3096 replies to this topic

#3001 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:46 AM

Look at Mimosa from Black Clover. Many people associated her with Hinata. Yet beside a crush on MC, they literately have nothing in common! Hinata had potential at the start of the series. But she was almost immediately ruined by making her a satellite character.

Or look at Cordelia from Fire Emblem Awakening. She has a massive crush on Chrom but can not speak to him. As a result, she is not one of Lucina's potential mothers even losing to Olivia (who joins the chapter before the timeskip where Lucina is born) or a random villager. And trust me, when a major part of her supports revolves around her crush on Chrom it's freaking hard for players not to have problems with her. NEVER PAIR HER WITH FREDERICK even if it results in a great Severa. While she's popular, a lot of players prefer it when her supports focus on the other parts of her character (Robin's is pretty much her best IMO) rather than just her crush on Chrom, They don't find it cute at all.

Then there's Sumia, who the game pushes like she is the OTP for Chrom. She's cute and clumsy, with a crush on Chrom as well. They appear together in the OP holding a baby Lucina, and they have a movie called lovebirds where she rescues him. That alone pushes her above Hinata, not to mention that while she might trip in front of Chrom she can actually speak to him. And her idea of a slap involves forgetting it's open-handed. And she loves to read, even acting out the characters she wants to be like from her books (which explains Cynthia's antics... and maybe Owain's depending on how close she was to Lissa's family, Though in her romantic support with Robin, she admits she's just doing so to run away from what she doesn't like about herself), and does flower fortunes (where she says she'll fight for the fortunes she likes and fight to change the ones she doesn't). She's good with animals, though cows annoy her,. And if you don't want her to be Chrom's wife, she doesn't have to be. There's depth to her character, way more than her liking Chrom.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#3002 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:21 PM

The point is a shy and clumsy type of girl can be a GREAT CHARACTER if done right and you don't just define them if they only have a crush on someone or you don't let their timid and awkward nature solely define them. Hinata was an irrelevant character because she was not even given the time of day to develop as a character and she has no goals or motivations besides "wetting herself thinking of her strong manly Naruto-kun". That never changed and SP's attempts to make her like Sakura personality wise in the "Boruto anime" is both hypocritical, and basically admits Naruto was better off with a stern, strong willed wife wife to begin with, so Hinata was NOT compatible with Naruto then.  

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 March 2019 - 05:11 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3003 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:13 PM

The point is a shy and clumsy type of girl can be a GREAT CHARACTER if done right and you don't just define them if they only have a crush on someone or you don't let their timid and awkward nature solely define them. Hinata was an irrelevant character because she was not even given the time of day to develop as a character and she has no goals or motivations besides "wetting herself thinking of her strong manly Naruto-kun". That never changed and SP's attempts to make her like Sakura personality wise in the "Boruto anime" is both hypocritical, and basically admits Naruto was better off with a stern, strong willed wife wife to begin with, so Hinata was NOT compatible with Naruto then.  

Precisely :) There's tons of anime where a shy moe girl can tend to become so much better, but Studio Pierrot didn't care. Hell, at least even for how they are they got a team on Black Clover that isn't trying to super hardcore push Mimosa with Asta and rather just let things go as the manga does. But apparently something aboit Naruto made them lose their **** and that's how they continue to be hypocrites, morons, AND dinosaurs over it.

#3004 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:18 PM

That is true, although admittedly that new ending was PRETTY fan service-y regarding Mimosa and then there is the fact that he smacked into Asta chest first a few months ago in the manga. :twitch:  Sooooooo........ yeah

#3005 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:29 AM

Is it sad that with the latest episodes of Boruto we are getting more fights scenes with jugo than we ever did in part 2?

#3006 totherpage95

totherpage95

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:28 PM

Is it sad that with the latest episodes of Boruto we are getting more fights scenes with jugo than we ever did in part 2?

Sasuke would have died without jugo so why is jugo not near Sasuke if Sasuke kept him calm

#3007 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:52 PM

Sasuke would have died without jugo so why is jugo not near Sasuke if Sasuke kept him calm

Stupid convenience to make sure Sasuke HAS to "be" with Sakura, even if Karin is Sarada's biological mother.

#3008 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,201 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:11 PM

Stupid convenience to make sure Sasuke HAS to "be" with Sakura, even if Karin is Sarada's biological mother.

