• This topic is locked This topic is locked
237 replies to this topic

#41 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

Page 8 of all the rookies pictured coming to his aid.

Sakura is shown by herself and in close up. And as others have stated her commentary is directly related to her promise to do it together next time.

conclusions gonna be explosive.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#42 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Chii @ Feb 8 2012, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, you guys. I literally did not want to write anything about this but it is actually painful to read some of the stuff here.

Stop grasping at straws. You're basically pulling what you hate what the NH shippers do. Hinata pretty much got a whole page dedicated to her inner thoughts and it looked like a foreshadow to me.

Yeah, it was a NaruHina moment with or without Naruto, ffffffffff. DEAL WITH IT.

That being said; it isn't over until it's over. Until Naruto tells Hinata he loves her too, nothing is canon.

K, I'm done.

There is no moment for any pairing, because there is no pair. It is the inner thoughts of the girls and the rest of the rookie 9 with all of them saying something about Naruto. Does this mean that every shipping possibility that has Naruto paired with gets a plus one in a "moment" category? Not at all.

See in order to have a moment, three things must be at the said scene.

1. Both parties are present in the same area of interaction

2. It is an emotional scene, whether by Naruto or by the other Sakura/Hinata with each other.

3. Must be an interaction whether through words OR physical contact or maybe both. (I just thought of something, Hinata has never really physically touched Naruto at all. I know he has felt her forehead, but I can't recall where she touched him. Go figure)

This scene shows none of what I define in the top three rules.

Also remember that Sakura also said that she will always be with Naruto too, so what does that foreshadow? Threesomes? There is nothing concrete here. If anything, the best thing I can see is Sakura's feelings change. She doesn't want to leave naruto ever again...so it could be a sign she has grown to love him more now and is not worried about Sasuke anymore. In that case, wouldn't that make this a NaruSaku moment or is everyone on both sides just pulling at straws again?

This back and forth of tug-o-war is unnerving. Who says this HAS to be a moment? Biased shippers who grasp at anything to make sure their pairing gets the canon? I am a NS fan, but even I know this is nothing and until they reach Naruto it means nothing. Just inner thoughts of each of the rookie 9.

Hinata Loves Naruto...yeah we know that.
Sakura won't leave Naruto ever again and won't betray him. She will stand by him no matter what. Again, a given.

So what did we learn? Nothing we didn't already know.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 08 February 2012 - 10:52 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#43 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Well, I agree with Chii.
This IS a major Naruhina moment...NH has ALWAYS been based one sided feelings on Hinata's part, as it is here, so why arguing whether this is a NH moment here?

Of course it does not mean that Narusaku is dead - Naruto Do Not Share Hinata's feelings, and that's crucial.

BUT I would not as well downplay Hinata's ROMANTIC feelings/declarations here. She said "I will HOLD your hand." In Naruto, such declarations is not to be underestimated!

#44 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Madz @ Feb 8 2012, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I agree with Chii.
This IS a major Naruhina moment...NH has ALWAYS been based one sided feelings on Hinata's part, as it is here, so why arguing whether this is a NH moment here?

Of course it does not mean that Narusaku is dead - Naruto Do Not Share Hinata's feelings, and that's crucial.

BUT I would not as well downplay Hinata's ROMANTIC feelings/declarations here. She said "I will HOLD your hand." In Naruto, such declarations is not to be underestimated!

Know is hard to ignore NH

#45 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Ok, then let me ask a question. What do you consider to be a Naruhina moment (in all the story uptil now)?

ALL "naruhina" moment has ALWAYS been a one sided thing consisting of Hinata's feelings ONLY! I am not disputing the fact that Naruto does not have feelings for Hinata.
But I find it really futile to deny that thsi IS a "naruhina" moment.
I put the "NH" in commas because in reality this had never been an actual pairing!

Edited by Madz, 08 February 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#46 forfayfen

forfayfen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Bless our beloved narusaku hearts when we possibly hear about another fangirl claiming her love for our yellow haired hero. I think everyone is taking this "naruhina" moment too seriously. I'm feeling Naruto is more or less her inspiration or goal to be a person who is as reliable as him. The holding hands part? That's to your discretion. I see nothing more than it. The Rookie 8 each had their own panels to describe their emotions for Naruto at that moment. Only Sakura and Hinata had pages to themselves. Hell, I'll claim a "narusaku" moment just because Sakura had pages to herself. When she said along the lines we'll be fighting this out together. Together? Really? They must be meant for each other. Let's see who'll Naruto go after first if Sakura or Hinata is badly injured in the coming chapters ahead.

