Cid's Bar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

#81 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Dec 3 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And then she started talking to herself.

Lovely.

Not surprising, but still, it weirded her out all the time (that's not to say she herslef didn't do it, Shihna could dig up some dirt on that, no doubt). Shaking her head slightly, Jyuuki grinned slightly, catching onto her coworkers plan of action. Giggling slightly, the former ninja pawed in the air in Cid's direction, which caused Shihna to snicker quietly and their boss to groan, no doubt he'd seen this tag-team before.

"Nyouurrrrr~" Jyuuki began, that sound was known for getting her what she wanted at times (no seriously, it depends on the situation-- and if there's flirting or booze or money involved). She tilted her head cutely, going all moe and stuff, "Yeahhhh Ciiiiid, can'tya see that this girl is just like how me and Shihn (minus the 3 ex boyfriends) were? I mean! How can ya say no? You're totally the old people version of Mary Poppins. Some people would find it kinda creepy, what with you bringing in teenage girls, but who cares! These teenage girls are thankful. Really. C'monnnnnn~"

Okay, sometimes Jyuuki couldn't control what she said or direct those words into a pathos direction. Nevertheless, Cid looked like he was about to break.

Not even muffling her mouth could even attempt to stop Shihna's supposedly hidden laughter. Just overhearing what her co-worker had to say to Cid about the Elvaan girl's stay brought back LOADS of memories... and even images started to appear. That Mary Poppins comment was a bit out there, but god, Shihna could not help but imagine her boss floating about while holding an umbrella - singing songs about taking medicine and showing off the 'magic of it all'. Unable to look at the older man for a moment, she could only bite at her bottom lip to shut herself up. Jyuuki truly did have a way with words, and Shihna could do nothing but love nearly every word that came out that girl's mouth. Ah, even that started to remind her of the reviews she once read about Cid's Bar, and how the critics complained about these two.

In big bold letters, stood the statement: ROWDY WAITRESSES

That, my friend, was a compliment in their books - honestly.

Cid's response, however, sent a wave of relief over her entire well-being. Sure, the waitress enjoyed the get-go of the bar as it was... but just two employees, those mysterious chefs in the back and Mr. Vein-Issues didn't seem as exciting as it used to be. With a new face around here, there would surely be a completely different feel to the whole place - especially since Jyuuki and herself were going to have to teach this girl the ropes. From the loose floorboards that can send you crashing into to basement to the supposedly locked doors that are pretty easy to open.

Yeah, this was going to be fun.

"Niiiiiiice~, so we got ourselves a new partner" Shihna exclaimed with a smile. As of now, those bloody (literally) leg injuries didn't really matter at the moment, just the simple thought of how it was going to be around this airship now excited her. Don't ask her why, but change was something Shihna could easily get used to, basically because she was trained to do so; to leave behind things that were of precious value and start anew was something her mother constantly said whenever conflicts took place in their lives.

And yet again, she was thinking about her mother.

Grumbling, it took Shihna a few moments to notice the added weight placed upon her, and a roll of the eyes showed that she was used to the closeness that Jyuuki constantly loved. How she was able to deal with this bubbly bartender everyday was beyond her, but just being around her frenemy easily showed the true meaning of the word. And that was something in which Shihna could really respect.

"SWEET! NEW ROOMIE!" The waitress explained happily. Don't get her wrong, she loved the current situation with the bar, but having only one co-worker made it seem like the bar depended on only them to brighten things up, so even though she enjoyed being the ray of sunshine the bar had every once in awhile, it was nice to welcome new employees. Jyuuki gleed before placing her hands on the Elvaan girls shoulder and Shihna's head, who was now complaining with the added weight. "Heyheyhey! Welcome to the bar! Dude, it'll be a blast, trust me. Shihna and I are the best people in the world. We'll teach you stuuuuff, and I'll give you your first driiiiiiink, and ohmyjeez, we can introduce you to Cid's Vein! We haven't named him yet, but we will in time. You'll love him." The teen rambled animately with a huge grin on her face, no doubt she was excited about this, though it took her awhile to notice that the Elvaan girl and Shihna were both struggling with their fatigue/injuries.

Crap.

"Oh crap! I forgot all about you guys' beatings. Shihn, we'll have to loot them later after I get you guys fixed up. Here," she added before gently lifting the Elvaan girl's arm away from her co-worker and with a grunt, Jyuuki lifted her friend's body up onto her back before standing wobbily up. "Uergh... holy fawk, Shihn, now do you believe me when I say you pig out when you sleep walk? God." She complained lightly before starting in the direction of their shared room. The former ninja was able to carry her fine no matter the bruises she'd gotten on various parts of her body, what with her tolerance training in the past, though it was tiring. Jyuuki held fast and slowly glanced over her shoulder at their new co-worker with a warm grin, whom was now getting up to follow after, "Oh and my name's Jyuuki by the way, we never got that established. What's yours? Also, kinda related to the cripple on my back but, can ya walk okay? I really don't think there's anymore room up here, hehe."

