• 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:46 AM

Haha. Guys are hard to figure out. Or maybe we just overthink things. IDK. lol

My crush used to go to a Bible study I went to a couple years back, and at the time he sang in the praise band (yeah, it was more like a church service than a Bible study)...I'd hide behind somebody because I couldn't stop staring at him during worship. I was afraid he'd notice, plus it was just pretty distracting. lol I'd stare at him whenever he was in sight, too, and I'd be like "stop staring! you're going to creep him ou--oh no, he's looking this way, act casual!!". 

When I bought the plants from him, too, he gave me his number if I needed help transplanting them. But you know something--you do not give Collie Awkward-as-Crap Quest your number, especially if she liiiiiikes you. I'm already super awkward on the phone, and then you add a crush into the mix, it's just crazy awkward.

Sometimes I wonder if he ever caught onto my crush on him, even though I never said anything about it and tried not to show it. Because he seemed to distance himself at some point, and it made me wonder if I creeped him out by accident. But it might have just been me, I overthink these things and have always been afraid of being misunderstood.

Anywho, got over him after a while, and then of course when I found out he had gotten into a relationship I let go completely.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 09 April 2015 - 05:01 AM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#62 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:45 AM

Bahahaha ohhh man I can totally relate. I hate it when I'm looking forward to a specific event for a while because a guy will be there, and I go, and I just watch him like a creeper and never actually talk to him D: 

Ha it's really nice to have a decoy to pretend you're looking at instead of the guy. For example, in class probably like a week or two ago, the guy I liked was sitting kind of in front of the clock, so if I ever looked at the clock I would be looking in his general direction. Welp, the class is two and a half hours, so I was constantly looking at the clock as well as him haha and afterwards he was talking to me when we were walking home and he was like, "So funny story, today in class I noticed you like kept looking over in my direction and I was just like, 'What the crap is she doing?' and then I realized that the clock was behind me" Heh then I played it all cool and was like, "Ah, yeah, it's an unhealthy addition in that long class... I look at the clock far too much." My plan succeeded  :cool:

Oh, here's another thing. What are your thoughts? So, we've been texting a bit, and usually, like 80% of the time, he texts me first. Like, I texted him very first just a stupid joke, but since then after conversations have died out, he texts me. The thing is, he doesn't respond for a really long time to my responses! So I respond in like 5 or 10 minutes and then he doesn't respond for like 30 minutes to an hour. Ugh, what does it MEAN?

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#63 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:29 AM

I'm hardly an expert having like no experience, but I think if he's trying to keep the conversation up that's a positive, people tend to want to talk to people they like. Though it's entirely possible some guys just have no problem keeping conversations going.
So, I don't want to assume something and end up saying something without being certain.

But as a related example there is a guy I know online who seemed to have a crush on me...not sure if he still does. But to elaborate, for a good while he would try to talk to me every few days, had (and still has) a folder in his favourites called "Collie's corner", and once said (in a comment he later deleted) that if he ever met me he'd ask me on a date.
Yeah, that last one was pretty blatant. The other two factors had already had me suspecting, though.
(Hopefully he never finds this post, XD)

But anyways, I would just see if he treats you differently from other girls that are in his circle of friends. Which is confusing as heck, still, sorry ^^;
And some people may be intentionally subtle in their feelings and try to keep it from being to obvious.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 09 April 2015 - 06:41 AM.

~Relient K

#64 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:45 AM

Hey, thanks for reading and taking the time to share your thoughts! I appreciate it! :) Yeah, young love, so confusing.... *le sigh* I guess the tendency is to look at every positive sign and be like "maybe he likes me!!" but then the negative ones make you all uncertain, and sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't, and it's just annoying. Haha. But alas, it is what it is. 

SHINACHIKU

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#65 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:02 AM

I don't post around here much anymore. There's just not much going on. Anyhoo, I guess I'll just give a quick update on my life.

Spring term is almost over!! Praise everything. I had my last piano lesson today which means I DON'T HAVE TO PRACTICE YASSS. My sweet piano teacher told me he just thinks I'm so wonderful and that if I wanted to switch to piano performance, I could easily do it. That just made my day, because the piano program here is super elite, like they accept 15-20% and everyone is super amazing who auditions. Now all I have is a paper, a final, a mini test, and a mini paper and I'm FREE!! Then I can be an assassin all day long! :D

In October I leave for the Dominican Republic for an 18 month church mission. That'll be amazing, but hard. That means I'll be gone from the Internet for a whole year and a half. Yup. Then I'll come back to school summer of 2017. Crazy!

Aside from school, basically all I do is play Assassin's Creed. I am so obsessed it's unhealthy. I'm about halfway through AC2 right now I believe, and I beat AC1 about a week ago after I played it for like six days heh. I have brotherhood and revelations all stacked up!! Can't wait to see Ets's life unfold <3

If any of you like beautiful music, btw, LISTEN TO THIS. I'm so obsessed with this song. I listen to it like 15 times a day

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=mLgQ3em2JYY

SHINACHIKU

#66 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

I've never played Assassin's Creed (largely because I live at home and my mom has a crazy narrow view on game ratings), but I really like this music:

The trip does sound amazing :) One day I want to go on a mission trip, should I ever get the chance. My church sent a small team out on a small, short one earlier this year, but you had to pay your own way and I didn't have the money.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 12 June 2015 - 08:47 AM.

