47 replies to this topic

#1 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen, after many months and numerous topics later.. I have found the first 4 episodes of the english dubbed Naruto Shippuden.

This is no joke or any rick rolling or trolling of any kind. I'm 100 percent cereal!

Guess where it is?

The Answer is... --Click here to view--
Itunes!

Go take a look and see! biggrin.gif

The first episode is free!

Edited by Anewhope2, 24 July 2009 - 07:46 AM.

#2 nekovi

nekovi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Anewhope2 @ Jul 24 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ladies and Gentlemen, after many months and numerous topics later.. I have found the first 4 episodes of the english dubbed Naruto Shippuden.

This is no joke or any rick rolling or trolling of any kind. I'm 100 percent cereal!

Guess where it is?

The Answer is... --Click here to view--
Itunes!

Go take a look and see! biggrin.gif

The first episode is free!

Wahaha, I just went and bought them wub.gif wub.gif I'm not particularly fond of the dub, but YAAAAAY :thumb I bought it off iTunes for the novelty, and that's probably all I'm gonna get th_glomp.gif Waaah! Hurry up and finish downloading! I MUST hear Deidara's voooooooooooice dubbed!
So baby keep my heart, beat b-beat beat beating. She’s the soul reason I keep believing that we're gonna die like this.

#3 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:14 PM

Gahhh! Attack of the dub!! laugh.gif

#4 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

Personally i don't see the point in watching the dub. The anime is getting bad enough as it is, why make it worse with crappy english dubbing??? The first episode was good, but its only going to go down hill once the fillers come in.

Edited by Sora no Senshi, 24 July 2009 - 10:16 PM.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#5 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:16 PM

I still don't get how North American kids can stand the horrible dubbed voices this generation...

Dragon Ball's dubbing wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly perfect. But since then, I've avoided all dubbed series... the voice actors just ruin the work of Japanese seiyuus (voice actors/actresses).

Genuine anime, IMO, has to be the regular voice track by the good people over at Japan. smile.gif

Not trying to dismay anybody, but the voice actors here could really learn a few things.

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

Are you guys still complaining about the voices? rolleyes.gif Do you expected to hear Naruto saying "BELIEVE IT" now which wasn't been used since... how many episodes ago in Part 1 English (exclude one of those fillers...)?

I had downloaded the episode and the voice actors did a great job, seemingly Konohamaru has a new voice actor instead of Ino's voice playing him...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 The Sincerities

The Sincerities

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

I think the voices are pretty decent. Some could use some work but over all I think they're pretty good. Naruto's voice acter did a good job on making his voice deeper.:] Then again, that's my opinion.:b

#8 Tai001

Tai001

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jul 24 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you guys still complaining about the voices? rolleyes.gif Do you expected to hear Naruto saying "BELIEVE IT" now which wasn't been used since... how many episodes ago in Part 1 English (exclude one of those fillers...)?

I had downloaded the episode and the voice actors did a great job, seemingly Konohamaru has a new voice actor instead of Ino's voice playing him...

Actually, it is the same voice, just a little bit on the deeper side. As for my opinion of the Shippuden dub? I very much like it, and dislike how so many people dis the Naruto dubs. But that's their opinion.

Edit* Edited, as I felt that one thing I said looked a bit too harsh. So I toned it down*

Edited by Tai001, 25 July 2009 - 09:50 AM.

#9 SweetGoodbye18

SweetGoodbye18

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:46 AM

I've always been protective of the dub. Matching up what people say in two different languages, to the point that the lips are in sync? Sounds like a difficult task. In part one I really saw no reason for anyone to complain, cartoon voices usually have a cartoonish (?) essence to them, and that means they more then likely will sound somewhat fake and annoying. How many voice actors honest to god sound exactly the same in normal conversation? There is usually a difference in pitch or something. I loved Sakura's voice in part one, she sounded like a bratty slightly pretentious 11 year old girl. perfect. happy.gif

On the other hand Naruto voice sounds like its trying to be deep, weird I know. Not really a complaint, more of an observation.
It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf".
I dont wish to be everything to everyone but I would like to be something to someone
"]Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you".'
"Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love".

#10 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

Woohoo!! I must get it! I've always had a special soft spot for the Naruto dub wub.gif I've been waiting impatiently for it to turn up. So glad it's being released somewhere! I don't see why people complain about it. Sure it's not perfect, but they do a good job, and it's not like they deny access to the Japanese version... my dvds have both biggrin.gif I have bad eyes that makes it hard for me to focus on things quickly, so subs always detract a little from my watching enjoyment, they take a bit of concentration - the dub lets me concentrate on everything else! There are plenty of good dubs out there these days - they are learning. If it's uncut and the voice actors are making an effort... I don't see what's to complain about. I enjoy both sub and dub.