Feeling herself oddly being lifted, Shihna could only smirk at what her co-worker had to say. She was known to sleepwalk every now and then, and find herself back in bed the next day (sometimes, that is). Jyuuki would usually complain that the former thief was heavier than she looked which would result in Shihna chucking her pillow towards the ninja - which would suddenly erupt into a pillow fight of the sort. And of course, the infamous vein on Cid's forehead would be the star of the show that day... after seeing their living quarters covered with feathers and a few broken objects would send anyone to the nuthouse with the Men in White. Cid, somehow had immunity to their actions, he still became angry but never tried anything he'd regret.

And that's why they loved him so.

"Pig out, you say? Well... I sorta agree with you on that one. But look on the bright side, this is like thanking me for all those times I had to carry you back home~" With her arms gently wrapped around her co-worker, Shihna attempted to enjoy this little ride to their room. And it was understandable if you every got her side of the story. Due to Jyuuki's known history of gaining attention with the unstoppable drinkers out there, there were times when the choppy haired girl would run off to another airship - to simply claim her prizes. Yeah. Some prizes they were. The last time Shihna had to follow after Jyuuki, the nineteen year old was forced to search around the entire place before she found Jyuuki in the place she least expected.

The engine room, of all places.

Why a barely conscious Jyuuki was laughing to herself in the engine room with a garden of soon-to-be hungover drunks was beyond her... but they both believed it was time to bid their farewells.

"So, I say we're even. But you can put me down, you know... I think our roomie needs more help than I do~" Replying softly, she glanced towards the Elvaan girl trailing behind - she had yet to learn her name, but after everything she's been through, she needed this piggyback ride more than anything. The everyday bandages that adorned Shihna's limbs would assist her until she fully took care of them, so there was no need to be relaxing while others were riddled with injuries of their own. Jeez, this job really did turn out to be more than she expected, advertisements needed to stop with the lies!

But it was entertaining, none the less.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 3 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I nodded quickly at Jyuuki's question, and hurried as best I could to keep up with her.

"My name is Raven, and it's great to meet you Jyuuki," I said, with a quiet smile as I mouthed her name quietly to myself, as I continued to follow behind the two older teens.

She had a pretty name. So did Shihna. And they were all letting me stay! I would finally have somewhere that I could call...home...after being without one for so long.

I felt a happy grin tug at the corners of my mouth...something that hadn't happened in a very looong time, and I quickly scampered after my two new roomates, as Jyuuki continued to lead the way.

Removing herself from Jyuuki's hold, Shihna landed carefully on one foot before finding her balance. For some reason, it seemed that it was taking extra long to get to their room, and it didn't help that it was bugging her. Maybe it was just the look that this mask was giving her, it's rough feeling yet smooth sculpture baffled her to wonder exactly why someone would want anything like this. To her, it didn't seem anything as special as she wanted... but it was still a mystery. Placing the mask back into the possession of her hand, Shihna's ears perked up after hearing what the seventeen year old had to say.

Raven

The name was different in her opinion, and basically seemed perfect for the young Elvaan behind her. Plus, as an added bonus, Shihna adored the sound of it. "...Raven, that's a lovely name~" She said with a smile before beginning to hurry up with her steps. Her legs may be in pain, but it didn't mean that she had to take this long to patch themselves up - from what her clouded mind could recall, the room was right there!

"Now if only we could figure out a good name for Cid's vein, you know? Jyuu, didn't we give it a name before... like when we first started working here? Do you remember it?"

And then there was laughter, and yet... that name was still on the tip of her tongue. What was it?!
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#82 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Dec 4 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"So, I say we're even. But you can put me down, you know... I think our roomie needs more help than I do~" Replying softly, she glanced towards the Elvaan girl trailing behind - she had yet to learn her name, but after everything she's been through, she needed this piggyback ride more than anything. The everyday bandages that adorned Shihna's limbs would assist her until she fully took care of them, so there was no need to be relaxing while others were riddled with injuries of their own. Jeez, this job really did turn out to be more than she expected, advertisements needed to stop with the lies!

But it was entertaining, none the less.

"Well... dokay. If you're sure, dude. If not then, stop being so STUBborn and get back on." When there was no response but a frustrated, stubborn scoff as a reply, Jyuuki shrugged and grinned before throwing her gloved hands behind her head, relaxation hitting home nicely.

Safe to say, Jyuuki might have been grateful for the weight loss.

It was like, Slim-Fast.

On steroids.

Anyway, the former ninja had to stop and take her fellow employee's words to heart at that moment, as she looked back at their new barroommate. 'Hm... she seems fine. She probably doesn't want to load us down or something... BAH stubbornness all around!' Jyuuki inner thoughts sort of imploded on themselves sometimes, as she would sometimes argue with herself about other people. Her hazel eyes traced the girls form, eying her slouched posture, and the ragged breathing.

Hey hey.

No, she wasn't doing that kind of observation.

No.

She was a ninja, she observed before she STRIKES.

Though, in this case, she would be doing quite the opposite.

Nevertheless, Jyuuki kept her eyes on the Elvaan girl. She knew how to refuse help all the time (seriously how many times does she have to say she didn't need surgery? The internal bleeding was a lie!) So, the ninja just held off asking if the Elvaan girl needed help. 'She's probably filled up to the top of her pointy ears with devotion and gratitude...'

Jyuuki would just wait till the Elvaan girl (maybe) passed out.

