20 replies to this topic

#1 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:20 AM

So I started this thread 'cause I'm curious what y'all think the best and worst filler episodes are from both pre and post time skip. Here's what I think and why:

Best: I haven't seen most Shippuden fillers other than the grave robber arc, so I suppose the filler I enjoyed the most was the ghost samurai arc (the one where Naruto, Kakashi and Neji's team encounter a ghost at a mansion, but it's really some princess who's also posing as her twin brother). The villain was kinda stupid, but the main filler characters and plot were pretty interesting; can't remember much about the fight scenes.

Worst: The Shippuden filler where pre-time skip Naruto tries to find the "Fourth Hokage's legacy". It was pointless in the worst possible way. Fights were dull, and it was all a ploy pulled off by Guy Sensei. I'm sorry the awesomeness that is the Fourth was even associated with this epsiode.

#2 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:47 AM

Best was the investigate the sound arc. it was as close to a canon Arc as Id consider any filler arc ever.

Worst for me was the Bikachu arc. A pathetic arc that over exposed and mary sued Hinata like no bodies business, and in the end the whole thing came down to a fart joke.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#3 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:00 AM

Best: Naruto episode 101 - Gotta See! Gotta Know! Kakashi-sensei's True Face!

Has some of the silliest scenes in the entire series, but they're a good silly. Sasuke's imagination spots regarding Naruto's thoughts on Kakashi's face are particularly funny. The crow flying overhead and screaming that it's the "Worst Episode Ever!" just puts the icing on the cake.

Worst: Naruto episode 192 - Ino Screams! Chubby Paradise!

Naruto falls off a roof and pees a rainbow on Ino while Transformed into her. Do I really need to say any more?

#4 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Nov 6 2010, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best was the investigate the sound arc. it was as close to a canon Arc as Id consider any filler arc ever.

the one with this guy?

#5 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

hey his fight with Kiba ended on a fart joke, you know the one where we were getitng all serious and saying wow this guys got guts and hes growing a a ninja.

and the whole thing comes down to him farting in Kibas face?

Even the villain in that one can be put down to orochimarus mad scientist routine at least. Cheesey as it was. And it played directly into Canon with how Sakura went to tsunade at the end. They could have skipped right to the episode where Naruto leaves with jiraiya and been fine.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#6 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

I kinda like it when they make a story out of things that kind of skip around in the manga

#7 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:01 PM

Best filler has to be the sound investigation arc the first filler from part 1. Worst it has to be Bikoucho arc because Pierot was mary suing Hinata not to mention the waterfall scene giving fan service and lifting the fandoms hope that the pairing is going to become canon.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#8 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

The best filler I thing was when Team 7 tried to found out Kakashi's real face and as far as worse fillers, anything after when Sasuke left the village since they pretty much screwed up a lot of characters.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#9 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:59 PM

Best one-> Episode 101 (When Team 7 is trying to find out how Kakashi's real face looks like)
Worst->Um...there are pretty many fillers I don't like, so I guess that I can't choose the worst one...

#10 Tai001

Tai001

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

My personal favorite, would have to be the Sora Arc. This one actually showed some actuall effort, unlike most filler. It wasn't perfect, but I still found it rather enjoyable. Even those over at NarutoFan thought it was decent, up until the second half with the Zombies and the Kyuubi copy. (Which didn't really bother me though...)

My least favorite would indeed have to be the Bikochu, but only because I refuse to even as much as give the Naruto turns into Ino one a chance...

#11 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:11 AM

WORST. EPISODE. EVAR. EVARRRR.

I loved that when I was a kid; so much, that I decided to homage it in one of my works. It's just a brilliant way to show that you're just having fun, whilst also pointing out that if it were to be canon then it would definitely be the worst episode ever.

#12 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:28 AM

My all time favorite just has to be Naruto episode 101. It was so hilarious how many times they failed trying to see what was under kakashi's mask. And then at the ending i almost died laughing so much 111189.gif . OH man i could go on and on about this episode but it is time for the worst filler episode dry.gif

and the winner is.......... Naruto episodes 136-219. Yes i know thats the whole filler arc after the final battle with sasuke but its true tongue.gif Except for the curry of life episode, Lee and Neji had me laughing through the whole episode laugh.gif

Edited by OblivionXP, 07 November 2010 - 06:32 AM.

#13 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:29 AM

I don't really give much about the fillers...is just a way for them to get fanbase from other groups, as well as to prevent the anime from catching up to the manga too early, and a way to help them make money.

