• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#41 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Oy. So this day has finally come. I never thought I would see the day that the forum might be considered shut down because members are getting too out-of-line with their content, even to the extend of attacking a respectable mod? Really? Really?

These people have given a good amount of free time and resources with very little reward other than seeing the satisfaction that the members that come here are pretty enjoyable to read their posts with and we failed them in that front more often than not. I don't know what can be done, maybe just to keep reiterating on the whole purpose of the forum and not lose sight of that. I do not mind Nh or Ss fans here, now, as much as I have when I first started here. If anyone could always find common ground to talk about, why should either side, inadvertently, do their best to push the other ones away, just on a matter of basis alone?

This has been a great forum to be in during these last two years, though I haven't posted much due to school and dealing with personal relationships. It is just a huge shame that people have to force the moderators' hand to think about closing the forum down for a few days. If people just posts and send content that is suitable and build good relationships, then this forum can stick around for the good times to come. Should be easier said and done but, recent times, may find it hard to do that which cause the forum to might shut down. Hopefully, that will not be the case.

With that, I leave you with this song, if nothing I said above made sense, but this song might (since I'm somewhat good at picking songs that fits a current mood or what a mood should be).

Edited by Anguyen92, 28 April 2013 - 10:40 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#42 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 28 2013, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Slextrem, who is this "you" that you are quoting and talking about?

Because it sounds to me like you have a particular issue with a particular user. And it's a bit unfair to dissect one user's posts in a community building thread, then act like it's the number one problem and that it's a problem everyone shares.

I think if you are going to quote a user, then you need to put their name up here. And if you say you don't want to because it could lead to bashing, then you need to present the issue, and the issue only, that you want to see changed, isolated away from a particular user, then address it in a way the rest of us can talk about. That's the only way to be fair.

You're misunderstanding. I wasn't referring to anyone specifically - just the general public. "You" doesn't have to represent one person, and I in no way, was trying to single anyone out. If it came off any differently to you, I'm sorry. I should have looked for examples from more than one person, so that it didn't look like I was singling someone out, but I was running late this morning and just wanted to get my post up.

You are right though. I shouldn't quote other people on a thread like this... I wasn't really thinking about that. I thought leaving out the name was good enough, but you're right, so I apologize.

#43 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

It's a shame that there has been enough negativity from a few to have locking the whole forum. This is a good place, and the mods have always taken care of it to keep it from becoming something unwelcoming.

I would like to ask that the mods reconsider locking the whole forum, visit other topics and sections of the forum and there are still positive things to see. A lot of nice, civil discussions going on, some minor debating, but nothing with any sort of malice.

When it comes to the main problem area, which I'm guessing is the "Naruto" section, I think a lot of people just need to cool off a bit. Just because a naruhina fan disagrees with you, or if there is a member who disagrees with you on a certain chapter, try not to get upset and start a shouting contest. Just relax, grab a cool drink and just agree to disagree. Everyone has their own opinions, share those opinions and why you have them, but don't start a big fight just because they are different. And if an individual happens to be really aggressive and breaks rules, contact a mod and share your thoughts.

Replace the negativity with positivity. smile.gif

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#44 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ Apr 28 2013, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a shame that there has been enough negativity from a few to have locking the whole forum. This is a good place, and the mods have always taken care of it to keep it from becoming something unwelcoming.

I would like to ask that the mods reconsider locking the whole forum, visit other topics and sections of the forum and there are still positive things to see. A lot of nice, civil discussions going on, some minor debating, but nothing with any sort of malice.

When it comes to the main problem area, which I'm guessing is the "Naruto" section, I think a lot of people just need to cool off a bit. Just because a naruhina fan disagrees with you, or if there is a member who disagrees with you on a certain chapter, try not to get upset and start a shouting contest. Just relax, grab a cool drink and just agree to disagree. Everyone has their own opinions, share those opinions and why you have them, but don't start a big fight just because they are different. And if an individual happens to be really aggressive and breaks rules, contact a mod and share your thoughts.

Replace the negativity with positivity. smile.gif

Being honest i really fail to see who's being right on the whole story, the whole "locking down the forum" will just give the impression that the mods view the users as a bunch of kids and the whole "So much negativity" it's a problem with people who cant just ignore, people feel like they are forced to reply if they dont agree.
I seriously would hate this forum if mods would start molding content, the whole problem is with users who are complaining about this a message for them is "Agree to Disagree and move on" it's a common rule here that few people follow.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 28 April 2013 - 11:48 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#45 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

In short, no one wins.