That way no blubberings of "ohmygawsh thank you"s or "please have my first born"'s or anything else she had planned this day, would be shoved into their brains.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 3 2008, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I nodded quickly at Jyuuki's question, and hurried as best I could to keep up with her.

"My name is Raven, and it's great to meet you Jyuuki," I said, with a quiet smile as I mouthed her name quietly to myself, as I continued to follow behind the two older teens.

She had a pretty name. So did Shihna. And they were all letting me stay! I would finally have somewhere that I could call...home...after being without one for so long.

I felt a happy grin tug at the corners of my mouth...something that hadn't happened in a very looong time, and I quickly scampered after my two new roomates, as Jyuuki continued to lead the way.

She tried the 2 syllable on her tongue before releasing it into the wild. "Raven huh? Nice. Too bad I'm that girl you know that changes names cos she can. So yeah, great to meetcha too Ravie," Jyuuki grinned at that. The name sounded better with a -ie at the end.

And no, don't get her wrong.

She wasn't -ieing all her friends to start her own brain child pousse.

Course not!

Lookit Jyon!

...Wherever he is.

Raven

The name was different in her opinion, and basically seemed perfect for the young Elvaan behind her. Plus, as an added bonus, Shihna adored the sound of it. "...Raven, that's a lovely name~" She said with a smile before beginning to hurry up with her steps. Her legs may be in pain, but it didn't mean that she had to take this long to patch themselves up - from what her clouded mind could recall, the room was right there!

"Now if only we could figure out a good name for Cid's vein, you know? Jyuu, didn't we give it a name before... like when we first started working here? Do you remember it?"

And then there was laughter, and yet... that name was still on the tip of her tongue. What was it?!

Jyuuki snickered as she walked through their bedroom door where the expanse of a two floored bachelorette pad met them, the smells all things girly (sugar, spice, and sweat everything nice) erupted in their nostrils.

Pleasant odors, odors that made the two employees high with homey snug fluffy feelings.

And now three!

"Heh, good times those were. Us bar virgins and all! Hehhehehehe... " Jyuuki pondered as she ran a hand through her mussed hair as she made her way towards their bathroom, first-aid kit and supplies in one of the many compartments her target. She searched through all the junk (body lotion and bullets amongst the closest to her vision as of that moment) and, with success, found and snatched up the major healing supplies in her arms. They could've easily just used healing materia, but they had time to naturally rest up-- it was a waste.

Yes, Jyuuki believed that she would be asked by a group of kickawesome travelers to go on an epic journey to save a kingdom in peril one day.

Shut up.

Anyway she walked out of the bathroom to Shihna helping Raven to one of the huge couches in their mini living room area and a sigh escaped them both as seated themselves. 'Hmph, damn liars. I knew they were hiding their body fail! Geh.' Jyuuki squinted at them momentarily before grinning at the fact she'd been right and making her over to them. "Oh and Cid's vein? Crap Shihn, I don't even knows. Was it Fredrick or somethin? Not Fredrick. That name is awesome. Yeah no, it was something so... horrible. Like a name that would license a kid to be mocked forever..."

Jyuuki snickered to herself.

Poor Cid.

Hahah, not really.

"Anyway, while you think 'bout it, I'mma get Ravie here patched up. She was a runner this time around-- adrenaline must be shot to smithereenies I bet." Jyuuki leaned forward and started check out the bruises and scrapes on her arms before looking up into their Elvaan co-worker's eyes, pouting abit. "Okay Raves, I'm gonna ask you somethin' real simple mkay? And don't lie. Trust me, it ain't a problem to patch you up. Where are you hurt, exactly?"

#83 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

OOC: Pokes Cid.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#84 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Dec 7 2008, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She tried the 2 syllable on her tongue before releasing it into the wild. "Raven huh? Nice. Too bad I'm that girl you know that changes names cos she can. So yeah, great to meetcha too Ravie," Jyuuki grinned at that. The name sounded better with a -ie at the end.

I mouthed my new nickname, and tasted the sound of it on the tip of my tongue, before looking back over at Jyuuki, and giving her a grin.

"I like it. Thanks for that. Do you mind if I give you one as well...and also one for Shihna? Hmm, I think that I would like to call you Jyu and you Shin. Is that alright? Would those names work for you both?" I asked, as I gave them both hopeful stares.

Jyuuki snickered as she walked through their bedroom door where the expanse of a two floored bachelorette pad met them, the smells all things girly (sugar, spice, and sweat everything nice) erupted in their nostrils.

As I walked into what would be my new room, I couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement as I looked around, and saw how spacious, nice, and wonderful smelling it all was. My room on the Sky Pirate ship hadn't been bad, but it hadn't been all that big either, as on a pirate ship one had to always be careful of how much space was used, as we needed room to stash our loot, and house the rest of the pirate crew.

I had already fallen in love with my new room, and these wonderful people who had so willingly taken me in.

Anyway she walked out of the bathroom to Shihna helping Raven to one of the huge couches in their mini living room area and a sigh escaped them both as seated themselves. 'Hmph, damn liars. I knew they were hiding their body fail! Geh.' Jyuuki squinted at them momentarily before grinning at the fact she'd been right and making her over to them.

