• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#51021 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:40 PM

The fact that we're still shipping NaruSaku regardless of what they think they wanted?

They have no right to say that we can't ship narusaku.

#51022 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 04:33 PM

Like I said shipping has nothing to do with the actual canon. If any of these NH Fanatics do something like make an IchiRuki fan fiction after the ending of Bleach, I would throw that logic back in their faces. " You can't write Ichiruki for kitten!!! Get off your kitteny high horse!!! Ichihime for life!!!" Just saying, how is that different? I could add some more choice words in that sentence but I don't want to get a strike........... so yeah.

Anyway I was think back on something, and this maybe just speculation but.......... Maybe another reason I can think of for Sakura garnering so much hate is that her back story is similar to Naruto's too, yet she still didn't like him at first like Hinata. I mean her's is nowhere near as bad but she was bullied and picked on for something she couldn't change, which was her forehead. Now obviously that was to give a back story to her and Ino's friendship starting but, maybe that was ammunition to NH shippers and Sakura haters to say that "She actually understands a little bit of what Naruto feels but she still treated him like a pest and only went gaga for Sasuke!? WTF!! Screw this bi-beep". I don't know for sure, but that is my guess.

On that note WHERE IN  THE EFF-KITTEN did it show Hinata being bullied because she had "white creepy eyes"? And if that was a thing wouldn't the entire Hyuga clan be shunned for having "creepy eyes"? Was Neji bullied for it? I don't think so. :roll:

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 October 2019 - 10:54 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51023 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 27 October 2019 - 07:49 PM

Filler aside, all Hinata went through as a child was her father favoring her little sister over her and trying gain his acknowledgement.  Frankly, she has more in common with Sasuke than Naruto since he experienced the same problem with his father while growing up with Itachi.  And NH/SS fans love to forget that the reason why Sakura originally went along with the Sasuke-bandwagon as a kid was because she saw it as means of gaining acceptance and detract people from mocking her forehead. Which isn't all that different from Naruto's original intentions for wanting to become Hokage. 

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#51024 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:44 PM

Like I said shipping has nothing to do with the actual canon. If any of these NH Fanatics do something like make an IchiRuki fan fiction after the ending of Bleach, I would throw that logic back in their faces. " You can't write Ichiruki for kitten!!! Get off your kitteny high horse!!! Ichihime for life!!!" Just saying, how is that different? I could add some more choice words in that sentence but I don't want to get a strike........... so yeah.

Anyway I was think back on something, and this maybe just speculation but.......... Maybe another reason I can think of for Sakura garnering so much hate is that her back story is similar to Naruto's too, yet she still didn't like him at first like Hinata. I mean her's is nowhere near as bad but she was bullied and picked on for something she couldn't change, which was her forehead. Now obviously that was to give a back story to her and Ino's friendship starting but, maybe that was ammunition to NH shippers and Sakura haters to say that "!he actually understands a little bit of what Naruto feels but she still treated him like a pest and only went gaga for Sasuke!? WTF!! Screw this bi-beep". I don't know for sure, but that is my guess.

On that note WHERE IN  THE EFF-KITTEN did it show Hinata being bullied because she had "white creepy eyes"? And if that was a thing wouldn't the entire Hyuga clan be shunned for having "creepy eyes"? Was Neji bullied for it? I don't think so. :roll:

that never happened in the manga trust me I went the whole series and never once saw that with hinata considering I counted up every page and chapter in the series to see how much hinata was in and thanks to James helping me with the math.

Filler aside, all Hinata went through as a child was her father favoring her little sister over her and trying gain his acknowledgement.  Frankly, she has more in common with Sasuke than Naruto since he experienced the same problem with his father while growing up with Itachi.  And NH/SS fans love to forget that the reason why Sakura originally went along with the Sasuke-bandwagon as a kid was because she saw it as means of gaining acceptance and detract people from mocking her forehead. Which isn't all that different from Naruto's original intentions for wanting to become Hokage.

That makes the end pairings even worse going off that.