#46 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

Well H&E, thanks for letting me meet a few friends here. If the site goes down, the site goes down.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#47 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

I feel like I owe everyone an apology for my post this morning. I didn't think it would lead to such a commotion on here. I thought I was helping to find a solution to this issue we seem to be having, but it doesn't look like I did any good today. sad.gif

I'd like to make it clear that I don't feel the same way as Kadardi regarding Tricksie and the other mods & admins. I think she's a wonderful moderator and she had every right to criticize what I said.

It came off like I was singling someone out, and for that, I'm terribly sorry. That wasn't my intention at all. It was the first post that came to mind to use as an example, and I left out the username specifically because I didn't want to single the user out. I realize now that I should have left out the quotes entirely. Tricksie is right. It's better to just bring up the issue without pointing fingers at other people.

I wish I had thought of that while making my post. I was in a rush and the thought never crossed my mind...

I feel terrible.

#48 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Apr 28 2013, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In short, no one wins.

This is scary! arg.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#49 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 28 2013, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And you know what and this is to EVERYONE, James is *not* a martyr. The Mods/Admins are NOT trying to 'target' anyone. And ALL of this bullsh** has infuriated me so much my hands are shaking as I try to type all this. Half of you are coming off as such ungrateful BRATS, who have absolutely NO clear appreciation for when you have something damn good.

So, here is my recommendation.

I'm going to ask Smiter to lock the forum for a few days.

Yes, that's the ENTIRE forum.

Most people don't realize how damn good they have something until it's taken away. You'll all most likely hear from Smiter himself soon enough. And for the few good, decent, civil-acting members we have left, pray that for you he'll decide to keep the forum going. Because if it was up to me, today would the LAST day *anyone* would be allowed on for a good...long...time.

Ok, I was really gonna just try to ignore everything that was happening here in the forum thinking we were just having one of those bad days and people would simply move on over time. But after this no more, I simply need to give a piece of my mind. I understand some people are being ignorant and giving a hard time here, I understand it gets frustrating, but how many of those were doing that? 10, 15 people? And now the entire forum will be closed down for who knows how long? We have over 8.000 members registered, with at least a decent portion of them having active membership. And now all of them are going to pay for the mistake of a few selected members?

Someone I would call a BRAT here is YOU Sakura, yes, I said it. Instead of doing a mod job, that is to think about the good of the forum as a whole and give the punishiment for the members who are causing trouble and leave the members who are behaving alone you instead decide on your damn own to screw everyone here by wanting the forum to be closed. To me this goes far from being mature, and I sure any other mods would at least try to find an more sensible path of actions. You are disappointed with some members and I am disappointed with you. I hope Smiter think this over better then you, because he is someone that think about everyone when he makes a decision, and I am sure glad that he is in charge and not you.

This is a forum with many people I like, that I respect, and even admire, and I sure as hell don't want it end like this. There are wonderful members here that don't deserve this to be done to them, that just want to discuss diferent things with their friends and have their fun. So Sakura, you can hate me all you want, get pissed to me all you want, do whatever you want to me, but I won't stand idly by while you screw the members like this, I sure as hell will not.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#50 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

I'm not exactly sure what more can be asked of the mods, if you are bothered by the "negativity" of an opposing opinion, skim over them, leave the debate thread, do something else for a while. If it's bashing or trolling that's bothering you, they already look out for that. It's a shame if the forum gets a temp lock over something so trivial.
\

#51 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

I predict that this thread will soon be closed.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#52 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

I think people are freaking out a bit too quickly over this site shutdown. We're not shutting down the forum. What Shauna mentioned was that it was what she would do and even then it wouldn't be permanent.

I just want to throw my two cents in before this thread gets closed.

If you read the rules and follow them, you should be fine. It has always been this way. We hardly ever had problems in the past with this sort of issue and even when there was a problem, the mods had been lenient. Our process of permanently banning a member even now is very lenient. You have plenty of chances to get your act together and start following the rules.

But over recent years, a lot of the newer members don't bother reading the rules. This has caused a lot of problems and with the addition of trolls, only makes things worse and get out of hand at times. We want people to get along with each other and the mods have done their best to keep it that way.

Please, just follow the rules. They aren't hard, I promise. Keep an open mind when it comes to opinions you don't agree with. Try not to instigate people and treat them with respect. Be careful how you type out your response so that people don't misinterpret it. This should be a fun experience, not a miserable one. We all have to do our part to keep it that way.

#53 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Apr 28 2013, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not exactly sure what more can be asked of the mods, if you are bothered by the "negativity" of an opposing opinion, skim over them, leave the debate thread, do something else for a while. If it's bashing or trolling that's bothering you, they already look out for that. It's a shame if the forum gets a temp lock over something so trivial.

