4201 replies to this topic

#101 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:39 AM

That 18+ outfit though... I hate how many Shounen Mangas do so much fanservice. It's ridiculous. I could go on and on and rant about the oversexualization of the female characters in One Piece, Fairy Tail (!), Bleach, Naruto etc. ... I hope this series minimizes this type of fanservice, really. I've had it up till here thx to that Hinata outfit in the Last, really.

If I could chose, I will rather no fanservice in shonen manga.
But I don't have any problem with that. And seem like the targets like or doesn't mind with it.
And this kind of fanservice already exist long time ago.

So the rival goes sasuke. As long as Deku beat him, I don't have any problem even if he join the villain group. Seem like the rival gonna be the anti hero.

Regarding pairing. I think it oblivious that hero x heroine gonna be canon.
Not all shonen as stupid as kishi.

#102 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:57 AM

Tell me about it the manga that killed fanservice for me was Fairy Tail, intially I was okay with it in the beginning, but after a certain point I was like seriously?? this needs to stop like now!! The funny thing is Hiro Mashima made Rave Master (you've probably heard of it), and in that series  there was fanservice, but very little of it (I'd give it like 5 to 10 percent of the manga). That manga was his first work and I thought it was amazing, Fairy Tail has yet reach that level. I mean Fairy Tail is still a good manga, but the fanservice is just ugh... Plus this may just be me but I feel like Lucy is Hinata of Fairy Tail when it comes to the fan service at least.

I hope  Kohei Horikoshi doesn't go that route with Boku No Hero Academia, so far it's been amazing, and the last thing I need for it's amazingness to get ruined by is fanservice.  I mean if he shows Midnight like here and there  I'm not gonna complain, but if she shows up like every arc just for fanservice then we're gonna have an issue. At that moment I trust the mangaka for what he's doing with this series so far...

I haven't read FairyTail yet, and I hate to admit that this oversexualization has been so far one of the reasons. I'm pretty sure that after a while I wouldn't mind all this fanservice anymore, but when I see chapters in which a nude Lucy falls from the sky or Natsu and LIsanna sitting naked next to each other (Forneverworld's reviews are interesting) I just can't stop shaking my head. I'll give Fairy Tail a try someday  b/c it would be a shame to let something this stupid prevent me from reading a work that has many fans.

It's a good to know that the two main characters in Rave Master end up together. I might give it a try, too ;)

Let's hope Boku no Hero Academia will be spared from this ridiculous fanservice. I really like series.

Thank god in Tokyo Ghoul fanservice is almost nonexistent. But even if there is some fanservice, the characters are drawn realistically.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#103 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:13 AM

If I could chose, I will rather no fanservice in shonen manga.
But I don't have any problem with that. And seem like the targets like or doesn't mind with it.
And this kind of fanservice already exist long time ago.

So the rival goes sasuke. As long as Deku beat him, I don't have any problem even if he join the villain group. Seem like the rival gonna be the anti hero.

Regarding pairing. I think it oblivious that hero x heroine gonna be canon.
Not all shonen as stupid as kishi.

No. 

Dude. 

Frog-Girl. Look at her. How could you not want Deku end up with her. I already created the ship name: Midotsu. Anybody else who's on board with this awesome pairing let me know! 

(Btw I like Deku with the main girl as well she's so adorable and hyperactive! But Frog-girl is my favorite character <3)

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#104 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

I haven't read FairyTail yet, and I hate to admit that this oversexualization has been so far one of the reasons. I'm pretty sure that after a while I wouldn't mind all this fanservice anymore, but when I see chapters in which a nude Lucy falls from the sky or Natsu and LIsanna sitting naked next to each other (Forneverworld's reviews are interesting) I just can't stop shaking my head. I'll give Fairy Tail a try someday  b/c it would be a shame to let something this stupid prevent me from reading a work that has many fans.

It's a good to know that the two main characters in Rave Master end up together. I might give it a try, too ;)

Let's hope Boku no Hero Academia will be spared from this ridiculous fanservice. I really like series.

Thank god in Tokyo Ghoul fanservice is almost nonexistent. But even if there is some fanservice, the characters are drawn realistically.