#51025 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:48 AM

And in Sasuke's case too, he also respected and admired Itachi, BUT he also hated him because of the acknowledgement that Fugaku had given Itachi, even with his intents of trying to use him for the coup d'etat. Which added to Sasuke's desire to kill Itachi to me not just being about revenge, but proving he was Itachi's better, just like spitting on all he did for him, at the cost to himself and his soul, wasn't about anything btu Sasuke trying to "surpass" Itachi only to fail miserably.

At least though as he grew, Naruto had gained a better idea of why he wanted to become Hokage, since he saw how bad things could be for ninja, especially with Zabuza and Haku, as well as other things. Makes me wish that got said better.

That makes the end pairings even worse going off that.

You're damn right it does!

#51026 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:45 PM

And in Sasuke's case too, he also respected and admired Itachi, BUT he also hated him because of the acknowledgement that Fugaku had given Itachi, even with his intents of trying to use him for the coup d'etat. Which added to Sasuke's desire to kill Itachi to me not just being about revenge, but proving he was Itachi's better, just like spitting on all he did for him, at the cost to himself and his soul, wasn't about anything btu Sasuke trying to "surpass" Itachi only to fail miserably.

At least though as he grew, Naruto had gained a better idea of why he wanted to become Hokage, since he saw how bad things could be for ninja, especially with Zabuza and Haku, as well as other things. Makes me wish that got said better.

You're damn right it does!

Could Sasuke be anymore cliché cause it sounds he hated itachi cause he's dad played favorites.
The message got very mixed up and poorly Handel especially the fake Naruto and Sasuke friendship. Again I've said this before and I'll say it again power Rangers did the friend and rivalry thing better more than once in its season and each one was better.

#51027 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:48 PM

Could Sasuke be anymore cliché cause it sounds he hated itachi cause he's dad played favorites.
The message got very mixed up and poorly Handel especially the fake Naruto and Sasuke friendship. Again I've said this before and I'll say it again power Rangers did the friend and rivalry thing better more than once in its season and each one was better.

That's part of it why Sasuke hated Itachi if you ask me. Sometimes, that kind of thing does happen with siblings in different ways. It just was never said aloud by Sasuke, but it always was heavily shown he hated Itachi because of the recognition and power he had, not just because of the massacre.

It really did, and Super Sentai even did it well like that too, given it is the source material to Power Rangers. Even Black Clover does it better with Asta and Yuno.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 28 October 2019 - 05:50 PM.

#51028 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:06 PM

That's part of it why Sasuke hated Itachi if you ask me. Sometimes, that kind of thing does happen with siblings in different ways. It just was never said aloud by Sasuke, but it always was heavily shown he hated Itachi because of the recognition and power he had, not just because of the massacre.

It really did, and Super Sentai even did it well like that too, given it is the source material to Power Rangers. Even Black Clover does it better with Asta and Yuno.

Knowing that makes me hate Sasuke more he did all this cause he's jealous of his brother.
I'm more familiar with power Ranger, Wes and Eric and Casey and Jarrod are Naruto and Sasuke done right.

#51029 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:16 PM

Knowing that makes me hate Sasuke more he did all this cause he's jealous of his brother.
I'm more familiar with power Ranger, Wes and Eric and Casey and Jarrod are Naruto and Sasuke done right.

Agreed on that with Power Rangers, Vanitas. :)

#51030 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:42 PM

Agreed on that with Power Rangers, Vanitas. :)

Thanks plus power Rangers has better character and villains and mentors, sorry I'll take rj or cruger over kakashi any day especially rj cause he's awesome.
Casey saving Jarrod was done way better than Naruto "saving" Sasuke and done in less time.
Plus no Naruto villain can match lord zedd in terms of awesome cause zedd won in mighty morphin.

#51031 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:16 AM

I extremely dislike how the anime switched this around and made it seem like she was trying to save him. They tried it. They really went overboard with it and added so much filler. It was disgusting and innacurate to see them put in all of that filler and wasted beautiful animation for a scene that literally lasted a page in the manga. A one hit K.O. in a few panels turned into a whole battle lmao. I'll never get over that. 

