Naruto-Chapter2974_zps61de973e.png
Naruto-Chapter2975_zps184056c3.png
Naruto-Chapter2976_zpsb250d669.png
Naruto-Chapter2977_zps74e631d8.png
Naruto-Chapter2978_zps2c1d2101.png
Naruto-Chapter29710_zps01f92740.png
Naruto-Chapter29711_zps55bc8d0f.png
Naruto-Chapter29712_zps01d85069.png

What happens in this scene? After the events at the Heaven & Earth bridge, Sakura is healing Naruto. Her wound is shown to still be hurting her. Then the unconscious Naruto is shown to still be in pain and Sakura expresses a desire to learn Yamato's jutsu to restrain a bijuu. However, it requires the Wood Release, so she can't. Sakura remarks that she can only do the dumbest of things for Naruto. Yamato says that it's not about what she can do for Naruto, it's about how strongly she feels about him. He then smiles knowingly and begins to tell Sakura something that is apparent to him about her feelings for Naruto. But Naruto wakes up and he is interrupted.

What was the significance of this supposed to be? Sakura wants to help Naruto. In fact, at this point, Sakura would do anything to help Naruto. This is obvious to Yamato. He eyes the claw marks on her arm before making his statement. Everything that I said in the post about the bridge scene also applies here. Sakura got herself injured solely because she couldn't bear to watch Naruto suffer because she cared about him so much that it hurt.

What was Yamato going to say? Canonically, there's nothing he could have said that makes any sense in retrospect. "The truth is, you really view Naruto as an important friend?" That would be stating the obvious considering she just expressed a desire to learn a technique to help him. So Yamato was about to reveal something about Sakura's feelings that she had yet to acknowledge. The fact that Naruto was a close friend of hers was in the open. The fact that she cared about Naruto was also made extremely clear. What else is there other than that she has romantic feelings towards Naruto?

Did Naruto love Sakura at this point? Yes.

Did Sakura love Naruto at this point? Yamato thinks she does. At this point, do we have any reason to doubt him? No.

So what does this mean for NaruSaku? Sakura is starting to return the feelings that Naruto has for her. This is great. Basically everything in this arc is about Sakura's care for Naruto and desire to help Naruto. The bridge scene had connotations that I talked about in the earlier post. This scene is a continuation. In case anyone didn't understand that Sakura getting herself hurt over her own heartache could be interpreted as romantic.

Rating: 4. On its own, this scene is not as bad as the bridge scene overall. However, Yamato's line, and as a consequence this whole scene means nothing now. Sakura did not love Naruto.

Just ignore the fact that that wound on her arm, a scar that she would still have on her body today, is a testament to how much she cared about Naruto and needed him to be alright. It's fine if he's just not a part of her life anymore. What does Sakura even think about when she looks at that arm?

I challenge anyone to explain her abandonment of Naruto in a way that makes any sense. It's even worse than Sasuke's abandonment of Karin with no explanation. You don't just forget about someone who was the most important person to you and just move on to live a mediocre life. Especially not in a god damn shonen about BONDS.

Naruto-Chapter2977_zps74e631d8.png

I like how after posing this question, she doesn't even look up at Yamato. She continues to gaze down at Naruto, sweating, with profound emotion on her face.

Sakura's heart couldn't deal with this. It was too much for her. But she has no problem pushing Naruto towards Hinata in the Last, sentencing herself to a life with someone who tried to kill her and who will never be around. We don't see any such emotion from Sakura in regard to this. She's totally fine with it, and is totally fine with the terrible consequences of this decision.

These character moments of deep inner turmoil are not reconcilable with the ending. Is losing Naruto to death really so much different than losing him because of your own indifference and nonsensical obsession? Not really. She still lost him and is way worse off for it.

Another 5, no explanation needed because I'm pretty sure it is self explanatory  :smile:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#402 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:53 AM

Exactly they had a beautiful dynamic and it was gradually build up it wasn't something done out of the blue like with certain couples, that's what made them look so great . The only "downside" you can say was that they weren't open about their feelings and that ultimately hurt them but its nothing damaging to the couple itself,  this is where Sakura's confession should have been played different, to realize her feelings and be open to Naruto same with Naruto as it was freaking foreshadowed, for NS it only needed that finishing touch.     

