• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#49881 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:53 AM

You know what's sad about this? In the KH3 trailer, Kairi showed more character in one scene than Hinata did in an entire chapter.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#49882 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:45 PM

You know what's sad about this? In the KH3 trailer, Kairi showed more character in one scene than Hinata did in an entire chapter.

Well, thats because the writers care about her character and they have the brain to know what they are doing.

And unliky SP they dont have a sick perverted obsession with Kairi.

#49883 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:01 PM

Well he DID pull that, you ARE aware of the couples that spawned since chapter 700 right? among most of the Konoha 12?

This was to me?

Yeah, I've heard of a few, and it's another reason the epilogue pairings are easy to laugh off. Ino and Sai? Really? Did they interact even once during the manga? That's a legitimate question. They'd never even met by the time I stopped paying attention.

bd5.jpg

#49884 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:31 PM

This was to me?

Yeah, I've heard of a few, and it's another reason the epilogue pairings are easy to laugh off. Ino and Sai? Really? Did they interact even once during the manga? That's a legitimate question. They'd never even met by the time I stopped paying attention.

They interacted 1 time, but Sai didn't really like Ino

#49885 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:40 PM

They interacted 1 time, but Sai didn't really like Ino

Which in this manga that means they will end up together.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#49886 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:47 AM

This was to me?

Sai and Ino only ended up together because he was Sasuke's replacement.

#49887 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:55 AM

The fans' relation with SP in a nutshell

#49888 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:08 AM

Which in this manga that means they will end up together.

naruto-1568508.jpg

naruto-1568509.jpg

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#49889 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:27 AM

Sword Art Online also had the excuse that the first half of season one took place over, what was it, like, two years in-universe time? Things happened offscreen. We saw the big moments up until the lead-in to the final battle, where we stuck with them pretty consistently. Plus, say what you want, but at least it had some development. Sword Art Online's problem is that a concept that could hold up multiple anime seasons is rushed through in half a season. Which, I mean, they had what they had at the time - the series that fills in the missing time hadn't gone too far when that first season aired - but probably suggests maybe it should have waited a couple years. But I digress.

SAO does have it's own problems. I am not going to say the anime is gold that people are not getting because I do see the issues it has. I am not sure about the time skips because Kirito and the characters never really made much headway in development in some time skips, so why show it if it adds nothing? (It is much different from one minute the character is alone to the next he is 20 years olds with wife and kids with characters they had no interaction with.) The characters that did, Kirito wasn't there for it. He was a loner so obviously he is not keeping up with every person. People forget that SAO takes place from Kirito's perspective so characters developing when Kirito is not around is expected. Just like how Asuna wasn't around Kirito either. It is basically complaining about "Well, how did Asuna develop her cooking skills when we don't see it on screen." Did we really need to see that?

It's like watching a "let's play" where the person playing an RPG skips them grinding. Do you really want to watch them fight every creature, fight every monster, and show how he goes from lvl 20 to 100 grinding in the same area for 6 hours? No, that would be ridiculous. So some of it is warranted, some of it not. I don't see to see everything Kirito does. Just focus on the major aspects.

Is that what the fandom looks like now? I wouldn't know. I don't participate anymore. Anytime I see Naruto brought up these days, it's not positively, unless it's like, "OMG best girl won lol" or whatever. I don't see too many people with good things to say about the plot. I've seen some who were happy about the end pairings say yeah, it was kind of crap. But that's not directly involved in the fandom.

That is what is remaining of the Naruto fandom. For the rest of the anime fandom in general, I don't hear much about Naruto or Boruto. If they do say anything they are like you "Is that what is happening? I wouldn't know, I have not been paying attention."

And I think that kind of shows how bland Naruto is now. People rather talk about SAO, no matter how bad they say it is, than anything Boruto anymore.

Normally I try to cut stuff like this a little slack. Because, I mean, it's shounen. They're often long runners that decompress the hell out of themselves and wind up going off the rails. It happens. Naruto's unique in that it crapped out pretty hard and had serious story problems. He didn't even get to be Hokage on his own. If I remember right - and I've done my best not to think about Naruto much since the ending - it's handed to him off-screen before the epilogue by Kakashi, who was hokage for a bit because how the hell else does Sasuke get pardoned at that point? It's given to him by a fill-in and not even on-screen.

