226 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

So because of the peace, the academy changed from a place where hopeful ninja's went rigorous training to more general schooling with the option of learning ninjutsu. So why wasn't Bolt already enrolled in this school before he turned twelve again?

So Bolt was suspended for his antics last episode. Bolt tries acting cool about everything. Shika tries chewing him out while Blond Sai watches from the classroom. Cue opening, seen it so skip.

Bolt enters the classroom trying to act cool while announcing himself, everyone just stares. OH GOD A GIRL THAT LOOKS LIKE HINATA! So apparently Hinata was on Bolt's case because of the suspension I guess. We see a mental image and...it is just Hinata looking over him doing school work while smiling. He freaks out over this!? Then again it is Hinata smiling, but at least you can't see her eyes then. Bolt forgot his text book and pesters Shika to share with him. Oh god! The hinata clone even sounds like hinata, and is friend with the Fat Filler and Salad. Hey turns out that Bolt and Salad have hanged out because their parents are friends. Which I guess means Hinata and Sakura set them up for a group dates when they were little. Salad is annoyed when people think they are childhood friend though. Ugh, "The Clone" (that's her nickname from now on) said "Hokage Naruto-Sama-Kun." Ugh.

...What is Blond Sai wearing overall with a hoodie? He is very and fairly blunt. What is with the Hinata Clone's design? Its all shades of purple. Imagine hinata's hair with spikier bangs, a long braid or two that good down to her hips at least, and a sailor uniform. I like Blond Sai. He chew Bolt out, calls him privilege, and says he isn't even worthy of his trust. God The Clone has a lot of lines.

So Bolt is the second best in class, Salad is third, and the character we haven't meet is first...Please tell me it is not the clone. Oh good its not. Wow the all kids designs are kitten. A Ha Ha Ha well they call him "the repeater, " and he failed the exams twice. He does have a nice hat but what is with the ropes? Naruto is the strongest hokage. Well he was suppose to be that but I don't believe it. Oh the war ended Ten years ago. Wait... two years from the war to the last...these kids are eight at best? The repeater is obsess with strength and goes on and on about it. Train Boy tries to stick up for him. Repeater continues to act like a generic shounen bully with a laughable belief so Bolt will have an easy moral and opponent to defeat at the end.

Shino is forgotten again. Are they in the chunin third test parliamentary area or is that just suppose to remind us of when this franchise was successful? They are putting too much focus on the clone for my liking or my ears. Does she have one long braid or two artist make up your mind!

Fight scene. So the guys is strong as fighter but book dumb which is why he was held back. Can we have him as our main character? And here is the speech that acts as a second wind while defeating his opponent's stupid value. Skipping. Everyone respect Bolt now even the repeater has changed his way.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 April 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

Coming back from watching S2 MHA, I feel like this series is missing something. Heart.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 12 April 2017 - 10:51 AM.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:02 AM

The girl you are talking about. She is a hinata clone 4life. I'm four minute in.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 April 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#4 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

Is there anything that makes this show worth watching?

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#5 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

The girl you are talking about. She is a hinata clone 4life. I'm four minute in.

Seriously...

Let me guess:

Boruto: "Oh I'm so hip and fresh that I will actually turn her love down because I'm not Naruto. I am so cool!"

It wouldn't surprise me...

Nostalgia~~~~~

Seriously, not really at the moment.

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Refresh in a bit I'm ten minute in and doing a summary on the first post. Oh the kids are seven yeas old apparently.

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

Done. Wow this was predictable. I fear that we already have the anime's Hinata. I didn't take long and I swear it feels like she to get more lines or screen time then even Bolt in this episodes. Since every time something happens we have to get her reaction.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 April 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:38 AM

It appears newcomers to Boruto already feel like they should have known better as in it's the same try and true formula that really doesn't stand out much. Well, time to watch.

