• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#61 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:51 AM

Where's Naruto to beat some sense into these people? And people wonder why I enjoy reading fantasy stories.

Edited by Sir Whirly, 27 May 2009 - 04:52 AM.

#62 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Saint Michael @ May 26 2009, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was no new world after World War I or World War II there was mass devastation. If that was your idea of a new world then you sir would be correct.

Hmm....I ain't talking about Fallout style of change here chief. I'm talking about mentality. That's a change too. And mass genocide. Yes see, that's a change too. ( Yes I'm a captain obvious. )

What happened after WWI and WWII? Change of mentality. Change of leaders, change of plans , change of laws. I'm sorry if my terms are...primitive. Also the UN would finally buff up and do something that actually involved some direct change.....Heheh, I'm such a riot. ( They can still fool us. Beware though. )

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ May 27 2009, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where's Naruto to beat some sense into these people?

I'm having a hard time digesting that. Sorry. ( Not the fact that you read fantasy books. That's actually pretty cool. )

#63 SweetestChick

SweetestChick

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:See my fanfiction.net profile... www.fanfiction.net/~sweetestchick

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ May 27 2009, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where's Naruto to beat some sense into these people?

Lol, yesh! That would be so great to see! Jeez, N. Korea is definitely trying to push everyone's buttons. They've been advised against such actions like 2-3 times before and they don't seem to care much at all! They seriously are trying to rile other countries up just to start a senseless war. dry.gif Those people remind me of hard-headed children with their behavior.
The best things in life are free.

#64 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 27 2009, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I vote for the stark raving, and the fact that his health has been declining, he may not even care what happens to his country anymore, as he knows he might not be around much longer anyways.

I second the stark raving mad. North Korea have completely lost all sense now. Kim Jong Il and his military rulers were always a few spanners short of a toolkit, but this is really taking the biscuit. Not only have they been firing off all those missiles, but they have re-opened their nuclear facility and threatened military strikes against South Korea! Kim Jong Il has said that North Korea "no longer consider themselves bound by the 1953 treaty" (the truce that ended the Korean War).

Even the Chinese government has lost patience with North Korea and is criticising the regime.

Personally, I really hate wishing death on others, but the sooner Kim Jong Il kicks the bucket, the better. Hopefully the resulting power vacuum wouldn't be filled with another madman. It makes me sad when I think of the ordinary North Korean people, having to live under his thumb and get their heads filled with all that propaganda crap.

#65 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

As soon Kim kicks the bucket , Kim Junior comes in the play.

We need to overthrown the Jong Il family away from power. If not possible...eradicate them. It happened with Suddam's family.

It can easily happen to Kim's.

I'm more worried if Kim actually goes ape insane and wages war. Then the ordinary people of North Korea , will probably not only have that propaganda crap in their brains...they'll die for it. This is a time bomb ready to explode. Unfortunately, it's going to explode either way. If it doesn't....good. But that's unlikely.

#66 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 27 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It makes me sad when I think of the ordinary North Korean people, having to live under his thumb and get their heads filled with all that propaganda crap.

I just feel badly for the Asian people of so many different nations, whom are being held down by the steel thumb of their regions rulers. North Korea, China, Tibet, Myanmar/Burma. Asians just can't seem to catch a break sleep.gif

#67 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ May 27 2009, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where's Naruto to beat some sense into these people? And people wonder why I enjoy reading fantasy stories.

I don't think you'd want that...

#68 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (True @ May 28 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG LMAO! That is way too funny. Thanks for the humor, lord knows we need it in these trying times.

#69 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (True @ May 29 2009, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHAHA! laugh.gif "laughter is the best medicine" biggrin.gif

#70 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (True @ May 28 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!!

Seriously, True, where did you find this stuff?

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#71 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

I think N.Korea's serious people.... WW3's coming in the next few years, I bet..... man, y'know something? if Bush had a LOT of time in his hands, instead of sending troops to the meaningless Iraq war, he should've sent troops to N.Korea & invade it for god's sakes!!! BTW True, that was hilarious!!!!