Yeah what a joke it makes me vomit  :sick: . Hinata should have ended up with her Scarf-Kun and it would still made more sens then NH that's how twisted all of this is. 

In a weird sense, they both were expressive, but they constantly denied the other's feelings as real. They both said to each other than their loves were fake even if they were real.
"I hate people who lie to themselves"
"You only loved me because you had a rivalry with Sasuke."

They completely downright deny eachother and basically tell each other that "You don't know what you are talking about?" Almost like they hated themselves so much that being together was not something they deserved...so they pushed the other to be with someone miserable thinking that "this was the best" and "he/she deserved better." And again, all over Sasuke. Their obsession with Sasuke made them hate themselves more than Sasuke hated anything. They absolutly believed and gave every excuse not to persue better things because "How can I when I don't even keep my promises?" or "I have caused them so much pain."

If you told me that the reality was that Naruto and Sakura really did love each other, but they don't believed they deserved each other over stupid reasoning...I would not be surprised.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#403 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:16 AM

If you told me that the reality was that Naruto and Sakura really did love each other, but they don't believed they deserved each other over stupid reasoning...I would not be surprised.

This would be awesome pathos, but they make it clear that that's not what happened. Naruto acknowledges being a scumbag who viewed Sakura as food and loved Hinata the whole time, and Sakura intuitively knew this all along and felt nothing over abandoning Naruto for Sasuke. That is who they said the protagonists were in the end.

I get that Naruto is now a dumbass with no understanding of feelings, but you would think that the reality of this would have hurt Sakura. The reality of Naruto's stupidity and shallowness.

Edited by DrK, 18 December 2017 - 10:06 AM.

#404 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

In a weird sense, they both were expressive, but they constantly denied the other's feelings as real. They both said to each other than their loves were fake even if they were real.
"I hate people who lie to themselves"
"You only loved me because you had a rivalry with Sasuke."

They completely downright deny eachother and basically tell each other that "You don't know what you are talking about?" Almost like they hated themselves so much that being together was not something they deserved...so they pushed the other to be with someone miserable thinking that "this was the best" and "he/she deserved better." And again, all over Sasuke. Their obsession with Sasuke made them hate themselves more than Sasuke hated anything. They absolutly believed and gave every excuse not to persue better things because "How can I when I don't even keep my promises?" or "I have caused them so much pain."

It really does give that feeling honestly, but everything is so surreal now. God how I hate this stupid story, its stupid blind favoritism,  its stupid writing and its stupid author  :facepalm:

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#405 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

Don't forget its STUPID STUPID FANS!!!!!!! :zaru:

#406 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

Don't forget its STUPID STUPID FANS!!!!!!! :zaru:

That goes without saying! They are like an INCURABLE DISEASE pure CANCER!!!!  

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#407 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:29 PM

This would be awesome pathos, but they make it clear that that's not what happened. Naruto acknowledges being a scumbag who viewed Sakura as food and loved Hinata the whole time, and Sakura intuitively knew this all along and felt nothing over abandoning Naruto for Sasuke. That is who they said the protagonists were in the end.

I get that Naruto is now a dumbass with no understanding of feelings, but you would think that the reality of this would have hurt Sakura. The reality of Naruto's stupidity and shallowness.

It really does give that feeling honestly, but everything is so surreal now. God how I hate this stupid story, its stupid blind favoritism,  its stupid writing and its stupid author  :facepalm:

I really think this shows how so many people tried to influence their intention to the story without understanding it fully. What were they really trying to go for? Did Naruto really love Sakura or did he not? Were they really close or were they not? They want to say that Naruto and Sakura never loved each other, but say that they were very close and the like, but the fact that Sakura and Naruto are miserable in the families they are in now and how they have become as characters, they keep expressing that Naruto and Sakura should have been the main couple and secretly they do love each other, but it just never worked out. Like having characters say "Why didn't you and him get together instead of how it is when you both express how close you are to each other?" And they don't have a clear answer why. They can't think of a good reason other than "Their love was fake." Well, if it was all fake why did they care for each other so much?