I agree, especially what you said on this paragraph. SP went overboard, adding irrelevant background to Hinata who doesn't even have that type of childhood. The only thing was that she didn't get the acknowledgement from Hiashi because of her personality. The filler of "her being bullied so Naruto can save her like a fairy-tale prince" was not only inaccurate, but very stupid since 1) do those kids who bullied her know she's a Hyuuga, basically everyone's eyes in Konoha, "royalty", 2) because of the favoritism of Hinata's character, ignoring Sakura's background, who was the main female and was bullied because of her forehead, to further Sakura's development as a character (which SP doesn't give a damn to provide sympathy for her towards the audience), and 3) made her a loli (cue the pervs coming) bonus for the high quality animation and pointless fight (with the Sailor Hinata hair) that made the next episode, which was one of the biggest and hypest fight of the series, horrible and not worth looking. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#51032 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:51 PM

I agree with all of this. It makes me shiver thinking about all of the innacurate BS that was put into that episode. They literally took facts from the female lead and copy and pasted them. There was absolutely no excuse for them to do this any of this nonsense. It's misleading and most importantly, FALSE. You described it perfectly.

Seeing everything that happened, there is no doubt that they had a big role in orcheastrating and/or contributing to the nonsense of an ending. It's extremely unprofessional and misleading for them to act in the way that they have. Disgusting on their part. 

The pain fight was tragic to watch. I can't believe that they actually had the nerve to do that. And people will excuse and/or ignore that they basically blew their entire rent on a secondary character who has no immediate importance to the main character. Ugh! It's such an insult to anyone and everything about this series. 'Shipper' or not, that's messed up. The fight(s) deserved better. The series deserved better. 

Tell me about it. Makes me imagine what a world where Studio Pierrot didn't do the anime of Naruto would have been like and if we would have gotten this fuster cluck of an ending we got.

#51033 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

Tell me about it. Makes me imagine what a world where Studio Pierrot didn't do the anime of Naruto would have been like and if we would have gotten this fuster cluck of an ending we got.

Some how I see funamation doing a better job.

#51034 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:43 PM

Bones or A-1 Pictures would've been solid fits for Naruto.

Edited by Kagomaru, 29 October 2019 - 05:43 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#51035 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:07 PM

Bones or A-1 Pictures would've been solid fits for Naruto.

Bones has worked on My Hero Academia, right? They would be pretty good for sure

#51036 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:17 PM

Bones has worked on My Hero Academia, right? They would be pretty good for sure

Bones would also could've give the series in a seasonal format. That way, 1) that would had gave the anime team time if they were caught up to the manga, and 2) either less or much more appropriate fillers that would've made sense. Or I can add 3) stop the long running anime so it can give audience a breather and hype for the next season.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#51037 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:29 AM

Some how I see funamation doing a better job.

Ew, no. They were caught again adding political crap by altering the dub. This is like the 4 or 5th time.

#51038 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:43 AM

Bones would also could've give the series in a seasonal format. That way, 1) that would had gave the anime team time if they were caught up to the manga, and 2) either less or much more appropriate fillers that would've made sense. Or I can add 3) stop the long running anime so it can give audience a breather and hype for the next season.

I know what you mean! They've shown that well with My Hero Academia with how they've spread it out over seasons nicely.

#51039 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:08 PM

I wouldn't go to the extent of saying she's a horrible person, but it was defintely selfish (confirmed by her, even). Undeniable facts shouldn't be disputed. Yep, it was defintely all about what you said and should be treated as such. Sad to think that people praise her and NH for this when all it showcased was the exact nature of the pairing (one-sided feelings that are for the purpose of character development for said character). I blame SP for this honestly. 

This reminds me of how the episode was animated. I extremely dislike how the anime switched the narrative of the scene around and made it seem like she was trying to save him. She didn't in the manga, so it's very misleading for them to do this. They tried it. They really went overboard with it and added so much filler. It was disgusting and innacurate to see them put in all of that filler and waste beautiful animation for a scene that literally lasted a page in the manga. A one hit K.O. in a few panels turned into a whole battle lmao. I'll never get over that. 

Didn't they like blow their budget on animating beautiful Shoujo-Hinata, scenes to the point that the Naruto/Pain fight looked like a drug-fueled dream? 