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#72 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ May 30 2009, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think N.Korea's serious people.... WW3's coming in the next few years, I bet..... man, y'know something? if Bush had a LOT of time in his hands, instead of sending troops to the meaningless Iraq war, he should've sent troops to N.Korea & invade it for god's sakes!!! BTW True, that was hilarious!!!!

Iran's engaging in the same behavior and people cried out in indignation when they thought Bush wanted to invade that country. There is no way they would have let him invade North Korea. In fact, Iran isn't as far along and might be stopped through military intervention. Should Obama just have the 120,000 in Iraq march on Iran?

#73 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:34 AM

In my opinion. Strong military diplomacy should be enacted towards NK. The economical sanction don't harm the regime as much as a threat of immediate joint military action against the Peninsula would. Why? In my opinion, the NK leadership speaks and understands only the language of war, as it is shown by their usage of nuclear arms as a means of bargain.

The threat of military retaliation against NK should also be enacted at this moment when China and Russia do not have much economical leverage on the Western world due to the slump of oil prices( and demand) and the overall ailing global economy.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#74 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

Kim Jong-il anoints son as his heir

#75 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Pite @ May 31 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion. Strong military diplomacy should be enacted towards NK. The economical sanction don't harm the regime as much as a threat of immediate joint military action against the Peninsula would. Why? In my opinion, the NK leadership speaks and understands only the language of war, as it is shown by their usage of nuclear arms as a means of bargain.

The threat of military retaliation against NK should also be enacted at this moment when China and Russia do not have much economical leverage on the Western world due to the slump of oil prices( and demand) and the overall ailing global economy.

Actually, China has huge leverage. Nobody owns more US Debt than the Chinese. Pelosi and Geitner have had to fly over there to try and reassure them so they Chinese would continue to buy our debt. And as Obama continues to grow the debt, he will need someone to buy or he'll be forced to monetize the entire thing.

#76 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:40 AM

Yes, but also look that China has its currency pegged on the US Dollar, what would be good for them (Export wise) is the fall of the U currency, but they fear inflation that would wipe out their massive foreign currency surplus ($5 Trillion Dollars (CFR.org).

True, Geithner flew into China to assure the Chinese on the temporary existance of the American Super-Deficit.
Yet, look at the fact that the Chinese Economy has suffered a lot due to the ailing American demand (a fall by 20% quite recently). What I'm arguing is that, well they don't have as much of a leverage (albeit substantial you're right my statement was errounous) as they used to since the Dollar rose in value comparatitivly to other currencies. Also Geitner can use the American market as a leverage, he can propose to increase tarriffs on Chinese goods etc.

Also, the Chinese seemed displeased with the NK nuclear test, and what I think also with the choice of the NK successor, the 25 year old Kim offspring, who is said to be similar to his father. I gotta feeling that the phone between Pyongyang and Beijing was at least ringing alot recently.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#77 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Now that madman Kim Jong Il is threatening Nuclear War! DD:

Things just keep on escalating x.x

#78 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 14 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that madman Kim Jong Il is threatening Nuclear War! DD:

Things just keep on escalating x.x

Yea, you go ahead and do that Kim Jon Il, and see how quick that little rat hole of a country would be wiped off the face of the earth.

#79 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

North and South korea should like, have a big fight (in north korea, 'cus wouldnt want nice little south citizens getting hurt now, would we?) Matrix cool.gif style with lots of guns, fire and tall buildings. a_plotting.gif

Ok. Stupid idea. sweatdrop.gif

#80 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jun 14 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, you go ahead and do that Kim Jon Il, and see how quick that little rat hole of a country would be wiped off the face of the earth.

He's betting that the international community doesn't have the balls to oppose him for long, and for good reason. There is a long history of, well, them not having the balls to seriously oppose him for long. It also helps that he has aid in China who warned people not actually enforce those new sanctions through any kind of force.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users