They put themselves between a rock and a hard place because since they made the families so...toxic...that they are making it seem like they had an opportunity to be happier and then they justthrew it away.

This reminds me of "She's out of my league" and their reasoning behind the story.
Stainer asks his former girlfriend on why they didn't work out and proclaiming it was because he wasn't good enough.
The girl looks at him and says "The reason we didn't work out was because YOU thought you weren't good enough. I loved you as you were, but you gave up on yourself. I didn't see numbers, I just saw you." Or something like that. More or less.

That was Naruto and Sakura for a good portion of the manga. Naruto didn't think he was good enough because he couldn't keep his promises and he convinced himself that Sakura ONLY loved Sasuke which is untrue. The fact that he kept denying her even when he had the opportunity. In Naruto the Last it was the reverse. Sakura kept denying Naruto's feelings because she never felt she was good enough even though it was of perfect opportunity for them to get together and I don't think Sasuke would have cared.

If anything...the friends of Sakura and Naruto should have reinforced their true feelings and not just say "Yeah, you should be with them" or just accept whatever is happening in the relationship. I am sorry, I can't see Ino not being Sakura's girl friend telling her that she should follow her true feelings and not what people tell her. Shikamaru and Rock Lee and maybe even Sasuke should have been the brothers they are and tell Naruto that being with a girl just because she loves you regardless if you feel the same is not a good way to be in a relationship. I have given this advice to many of my fellow male friends about relationship advice. If you don't like the girl or feel nothing between the two of you...DON'T BE WITH HER. You are only going to make yourself miserable for the sake someone else and if the other person really does love you...they would never want you to be miserable or do something you don't like. Yes, it would be hard for them, but that is what true love means. You want them to be happier than you can ever make them. If you feel that they can't be happy unless they are with you...then you are not a good person for them to be with. You are a manipulator.

Imagine if that is what happened in Naruto the Last. Where it looked like NH was going to happen in the end, but in reality Hinata realizes that Naruto is not happy with her and he should be with Sakura because she does love him that much. Hinata is like the "Molly" girl in She's out of my League. As soon as the main guy falls for someone else, she gets jealous and tries harder to win him back over. In my opinion, Naruto should of told Hinata that "You are not in love with me...you are in love with what I do" and it is true. Hinata is only in love with Naruto with his actions. It was Sakura that saw Naruto in his purest form. Not the hero or some prophecy child, but as himself.

The more the studio or whoever keeps playing these "Naruto and Sakura were really close" all the while showcasing how disfunctional NH and especially SS are...the more they keep proving that NH and SS were a bad couple from the start and that NS should have been canon.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 December 2017 - 08:57 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#408 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

Oh it is something that we all know. Why do you THINK that so many of us were outraged at that fallacy of a movie, besides its total wrong inconsistencies with the story? naruto and Hinata's "romance" (hahahahahhahahahahahahaha, It's not) :hm:  was not believable to anyone that has ANY FUNCTIONAL experience with relationships, only those wishful thinking or selective blindness would think that the two of them marrying for love was even remotely believable

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 December 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#409 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:44 AM

I am sorry, I can't see Ino not being Sakura's girl friend telling her that she should follow her true feelings and not what people tell her.

Ino was with Sai, who is just like Sasuke. He can't feel anything. He's better because he never tried to hurt her, but he doesn't love Ino. It was made clear that he wasn't attracted to her. So she is doing the same thing as Sakura. Forcing herself on some emotionless and distant dude entirely based on looks.

Edited by DrK, 19 December 2017 - 02:46 AM.

#410 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

It was strange, really. When I first saw this scene, I was excited for the pairing. Sakura was about to realize her feelings, and I always found it ironic that Naruto was the one who interrupted the process. Scenes like this make me wonder why Kishimoto would include scenes such as these without the plan of making NS canon. 

#411 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

It was strange, really. When I first saw this scene, I was excited for the pairing. Sakura was about to realize her feelings, and I always found it ironic that Naruto was the one who interrupted the process. Scenes like this make me wonder why Kishimoto would include scenes such as these without the plan of making NS canon. 