It's good to come back once in a while
-- Mike
naruto-sakura-shippuuden-psp-wal-1.jpg

#47 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Madz @ Feb 8 2012, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, then let me ask a question. What do you consider to be a Naruhina moment (in all the story uptil now)?

ALL "naruhina" moment has ALWAYS been a one sided thing consisting of Hinata's feelings ONLY! I am not disputing the fact that Naruto does not have feelings for Hinata.
But I find it really futile to deny that thsi IS a "naruhina" moment.
I put the "NH" in commas because in reality this had never been an actual pairing!

I think you answered your own question. NaruHina never existed because the Naru part didn't develop throughout the manga. It has always been "Hinata" moment. That's her only main purpose in this manga. Same with SasuSaku. It has always been about Sakura having a crush on a teammate who has now gone bad and she now must deal with these feelings for a guy who is now evil. SS never existed. NaruSaku has been developed gradually since the first moment both of them interact. It is safe to say they now have some form of mutual feelings for each other. After reading the manga, only one pairing is justified. NaruHina will only begin when Naruto reciprocates Hinata's feelings directly.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#48 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

Comrades,

Great chapter, but we do need to give Kishi a chance -- he's trying to balance the fan service across all of Naruto's audience segments and pairing ships.

Both girls' declaration are portrayed the same in the panels, although Sakura is shown in the last panel, while Hinata is shown in the beginning:
1. Close up on the face.
2. Mental image about Naruto.
3. Final declaration.

Let's try to compare their statements and make our own interpretation:

Hinata's inner thoughts:
Naruto-kun...
I've always been chasing after you...
Even...now.
...But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...
Walking with you!
Wait for me!!

Sakura's inner thoughts:
Naruto... you saved Konoha...
And now you're trying to save the entire shinobi world...
You always get left with these insurmountable tasks
...But no matter what you say this time... We're going to be together...
Not just me...
We're going to all fight together this time.

Which one do you think focus more on Naruto's well-being? Which one do you think *truly* understand Naruto's state at the moment? Which one do you think is not self-centered?

I agree that Hinata's statement is not to be underestimated in Naruto world, but to be fair, we should not also underplay Sakura's statement as well. We've had something like this before -- Hinata saying 'I love you' point blank in front of Naruto during Pein's attack. But surprisingly, such momentum ends with Sakura hugging Naruto (also point blank, Naruto, Sakura and Hinata was there...). As everyone stated above, I think to be fair, a moment should be considered as pairing moment, be it NS/SS/NH, if and only if both parties are involved. ---- Do you think the hug is a NS moment? Hell yeah! tongue.gif

Although Sakura's statement is not fully decorated with romantic tones as Hinata's, if you see the intend towards Naruto's well-being, I'd say Sakura's has so much more weight. Let's face it, from the beginning of the manga, Sakura's action speaks louder than her thoughts/words (she jumped to cover Naruto on their first mission, POAL, cried when she learned about jinchuuriki, ran towards Naruto in KN4, called Naruto to come back during Pein's attack, etc). She's just.. well.. 'unsure' where her heart belongs to, I guess smile.gif

So, to wrap up. I think we should not be too worked out with this chapter, or any other chapters that seem to highlight other pairings. NaruSaku hints are always subtle... Just enjoy the ride and keep on supporting this pairing smile.gif

Edited by Namaenash, 08 February 2012 - 02:11 PM.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#49 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Are they all heading towards Naruto?

Oh no, this is bad...how are Bee and Naruto supposed to fight at they're full potential with these clowns heading towards the field?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#50 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

WHERE is Itachi? I know that I shouldn't be hoping that the main character would switch to him (though one can only dream) hm.png BUT...I would have at least liked a panel to check in on him.

Oh and as for this whole NH vs. NS stuff I have one word to say that describes my feelings about this chapter....meh. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#51 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Feb 8 2012, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hinata's inner thoughts:
Naruto-kun...
Even...now.
Walking with you!
Wait for me!!

Sakura's inner thoughts:
Not just me...

My inner evil Tobi fu.png has decided to comment on their inner thoughts:
-Hinata- Wait Naruto. Stop saving the world, so Hinata will have a chance to catch up and walk with Naruto.
-Sakura- Already been there, done that. (Naruto... Naruto's well being) Been at Naruto's side many, many times, but coming back again.

That's only slightly biased, right? th_twitchsmile.gif

I did like Choji's thoughts: "The joke used to be that I was fat and you were stupid. Look how we've changed. Now I'm slim, and you are only slightly stupid." th_tongue.gif
Nice to see his classmates are not hero-worshipping Naruto (with one exception) like they used to do with Sasuke.

#52 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Feb 8 2012, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hinata's inner thoughts:
Naruto-kun...
Even...now.
Walking with you!
Wait for me!!