#9 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

Guys, my wish has come true. Finally, a Hinata character that have the same looks, type of character, and likes Boruto  :P

So, where are the Hinata fans now going for shipping Boruto and her ? :P

What's her name by the way ?

Edited by T XD, 12 April 2017 - 11:47 AM.

#10 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

No, The Clone really does say, "Hokage-Naruto-Sama-Kun." I'm not making that up if anyone ask.

#11 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Not in the least this series is nothing but crap :down: . Those who watch it must be so bore that they probably have nothing better to do.

Edited by Gravenimage, 12 April 2017 - 11:42 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:50 AM

Guys doesn't knowing Bolt is already the best of his generation make him soo interesting?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 April 2017 - 11:50 AM.

#13 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

Guys, my wish has come true. Finally, a Hinata character that have the same looks, type of character, and likes Boruto  :P

So, where are the Hinata fans now going for shipping Boruto and her ? :P

What's her name by the way ?

I don't actually know... and I don't want to watch again to see if they ever said it.

They probably will. But to be honest. I actually think Hinata is actually more attractive then this girl. That's actually something I never thought I would say. I wish I could show you an image of her because I guess this is the animation departments dream girl. Thought compare to hinata her design is poorer and they don't animate her as well since everything seems to have the same level of quality.

I think that Salad is suppose to be the love interest. But apparently one of the people they didn't let go and replace is one of the people behind making hinata as big as she got in Naruto. Seeing as they seem to be trying again, even though that hasn't been working out for them.

Please tell me Boku no academy is on the same time as this.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 April 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#14 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

I don't actually know... and I don't want to watch again to see if they ever said it.

They probably will. But to be honest. I actually think Hinata is actually more attractive then this girl. That's actually I never thought I would say. I wish I could show you an image of her because I guess this is the animation departments dream girl. Thought compare to hinata her design is poorer and they don't animate her as well since everything seems to have the same level of quality.

I think that Salad is suppose to be the love interest. But apparently one of the people they didn't let go and replace is one of the people behind making hinata as big as she got in Naruto. Seeing as they seem to be trying again, even though that hasn't been working out for them.

Please tell me Boku no academy is on the same time as this.

Going by their sense, Hinata has to be the one for Naruto, so let it be for the other Hinata this time. They made that choice for Naruto which gives the same fairly for Boruto.

#15 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:17 PM

Going by their sense, Hinata has to be the one for Naruto, so let it be for the other Hinata this time. They made that choice for Naruto which gives the same fairly for Boruto.

I was kind of hoping with a new writer and director they wouldn't be falling for the same trap. Granted it will make some of the nH fans happy, but I'm pretty sure it will drive away all the other fans that were giving Boruto a shot. Let's just hope this means the anime will hopefully die quicker death then I was expecting.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 April 2017 - 12:18 PM.

#16 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:32 PM

Doing some spring cleaning at work, so I didn't get to finish it. So far, it's a bit dull...

#17 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

I was kind of hoping with a new writer and director they wouldn't be falling for the same trap. Granted it will make some of the nH fans happy, but I'm pretty sure it will drive away all the other fans that were giving Boruto a shot. Let's just hope this means the anime will hopefully die quicker death then I was expecting.

If they thought that way or didn't make changes later.

#18 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

I hope you're right.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#19 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

I finally saw it and it was dull all in all.

This is starting to feel like a generic starter anime for slice of life enthusiast. At the very least, crack a joke or two. Stop taking it so serious in a kid anime.

#20 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

I just got done watching the episode, and needless to say the animation I feel did downgrade in the episode compared to last week's episode. 

The fight itself between Boruto and Iwabe I personally thought was good, The ending to the fight while I did feel it was lacking.. I did kinda understand why the decision was made to.  

Iwabe to be was kinda interesting with his perspective on the ninja world. 

As far as Sarada is considered in this episode.. I feel it's foreshadowing for what's to come in the future as some of the comments from reddit pointed out: 

Probably anxious over Boruto imo - the person in charge of this put a lot of Boruto/Sarada stuff into the Boruto movie novelization so I would not be surprised if they tease that a lot in this series too. 