He's always doing stuff like that. First he made Sakura like Sasuke even more at the bench scene. Then when Sakura was about to fall on her own sword for him in the Chunin exams he prevents her from doing that. He leaves Konoha, returns and fails to respond to Sakura's flirting. He cuts off Sakura when the fate of a bijuu-less jinchuuriki is revealed and she's trying to tearfully explain that she cares about him. Then this scene happens. Then when Sakura offers to feed him he allows Sai to distract him and stops paying attention to Sakura. He doesn't react to Sakura's hug. Then during the fake confession he's harsh with her for no reason whatsoever. Then during the war arc he generally ignores Sakura. Then he failed to tell her about his feelings or even ask her why she did any of these things after the war ends and she claims to still love Sasuke.

Naruto likes to maintain the status quo. The image of Naruto walking with Sakura, happy and excited to be in her presence is almost ubiquitous. But whenever it really mattered, he ignored Sakura or simply didn't allow her to show affection towards him.

Edited by DrK, 19 December 2017 - 03:16 PM.

#412 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

He's always doing stuff like that. First he made Sakura like Sasuke even more at the bench scene. Then when Sakura was about to fall on her own sword for him in the Chunin exams he prevents her from doing that. He leaves Konoha, returns and fails to respond to Sakura's flirting. He cuts off Sakura when the fate of a bijuu-less jinchuuriki is revealed and she's trying to tearfully explain that she cares about him. Then this scene happens. Then when Sakura offers to feed him he allows Sai to distract him and stops paying attention to Sakura. He doesn't react to Sakura's hug. Then during the fake confession he's harsh with her for no reason whatsoever. Then during the war arc he generally ignores Sakura. Then he failed to tell her about his feelings or even ask her why she did any of these things after the war ends and she claims to still love Sasuke.

Naruto likes to maintain the status quo. The image of Naruto walking with Sakura, happy and excited to be in her presence is almost ubiquitous. But whenever it really mattered, he ignored Sakura or simply didn't allow her to show affection towards him.

It really goes down to Naruto not loving himself enough to want to tell Sakura how he loves her, man. And that's the biggest damn shame about it all... he had an opportunity, but he was too blinded to be able to handle things really and his being blind to assume Sakura could only love Sasuke and not him. XP

#413 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:57 PM

Ino was with Sai, who is just like Sasuke. He can't feel anything. He's better because he never tried to hurt her, but he doesn't love Ino. It was made clear that he wasn't attracted to her. So she is doing the same thing as Sakura. Forcing herself on some emotionless and distant dude entirely based on looks.

It's not an excuse. Sai at least is there for Ino and goes out with her. That is one fact that is different even if a similar situation. And again, this is why this story sucks so hard. It is completely unrealistic in terms of how people really act. This is the point Miyazaki really tries to push. If you want people to take your characters seriously, you have to go out and view how real people act. You can have stories with characters that are over the top, but making them behave in ways that a good majority of the people don't act is downright bullcrap and it needs to stop.

No girl is that loyal to a guy who is never there for over 10 years. Hell, some of our own military boys lose their girlfriends after 6 months of deployment, but this guy wants me to believe that this girl is so loyal that she is willing to wait for eternity for him to come home? Not only is that highly unrealistic, but down right stupid. We also have the fact that even if this some how happens, it is even more unlikely that the friends of said girl wouldn't be telling her how messed up it is or her parents are so okay with it that they give no quarrels about it. It is ridiculous and downright too unrealistic for a story stand point.

The entire concept is so unrealistic that I am not even sure how people like it it at all, but then again people don't really accept it do they? Even the pro-enders make up their own rules and their own canon believing one thing even though the manga has another.

Their canon: "Sasuke and Sakura are so happy together. They spend so much time together and love each other from the bottom of their hearts:
Real canon: "Sasuke hasn't been home in over 15 years, doesn't care about Sakura or his kid, and couldn't care less about being home."

The one thing anti-enders do more than pro-enders....we actually accept the ending that actually exists even if we don't like. We are more aware of its existing while the pros fabricate it every chance they get. Ironic that we get accused of not reading the manga by people who don't read the manga.