Sakura's inner thoughts:
Not just me...

Which one do you think focus more on Naruto's well-being? Which one do you think *truly* understand Naruto's state at the moment? Which one do you think is not self-centered?

I agree that Hinata's statement is not to be underestimated in Naruto world, but to be fair, we should not also underplay Sakura's statement as well. We've had something like this before -- Hinata saying 'I love you' point blank in front of Naruto during Pein's attack. But surprisingly, such momentum ends with Sakura hugging Naruto (also point blank, Naruto, Sakura and Hinata was there...).

Good points all.

I tend to think like Madz and Kim: yeah, this was meant as a NH moment. The language is so specific and personal. Hold your hand.... Wait for me.... She's not saying she'll stand by his side and face the future. She's thinking of him romantically. And that's ok.

However, this has set the Hinata-character-development-o-meter back to zero! She's still the same, pursuing her own goals through Naruto. She has not reached a parallel love yet.

Sakura, by contrast, has achieved a parallel love. Naruto never questioned the length and breadth of Sakura's love when he pursued Sasuke for her. He did it because he loved her and he wanted to see her happy. Her goals were his goals. It's the same here: Sakura is no longer questioning his love. She loves him. She knows it now. His goals are her goals. She's going to do this for him and for the goals that they share (love of Konoha), and she's wants everyone to support him. (Mirroring Naruto's move to bring Sasuke back and doing it as a unit. Not by himself.)

Oh yeah, and I agree with ciardha's post a few pages back: Sakura definitely is following the model of love relationships put forth in the manga. Strong women who support their men in partnering roles. There simply is not a model for Hinata's kind of love. There is no "shy, long-suffering girl finally wins the guys attention" type of storyline. Even in the anime. The women are all powerful in their own right. So Hinata is set up as the foil.

Remember, friends: If you think this is bad...wait until the inevitable SS resurrection. It will happen. Believe it. Just like with these little NH flutters, there is bound to be some references to SS, either from Sakura or those around her.

Ok, no more pairing. About the chapter: I'm getting a little frustrated with Madara standing around and watching. The hint of him looking nervous. He's gotten this far, where's his plan? Naruto's just standing in front of him powering up. C'mon! Go for him! Now's your chance!

Love that Kishimoto is a visual storyteller. Sometimes it really stands out. The contrast between the running ninjas, the black clothes and the streaked faces, is so sharp between the visual silence of the open mud flat. And that image is repeated and repeated, giving the reader a break and a buildup. You can almost hear the rain as you're reading it, can't you? And it takes a few panels to realize that there is one set of footprints, not many. And by the time you do, there is a dark figure on the horizon. Then to be followed by what has to be the creepiest picture yet of evil Sasuke.... Kishimoto is really looking forward to this!

I wonder where we will go from here. Will everyone show up for a battle royal, or is this a red herring? Is this a way to check in on everyone, one last time, before the fight gets isolated. The words at the end about Sasuke said nothing about him joining the fray, just that carnage was about to happen. Very overt. So I'm wondering if this isn't going to be a bait-and-switch. We're expecting one thing and we get something entirely different.

#53 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Feb 8 2012, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you answered your own question. NaruHina never existed because the Naru part didn't develop throughout the manga. It has always been "Hinata" moment. That's her only main purpose in this manga. Same with SasuSaku. It has always been about Sakura having a crush on a teammate who has now gone bad and she now must deal with these feelings for a guy who is now evil. SS never existed. NaruSaku has been developed gradually since the first moment both of them interact. It is safe to say they now have some form of mutual feelings for each other. After reading the manga, only one pairing is justified. NaruHina will only begin when Naruto reciprocates Hinata's feelings directly.

Darth Krypt:
EXACTLY.
REAL naruhina do not exist.
All NH moment that exist IS only one sided - same as it has been in this chapter.
That's why I have no compunction in calling this a NH moment!

#54 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Feb 8 2012, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good points all.

I tend to think like Madz and Kim: yeah, this was meant as a NH moment. The language is so specific and personal. Hold your hand.... Wait for me.... She's not saying she'll stand by his side and face the future. She's thinking of him romantically. And that's ok.

However, this has set the Hinata-character-development-o-meter back to zero! She's still the same, pursuing her own goals through Naruto. She has not reached a parallel love yet.

Sakura, by contrast, has achieved a parallel love. Naruto never questioned the length and breadth of Sakura's love when he pursued Sasuke for her. He did it because he loved her and he wanted to see her happy. Her goals were his goals. It's the same here: Sakura is no longer questioning his love. She loves him. She knows it now. His goals are her goals. She's going to do this for him and for the goals that they share (love of Konoha), and she's wants everyone to support him. (Mirroring Naruto's move to bring Sasuke back and doing it as a unit. Not by himself.)