"Anyway, while you think 'bout it, I'mma get Ravie here patched up. She was a runner this time around-- adrenaline must be shot to smithereenies I bet." Jyuuki leaned forward and started check out the bruises and scrapes on her arms before looking up into their Elvaan co-worker's eyes, pouting abit. "Okay Raves, I'm gonna ask you somethin' real simple mkay? And don't lie. Trust me, it ain't a problem to patch you up. Where are you hurt, exactly?"

I tried to avoid looking into Jyu's light hazel-green eyes, because I was worried that she would see the pain that I had been trying to mask in my own emerald green-eyed depths.

I quickly averted my gaze as she continued to look at me, waiting for a truthful reply, and I finally just released a defeated sigh and slowly raised the side of my top, to reveal a mottled mess of dark purple and blue bruises that completely covered the side of my stomach.

I winced a little as the fabric of my shirt brushed against the side of the bruising, as I was lifting it up and away, and I raised my green eyes to stare back into Jyu's.

"My ribs...I wasn't quite fast enough one of the times those goons cornered me, and one of them got a good kick in. My ribs aren't broken or anything like that...just bruised...a little," I said, before once again averting my eyes from Jyu.

I absolutely, above anything else, hated to appear weak before others. Especially others who had just kicked ass in defense of me. I really wanted to show to them that I wasn't going to be a burden to them, and that I could hold my own.