It really goes down to Naruto not loving himself enough to want to tell Sakura how he loves her, man. And that's the biggest damn shame about it all... he had an opportunity, but he was too blinded to be able to handle things really and his being blind to assume Sakura could only love Sasuke and not him. XP

The worse part is when you realized he blinded himself. He blocked himself because of this stupid whining he had that "How can I do or be anything when I can't save Saskeeehh." Even Kiba lampshaded this telling Naruto that is HE who is whining about Sasuke and noone else really gives a crap.

That's another taletell sign right there. Kiba tells Naruto off and Naruto tells him to shut up. That is the entire core of Naruto's character right there. You have to listen to what Naruto says or shut up. And if you don't shut up, he will MAKE you shut up. Seeing how he has hax powers like Sasuke...he pretty much could do it.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 19 December 2017 - 06:16 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#414 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

Yeah, I'll do the fake failed confession next I guess. I think it's incredibly dumb, now.

On the point about not being realistic, Sakura deciding to be with Sasuke and stay with Sasuke goes beyond OOC I think. It makes the fact that she's a fictional character and not a real person so obvious that it's actually disorienting and nauseating to read. Like uncanny valley if you could apply that concept to a narrative.

Edited by DrK, 19 December 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#415 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, I'll do the fake failed confession next I guess. I think it's incredibly dumb, now.

On the point about not being realistic, Sakura deciding to be with Sasuke and stay with Sasuke goes beyond OOC I think. It makes the fact that she's a fictional character and not a real person so obvious that it's actually disorienting and nauseating to read. Like uncanny valley if you could apply that concept to a narrative.

Sure that is one of my favourite past times; picking apart that confession scene and trying to uncover the truths and lies about it 

#416 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

Sure that is one of my favourite past times; picking apart that confession scene and trying to uncover the truths and lies about it 

It is the longest standing debate of Intent vs Meaning when it comes to it. Kishimoto says his intent was one way, but everyone took it another way.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#417 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:43 AM

Kage Summit confession scene.

Naruto-Chapter4681_zpsa3c37020.png
Naruto-Chapter4691_zpsbe0cf973.png
Naruto-Chapter4692_zps2ef57277.png
Naruto-Chapter4693_zps94304081.png
Naruto-Chapter4694_zps682492ef.png
Naruto-Chapter4695_zpsd70b9ef1.png
Naruto-Chapter4696_zps15a847ef.png
Naruto-Chapter4697_zps41b1fd65.png
Naruto-Chapter4698_zps95287090.png
Naruto-Chapter4699_zps32a1dbd2.png
Naruto-Chapter46910_zps8550fad1.png
Naruto-Chapter46911_zps0f347e5a.png
Naruto-Chapter46912_zps29ad213a.png
Naruto-Chapter46913_zps78d01741.jpg
Naruto-Chapter46914_zps82b96a74.png
Naruto-Chapter4701_zps0eafe10d.png
Naruto-Chapter4702_zpsb7908c5b.png
Naruto-Chapter4703_zps74aee8c5.png
Naruto-Chapter4704_zps923303af.png
Naruto-Chapter4705_zps9071ffdd.png
Naruto-Chapter4706_zpse825c1b2.png
Naruto-Chapter4707_zps720d9432.png
Naruto-Chapter4708_zps35f1de91.png
Naruto-Chapter47010_zps548ecdb8.png
Naruto-Chapter47012_zpsfc39882a.png

What happens in this scene? Sakura finds Naruto and tellshim that she loves him. Naruto doesn't believe her because he has some trite flashbacks to when Sakura was 12 years old and acted like a garbage fire. He tells Sakura that he hates people who lie to themselves. Sakura gets angry, for some reason. Then Naruto says he's not trying to save Sasuke because of the promise of a lifetime. Sakura has no idea how to respond to this revelation that Naruto wasn't acting on her behalf and decides to just leave.

After this, she makes plans to try to kill Sasuke, something she would not have had to do if Naruto was a reasonable human being. Then Sai tells Naruto that Sakura is going to try to kill Sasuke because she loves Sasuke, as much sense as that makes. She ultimately failed to do this, apparently also because she loves Sasuke. So the love of Sasuke can both motivate murder attempts and prevent them from succeeding. Sort of like if Smokey the Bear encouraged you to also start your own forest fires.