That's what I always do, skim over the more 'negative' posts. Sure, I like to snark at the fact that I feel like Kishi's writing has gone down in terms of quality, but it shouldn't really be the only thing mentioned in a chapter thread posts. Go find panels in the chapter that are interesting, funny, or weird.

I posted 2 pages from the recent chapter and commented on how cool they are (the page where it's looking down on a determined Naruto in his Kyuubi mode and the last page where Juubi unleashes its full wrath in an image so apocalyptic, I actually got chills).

Speculate on how the events on the current chapter will affect the future chapters.

...And don't be so disappointed if what was speculated, didn't occur in the future chapters (Sakura's appearance being a BIG one).

One of the main issues about the whole 'negativity' thing is that several people perpetuate it by repeatedly responding to whoever started the 'negativity' in the thread in the first place. I don't think I'm exaggerating if I say that it snowballs to 2-3+ pages of various people responding to the same post and getting even more people angry about it.

There's always more to say about a chapter than the quality of Kishi's writing.

#54 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Apr 28 2013, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I was really gonna just try to ignore everything that was happening here in the forum thinking we were just having one of those bad days and people would simply move on over time. But after this no more, I simply need to give a piece of my mind. I understand some people are being ignorant and giving a hard time here, I understand it gets frustrating, but how many of those were doing that? 10, 15 people? And now the entire forum will be closed down for who knows how long? We have over 8.000 members registered, with at least a decent portion of them having active membership. And now all of them are going to pay for the mistake of a few selected members?

Someone I would call a BRAT here is YOU Sakura, yes, I said it. Instead of doing a mod job, that is to think about the good of the forum as a whole and give the punishiment for the members who are causing trouble and leave the members who are behaving alone you instead decide on your damn own to screw everyone here by wanting the forum to be closed. To me this goes far from being mature, and I sure any other mods would at least try to find an more sensible path of actions. You are disappointed with some members and I am disappointed with you. I hope Smiter think this over better then you, because he is someone that think about everyone when he makes a decision, and I am sure glad that he is in charge and not you.

This is a forum with many people I like, that I respect, and even admire, and I sure as hell don't want it end like this. There are wonderful members here that don't deserve this to be done to them, that just want to discuss diferent things with their friends and have their fun. So Sakura, you can hate me all you want, get pissed to me all you want, do whatever you want to me, but I won't stand idly by while you screw the members like this, I sure as hell will not.

So, Tricksie has been verbally attacked, you're now onto me, I even saw Nate's name get dragged through the mud there a little bit. Want to go after anyone else?

Anyone? I'm asking everyone here now. Any other Mod/Admin you all want to air your grievances against?

If you *seriously* think I give two hoots what you now 'think of me' alexander, you have another thing coming. You try doing this job that I have been doing for this forum for almost a decade, and then come dare try to call *me* the brat again.

#55 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

@Ani

I was about to petition so that the site wouldn't be shut down, but I'm glad that you clarified that it wouldn't even be permanent if it happened.

Even still, I think a temporary shut down of all the site would be a little too much. Is it really the majority of members that are causing a stir? Even then the whole community shouldn't pay the price. The people that haven't broken any rules should be allowed to continue as is.

I know is far easier to just shut the entire site, but that would really give a bad impression to people who haven't done anything to cause such an event to happen.

That said, I haven't read all of the posts here but I'm gonna take a guess that said that people just don't want others to tell them what to think. The people that think positive don't want the negatives to tell them that they're being too hopeful, and the negatives don't want the positives to tell them they're being too depressed.

I think is fine to post what you think, but I think it becomes personal when not only you post an opinion but criticize others for thinking differently. That goes with either the ones that praise a chapter or hate it.

One thing is to say: "I think the chapter was A because of this and this" and then have a respond like "Really, well I thought it was B because of that and that."
Another is to say: "I think the chapter was A because of this and this"and then have someone respond like "Are you kidding? The chapter was completely B. You're completely wrong. You should think like I do because I am right."

I hope I was able to express that correctly.

#56 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 28 2013, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Ani

I was about to petition so that the site wouldn't be shut down, but I'm glad that you clarified that it wouldn't even be permanent if it happened.

Even still, I think a temporary shut down of all the site would be a little too much. Is it really the majority of members that are causing a stir? Even then the whole community shouldn't pay the price. The people that haven't broken any rules should be allowed to continue as is.

It was only what Shauna would do in that situation if it was all on her. I know others aren't on the same page, though. While I do think having a few days to cool off could do some good, it could also just cause a stir once the site is brought back.

