almost from the beginning. Honestly, if you hadn't figured that one out by book 4, I really wonder if you were even paying attention.

I remembered the RonHerminone relationship being builded up from that book. The HarryGinny part... I can't remember... I think it was Book 2 that started it, then it stopped, but it was pulled back around Book 5...

.. we're getting off topic... stay on original please...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#33 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:21 AM

I'll give up on NaruSaku when I'm......30 years old if it hasn't happened.

#34 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Jul 18 2008, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh please, then you might as well say that Naruto and Sakura have no groundwork either, and that you haven't been paying attention to how the two relationships paralleled themselves, in terms of how well Harry/Hermoine worked/communicated/acted around each other, which we as NaruSaku-ers, say the same thing about how well Naruto and Sakura work/act/interact around each other as well.

#35 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 18 2008, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh please, then you might as well say that Naruto and Sakura have no groundwork either, and that you haven't been paying attention to how the two relationships paralleled themselves, in terms of how well Harry/Hermoine worked/communicated/acted around each other, which we as NaruSaku-ers, say the same thing about how well Naruto and Sakura work/act/interact around each other as well.

What she said.

uc.png

#36 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:39 AM

Okay, perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. I apologize.

There was plenty of development in terms of the relationship between Harry and Hermione. There was the same amount for Harry and Ron, and Ron and Hermione. This is because they are best friends, and they also happen to be the three main characters in the story. Of course they're all going to trust each other, rely on each other, and care about each other a great deal. But as far as romance goes, the only thing she (JKR) ever really developed was Ron and Hermione. Yes, she neglected to develop Harry and Ginny until they were actually together, which was indeed a mistake from a writer's standpoint. But there was no more romantic development between Harry and Hermione as there was between Harry and Ron. To say otherwise is just naive.

#37 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Jul 18 2008, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was plenty of development in terms of the relationship between Harry and Hermione. There was the same amount for Harry and Ron, and Ron and Hermione. This is because they are best friends, and they also happen to be the three main characters in the story. Of course they're all going to trust each other, rely on each other, and care about each other a great deal. But as far as romance goes, the only thing she (JKR) ever really developed was Ron and Hermione. Yes, she neglected to develop Harry and Ginny until they were actually together, which was indeed a mistake from a writer's standpoint. But there was no more romantic development between Harry and Hermione as there was between Harry and Ron. To say otherwise is just naive.

I guess I'm naive then because I saw FAR more development between Harry and Hermoine than Ron and Hermoine.

uc.png

#38 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Jul 18 2008, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then going by your argument, then it's just as naive for *us* to try to hold out for anything to happen with NaruSaku, because Kishimoto is essentially developing them as 'best friends', who also 'happen' to be the two main characters.

#39 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:52 AM

Shouldn't really compare Harry Potter and Naruto....it's not the same situation or anything.
Just saying, don't get mad at me.

#40 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 18 2008, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then going by your argument, then it's just as naive for *us* to try to hold out for anything to happen with NaruSaku, because Kishimoto is essentially developing them as 'best friends', who also 'happen' to be the two main characters.

Precisely, Harry Potter was the lead male role in the books (obviously since the books are named after him) and Hermoine was the female lead and they had far more interaction together than Hermoine ever did with Ron.

uc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users