Was Sakura telling the truth? If this story made any sense in the long run, I would have to say yes based on what happened before this. If you treat someone as the most important person to you and you're also attracted to them, then you love them. That is the closest thing to a definition of romantic love that you are even going to find.

However, it doesn't make any sense in the long run. The takeaway from this scene is that Sakura did still love Sasuke. Sai acting like a completely out of character mind reader is meant to tell us this. The question is did she also love Naruto? Well, yes, based on what happened before this.

Sakura, I guess, realized that being with Sasuke was an unrealistic and childish dream from her past that would never be realized. This belief is later reinforced by Sasuke trying to murder her, allowing her to be incinerated, torturing her with genjutsu, and telling her he has no reason to like her at all. It wasn't enough to dissuade her in the end, but I digress. She decides to be with Naruto because he means a lot to her and she has feelings for him as well. This is an entirely mature decision to come to. Naruto will not allow this. She has to hold on to an unrealistic attachment to Sasuke because that's what he's doing. He threatens her with his hatred if she doesn't do this. He even abandons the promise to accomplish this end. Because Sasuke is just too important.

The conversation goes basically as follows: Sakura states that she loves Naruto and the reasons why, in an attempt to convince him. Naruto tells her to stop messing around. He says he hates people who lie to themselves. Which basically means that he thinks Sakura is lying, and if she continues to try to convince him he will hate her for this act of lying to herself. So Sakura was forced to withdraw because she didn't want Naruto to hate her.

Sakura can't be allowed to choose her own destiny. She has to be just as stupid about Sasuke as he is.

So what does this mean for NaruSaku? It means nothing good. Naruto basically abandoned the POAL while simultaneously making it so that Sakura will never be able to feel good about telling him that she has feelings for him. Why the hell does Naruto do this?

Sakura never said she loved Sasuke in Naruto's presence. Naruto inferred it based on her outpouring of emotion in flashbacks. But whenever Sakura outpoured her emotions towards him instead, that's never been good enough in any of the many times she has done so. This is something that I feel gets overlooked. His rejection of her has no basis other than conjecture based on body language. But his entire perspective on Sakura's feelings towards Sasuke was based on body language. We the readers know that she said she loved Sasuke, but Naruto wasn't there when she said that. It's not like Sakura is still talking like that. She doesn't say anything about her feelings for Sasuke in Shippuden prior to this.

So how does Naruto even have a leg to stand on at all? I get why the readers don't believe Sakura, but it's not like Naruto has anything to compare it to. Her sheepish way of speaking was entirely typical of someone confessing something personal like that. So he has no f***ing basis to be that certain. The whole romance subplot and really the whole story went downhill after this point.

Sakura nearly got killed by Sasuke as a result of this. If Naruto agrees to go back to Konoha, Sakura doesn't attempt to kill Sasuke based on her great love for him.  So once again, Sakura was thinking about Naruto over Sasuke. Naruto didn't appreciate this fact and her life was nearly lost needlessly. It would have been a better outcome for her than what ultimately happened, though.

Did Naruto love Sakura at this point? Yes, but he decided to treat her like crap because she wanted to forget about Sasuke. Maybe it really was a rivalry.

Which of these makes a more respectable motivation? Trying to save Sasuke for the love of Haruno Sakura, or trying to save Sasuke out of your own selfish desire to control his life?

Did Sakura love Naruto at this point? This was when Kishimoto muddied the waters. So who knows?

Rating: 4. This scene makes the characters look horrible considering the ending. Well, Naruto already looked horrible even without the ending. But I guess Sakura was just lying because she didn't want to tell the truth about Sasuke being a missing ninja? Something that Naruto was 100% guaranteed to find out? And she did this right after saying she didn't want to make any more mistakes? What the hell.