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 28 2013, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That said, I haven't read all of the posts here but I'm gonna take a guess that said that people just don't want others to tell them what to think. The people that think positive don't want the negatives to tell them that they're being too hopeful, and the negatives don't want the positives to tell them they're being too depressed.

I think is fine to post what you think, but I think it becomes personal when not only you post an opinion but criticize others for thinking differently. That goes with either the ones that praise a chapter or hate it.

One thing is to say: "I think the chapter was A because of this and this" and then have a respond like "Really, well I thought it was B because of that and that."
Another is to say: "I think the chapter was A because of this and this"and then have someone respond like "Are you kidding? The chapter was completely B. You're completely wrong. You should think like I do because I am right."

I hope I was able to express that correctly.

I think you're absolutely right.

It's fine to have an opinion, but you have to express it in a way that doesn't sound condescending. Don't try to start something because someone doesn't agree with you. Debating peacefully is possible, we just need to learn how to.

#57 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Apr 28 2013, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't believe I'm actually doing this but this needs to be done.

I respect that you believe this alexander, but can you lay off Shauna and respect what she feels needs to be done? It was only a suggestion to lock the boards FOR A FEW DAYS not end it forever. If anything Shauna is the one that I have known to want this place to keep on going. I don't know how many times she has put up with people who she knows want to be on the site but some how end up in trouble.

If the forum lock happens take sometime and have a smoothie or something.

Edited by Tsunade, 29 April 2013 - 02:14 AM.

Tsu.gif

#58 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

Two wrong don't make it right.

That's the problem in a nutshell. Listen, I really enjoy it here and seeing going outbreak is crazy. Here's the problem. If you have a personal problem with that one person, why not do it in PM. Or be better man/woman, keep it to yourself and don't stoop to the same level as it's a bait, intentional or not. What good would do calling another brat, huh? The problem is that the whole world that check this site can see it and you only lure more for what reason, no idea. In the end, no one cares who's the better man. I couldn't give it a damn if I show myself as a weak guy, because that's your opinion and all I see is an error code that should be ignored to you while others could see it either the same or vouch for it.

The bottom line is no one should take it personally in the board. Either ignore it or take it in PM. Don't stoop low and/or don't try to rebel in a meaningless battle. If you all can't see this, then I let you do your things. Know this, I may or may not dislike some of you, but at least I respect you.

#59 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Apr 28 2013, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two wrong don't make it right.

That's the problem in a nutshell. Listen, I really enjoy it here and seeing going outbreak is crazy. Here's the problem. If you have a personal problem with that one person, why not do it in PM. Or be better man/woman, keep it to yourself and don't stoop to the same level as it's a bait, intentional or not. What good would do calling another brat, huh? The problem is that the whole world that check this site can see it and you only lure more for what reason, no idea. In the end, no one cares who's the better man. I couldn't give it a damn if I show myself as a weak guy, because that's your opinion and all I see is an error code that should be ignored to you while others could see it either the same or vouch for it.

The bottom line is no one should take it personally in the board. Either ignore it or take it in PM. Don't stoop low and/or don't try to rebel in a meaningless battle. If you all can't see this, then I let you do your things. Know this, I may or may not dislike some of you, but at least I respect you.

This is all reminding me of a little quote from The Dark Knight. "When the chips are down, these civilized people... they'll eat each other."

Yes, I just made a Dark Knight reference. I'm being that guy right now.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#60 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Tsunade @ Apr 28 2013, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't believe I'm actually doing this but this needs to be done.

I respect that you believe this alexander, but can you lay off Shauna and respect what she feels needs to be done? It was only a suggestion to lock the boards FOR A FEW DAYS not end it forever. If anything Shauna is the one that I have known to want this place to keep on going. I don't know how many times she has put up with people who she knows want to be on the site but some how end up in trouble.

If the forum lock happens take sometime and have a smoothie or something.

I don't know how many thanks I can send to you, Tsunade, because of your post.

As Ani had said, WE ARE NOT SHUTTING DOWN The forums. I was surprised about Shauna's recommendation and we had our talk. Nothing is going to happen.

Now, I have to apologize to you, Shadow Wolf, because right now, I felt your thread will be closed because all of this negativity. Some of us predicted this will get bad and it did, much, much worse as it seems.

I don't know what the hell is going on here right now. But all of this negativity NEEDS to go. All of us, and this goes to everyone, including us mods and admins. We don't need this kind of stress.

Those who has the drama llamas, GET RID OF THEM! Or better yet, KILL them. If not, I will. (Damnit, where's the evil emoticon... I need it for this!) rawr.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users