• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#41 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:27 AM

By joining are talking staff or contributors?
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#42 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:30 AM

Hmm? From Onionhead's last post? I think she was referring to staff... right?

#43 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:32 AM

So, Anyone can just contribute a fic? Or does it need to get accepted into the C2?

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#44 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:42 AM

We're talking about a limit of ten for staff. That's already getting a bit cumbersome if we're going to be putting nominations up to a vote instead of each of us adding any fics that we like. So the selection is going to be a bit more exclusive.

Anybody can make nominations on the forum for the C2 or by PM to us. We definitely aren't limiting the fics on the C2 to those posted only by us. It'd probably be a really short C2. For example, I don't write at all.

I don't think that the time difference is going to be a problem in the long run. It's not going to be urgent that we add fics to the C2 so we can take our time to read through each nomination (maybe a bit more quickly at first since there will be a bit of a backlog) and vote. It doesn't need to happen in a couple hours or anything, but like you said, we did kinda start moving quickly this afternoon.

#45 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:50 AM

OK thanks nick

I wish I could help you guys with this, but Im a vet student...nuff said

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#46 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:02 AM

Ok I understand. I was just curious because Ive sent some pms and forum replies to people but havent seen any replies back on anything. Ive also pmed hopestar about his other C2 but havent heard any responce there either.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#47 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:45 PM

Don't worry I think we are just about done. I assume everyone receive Nick's email, so are just about done before we close up or is there still more for us to do (I HAVE WAITING headdesk.gif)

Also Cat another thing I'm a girl!

Edited by Hopestar, 10 November 2008 - 11:46 PM.

[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#48 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:35 AM

Apologies Hope no offence wa sintended I didnt see that and there's no indication on your avatar.

Also it still needs to be fixed It still wont allow me to subscribe to it.

though if recent information I recieved is any thing to go on I wonder if it would be worth my time to do so at all.

Edited by catsi563, 11 November 2008 - 12:37 AM.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#49 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Nov 10 2008, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apologies Hope no offence wa sintended I didnt see that and there's no indication on your avatar.

Also it still needs to be fixed It still wont allow me to subscribe to it.

though if recent information I recieved is any thing to go on I wonder if it would be worth my time to do so at all.

If you want, we could post/notify you in this thread when we actually have some content available to view.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#50 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:40 AM

Id like to, but it still wont let me subscribe for some reason. I keep getitng a 402 error.

Also I'm trying to find out if I offended someone because I was told recently that one or all of my stories dont have enough and I quote "BANM" unquote for a NaruSaku C2. Im trying to find out what story or stories and what Bamn is before I see what I do. *shrugs*

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#51 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

How about two different C2 communities, one for completed and the other for recommended fics? that way those who want to read completed fics can go to a board knowing all the fics are completed and not have to trudge through a whole load of abandoned/in-progress fics?

Also I think a staff of ten for a community is more than enough, otherwise too many cook an all.

iAnby7W.gif

#52 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Nov 11 2008, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Id like to, but it still wont let me subscribe for some reason. I keep getitng a 402 error.

Also I'm trying to find out if I offended someone because I was told recently that one or all of my stories dont have enough and I quote "BANM" unquote for a NaruSaku C2. Im trying to find out what story or stories and what Bamn is before I see what I do. *shrugs*

Whoops... I meant to post here to notify you that the C2 is up and running with some content! Albeit not much, but we're getting there happy.gif

So if you want to try subscribing again, the link as Nick posted earlier is Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

QUOTE (harry4e @ Nov 12 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about two different C2 communities, one for completed and the other for recommended fics? that way those who want to read completed fics can go to a board knowing all the fics are completed and not have to trudge through a whole load of abandoned/in-progress fics?

Also I think a staff of ten for a community is more than enough, otherwise too many cook an all.

Um... what? You want a C2 with only completed fics? Then... shouldn't you just use the filter option in ff.net? Or do you mean a C2 of recommended completed fics and a separate one for incomplete fics?

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#53 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:02 AM

We're up to a mighty eight fics now! tongue.gif

It's still not a lot, but they're all from 2004 and 2005. Ironically, since they're all so old, they may very well be new to a lot of people. It's terribly easy for fics to get buried and lost at Fanfiction.net

#54 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:53 AM

Good news, I can subscribe without getting a 404 error now.

#55 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Nov 23 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good news, I can subscribe without getting a 404 error now.

I think the error was just the lack of fics in the C2. Won't be long before that little hole is filled up with NaruSaku goodies! biggrin.gif

#56 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:23 AM

I am game to be a staff member ^^. My FF. NET name is RyrineaNara

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 20 May 2009 - 08:10 PM.

#57 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ May 19 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am game to be a staff member ^^. My FF. NET name is RyrineaNara

Thanks for the offer.

We're pretty comfortable with the number of staff that we have now, but maybe that'll change in the future. Meanwhile, we are looking for more nominations so if you have any suggestions on fics, please post them in our forum, in this thread or by PMing me.

#58 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ May 20 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the offer.

We're pretty comfortable with the number of staff that we have now, but maybe that'll change in the future. Meanwhile, we are looking for more nominations so if you have any suggestions on fics, please post them in our forum, in this thread or by PMing me.

OK I will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users