You should I'm always gonna stand by my word and say Rave Master is superior over Fairy tail in terms of story telling. The story in Fairy Tail is good, but it could be better in my opinion, The only thing I can say Fairy Tail has over Rave Master is art and fan service. 

fun fact: The two main characters (Haru and Ellie) was actually my first manga OTP so yeah  :happy: 

I agree on your point about Tokyo Ghoul's fanservice being non-existenet. Rarely do you even see it show up. Which is one thing I'm proud of Ishida doing. I don't think Attack on Titan has any fanservice either (unless I've forgotten otherwise).  

As for Boku No Hero there are two things that worry me when it comes to the series. 1 is the fanservice like we've said before and hopefully it's used the right way just let it be brief and shown rarely. The second is  once it reaches a certain number of chapters for an anime studio to release the anime of this series. Though I feel like we've discussed about that before too. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#105 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

The last chapterade my day. Saturday morning couldnt get any better. And i really like the freezing dude. He has some potential.
The chapter was so

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#106 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:21 AM

You should I'm always gonna stand by my word and say Rave Master is superior over Fairy tail in terms of story telling. The story in Fairy Tail is good, but it could be better in my opinion, The only thing I can say Fairy Tail has over Rave Master is art and fan service. 

fun fact: The two main characters (Haru and Ellie) was actually my first manga OTP so yeah  :happy: 

I agree on your point about Tokyo Ghoul's fanservice being non-existenet. Rarely do you even see it show up. Which is one thing I'm proud of Ishida doing. I don't think Attack on Titan has any fanservice either (unless I've forgotten otherwise).  

As for Boku No Hero there are two things that worry me when it comes to the series. 1 is the fanservice like we've said before and hopefully it's used the right way just let it be brief and shown rarely. The second is  once it reaches a certain number of chapters for an anime studio to release the anime of this series. Though I feel like we've discussed about that before too. 

My first OTP were SakuraxShaoran from CCS... I miss those days where it was obvious that your ship was going to happen.

I think Attack on Titan has no fanservice at all... Actually, the opposite is happening: We get to see Mikasa with a sixpack :D

As for Boku no Hero Academia: Fanservice to the minimum pls, or otherwise the next outfit will be worse be than an 18+ outfit. If the anime comes out- god forbid me if to see this animated (although SP or Toei animation would love to take over this part in the manga)...

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#107 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:54 AM

My first OTP were SakuraxShaoran from CCS... I miss those days where it was obvious that your ship was going to happen.

I think Attack on Titan has no fanservice at all... Actually, the opposite is happening: We get to see Mikasa with a sixpack :D

As for Boku no Hero Academia: Fanservice to the minimum pls, or otherwise the next outfit will be worse be than an 18+ outfit. If the anime comes out- god forbid me if to see this animated (although SP or Toei animation would love to take over this part in the manga)...

I remember watching CCS a while back, and I did ship those two characters together as well. Man those were days, I kinda wish it was still like that today, but then Naruto had to you know....

Mikasa with a sixpack Oh yeah I totally forgot about that, at first I found it funny, and then I was like Isayama that was actually pretty creative on your end.

If it's minimum fanservice for Boku No Hero then I'll be okay. I know there will be an anime adaptation at some point in the future, but I'd appreciate it if an anime adaptation of Boku No Hero Academia came after the manga was finished. Though I don't feel like that's going to happen, the only anime studios I can trust is A-1 Pictures (based on how they handled SAO II) , and Ufotable (who did Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blades)  and Wit Studio. I doubt this manga fall into the hands of Ufotable or Wit Studio for an anime adaption, but I'll gladly take them over Toei Animation or Studio Perriot any day. I know we talked about this before, but that's just how i generally feel when it comes to an anime adaptation these days now.  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 27 December 2014 - 03:56 AM.

#108 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

I remember watching CCS a while back, and I did ship those two characters together as well. Man those were days, I kinda wish it was still like that today, but then Naruto had to you know....

Mikasa with a sixpack Oh yeah I totally forgot about that, at first I found it funny, and then I was like Isayama that was actually pretty creative on your end.

If it's minimum fanservice for Boku No Hero then I'll be okay. I know there will be an anime adaptation at some point in the future, but I'd appreciate it if an anime adaptation of Boku No Hero Academia came after the manga was finished. Though I don't feel like that's going to happen, the only anime studios I can trust is A-1 Pictures (based on how they handled SAO II) , and Ufotable (who did Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blades)  and Wit Studio. I doubt this manga fall into the hands of Ufotable or Wit Studio for an anime adaption, but I'll gladly take them over Toei Animation or Studio Perriot any day. I know we talked about this before, but that's just how i generally feel when it comes to an anime adaptation these days now.  