And so I just bit my bottom lip, and did my best to ignore the pain that each breath sometimes brought me, as air passed through my lungs, expanding and contracting my bruised ribcage.

~~~

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Dec 10 2008, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OOC- and here comes my grand entrance

"No...it couldn't be...could it?" He blinked, "It's been at two years..." He gave the bartender a look to signal he'd be back, and took a few steps over to the table. He stopped at a reasonable distance, and spoke, "Jyuuki???"

(OOC - ... o.o

Wow Denim...you actually took your 'not reading other people's posts properly' to a whole new level. Have you even attempted to read anything that has happened in this rp so far? huh.gif

Ferrumo scanned the room for a moment, taking in the rather noisy and lively scenery. He let a small grin cross his face. He needed this...peace...enjoyment...a social atmosphere...

Like this...a noisy, lively, peaceful, social atmosphere...is kind of impossible right now, as the bar is kind of half destroyed due to a massive, epic, fun bar brawl that just happened.

Ferrumo continued to scan the room until his eyes stopped on a particular person...a woman...

"No...it couldn't be...could it?" He blinked, "It's been at two years..." He gave the bartender a look to signal he'd be back, and took a few steps over to the table. He stopped at a reasonable distance, and spoke, "Jyuuki???"

*This* is also fairly impossible to be happening, as Jyuuki is kind of in her shared room, helping to patch up her fellow bar mates, which was all stated right in the post above your intro post ._.

It was a good intro post, and I like your new charry, but dude...you gotta pay attention to what's going on in the rest of the rp, otherwise you completely waste a good intro post...like you just did tongue.gif )

#85 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

OOC: My apologies on that previous post...this is my second shot at it. Hope no one was too bothered by that sweatdrop.gif

Ferrumo never really considered himself much of a war-lover. He was good with a bow and knife though, hence the reason he was made a hunter for the Republic army.

The young man of 20 had been given orders from his platoon commander to take a mandatory break until further notice. He suspected it was because of the fact that Ferrumo was finding sleep hard to come by, and he was usually one of the guys in the group who had killed more of the Imperial ground troops than anyone else....

...like it was stated, he was good with a bow and knife...

Ferrumo had heard of a quaint little tavern/airship deal somewhere, run by a man named Cid. One of this fellow platoon-mates had informed him of the place. As such, Ferrumo decided to pay the place a visit...he could use a good glass of liquid-amnesia to ease his mind from the war...he had only been fighting the war for three years...and he had already felt like he aged ten years...

Ferrumo took his little personal transport on a docking bay by the said bar, and parked it. He needed to stop and restock on supplies anyway. Maybe someone at the bar would know a good location?

Ferrumo got out of his small craft, and started towards the bar. He was just about to open the doors when he noticed something. A sign on the door with the words 'Closed~Sorry for the inconvenience!' was in front of him. He grumbled something along the lines of Amaterasu having a horrid sense of humor, and looked through the windows.

He raised an eyebrow, "...what the hell happened here? Bar-fight?" He noted three men were in the tavern...and he swore he saw another two or more guys tied up...

"I guess I was right..." Ferrumo decided maybe he'd just stop and ask for directions to a supply shop and be on his way. The desert-oasis areas had nice looking Mithra anyway...maybe that'd be a good place to kick back for awhile...

Ferrumo walked over to the front door, and knocked twice before speaking, "Excuse me?! Hey, I know the place is closed, but if it were possible, I was wondering if there was a place around here to get supplies! I'm sort of in need of weaponry!"

He only hoped that there were no Imperial troops around the area. Ferrumo had already had three encounters with B-ranked Imperial Snipers. Apparently word had gotten around of the man's reputation. He'd nearly lost his life with the second sniper...the scar on his face showed it.

He knocked again, determined now to get some help. He didn't know these parts very well. Surely someone would help him...right? Right?

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#86 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

(OOC - Oooo, I like this intro a lot better, as it's full of more details about your new charry. Nice :3

Now to wait for someone else to actually start posting to this RP again XD )

#87 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:22 PM

(OOC:Oh geez, sorry guys, RPing completely slipped out of my mind. I'd read the posts but nothing pops up sometimes so...)

Cid took a look at Roron, "Yeah, what do you want? You're not gonna pick a fight are ya? We have enough chaos for one day thank you very much." He sat down to the counter and watched the apparently sober soldier try to repair everything with duct tape. "God, business'll be down for a few days while we clean this place out...."

Hearing a knock, he yelled back to the girls, "SOMEBODY GET IT!"

(better? sweatdrop.gif)

#88 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 10 2008, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(OOC:Oh geez, sorry guys, RPing completely slipped out of my mind. I'd read the posts but nothing pops up sometimes so...)

OOC: No big, it happens to the best of us.

Cid took a look at Roron, "Yeah, what do you want? You're not gonna pick a fight are ya? We have enough chaos for one day thank you very much." He sat down to the counter and watched the apparently sober soldier try to repair everything with duct tape. "God, business'll be down for a few days while we clean this place out...."

"As I explained to your young employee," Ronon replied with a slight chuckle, "I've been looking for you in regards to a business arrangement I had in mind....a partnership of sorts," he paused as he thought for a moment, "as they say, a picture is worth, well the number varies depending on the version, but its worth a lot of words. So, if you wouldn't mind stepping outside with me, I can show you faster than I can explain."

Bending to scoop up the tranq gun Cid hadn't caught for some reason and slipping into a pocket he glanced towards the door when he heard Ferrumo's knocks.

"Such a place is closer than he knows," Archer thought as he allowed a knowing half-smile to slide onto his features.

(better? sweatdrop.gif)

OOC: Lol...'Roron'?

@Denim: Sweet intro, dude.

#89 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Dec 11 2008, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bending to scoop up the tranq gun Cid hadn't caught for some reason and slipping into a pocket he glanced towards the door when he heard Ferrumo's knocks.

(OOC - Uh, how does Archer know that it's Ferrumo who's knocking? XD )

#90 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

(OOC: My bad Abel sweatdrop.gif.... And I think Abel's just saying that the character, Ferrumo, is knocking, not the fact that Ronon knows it's Ferrumo that's knocking)

#91 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 11 2008, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(OOC: My bad Abel sweatdrop.gif.... And I think Abel's just saying that the character, Ferrumo, is knocking, not the fact that Ronon knows it's Ferrumo that's knocking)

(OOC - I know that's what he's saying :rolleyes:
I was just pointing out the error to him. )

#92 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 11 2008, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(OOC - Uh, how does Archer know that it's Ferrumo who's knocking? XD )
QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 11 2008, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 11 2008, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(OOC - I know that's what he's saying :rolleyes:
I was just pointing out the error to him. )

OOC: I'm not sure if the terminology is correct, but I write in the style that, I think, is known as third person narrative (lol, makes me wish I remembered more from my English classes). As such, my posts will sometimes include things that I, as the writer, know, but not necessarily known to the character(s) being written about. Thus, by including mention of the name of Denim's character, I indicated direction and seperated it from any possible other knocking-like noises (like, for example, sounds made by pieces of wood settling after the fight).

@Shadow: No big.

#93 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Dec 12 2008, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As such, my posts will sometimes include things that I, as the writer, know, but not necessarily known to the character(s) being written about.

(OOC - That's a pretty weird way to write and RP, as unless your character has future reading capabilities, making them able to *know* who or what is happening *before* it is properly introduced in a story, doesn't really make much sense to me. But to each his own writing style, I guess happy.gif )

#94 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 10 2008, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I quickly averted my gaze as she continued to look at me, waiting for a truthful reply, and I finally just released a defeated sigh and slowly raised the side of my top, to reveal a mottled mess of dark purple and blue bruises that completely covered the side of my stomach.

I winced a little as the fabric of my shirt brushed against the side of the bruising, as I was lifting it up and away, and I raised my green eyes to stare back into Jyu's.

"My ribs...I wasn't quite fast enough one of the times those goons cornered me, and one of them got a good kick in. My ribs aren't broken or anything like that...just bruised...a little," I said, before once again averting my eyes from Jyu.

And so I just bit my bottom lip, and did my best to ignore the pain that each breath sometimes brought me, as air passed through my lungs, expanding and contracting my bruised ribcage.

~~~

Jyuuki knew then and there the type of girl Raven was.

Raven was the one that would hide things so not to worry others. She was the one to bite her tongue, bite back her screams, anything to resist succumbing. She was the one to go through all costs of cognito to not be that burden.

The former ninja knew this because she's done this.

Oh~ had she'd done this.

So, safe to say, Jyuuki wasn't exactly justified to scold anybody at the moment.

The bartender's hazel eyes took in the blotchy purple mess of bruised ribs infront of her knowingly and without a word but a good-natured scoff deep in her throat and a small grin, Jyuuki leaned back and lifted up her own vest.

She revealed her own similar bruised up purple mess of tanned skin there.