You're absolutely correct on Sakura being shown as a realistic girl with her flaws, but the problem does not lie with that. The problem I find is that Sakura is practically treated like a demon and is everything wrong with the Naruto Universe because she is "kind of bratty", but others GET A PASS for it? Naruto, despite his tragic back story is also a brat and social rebel, and no matter what the circumstance, the fact remains, but do people give him kitten for it? No. What about Sasuke? He acts like a too cool for school type of brat, and his arrogance and hatred issues got him into deep kitten but fans find him "cool and sexy" instead. Ino is not that different from Sakura either, with the annoying fan girl attitude towards Sasuke and crapped on her friends at the beginning of the series like Sakura did to Naruto. But Ino is perfectly fine with the western fans, and in fact she is considered a waifu. It is Sakura that is "evil incarnate" for being "a brat". Do you see the problem with that? I sure do. It seems Sakura is the one character that her haters and NH fanatics can never let go of their initial impressions because....... why again? Especially if every other character is acknowledged as having "character development", Sakura will always be the "whiny, useless, tsundere biatch" that doesn't love Naruto and and never will. Instead she will forevermore be the "horny succubus" for Sasuke Uchiha.  :wallbash:

To be fair it took a while for people to actually LIKE Helga...and most of it came after they realized what a kitten life she had at home--it was no wonder why she was the way she was. 

I don't have statistics, and this is largely anecdotal but I do think there is a big discrepancy towards Female/Male Anti-Sakura and Pro-Sakura viewers. What I mean by that is you are more likely to like and empathize with her if you are a female. She's not hot like Ino and she doesn't have the nice girl! Hinata vibe. She's just pretty, and spirited. She doesn't even get any decent fights until much later in the series. So largely you're relying on being Empathetic to her FEELINGS to like her. 

The double standards are painful. "Omg that kitten Sakura ditched Ino for Sasukeee." A thing that didn't happen. It was largely a ploy to show that Sakura could stand on her own out of Ino's shadow and it seemed as though INO herself understood this. It was a mutual "rivalry." 

I agree, especially what you said on this paragraph. SP went overboard, adding irrelevant background to Hinata who doesn't even have that type of childhood. The only thing was that she didn't get the acknowledgement from Hiashi because of her personality. The filler of "her being bullied so Naruto can save her like a fairy-tale prince" was not only inaccurate, but very stupid since 1) do those kids who bullied her know she's a Hyuuga, basically everyone's eyes in Konoha, "royalty", 2) because of the favoritism of Hinata's character, ignoring Sakura's background, who was the main female and was bullied because of her forehead, to further Sakura's development as a character (which SP doesn't give a damn to provide sympathy for her towards the audience), and 3) made her a loli (cue the pervs coming) bonus for the high quality animation and pointless fight (with the Sailor Hinata hair) that made the next episode, which was one of the biggest and hypest fight of the series, horrible and not worth looking. 

TFW in the first 10 chapters Naruto is shown liking the thing EVERYONE made Sakura hate about herself. The fact that the whole Bench forehead kiss thing is never revisited is just salt inducing. Its like She's forever going to think that guy was Sasuke. And in retrospect after a few years---its like that forehead poke at the end just reinforced that thought in her mind. 

We most likely wouldn't have gotten the nonsense of an ending given that they've been doing so much of the BS replicated in the ending. I'm of the opinion that we probably had one more arc to go in order to tie up loose ends and ongoing plots. Wasn't the ending announced abruptly? Really abruptly? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The series definetly wasn't ready to end regardless. Even the final Naruto/Sasuke fight was atrocious. There was so much left to be done and done properly. Anyways, SP has no credibility after all the BS they have done. 

Even the BS they did to Sakura was awful. They made her looked less feminine throughout the series and increased her tsundere moments out of spite. Nothing wrong with her tsundere personality, of course; but it caused unwarranted dislike from ignorant people. In one of the filler episodes, they even had Hinata using medical ninjustsu. Medical ninjustu. As if it were like turning on a switch and not something that doesn't require grueling training to do. Smh. What a whole mess. They really want her to be Sakura so bad so they can replace her as the female lead/heroine. I'll forever cuss this studio out for their awful actions. 