Amazing.

It's hard to keep excusing issues by saying "well, it is a shounen." Might as well say "Why should I watch it? It is only a shounen" and I don't think some people would have a problem with people saying that. Regardless, even if it is a shounen, it doesn't mean they can just lackluster on the writing.  We kept making excuses and now they think they can write anything and people will eat it up. This is why we are getting dumber and dumber stories.

I am reminded of the south park episode where everyone was into stupid stuff and Honey Boo Boo and James Cameron came about to "raise the bar." How far is the bar going to go before we say? "This is stupid. Naruto is stupid. It needs to be written better."

That's why I stopped reading it. I assume you held on until the end, yeah? I gave up after Pain (Pein?) and the great Konoha resurrection. I used this forum for a while there as the only real contact with the series, popping in to see what had happened until it ended.

I had to for the sake of the podcast, but I was giving up on the series itself since the Kage Summit Arc. For a while I thought "Kishimoto could make it all up by make NS canon and at least giving us a good ending," but I was a fool then. I am no fool now. That's why I now just wait look at dumb Boruto stuff to see how far they could make it worse....and so far I have not been disappointed. Every time I think "they can't get any lower" they pull something else to just ruin it. Funny enough, it is not the series that pisses me off so much as it is some fans who still think this series is awesome. People who still believe that SS is a "happy couple" despite obvious signs of misery, who think Sasuke is a good and loyal father who is always there for his children despite even Naruto saying he is never home enough, who think Naruto is an amazing father who just so happens to be busy all the time, but constantly shown that he just lays about feeling sorry for himself and Shikamaru mentioned his home life being miserable (and yet seems to always have time for everyone else's kid)

So far, there are three big groups in this world that live in the biggest denial in the entire world....two I will not mention because of political reasons, but the third is the still remaining proender-Naruto fans. They deny everything even if the manga/anime/whatever specifically says they are wrong. Not even interpretation wrong, but literally wrong.

ex:

Denial: "Sasuke and Sakura been on many dates and they love each other."
Reality: "Sakura literally says she and Sasuke have on been on one "date," if you can call it that, and it only lasted 2 and half minutes."

I couldn't believe the balls it took to do that. Destroyed the village, then pulled a mass resurrection because Naruto talked him into it. And people call superhero resurrections bulls***. This also has the Akatsuki finally just wiped out. Part 2's supposed antagonists and a group hyped up to be a big deal, gone because the group couldn't so much as go to the grocery store without someone dying. Dudes could get in a schoolyard slapfight but they'd probably lose three people. Dudes could've died going outside and tripping on a crack. As I recall, this was also around when Tobi was revealed to be a goddamn Uchiha - Madara, as I recall, but then I later heard no, he wasn't really Madara, Madara was someone else he worked with and he was kittening Obito - and ha ha ha, no all around.

And yet, I rather have all of that....than whatever Boruto is doing in terms of what it calls a "plot."

@Yyubie

That scene has more romance in it than ANY SS scene and most of NH scenes.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 13 December 2018 - 01:31 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#49890 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:58 AM

There's certainly no romance from Sai, who as tricksie put it, went from being the Sasuke substitute on Team 7 to being a Sasuke substitute in his marriage.

#49891 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:20 AM

There's certainly no romance from Sai, who as tricksie put it, went from being the Sasuke substitute on Team 7 to being a Sasuke substitute in his marriage.

Pretty much. It's a damn shame that Ino and Chouji didn't get together.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#49892 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:11 AM

In honor of the holiday season, this is the best NaruSaku Christmas AMV in my opinion.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#49893 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:57 AM

I miss the good old days when I would watch videos like that on a regular basis, sometimes all day on the weekends.

#49894 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:59 AM

It's hard to keep excusing issues by saying "well, it is a shounen." Might as well say "Why should I watch it? It is only a shounen" and I don't think some people would have a problem with people saying that. Regardless, even if it is a shounen, it doesn't mean they can just lackluster on the writing.  We kept making excuses and now they think they can write anything and people will eat it up. This is why we are getting dumber and dumber stories.