"Well well well! Looks like we're twins for the afternoon huh? The only difference is..." The relaxed teen replied, before sliding down the side of her vest again, and placing her elbows on her bent knees. She leaned forward and smirked before smacking Raven's injury lightly, which elicted a small surprised yelp in response. "... I'm the only one that gets to hide these suckers-- not you. 'Specially since you're new and all, ya can't go around hiding somethin' like this."

No doubt there'd be some punishment from the new discovery from the new meat. A little smack every once and awhile would be the BEST reminder of this sort of thing. The sort of thing that would definitely pass the message of "DON'T LIE" to their new roommate.

Mmm, what a way to initiate the new meat. Jyuuki wasn't one for hazing and all that (not her scene, and it sucked when it happened to you) but this opportunity was too glaring and Ohai-pickme!-ish to pass. Seriously and this was a special case. As she'd said above, Jyuuki didn't want her to lie. But she had, so in this case karma would be the working agent here-- not her.

Jyuuki snickered before reaching behind her for a rubbing potion she'd picked up with Shihna a few months back. The bar fights had been getting recent and routine during that time-- for some reason most of their rowdier customers had been edgy and antsy. And this made the bartender-waitresses both edgy and antsy. Thus chaos ensured and so had a few broken bones and bruised bodies. Either way it was good to have this healing stuff in stock, you never know what could happen.

Miss Bruised-Ribs McLiarPants was a prime example of that.

"Heh, either way though ya don't have to worry about your injury making us lose interest or see ya as a disappointment even after day one. It's inspite of your injury that makes us like you-- it shows us that you can take a punch and keep on gettin' up. I really respect that. Hell, I welcome that." The auburn haired ninja spoke warmly as she applied the necessary procedure on Raven's ribs, rubbing the soothing mixture slowly unto the blotches then after, the bandage wrapping. She continued her voice slowly gaining a serious tone, "what makes us lose respect for you though? It's when you hide it."

Jyuuki finished with Raven's injury but didn't lean back. She kept forward on her knees and murmured lightly but seriously. "Raven. Seriously. Don't hide. We'll find out, okay? And don't think that it's okay cos I do it-- I've gotten the blunt of the stick with Shihn and the Old Man before-- why I still do it? I can't help it. Surprise surprise: I was taught too, so I ignoring it is reflex." No doubt the memories of enduring such punishment/training from her grandfather swam in her mind, nevertheless her eyes gained a sense of their mutual understanding with the younger girl. Jyuuki placed a gloved hand on Raven's shoulder and slightly squeezed, before smirking again and backing off.

"You on the otherhand, are new to the whole beez-neez. That in mind, the hazing won't hurt--" Jyuuki smacked Raven's ribs, which were probably deciding that they'd rather be donated than endure anymore, again and laughed abit, "--much!"

Still snickering, Jyuuki got up and faced Shihna, noticing that the girl was relaxing like she was the Queen of all-- though the pained expression was evident. "And now you, Madam Cripple-- let's see what I can do for ya."

As she worked on her frenemy partner in crack's legs, Jyuuki looked over her shoulder about to ask something that had been bugging her about their new co-worker for awhile then. Like what she was doing there? Why she was there? How come she was alone?

"Ah So--"
QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 10 2008, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only Cid.

Growling Jyuuki grinded her teeth before facing the door, "I'M BUSY PLAYIN NURSE! YOU GET IT, YA OLD FART! YOUR WHEELCHAIR CAN'T BE THAT FAR!"

Really.

Some people could be so rude!

(OOC:
@shadkun -- no need to apologize XDD peeps are busy. it's understandable-- it's just your character is a huge asset to this thread, kinda the boss of things here. just sayin :teehee:

@abel's rpstyle -- i also find it kinda confusing. not like it's anything bad or anything, it's just kind of impossible for you to know what's happening everywhere-- it's like you're switching from 3rd person POV (that's popularly used for RPs) to an all knowing omniscient 3rd person POV (like storytellers) either way, imo, it feels sorta like announcer/godmodding sorta kinda. >w> )

#95 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Dec 12 2008, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Growling Jyuuki grinded her teeth before facing the door, "I'M BUSY PLAYIN NURSE! YOU GET IT, YA OLD FART! YOUR WHEELCHAIR CAN'T BE THAT FAR!"

Really.

Ferrumo raised an eyebrow as he heard someone shouting rather loudly...sounded vaguely familiar...

The hunter leaned against the wall of the building, grumbling something about people not being that helpful in 'this day and age'...which was quite funny since Ferrumo was harldy old enough to say such things. He took out a small hunting knife and used it to pick at a hangnail on his thumb.

"...wonder if they're just testing my patience and letting me sit out here..." Ferrumo thought aloud as he put away the knife. He looked at the time on his watch. Three minutes since he knocked...

"...they must be testing me..." He concluded, although part of him thought they just weren't that willing to open the door. Oh well, not like he was in a rush to be anywhere.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#96 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

Senor Veino (as he's taken to calling it) popped up again...."Ah goddamn it.... 'Scuse me." he said to the businessman in front of him as he stood up towards the door. Well he couldn't blame them, they did have a newbie to nurse.