Yep, I agree. I'm also of the opinion that it's the animation studio's responsibility to make appropriate filler if filler is necessary. There was so much innacurate filler that contradicted the canon throughout the series it boiled my blood. A good example of a series sticking to facts is the Rock Lee mini series, I really enjoyed it because it stuck to what was already established in canon. From what I remember of it, it was really great - was nice to see every character.  

I believe we had a year or so forwarning that things were wrapping up. The problem was that year wasn't really spent on wrapping up character arcs so you really never got a feeling that they had arrived where they needed to be. And by the end, it was like any progress they had made was regressed or nonsensical. At the end of that Sasuke/Naruto Fight i wasn't feeling "OMG muh team 7 so happy - sniff,cries-" I was thinking "This is kittening dumb, how is this even possible?" And by forehead poke I was thinking "What the ever-loving hell has happened. You people...You're all garbage." There is no real sense of anyone having learned anything or real consequences for the pain left in their wake. 

and that Poke...I mean how can they all just be like "Well Sasuke lost an arm and he's no longer going to rain destruction on the village so forget that he repeatedly tried maiming Sakura during the final fight." FFS If I saw Sasuke going to poke Sakura after all that I'd think he was trying to kill her again.  But this is a world where no-one behaves like a normal person.

Lmao. But like the Byakugan makes Hinata a superior medic-nin It's not like its just Hinata who got on the medical bandwagon, Ino was there too because god forbid Sakura have anything that sets her apart. I'm sure if this had gone on any longer Hinata would have gotten the Strength of a Hundred seal too. I mean they basically ripped off her "Scary when angry" and Shorthair, and even her outfit in The Last seemed modeled after Sakura's Part II.  :zaru:

What, you didn't enjoy the randomly inserted scene of naked 13yr old Hinata bathing under a waterfall like a river nymph?!  :chuckle:  

Rock Lee's show did a better job of characterizing these characters and their relationships than the main show. Its weird. 

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 31 October 2019 - 06:37 PM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#51040 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:08 PM

I wouldn't go to the extent of saying she's a horrible person, but it was defintely selfish (confirmed by her, even). Undeniable facts shouldn't be disputed. Yep, it was defintely all about what you said and should be treated as such. Sad to think that people praise her and NH for this when all it showcased was the exact nature of the pairing (one-sided feelings that are for the purpose of character development for said character). I blame SP for this honestly. 

This reminds me of how the episode was animated. I extremely dislike how the anime switched the narrative of the scene around and made it seem like she was trying to save him. She didn't in the manga, so it's very misleading for them to do this. They tried it. They really went overboard with it and added so much filler. It was disgusting and innacurate to see them put in all of that filler and waste beautiful animation for a scene that literally lasted a page in the manga. A one hit K.O. in a few panels turned into a whole battle lmao. I'll never get over that.

The worst part is all of this could have been avoided and completely disregarded if Kishi had just ended things the way he wanted instead of brushing it off to others to finish it for him. Now I understand he was being burn out by writing the series for so long and his father's death took a huge toll on him but still the consequences for his work remained because he just kept playing ""yes men" to what others were saying, the worst offender again being actually believing any B#!! S^*& that making Hinata the heroine and love interest was what the fans wanted and WAS A GOOD IDEA

I'm actually beyond the point of caring anymore whether Naruto got together with Sakura or not (Shonen series often times don't conclude with a canon couple despite how how well written the couple is or how heavily hinted at their romance is, let's not kid ourselves) What infuriates me is WHAT HAD TO BE DESTROYED to make Naruto and Hinata canon, and the lack of development between them was the least of the writing problems regarding that. The Movie that made them canon had to "defecate" on the entire franchise's premise and Naruto's very character to make a (Quote)"believable reason" (Unquote) for Naruto and Hinata to fall in love and marry.

Has any other shonen series ever done a single bit of this baloney under the pretense of it being not part of the romance genre?   :headscratch:

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 December 2019 - 07:46 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users