CCS is one of my favorite Mangas :D It literally introduced me into the manga world back then when I was little (alongside many other shoujo mangas, lol).

Well, realistically speaking she should have a sixpack XD She even weighs more than Eren- and they are the same height! If I remember correctly, the producers showed her sixpack during that one ova dedicated to Jean (that opening though XD).

If Boku no Hero Academia gets animated (I know it will), I could only see the studios you listed doing it- well, maybe Sunrise or Bones, too. They produced also some great animes. Bleach anime got destroyed thx to SP -,- I don't even want to watch the anime to One Piece. The quality in there looks awful.

Edited by trang95, 27 December 2014 - 01:33 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#109 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

New Chapter out:

http://kissmanga.com...Great?id=217227

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#110 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

That was fast, it's not even saturday yet 

#111 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

Another great chapter!

Lol, do they want their students to die?

Todoroki is the best- next to Deku of course! It's ironic that his father, the second strongest hero out there, actually has a quirk related to fire.

Deku better reach the entrance first if he wants to fulfill All Might's wish.

Finally we are seeing some of the kids from the other departments!

Btw, the reason why class 1a is doing so well is b/c of the evil people that have recently infiltrated the academia, right?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#112 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:02 AM

Another great chapter!

Lol, do they want their students to die?

Todoroki is the best- next to Deku of course! It's ironic that his father, the second strongest hero out there, actually has a quirk related to fire.

Deku better reach the entrance first if he wants to fulfill All Might's wish.

Finally we are seeing some of the kids from the other departments!

Btw, the reason why class 1a is doing so well is b/c of the evil people that have recently infiltrated the academia, right?

I take it that they're doing so just to toughen them up...

Couldn't agree more about Todoroki he is really impresive, but Deku OMG what he did to the robot and then using that piece of metal at the end of chapter like words can't be spoken. I also have to give credit to Momo too for pulling out that machine gun too. Ida's comment also brought me laughs too. 

Yeah I'm glad it didn't take like four chapters later to introduce them and then have the explanation too. 

That does seem like a pretty logical conclusion right there, I mean they went through the entrance exam then the trials, and then the evil people aka Dr. Hands and his rejects causing mayhem   :chuckle: .  

My review for the latest chapter will be up either later tonight or tomorrow. I'm doing it just to get a better understanding of the chapter and of course give a more in sight review for the chapter too. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 31 December 2014 - 01:03 AM.

#113 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:15 AM

I take it that they're doing so just to toughen them up...

Couldn't agree more about Todoroki he is really impresive, but Deku OMG what he did to the robot and then using that piece of metal at the end of chapter like words can't be spoken. I also have to give credit to Momo too for pulling out that machine gun too. Ida's comment also brought me laughs too. 

Yeah I'm glad it didn't take like four chapters later to introduce them and then have the explanation too. 

That does seem like a pretty logical conclusion right there, I mean they went through the entrance exam then the trials, and then the evil people aka Dr. Hands and his rejects causing mayhem   :chuckle: .  

My review for the latest chapter will be up either later tonight or tomorrow. I'm doing it just to get a better understanding of the chapter and of course give a more in sight review for the chapter too. 

Once this entire tournament is over, it'd be interesting to compare it with the Chunin Exam.

Izuku that smartass! Why did it take so long for a Shounen Hero like him to show up?! So, I feel like the three strongest fighters are Todoroki, Kaachan, and Deku (but not in terms of Quirks only but also intelligence, etc.) Lol, I personally had to laugh a little bit b/c Eijirou whose quirk is hardening has the last name "Kirishima" :chuckle:

Lol, secret to winning this tournament: Face some deadly opponents beforehand XD
Looking forward to that review. When we get to ch. 30 or when this tournament is over, I will reread Boku no Hero Academia to get a better understanding of everything.

Btw, I saw your post about the Naruto volumes- sorry to hear that it had to come to this :( Hope you will fill up those empty shelves with better mangas.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#114 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:44 AM

Once this entire tournament is over, it'd be interesting to compare it with the Chunin Exam.