He opened the door to let the young man in, "Come in, don't cause any trouble" He glared at the stranger

(OOC: About Abel's style, I think it's a mix of traditional story telling 3rd Person Omniscient with RolePlaying mixed in. He switch from being his character to a narration of his own post I think....)

#97 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 12 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Senor Veino (as he's taken to calling it) popped up again...."Ah goddamn it.... 'Scuse me." he said to the businessman in front of him as he stood up towards the door. Well he couldn't blame them, they did have a newbie to nurse.

He opened the door to let the young man in, "Come in, don't cause any trouble" He glared at the stranger

Ferrumo walked in and gave a nod to the barkeeper, "Thanks sir." Ferrumo took a seat by a table, and just let out a sigh. He could tell there was other things the man had to attend to.

He needed a drink, "Excuse, barkeep, if you don't mind, could I have a Jack Daniel's? On the rocks?" He gave a small grin, "Don't worry, I've got the money to pay..." He hesitated before continuing, "...also...um, you don't happen to know a place where I can get supplies, do you? Weaponry? Ship-repair tools? That sort of thing?"

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#98 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:50 AM

He was quite amazed, a young man walks in, ignores the chaos, and then sits down and orders a Jack Daniels, quite politely too. "Uh," he blinked, "none that I can think off." he answered closing the door. "I can give ya alcohol, but no supplies, you're gonna have to go to the cities for that." He said, giving the kid the drink. "So, Mr. Businessman, what sort of partnership do you want? Tell me while I'm cleaning, I'm more focused that way." He returned to the broom as he swept the broken glass aside. "Thank whatever god there is for garbage cans with bottom flaps...oh wait, it's one of the girls that did that..." He whispered to himself. Hey, there were usually bar fights and it gets painful cleaning glass bottles....

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 13 December 2008 - 12:52 AM.

#99 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 10 2008, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I absolutely, above anything else, hated to appear weak before others. Especially others who had just kicked ass in defense of me. I really wanted to show to them that I wasn't going to be a burden to them, and that I could hold my own.

Shihna could only smile with a full extent of melancholy upon her face, just from overhearing the condition Raven was in... proved what type of person this Elvaan was.

Besides the absolute truth of being a trooper, Raven was the type that reminded Shihna of her younger self. The one who in fact would hide all forms of their own issues...so they would not worry others around them. The former thief had no idea why, but it brought such a distasteful feeling to her mouth; for someone to believe they were a burden, when they were far away from such a title... it brought such a feeling to her chest. Yes, Shihna truly remembered that period in her life time.

When she was the one who hid both physical and mental pain from those who tried to help.

Like Jyuuki, Shihna was going to make sure that Raven did not make the same mistakes she did by attempting such motives. It was never going to get you anywhere, just a continuous pattern of hurt and conflicts...

That might just leave you with permanent shackles at your hands, feet and wings.

Although, just the thought of what those guys had prepared to do with Raven caused a sudden motion of grinding teeth, and flared senses. Now the bar fights around these parts had flourished into that of a great percent, which caused the upbringing of different kinds of characters. Each possessing a different motive, but all of them determined to screw up this supposedly 'peaceful' airship one way or another. There were the times she and Jyuuki dealt with the occasional woman but then there were the pigs who pledged their repulsive souls to trying to pick up women with the worst of lines, and the dirtiest of plans. And that, my friend, was something Shihna could not stand one bit. To see a man harrassing a woman with the vow to have her dangling over his shoulder hours later--- sent her into a frenzy of rants.

The last time something that 'serious' took place, Shihna kicked him out with both hands broken. Since it seemed he truly did enjoy using his hands to make his move, the nineteen year old believed that was the best good-day-to-you present. Don't you agree?

"You should listen to her, Raven~ There's no need to keep the shackles attached to your wings." A soft reply escaped her lips while she continued to listen to what Jyuuki had to say about keeping secrets here. There was no way anyone would be able to hide something from someone in this airship - that was basicaly impossible. "Ya'see, we're all a family here... and hiding away the truth wouldn't help so much, now would it? I mean, even if you were to try and hide something... we'd figure it out that easily." Her laugh was a bit torn at the moment, still reminscing about things of the past, but just overlooking what Jyuuki was doing to the poor girl placed a smile on that straight face.

The light slaps were alright now, but Shihna had to make sure Jyuuki didn't get too out of hand.

Oh yes. Jyuuki's even done that one before.

"Jyu, be careful with her... Let Ravie relax for the time being. We all need a break from the craziness," she chuckled. Scanning about her own body for serious bruises, Shihna only realized that the impulses from her insides were radiating in the muscles of her legs, basically cursing her out and screaming bloody murder for assistance. She would be able to walk around a little while longer (about 20 minutes or so), before the limbs actually gave out for the day, so Shihna made sure she would nurse her poor legs back to care.

It were these two legs that helped her when it came to random performances in the bar. "But it doesn't get any better than this, now does it?" Just thinking about the misadventures Cid's Bar faced during their time as employees here was something of a remarkable feat. Besides the countless fights and drunks that make their way through these doors, a family was born among the owner and his dynfunctional workers - no matter how much they seem to never get along. Minus the yelling, namecalling, and acting as if they posssesed the minds of four year olds, this airship would stick together come hell or high water.

And with a new member to their family, it was getting better by the minute.