~Relient K

#67 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

Oh my life, I love Ezio's family <333 That's such a beautiful song! Haha, I know how the game rating thing is... Growing up my dad wouldn't even let us play T games. We had to write persuasion letters to get him to let us get the Sims 2! When I was in middle school I wanted to play Assassin's Creed SO BAD (my friend was playing it and was obsessed and she got my obsessed) but we didn't have an Xbox and they were like "NO M GAMES." Then we got a Wii U this last Christmas and AC3 and 4 are randomly on that console so I bought and downloaded AC3, and since it was a download my parents never actually saw the rating xD And my dad would watch us play sometimes and he didn't even care. Haha. Then my little sister wanted AC4 and then they found out that it was rated M and were like "LINDSAY! This game is rated M :O" and I was like "Yeah..." Then they had like a 180 and just bought it for her!

Then I used my catering tips to buy myself an Xbox 360 and the first four AC games. Yeah!! If you ever get the opportunity to play them, I highly suggest it. Just, the first game is WAY more repetitive than the other ones. Love Altaïr but as a game, it's the worst one.

The mission I'm going on costs $400 a month. I'm going to pay what I can but my lovely parents will pay the rest! I can't wait to ACTUALLY learn Spanish, not just kinda know it.

Edited by Win-chan, 12 June 2015 - 03:50 PM.

SHINACHIKU

#68 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

Yeah, anything above an E rating is iffy to my mom. If it's just rated T for mild violence, she won't complain too much.
I have a game I bought myself called Persona 4 Arena that is rated T for several reasons. I'm kinda glad my mom is out of the house a lot of the time, otherwise I probably wouldn't have much opportunity to play it. When she happened to come home when I was playing it once, I had to have it on pause for hours. I barely watched or played anything in front of her even back when I would have agreed with her standards more, simply because she would comment negatively on the smallest things. (I hope I don't sound unappreciative, it's just that she's a little hypersensitive on some things.)

Edited by questdrivencollie, 13 June 2015 - 09:58 PM.

~Relient K

#69 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:10 AM

This is literally like the only anonymous blog I have and can find... so I'm just gonna spill it all right here.

So I have THE most wonderful, precious, gentlemanly, hilarious, basically perfect-in-every-way boyfriend. He loves me SO much, respects me like I'm royalty, and we just get along so well. He's super selfless, loving, and seriously just wants to give me everything and MORE. My whole life I've never felt so loved. And I've never loved anyone like I love him <3 But here's the catch. My love isn't from my country, the US. He's from Haiti. We met while I was in the DR on a mission. We served together for four months and became really good friends, then after he left he started communicating with me and now that I'm home, we're dating. We talk every day on WhatsApp and it's just so beautiful <3

Now I have no problem that he's from a different country. I love that he's from Haiti and I love his Haitian heritage. It's part of who he is and what I love about him. But it sure as heck makes it so much more difficult to be with him. So hard to deal with all this immigration, and even harder to make my family see!

I come from a large family, and every one of my siblings and parents have different opinions. And most of them seem to forget MY feelings and how much we love each other. I think they think that we can't love each other as much as we do because we've never actually been together as boyfriend/girlfriend. But they just don't understand. Love is so logical until it actually hits you. Then logic goes out the window hahaha.

OUR plans are that we're going to visit each other a few times (August, November, December at least) each time for about two weeks or more, and then get him a fiancé visa and he can immigrate here and we can get married. It's cheaper and faster. But I can't even mention this to my family. I tell them that I'm going to Chile to visit him and they all start to freak out and say how stupid it is, how if he wants to be with me make HIM come here now before I take him seriously. Make HIM study here and then we can date and see things go. Make HIM do this make HIM do that, and it drives me crazy! I can't just expect him to do everything and me do nothing. He's done so much to prove to me how much he loves me, i want to prove to him how much I love him! Besides they just don't understand immigration and costs. It would be so expensive and out of the way for him to come to America on a student visa. I mean the whole point of him coming here is me so we might as well cut the crap and get a fiancé visa because that's where it's going anyway. But my family doesn't get that and I can't even mention him around some of them because then they start freaking out. >< They don't want me to commit before "getting to know him really well" and they think I can't get to know him well unless we're in person. What it comes down to is that due to the fact that he's in Chile, we have to commit anyway if we even want a chance. We can't wait to commit, we have to do it now. But many people in my family don't want me to commit to him now. In the end, I'll do what I want but it upsets me to see my family like that, especially when I know how much they'd love him if they only knew him :/

Well idk if anyone is gonna read this, but if you do, suggestions are welcome :)

SHINACHIKU

#70 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:16 AM

Oh and it's not like I don't know him. We were missionaries together for four months and I got to know him really well during that time. We saw each other 3-4 times a week for 4 months and clicked super well. Then he finished and started writing me and we were in contact for the four months I had left. Then I finished my mission and since then we've talked every single day. For hours. You can get to know someone really well on phone/video chats actually. It's kinda nice because you can actually talk and get to learn about each other. Sometimes couples know nothing about each other because alll they do is make out and crap. Since that's not an option haha we talk and I know so much about him and who he is. And I know it sounds crazy but I just feel in my heart that he is the one for me. I trust him so much and know he'd never hurt me. So... yeah there's that.

SHINACHIKU

#71 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:17 AM

So I've known him now for about 9 months. And if we get married it wouldn't be for another year so we'll have known each other for 21 months and will have been dating for 13 months when we get married

SHINACHIKU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users