Izuku that smartass! Why did it take so long for a Shounen Hero like him to show up?! So, I feel like the three strongest fighters are Todoroki, Kaachan, and Deku (but not in terms of Quirks only but also intelligence, etc.) Lol, I personally had to laugh a little bit b/c Eijirou whose quirk is hardening has the last name "Kirishima" :chuckle:

Lol, secret to winning this tournament: Face some deadly opponents beforehand XD
Looking forward to that review. When we get to ch. 30 or when this tournament is over, I will reread Boku no Hero Academia to get a better understanding of everything.

Btw, I saw your post about the Naruto volumes- sorry to hear that it had to come to this :( Hope you will fill up those empty shelves with better mangas.

Yeah it will be interesting to compare and contrast the differences between both events. 

Well I was gonna say we did have Jio Freed, but even he turned out a bit goofy so I retract that statement. Yeah it did take forever to get a shounen character like him   showed up. Kohei Horikoshi gets all the respect I can give him for taking such measures for the series. You know I didn't notice that until my second reading of the chapter and I was like Kirishima, Wait a second  no way!!!

Sounds about right for the key to winning the tournament. 

I'll probably be doing the same thing.  

Tbh I always said I'd buy the volumes up to 71 and call it there, but then after what happened in Bleach and getting into Boku No Hero Academia along with Tokyo Ghoul; I knew it wasn't long before I'd start buy those volumes. So I had to make a decision when it came to Naruto and honestly seeing those volumes on my shelf didn't ease the pain that was still clinging to me after the ending. Then I found the box in my closest and decided to give Naruto the farewell and make room Tokyo Ghoul and Boku No Hero Academia. I am planning on buying the bleach volumes too, since you saw the first 4 volumes on my shelf, but then I said the manga is in it's final arc lets see how it ends first before I go speed blitzing my pocket towards the volumes like I did with Naruto.  

#115 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:56 AM

Yeah it will be interesting to compare and contrast the differences between both events. 

Well I was gonna say we did have Jio Freed, but even he turned out a bit goofy so I retract that statement. Yeah it did take forever to get a shounen character like him   showed up. Kohei Horikoshi gets all the respect I can give him for taking such measures for the series. You know I didn't notice that until my second reading of the chapter and I was like Kirishima, Wait a second  no way!!!

Sounds about right for the key to winning the tournament. 

I'll probably be doing the same thing.  

Tbh I always said I'd buy the volumes up to 71 and call it there, but then after what happened in Bleach and getting into Boku No Hero Academia along with Tokyo Ghoul; I knew it wasn't long before I'd start buy those volumes. So I had to make a decision when it came to Naruto and honestly seeing those volumes on my shelf didn't ease the pain that was still clinging to me after the ending. Then I found the box in my closest and decided to give Naruto the farewell and make room Tokyo Ghoul and Boku No Hero Academia. I am planning on buying the bleach volumes too, since you saw the first 4 volumes on my shelf, but then I said the manga is in it's final arc lets see how it ends first before I go speed blitzing my pocket towards the volumes like I did with Naruto.  

I googled up so bio info about Horikoshi, and turns out he's 28 and has already published a manga before that.called Omagadoki Dobutsuen. I'm not surprised tbh b/c for a debut work his drawing style would be way too good.

A lot of things are still unclear to me tbh honest, and the names of all these kids just won't stuck in my head. I don't even know Kaachan's real name T_T

It's a good idea to put them away. I'm glad I only have those volumes that meant a lot to me. I also have the Rock Lee spinoff which are sooo freaking funny. Let's hope that our empty shelves will be filled up with some other good mangas in the future! I've watched the anime to Bleach and I loved the Soul Society Arc. After that I kind of stopped b/c of High School and haven't picked it up so far. I'm not really sure yet what I will do, but I guess I will catch up before it ends (yikes). The only ship I care about in Bleach is HitsuHina :D Like I said, Hitsugaya is one of my favorite characters next to Hinamori and Yoruichi (so far). Speaking of volumes, I made my first move today and bought the first volume to AoT. I thought to myself:" Why not?" I'll read it for sure tonight or tomorrow.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#116 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:01 AM

I googled up so bio info about Horikoshi, and turns out he's 28 and has already published a manga before that.called Omagadoki Dobutsuen. I'm not surprised tbh b/c for a debut work his drawing style would be way too good.