Sakura's character cannot survive her being straight up deceptive here. She has to at least have feelings for both. But no, she wasn't conflicted at all at the end. Imagine how that would make her look in the eyes of everyone who was present. Kiba, Yamato, Lee and so on. She got with Sasuke and they're aware of this, so they now know that she was just coldly lying to Naruto who they all believed really did love her. Which is incredibly cruel. How can any of them even stand to be around her? And how can Sakura even live with herself? This was someone who would have done anything for her up to this point. Took on a lifelong burden for her as Sai puts it. And she had the unmitigated gall to ask to go with Sasuke after claiming to love Naruto and even getting angry over that being questioned. That's low.

JoCbzMP.png

You don't think lying to Naruto about this could be a pretty big mistake? He'll be devastated if he finds out. And he's 100% guaranteed to eventually find out that Sasuke was listed as a missing nin.

"The fool's in love with me... So let me do it. Let me lie to him."

Edited by DrK, 25 December 2017 - 12:04 AM.

#418 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

It also continues the trend of people just being completely unwilling to let go of the past and move on, letting it constantly influence their actions and choices in the present, which usually ends up having negative effects in the future.

Sakura was finally willing to let go of Sasuke and move on to Naruto based on the reality of things, showing her general trend, up to that point anyway, of growing up and maturing, but Naruto, being the naive, still immature idiot he CHOSE and STILL CHOOSES to be, just can't and refuses to understand this change since, initially, both he and Sakura were under the naive impression that they could simply bring Sasuke back and then everything would go right back to how they were before he left; restoring the status quo basically (which they both succeed at doing, sadly). It's almost like he believes that if HE HIMSELF is not the one to induce the change in a person in some way, then it MUST be fake or a lie.

2e5.gif

#419 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Sakura was finally willing to let go of Sasuke and move on to Naruto based on the reality of things, showing her general trend, up to that point anyway, of growing up and maturing.

Yeah, the tears she cried beforehand were for Naruto's great burden, but they were also for Sasuke. Because it was time to say goodbye to him. She wasn't really comfortable with this, but she was going to do it because it needed to be done even though it was sooner than she would like. That was why her confession seemed forced. This makes a lot more sense than her choosing to lie to Naruto just to avoid telling him that Sasuke was a criminal. She still loves Sasuke on some level, but she knows it can never be. But Naruto refuses to grow up and drags down Sakura, making everything toxic. Throw huge doubt over the NaruSaku ship. All to prolong some pairing war with NH which should have had NO chance in hell.

Edited by DrK, 20 December 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#420 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:34 PM

It also continues the trend of people just being completely unwilling to let go of the past and move on, letting it constantly influence their actions and choices in the present, which usually ends up having negative effects in the future.

Sakura was finally willing to let go of Sasuke and move on to Naruto based on the reality of things, showing her general trend, up to that point anyway, of growing up and maturing, but Naruto, being the naive, still immature idiot he CHOSE and STILL CHOOSES to be, just can't and refuses to understand this change since, initially, both he and Sakura were under the naive impression that they could simply bring Sasuke back and then everything would go right back to how they were before he left; restoring the status quo basically (which they both succeed at doing, sadly). It's almost like he believes that if HE HIMSELF is not the one to induce the change in a person in some way, then it MUST be fake or a lie.

It's pretty much a case of how Naruto is intended to be written coming into conflict with how he is actually written. He's supposed to grow into this compassion, empathetic character that other ninjas gather around. He can connect with his enemies and even help lead them out of the darkness, like Luke did for Vader or the "you're stronger than you think you are" scene from All Star Superman. He's supposed to go from the boy who wanted to be Hokage for the respect and recognition to a caring, selfless individual.

Then you get Naruto flipping out because people want Sasuke dead for all the things he's done. You get the revelation that his attraction to Sakura was just him trying to one-up Sasuke, something Sakura thought before she got to know him in a scene that painted her as a massive kitten in the eyes of the fandom. Naruto wanted Sasuke back because of his own desires. Even NaruHina fans repaint the situation of the Uzumaki home with Naruto looking at the troublemaker Boruto with an expression that says "that's my boy" rather than angrily yelling at him while telling him to endure his loneliness. Naruto is arguably just as selfish as he started the manga as, and I've even seen people say he only has empathy when he sees himself reflected in his foes. He doesn't put himself into other people's shoes, he only sees someone who has the same shoes as he does.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users