I am reminded of the south park episode where everyone was into stupid stuff and Honey Boo Boo and James Cameron came about to "raise the bar." How far is the bar going to go before we say? "This is stupid. Naruto is stupid. It needs to be written better."

I mean, it would be a fair question to ask. I don't watch or read shounen anymore. They usually go a billion years with an ungodly amount of chapters or episodes and are an incredible time sink for something that is always ultimately decompressed to the breaking point because these poor people have to churn out a chapter weekly and turnaround that quick almost requires you waste a lot of time and pages just to make it easier to hit the page number.

Regardless, make no mistake, I don't make excuses for Naruto. I've kittened about it to high heaven. My point was more that I try to cut shounen some slack because I know the ridiculous circumstances those sort of series are made under and despite cutting that slack I still think Naruto fell the hell apart in spectacular fasion.

I had to for the sake of the podcast, but I was giving up on the series itself since the Kage Summit Arc. For a while I thought "Kishimoto could make it all up by make NS canon and at least giving us a good ending," but I was a fool then. I am no fool now.

Ah, you had a commitment, so you couldn't ditch. Sucks. I'm glad I dropped out when I did. Saved myself years of disappointment.

I kept poking back in because I still cared about NaruSaku and wanted to see if it became canon or went anywhere, but after I dropped it I'd given up on a good ending. Once something becomes bad enough, there's little chance of making a satisfying ending that will justify all the time it was awful. Even if NaruSaku had ended up the canon pairing I wouldn't have much better an opinion of the manga.

Reality: "Sakura literally says she and Sasuke have on been on one "date," if you can call it that, and it only lasted 2 and half minutes."

Hahaha, really? Holy crap. How can the shippers even be happy at this point? Their pairings won out, but the characters involved are freaking miserable. This is not a happy ending for any of them. If NaruSaku had become canon and ended up like either of those two I certainly wouldn't have been pleased.

And yet, I rather have all of that....than whatever Boruto is doing in terms of what it calls a "plot."

I mean, different strokes, I guess, and I don't really know what Boruto is doing, but I don't think it could be much worse than all the villains being ineffectual buffoons and an entire village being resurrected by talking. It would have to be a special flavor of bad for that, I think.

bd5.jpg

#49895 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:07 AM

The anime said that Sakrau and Sasuke had one date that lasted 2 /12 minutes that involved sitting on a bench looking over the sea. It was meant to remind people of the bench scene where "sasuke" said Sakura forehead was cute and he wanted to kiss it. Look at the summaries I did for the early Boruto episodes it in one of them. Is it canon? Who knows, who cares.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 December 2018 - 04:37 PM.

#49896 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:35 AM

The anime said that Sakrau and Sasuke had one date that lasted 2 /12 minutes that involved sitting on a bench looking over the sea. It was meant to remind people of the bench scene where "sasuke" said Sakura forehead was cute and he wanted to kiss it. Look at the summaries I did for the early Boruto episodes it in one of them. Is it canon? Who know who cares.

Sasuke only was able to stand still for that long for the same reason that Salad was able to be conceived, he was thinking about Naruto the whole time.

#49897 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

Sasuke only was able to stand still for that long for the same reason that Salad was able to be conceived, he was thinking about Naruto the whole time.

Why would he even needed to have sex with Sakura to conceive? Just put some sperm in one of those dishes, and give it to Sakura.

#49898 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:33 AM

Why would he even needed to have sex with Sakura to conceive? Just put some sperm in one of those dishes, and give it to Sakura.

Honestly, it does make some sense and plausible... But still, Karin is "somehow" involved so, no matter what the canon pairings tried to deny.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#49899 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:35 AM

Honestly, it does make some sense and plausible... But still, Karin is "somehow" involved so, no matter what the canon pairings tried to deny.

Sakura was a surrogate: https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Surrogacy

Same thing but even the egg is medically implanted.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 14 December 2018 - 12:39 AM.

#49900 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:46 AM

Sakura was a surrogate: https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Surrogacy

Same thing but even the egg is medically implanted.

As I said, its plausible and probably make sense. However, Sarada still has the Karin features. God, its like we're heading towards Maury with this "plot".

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)