I care more about the movies, as it appears that almost every shippuden movie has a NaruSaku moment in it. In the 4th movie, at the end, we have Sakura screaming for Naruto, when Naruto arrives, she goes from dere to tsun in one second, and grabs him by the ear xD

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#14 Narusakufan79

Narusakufan79

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Fanfics, Anime, Reading,Video games

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Nov 6 2010, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best: Naruto episode 101 - Gotta See! Gotta Know! Kakashi-sensei's True Face!

Has some of the silliest scenes in the entire series, but they're a good silly. Sasuke's imagination spots regarding Naruto's thoughts on Kakashi's face are particularly funny. The crow flying overhead and screaming that it's the "Worst Episode Ever!" just puts the icing on the cake.

Worst: Naruto episode 192 - Ino Screams! Chubby Paradise!

Naruto falls off a roof and pees a rainbow on Ino while Transformed into her. Do I really need to say any more?

I remember those two. Yes I enjoyed the schemes where team 7 tried to see Kakashi's face. Funny moment had a flashlight, scared Sakura and she hit him like normal. Just funny episode all around.

I would agree on the second one. Ino screams! Chubby Paradise! Ino dressed as a princess, but she was with Naruto. Technically not the worst ever, but it was bad.

#15 Narusakufan79

Narusakufan79

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Fanfics, Anime, Reading,Video games

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Dec 23 2010, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really give much about the fillers...is just a way for them to get fanbase from other groups, as well as to prevent the anime from catching up to the manga too early, and a way to help them make money.

I care more about the movies, as it appears that almost every shippuden movie has a NaruSaku moment in it. In the 4th movie, at the end, we have Sakura screaming for Naruto, when Naruto arrives, she goes from dere to tsun in one second, and grabs him by the ear xD

That is just awesome. Sakura never changes. lol

#16 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Narusakufan79 @ Feb 4 2011, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is just awesome. Sakura never changes. lol

Do you mean the 4th shippuuden movie or the 4th in general

best filler: sound investigation arc and sora (can't choose imo before the hug from chapter 175 the best NaruSaku moment was in the sora arc)

worst: sanbi arc and the history of the hidden leaf...

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#17 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

Best: Three-Tails Arc. I really liked it. smile.gif Only the ending was not that good... :/

Worst: Sora Arc/Six-Tails Arc. Srsly annoying, especially their personallities. :/

#18 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

Best filler arc : When Sakura, Naruto and Jiraya are investigating in the sound village for Sasuke in part one. I really like it mostly because Sakura and Naruto are acting similar to cannon episode. Also, it's featuring alot of Sakura, her inhability to help Naruto ( and not just for saving Sasuke)and her will to change that.

Worst filler arc : Sanbi arc. I wouldn't have mind it too much if it wasn't for the fact that it's too freaking long for nothing. The bond between Yuukimaru and Guren is cute and it's fun to see it develop at first but, in the end, I think it was just too much of it that it got me really annoy. I did, however, loved some part of it., like Naruto learning a filler jutsu ( that part was actually funny and cute at the same time). I also loved the little moment between Naruto and Sakura ( don't remember the episode but you see but of them in the end of the cliff and both are talking about what Naruto has said previously to Yuukimaru ).

Best filler episode : Episode 101 in part one for humor. I also love the episode regarding Iruka sensei soon after Pain's arc. I actually love both filler episode mainly because it something that could have easily been in the cannon material. I love to see young Naruto with Iruka sensei in the cemetary while Naruto proclaim that he's doesn't stand to see that face with Iruka and will quit the academy. No matter what, I think it's was actually well done and somewhat realistic.

Worst filler episode : No contest here, episode 194 of Shippuden. Not only do we have lame yaoi ( The second kiss between Naruto and Sasuke was a very lame excuse of juvenile humor), the animation suck bad and Sakura act of fangirl in the start is, by far, the worst that I've ever seen ( I think that it was Derock that mention the 'Sailor Moon henshin dance'...and it was actually very disturbing)

#19 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:08 PM

best filler: when naruto, jiraiya and sakura are on that one mission to find sasuke i think. lots of narusaku goodness tongue.gif

worst filler:.....all the rest. expecially episode 196...i just really hated that fangirl that loooovvved sasuke. >_>

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#20 cnving101

cnving101

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Feb 15 2011, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
worst filler:.....all the rest. expecially episode 196...i just really hated that fangirl that loooovvved sasuke. >_>

I agree. The only other one I'd accept as decent was that 3-tails arc earlier in the series. But even that wasn't overly impressive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users