I said before and I said it again, it was done on purpose: to make sure Sasuke is more than a foot away from Karin and Taka because it will guarantee questioning for everyone: SP, editors, higher ups who was in the bandwagon of Project New Generation.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3009 totherpage95

totherpage95

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:12 PM

Screenshot-48.png

boruto.jpg

lol seems like a great show with few story issues

#3010 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:17 PM

Because Naruto never did anything with Sasuke's team. That was such a useless plot point.

#3011 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:46 PM

actually alot of the rabid sakura haters are also the rabid misty haters.

I like Cynthia in Pokémon better than misty.

#3012 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:14 PM

I like Cynthia in Pokémon better than misty.

Serena is best girl. XD

Though, one thing about Misty's fanbase is because she's original/first girl, that mean she's the best.

#3013 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 27 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

Because Naruto never did anything with Sasuke's team. That was such a useless plot point.

Yeah it's disappointing we never got any interactions between team Kakashi and taka

That's a good point, Jugo is like his bodygaurd in a sense

#3014 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:22 PM

Serena is best girl. XD

Though, one thing about Misty's fanbase is because she's original/first girl, that mean she's the best.

Everyone has a preference my generation 1 girl is Sabrina from the games. Misty was my favorite til I saw Cynthia then she took top place.

#3015 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:07 PM

So is Boruto finally dead? I mean the series, can this nightmare finally end? BTW since I haven't read the manga (and never will) I want to confirm is Sarada Sakura's daughter or Karin's?

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3016 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:43 PM

Exactly, but nothing of the sort was ever incorporated so that is why the story fell flat on its own  "now ugly @$$ face"

Thats the thing. Then whole story is just a series of missed oppurtunities.

#3017 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:27 AM

Thats the thing. Then whole story is just a series of missed oppurtunities.

You mean Boruto is a missed opportunity ?

I think Boruto is a fatal/rotten mistake made by a bunch of greedy judas.

Naruto ? that is true is a series of missed opportunity , but Boruto ?? that is already wrong from the beginning they show off adult boruto stand off against kawaki on a burning ravage konoha , they think it's cool.

From what i read on google , a manga that did this usually afraid that their manga didn't sell. So they show off the future , start with a big bang of fireworks to attract customers , and then goes back to the past or calm down the pace once they think they got hook the customers. Naruto did this at first but only with narrative , "Long ago there was a nine tail demon fox bla bla bla and then the fourth hokage seal it in a baby". Black Clover also did this , there was a demon causing havoc and chaos and then first wizard king appear and defeat the demon at cost of his own life (they put this scene in EVERY episode it really makes wanna threw up, about 3-5 minute out of 20 minute excluding opening/ending and small recap wasted , i finally drop the anime). There were others , i wanna say One Punch man also did this from the first chapter until king boros or whatever that alien name came , and then suddenly Saitama become back seat , he rarely makes an appearance i don't even know that manga anymore who is the main character who is the side character. In OPM case i feel like Saitama is just a clown ... a mascot that they put in front of the gate in theme park to attract costumers to come in but once the customers are in , they won't see him anymore. Sorry bit off topic , i personally hate when shonen manga do this.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#3018 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:51 AM

Serena is best girl. XD

no, its because she's one of his strongest, best written companions who he traveled with the longest and helped him become such a good trainer instead of one that throws a rock at a spearow, plus she's liked for sharing a similar dream, water pokemon master, has a gyarados, is a gym leader, and her motherly bond with togepi and azuril. she's still my favorite. serena wasn't as good as she could of been, in my opinion her and iris were the worst of the female companions and their game counterparts were better. dawn and may were awesome. I'm okay with the sun and moon companions, though I'm still not a big fan of alola and the whole island trials thing, still prefer gyms.

Edited by ultranx, 01 April 2019 - 06:57 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#3019 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 05:15 PM

*Ahem* Well moving back on track. episode 100 just came out. I don't really care about that actually, I just want to not derail the tread more than it already has

#3020 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:40 PM

*Ahem* Well moving back on track. episode 100 just came out. I don't really care about that actually, I just want to not derail the tread more than it already has

no worries xD just wanted to add my 2 cents. hope everyone's been doing well btw.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Naruto, Boruto, anime, Next Generation, Studio Pierriot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users