A lot of things are still unclear to me tbh honest, and the names of all these kids just won't stuck in my head. I don't even know Kaachan's real name T_T

It's a good idea to put them away. I'm glad I only have those volumes that meant a lot to me. I also have the Rock Lee spinoff which are sooo freaking funny. Let's hope that our empty shelves will be filled up with some other good mangas in the future! I've watched the anime to Bleach and I loved the Soul Society Arc. After that I kind of stopped b/c of High School and haven't picked it up so far. I'm not really sure yet what I will do, but I guess I will catch up before it ends (yikes). The only ship I care about in Bleach is HitsuHina :D Like I said, Hitsugaya is one of my favorite characters next to Hinamori and Yoruichi (so far). Speaking of volumes, I made my first move today and bought the first volume to AoT. I thought to myself:" Why not?" I'll read it for sure tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah I did the same thing because just judging the artwork alone I was like if this is his first work then wow I'm really impressed, but since he had another manga before this so i was like "okay that explains why his artwork is so good." 

The only ones I've kept in my mind were Aizawa, All Might, Deku obviously, Ochako, Tsuyu, Bakugou (Kaachan), Momo ,and Todoroki. The rest I'm still trying to get to use to their names. 

As for Bleach I can't remember which episode Soul Society ended at, but I do that in the manga it's like chapter 181 or 182.  So if you feel like it, I'd say start reading from there, and I'd prefer reading the manga over the anime to catch up due to the fillers (even though I think most of the fillers are good). I will say this though the chapters are kinda slow pacing I mean you could probably read maybe 10 chapters under maybe 5 minutes it's not even funny.  As for shippings when it comes to Bleach  I do ship IchiRuki, but I'm not super passionate about it like I am with TouKen, and HitsuHina is another pairing in Bleach I can see happening.  Nice job on buying the first volume of Attack on Titan you won't regret it for obvious reasons. 

#117 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:18 AM

This manga is getting a lot of attention, that's good. Hopefully if it is ever animated, it will not be by Studio Clown.

The rivalry seems similar to Nardo and Sauce, but doesn't look as corny.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#118 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:51 AM

Yeah I did the same thing because just judging the artwork alone I was like if this is his first work then wow I'm really impressed, but since he had another manga before this so i was like "okay that explains why his artwork is so good." 

The only ones I've kept in my mind were Aizawa, All Might, Deku obviously, Ochako, Tsuyu, Bakugou (Kaachan), Momo ,and Todoroki. The rest I'm still trying to get to use to their names. 

As for Bleach I can't remember which episode Soul Society ended at, but I do that in the manga it's like chapter 181 or 182.  So if you feel like it, I'd say start reading from there, and I'd prefer reading the manga over the anime to catch up due to the fillers (even though I think most of the fillers are good). I will say this though the chapters are kinda slow pacing I mean you could probably read maybe 10 chapters under maybe 5 minutes it's not even funny.  As for shippings when it comes to Bleach  I do ship IchiRuki, but I'm not super passionate about it like I am with TouKen, and HitsuHina is another pairing in Bleach I can see happening.  Nice job on buying the first volume of Attack on Titan you won't regret it for obvious reasons. 

I remember Naruto and Bleach in its first voumes... compared to Boku no Hero Academia, the drawing  styles are miles apart.

Right of the back, I remember the ones you've mentioned and ... yeah, that's pretty much it :sweat: Although, today I learned two new names: Bakugou and Eijirou Kirishima :chuckle:

Soul Society Arc ended at around episode 57 or so. I usually skipped the fillers by having informed myself ahead of the time with wiki. I heard how mindf*cked the last chapter was. People seemed to have either loved or hate it, so I guess I have to build up my own opinion when I get to that chapter. Does it look like Bleach will end 2015? I have no idea with whom Ichigo will get together, honestly. I like both girls tbh, and so far believe that I'm fine with either one of the ships to happen.

I was buying a present for my friend who reads AoT (finally), and happened to see the first volume... I guess I gave in to the devil next to my shoulder :D (I told myself to save up my money from now on, so yeah).

Finished Noragami, and am about to read the manga to it ^_^

EDIT:WTF?! Noragami is also monthly released?! Ugh, isn't AoT bad enouogh -.-

This manga is getting a lot of attention, that's good. Hopefully if it is ever animated, it will not be by Studio Clown.

The rivalry seems similar to Nardo and Sauce, but doesn't look as corny.

It is ^_^ I hope an anime will come one day. Oh, SP better not touch this series :hm:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#119 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:04 AM

I remember Naruto and Bleach in its first voumes... compared to Boku no Hero Academia, the drawing  styles are miles apart.