She a Tsundere and is obviously worried about Boruto, Chochou made that clear.

she's naturally worried about her husband :D

me: "the first two comments I can agree with.. the last one I won't comment until I see a legit moment. 

ChouChou was annoying here too, but not as annoying as she was in Gaiden.

Inojin was aight nothing too special. 

Am I the only one feeling like their turning Hinata into Chichi from Dragonball Z cause that's the vibe I'm getting so far.

This new girl Sumire reminded a little bit of Kosaki from Nisekoi then of Hinata, but Kosaki is still better by a long shot. For an introduction episode she's just okay at best.  Though it's actually kinda amusing looking into the comments on reddit about her: 

Sumire has the Hinata 2.0 vibe to me. And I'm ok with that because I loves me some Hinata. She's clearly crushing on Boruto. Will she succeed like Hinata did? Will the writer swerve us like "nah we're not repeating the same story!"? Stay tuned.

i.e the girl hard crushing on boruto will prob not end up with him too obvious.

Sumire seems to be the new Hinata except more outgoing and alot more bold at the age. She had alot of lines this ep and i can see shes gonna have a thing for Boruto soon, dont think shes gonna be as minor as people think. Remember before that Sarada and Chochou are the only 2 girls of their gen(3 if you count that sand girl but shes isnt of the leaf and Hima is still 2 young). I doubt they can carry the female aspect of this series by themselves hence the new characters. Expect a manga appreacen of Sumire and co soon tbh.

she seems way more outspoken, being the class rep and all. the younger hinata wouldn't dare to say one word in front of the class.

Nah, Hinata is much better

This is a completely new character. If you compare them both at the beginning of their series, they're pretty similar, except another difference is Sumire has a slightly bigger role, being class rep and all.

Sumire does not have a bigger role than her, she is just an extra that got added into the anime. Her clear purpose is to be the goody two shoes, nothing more and nothing less. Hinata became a character where people who worked with Kishimoto stated that she should had been a main character, I doubt Sumire will get that sort of support.

Sumire is kinda like another Hinata, except the only difference is she has actual lines instead of "Naruto-kun".

sumire is no doubt my best girl now. i love her anxious personality.

She's cute and class rep to boot, must be pretty impressive and reliable.

is more interesting if Sumire can do paper jutsu like Konan, same hair color xD need more Konan in action

I'm getting the vibe that students like Iwabe and Sumire will be nothing more than minor characters.

she just looks like a side character

she doesn't at all lmfao. You can see actual design and thought put into the character's appearance instead of 'let's stick em in clothes, give them some generic hair

She doesn't stand out at all dude

she will be a TenTen. Which I doubt considering they're making her a part of the trio with Sarada and Chocho. She's literally the Hinata parallel, like what the kitten how can't you see this just from how they've made her?

It's literally Hinata to an annoying level, like they've not made a new character, they've just changed Hinata's hair a bit.

She's not Hinata, she's the token teachers pet. She'll be here and there, but she won't be relevant.

Doesn't change the fact that she won't be relevant, having the byakugan was one of the main reasons Hinata was so relevant. She had motivation, she had a kekkei genkei. Goody two shoes has nothing but 1 dimensional tropes.

Her purple hair and overall design makes her stand out a lot.

Seems like the purple-haired girl is going to have the same kind of role Hinata had.

Sumire and Iwabe for ship.

I actually found that funny. 

I guess I'm not that surprised there'd be a debate amongst the fans on Sumire, but I didn't expect it to be this much. Guess they love Hinata so much that they can't accept a similar girl for Boruto... well except for a few people that comment. 

Anyway Iwabe and Boruto look like their buddies, and Sumire feeing embarassed after ChouChou calls her out ... okay i guess...

Overall I thought the episode was just okay.. again nothing too special has happened.  

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users