@Sweetgoodbye18, I guess she would be trying to sound deeper, maybe she'll warm up and it'll come easier after the first few episodes. Glad they kept the same voice actors for most, I always loved Naruto's rough voice - and Kakashi's was one of the rare voices I actually thought was better suited than the Japanese one.

This, together with the last chapter and Kakashi Gaiden being next episode (Yondaime animated! love.gif ), has made my week.

Edited by DownsEndRoad, 25 July 2009 - 10:31 PM.

#11 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

Some people who have an issue with dubs nowadays just view it with their nostalgia hats because when they first started watching anime the dubs sounded better. When I first started to watch anime on Toonami I always thought the animes were perfect, but nowadays after I started downloading anime instead of watching it on television 95% of the shows I watch are subbed, which can lead to an elitist mentality. However, dubs produced now are still good and some examples include Bacanno!, Black Lagoon, and Darker Than Black are recent animes that are quite enjoyable in English (though the BL dub doesn't have Revy's bad Engrish during the Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise arc...).

I believe it is just due to the lack of exposure that anime has now compared to during the mid 90's early 00's that people have switched to watching them on the internet with fansubbing that most have become accustomed to choosing sub over dubs. If anime made a comeback on television with the good slot lineup that Cartoon Network used to have with Toonami, I'm sure people would start to find dubs appealing once again.

I dropped Shippuden, but isn't it supposed to air on Cartoon Network. How come its only available on ITunes? Did the part 1 fillers cause ratings to decrease or did Cartoon Network lose the rights to it?

#12 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (True @ Jul 25 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dropped Shippuden, but isn't it supposed to air on Cartoon Network. How come its only available on ITunes? Did the part 1 fillers cause ratings to decrease or did Cartoon Network lose the rights to it?

I believe it's the first one. Naruto lost alot of it's watchers when it moved into the fillers, or possibly even before that, most likely because people didn't want to wait for the one episode every week, so they skipped to the japanese version. Though it's possible there were othere problems as well, but im pretty sure it's due to lack of finances.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#13 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:11 AM

Wow. I guess it's not coming to CN then. They aren't even willing to take a chance huh? I guess that's the state of anime over here. Ratings are so terrible that what is arguably the most popular anime right now wont even air on TV in the US. geez.

#14 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (NutMan @ Jul 26 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. I guess it's not coming to CN then. They aren't even willing to take a chance huh? I guess that's the state of anime over here. Ratings are so terrible that what is arguably the most popular anime right now wont even air on TV in the US. geez.

Plenty of anime is shown on Adult Swim.

#15 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (Shirosaki @ Jul 26 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

at an unwatchable time thought

#16 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Shirosaki @ Jul 26 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, considering the fact that those anime are in a bad time slot, which starts on every Sunday morning around 1 am and its very limited.

Aired are the following:

Bleach
Shin-chan
Inuyasha
Full Metal Alchemist
Code Geass
and one more series I can't remember... (and its not those other titles like Eureka 7, Trinity Blood, Blood+ or Samurai Champoo)

...then it show some repeats in between before 6am on Sunday mornings.

While all of the other time slots of Adult Swim consists of Family Guy, Aquateen Hunger Force, Sealab 2000, Robot Chicken and those other shows which I consider as a piece of crap.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#17 Lazy-Genius

Lazy-Genius

Left here a learner, came back a brony

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:06 AM

the first episode 1:17, right after the explosion, did anyone else think Yamato's "ehh?" sounded like a duck?

#18 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:24 PM

i didnt buy them on itunes but i did watch them. its a lot better than part 1 dub. they did a good job on maturing up the voices. deidara's voice was spot on, all the way down to his "hmmm". and to those who say its a terrible dub, i have one word for you: 4kids.

#19 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (max acorn @ Aug 5 2009, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i didnt buy them on itunes but i did watch them. its a lot better than part 1 dub. they did a good job on maturing up the voices. deidara's voice was spot on, all the way down to his "hmmm". and to those who say its a terrible dub, i have one word for you: 4kids.

(In Yami's voice) What about DAN GREEN!? lol

I don't think the dub is terrible, but I do think they can do better. And yes 4 kids dubs= Epic fail

#20 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

In case anyone is interested, the DVD has been out for a couple days, uncut and uncensored. It even contains a second 'bonus' DVD now with interviews with the animators, promotional stuff, TV commercials, and artwork.

If anyone has a Borders nearby, its $17 there.

Also, as an aside, Bleach movie 2, Diamond Dust Rebellion, was released as well. Dubbed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users