Right of the back, I remember the ones you've mentioned and ... yeah, that's pretty much it :sweat: Although, today I learned two new names: Bakugou and Eijirou Kirishima :chuckle:

Soul Society Arc ended at around episode 57 or so. I usually skipped the fillers by having informed myself ahead of the time with wiki. I heard how mindf*cked the last chapter was. People seemed to have either loved or hate it, so I guess I have to build up my own opinion when I get to that chapter. Does it look like Bleach will end 2015? I have no idea with whom Ichigo will get together, honestly. I like both girls tbh, and so far believe that I'm fine with either one of the ships to happen.

I was buying a present for my friend who reads AoT (finally), and happened to see the first volume... I guess I gave in to the devil next to my shoulder :D (I told myself to save up my money from now on, so yeah).

Finished Noragami, and am about to read the manga to it ^_^

EDIT:WTF?! Noragami is also monthly released?! Ugh, isn't AoT bad enouogh -.-

It is ^_^ I hope an anime will come one day. Oh, SP better not touch this series :hm:

Tell me about it at the moment I'm rereading the first volume of Bleach and I was like damn damn this looks way different from what the art looks nowadays it's no joke. 

Haha it's all good I remember it took me a while to get use to the names.  Plus there are still names I'm trying to get to use to for the series since it just started. Fun fact apparently Dr. Hands real name is Shigaraki Tomura according the wiki.

Oh you have no idea how insane the last chapter was, it's not even funny. I won't say what happens though until you get to that particular chapter.  People are making that theory that Bleach will end next year, and it's possible but with how things are going I'd say Bleach needs at least to a 2 to maybe 2.5 more years to properly wrap everything up. I mean the last thing I need is what happened with Naruto...  As for the pairings for Bleach despite me shipping IchiRuki I'm fine if he gets together with Orihime since I feel like he's had equal development with both female characters throughout the series.

lol it's okay I did the same thing once with the Nisekoi and saw the first volume and said "sure why not get one for myself too."    

Great that you finished Norgami so what did you think of episode 12? 

Wait it's a monthly?? I didn't know that and I'm still trying to catch up with the latest chapter.

Btw way here's my review on the latest chapter: 

side note: ugh.. missed a couple points again :cry:

Edited by LuckyChi7, 31 December 2014 - 07:05 AM.

#120 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

Tell me about it at the moment I'm rereading the first volume of Bleach and I was like damn damn this looks way different from what the art looks nowadays it's no joke. 

Haha it's all good I remember it took me a while to get use to the names.  Plus there are still names I'm trying to get to use to for the series since it just started. Fun fact apparently Dr. Hands real name is Shigaraki Tomura according the wiki.

Oh you have no idea how insane the last chapter was, it's not even funny. I won't say what happens though until you get to that particular chapter.  People are making that theory that Bleach will end next year, and it's possible but with how things are going I'd say Bleach needs at least to a 2 to maybe 2.5 more years to properly wrap everything up. I mean the last thing I need is what happened with Naruto...  As for the pairings for Bleach despite me shipping IchiRuki I'm fine if he gets together with Orihime since I feel like he's had equal development with both female characters throughout the series.

lol it's okay I did the same thing once with the Nisekoi and saw the first volume and said "sure why not get one for myself too."    

Great that you finished Norgami so what did you think of episode 12? 

Wait it's a monthly?? I didn't know that and I'm still trying to catch up with the latest chapter.

Btw way here's my review on the latest chapter: 

side note: ugh.. missed a couple points again :cry:

Your review was a lot better this time ^_^ It was more cohesive and you looked like you prepared yourself a lot better for it. Did you mentioned the other department of equipment (or whatever that was) though. Lol, at your nicknames for the characters :lmao: The guy with the shadows is pretty cool! I totally misunderstood his quirk :sweat:

You're rereading Bleach? I still remember the first episode :D Oh, quick correction: I remember now that I stopped in the middle of the Orihime rescue arc. Ichigo and co have already infiltrated the building. Can't remember where I left of exactly. Kudo better surpass Naruto in its ending :hm: I don't acccept another horrible ending to a great shounen series. The different endings Naruto could have had after Ch.698 *sigh* When I bought AoT yesterday, I saw all those Naruto volumes... I felt so angry/horrible that I wished I could have ripped of the volumes from the shelves and tear them apart seriously.

Yeah, Noragami is monthly :( Is Noragami a shounen? Or what category does it belong to?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)