Oh yeah, and I agree with ciardha's post a few pages back: Sakura definitely is following the model of love relationships put forth in the manga. Strong women who support their men in partnering roles. There simply is not a model for Hinata's kind of love. There is no "shy, long-suffering girl finally wins the guys attention" type of storyline. Even in the anime. The women are all powerful in their own right. So Hinata is set up as the foil.

Remember, friends: If you think this is bad...wait until the inevitable SS resurrection. It will happen. Believe it. Just like with these little NH flutters, there is bound to be some references to SS, either from Sakura or those around her.

Ok, no more pairing. About the chapter: I'm getting a little frustrated with Madara standing around and watching. The hint of him looking nervous. He's gotten this far, where's his plan? Naruto's just standing in front of him powering up. C'mon! Go for him! Now's your chance!

Love that Kishimoto is a visual storyteller. Sometimes it really stands out. The contrast between the running ninjas, the black clothes and the streaked faces, is so sharp between the visual silence of the open mud flat. And that image is repeated and repeated, giving the reader a break and a buildup. You can almost hear the rain as you're reading it, can't you? And it takes a few panels to realize that there is one set of footprints, not many. And by the time you do, there is a dark figure on the horizon. Then to be followed by what has to be the creepiest picture yet of evil Sasuke.... Kishimoto is really looking forward to this!

I wonder where we will go from here. Will everyone show up for a battle royal, or is this a red herring? Is this a way to check in on everyone, one last time, before the fight gets isolated. The words at the end about Sasuke said nothing about him joining the fray, just that carnage was about to happen. Very overt. So I'm wondering if this isn't going to be a bait-and-switch. We're expecting one thing and we get something entirely different.

Awesome post tricksie. But I'm starting to get a bad feeling that Sasuke might show up to face the rookies before they get the chance to get to Naruto and they might get seriously hurt in the process. unsure.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#55 Inori

Inori

The Slayer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Great chapter... the Hinata part kinda pissed me off but after reading a few posts here I've calmed down.. I love the Sakura part... I agree with someone saying a few posts back that she now has no doubts about her feelings for Naruto smile.gif and will forever be by his side.. ;] ohh and wow Sasuke showed up.. finally biggrin.gif I've been waiting for him biggrin.gif he looks badass biggrin.gif I can't wait for next week's chapter <3

Edited by Inori, 08 February 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#56 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

@reddelish - that line about chouji being slim and Naruto being slightly-less stupid was so funny!

thanks graven-chan! wink.gif

Just remembered a few things!

Everytime they talk about Naruto's massive chakra, I can't help but thinking about Sakura's touted skill chakra control. It's been praised more than anything else, with several people saying she outranks Tsunade. So I can't help but wonder if somehow Sakura's skill will become crucial in the end. Directing his chakra; or aiding in sealing or preventing a seal; or retracting the bijuu if it gets pulled out and Naruto is completely weakened.

Another thing, and I know it's in the anime so it's not canon, I keep thinking what Minato said to Kushina about not coming to her because he knew she could defend herself. She thought he was ignoring her, and he knew she could stand on her own. I keep thinking this is some foreshadowing of Naruto and Sakura's characters. And remember Naruto's words when he smashed the guy in front of the medic tent — Well howdy there missy. Yer lookin' maghty fine. *ahem...paraphrasing* Anyway, Naruto's cute and cheeky and making light of a scary situation. He knows Sakura can handle it, basically. But with Hinata, you get the feeling that she really needed help!

#57 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 8 2012, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? I didn't notice that ill look again. where did you notice it?

the way she said she's going to stop chasing him

#58 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Good chapter.

And I'm not worried about the Hinata speech, since she sounds like she's always been. It feels more like she is just talking about being able to reach him and that's fine since he has always been her goal, whether she'll be romantically involved with him or not.

I really enjoyed Sakura's speech and about being together. Similar to Hinata's, except that she's thinking of Naruto's well being and how he's always shouldering these burdens. Sakura wants to help him with those and I find it very sweet. smile.gif

And we see another panel of Sasuke, looking mighty evil. The showdown with him might be coming soon. Looking forward to it.

Also just to remind people to not worry about what NH fans say or think. We don't want to talk about them here. Just a reminder about no bashing, basically. wink.gif

#59 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

^^ Here, here Ani!!! Good chapter and as always, let's see how it all plays out in the later chapters.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#60 rheianns

rheianns

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

My mind was a bit twisted when I saw Hinata's mini LINE. smile.gif) But it seemed like it overpowered Sakura's. I still hope Kishi-san will let Naruto live with Sakura in the end. :')

Mangastream - Naruto 573

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users