QUOTE (krisk @ Dec 12 2008, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still snickering, Jyuuki got up and faced Shihna, noticing that the girl was relaxing like she was the Queen of all-- though the pained expression was evident. "And now you, Madam Cripple-- let's see what I can do for ya."

As she worked on her frenemy partner in crack's legs, Jyuuki looked over her shoulder about to ask something that had been bugging her about their new co-worker for awhile then. Like what she was doing there? Why she was there? How come she was alone?

"Ah So--"

Madam Cripple.

She was going to let that one slide because of the treatment she was receiving from Jyuuki, which reminded her to keep a note to repay her back for this. However Cid's sudden shouting (the Old Man's been quiet for awhile now, it was JUST getting good!) and the faint knocking against the somewhat destroyed 'entrance', caused something to nearly snap in Shihna's head. She truly could not believe that Cid was actually asking them to answer the door at the moment.

Only Cid.

ONLY CID!

It wasn't much of a surprise about Jyuuki's reaction, especially when the door to their room was open. Rather than plugging her ears close with her index fingers, the thief could only laugh at the shoutout she was making for Cid. And if he didn't get the message, she would surely join in herself.

Basic rules of the 'Who-does-What' within in bar.

Really.

The remark and expression upon Jyuuki's face kept that smile up until Shihna's ears caught onto the three extra minutes of knocking from downstairs. Didn't this customer -or whoever it was- know how to read?! There was a sign written in bold letters (with one of those Sharpie markers little kids make such a deal about), that simply stated that the Bar was closed until further notice... I mean, Shihna even made the sign just weeks before. Because the usual scenario of someone walking in when it looked like the Devil himself had come for a drink... wasn't that pretty.

"...Is he really that lazy..."

Growling to herself, Shihna jumped up not caring about what her legs said to her at the moment. Making her way towards the door, her left hand took hold of the knob before picking up the voice of someone unfamiliar. It seemed he was asking for Weaponry and Ship-repair tools... there was no way this unknown voice was going to get her stash of items in said category. She spent countless days stalking down different airships, kingdoms and cities just to get basically all of her belongings - and it wasn't that easy.

Although catching on to what Jyuuki was beginning to say, her hand still placed at the door before she called out to the people below. Cid should be able to preoccupy the guys down there until they were finished up here. She guessed, and hoped.

"OLD MAN! Think you can keep these guests of ours busy until... further notice?! Do something talented like when the kiddies come to visit--- I dunno, something! We're preoccupied up here with matters of our own, and Jyuu's still adminstering her version of ER, YOU GOT THAT?!" Her volume not as loud as Jyuuki's but close to it, Shihna shut their door with a hurried slam.

And now, maybe some questions could be answered...

Edited by Sakura~Kitsune, 13 December 2008 - 06:42 AM.

tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#100 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 12 2008, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(OOC - That's a pretty weird way to write and RP, as unless your character has future reading capabilities, making them able to *know* who or what is happening *before* it is properly introduced in a story, doesn't really make much sense to me. But to each his own writing style, I guess happy.gif )
QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 12 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(OOC: About Abel's style, I think it's a mix of traditional story telling 3rd Person Omniscient with RolePlaying mixed in. He switch from being his character to a narration of his own post I think....)

OOC: Simply put, I write as an outside observer to events and not a direct participant.

@Krisk: That's actually one of the types of 3rd person writing...so I just did a Wikipedia search. Based on what I've read, the correct name for my style is 'third-person subjective' (aka, the 'over the shoulder' form).

http://en.wikipedia...._narrative_mode

@All: Still, if anyone continues to find my style confusing, let me know and I'll try to change it to make it less so.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 12 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ronon nods in acknowledgement of Cid's statement and moves as well, only in his case to right the pieces of intact funiture that had toppled during the fight. As he did so, he made sure to note the location of as many fragments of the damaged funiture so he would know what went with what later.

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Dec 12 2008, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ferrumo walked in and gave a nod to the barkeeper, "Thanks sir." Ferrumo took a seat by a table, and just let out a sigh. He could tell there was other things the man had to attend to.

He needed a drink, "Excuse, barkeep, if you don't mind, could I have a Jack Daniel's? On the rocks?" He gave a small grin, "Don't worry, I've got the money to pay..." He hesitated before continuing, "...also...um, you don't happen to know a place where I can get supplies, do you? Weaponry? Ship-repair tools? That sort of thing?"

Ronon snorted as he supressed a laugh.

A smile on his face, he said, "Actually, that's part of the business proposal I came here to talk to Cid about."

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 12 2008, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He was quite amazed, a young man walks in, ignores the chaos, and then sits down and orders a Jack Daniels, quite politely too. "Uh," he blinked, "none that I can think off." he answered closing the door. "I can give ya alcohol, but no supplies, you're gonna have to go to the cities for that." He said, giving the kid the drink. "So, Mr. Businessman, what sort of partnership do you want? Tell me while I'm cleaning, I'm more focused that way." He returned to the broom as he swept the broken glass aside. "Thank whatever god there is for garbage cans with bottom flaps...oh wait, it's one of the girls that did that..." He whispered to himself. Hey, there were usually bar fights and it gets painful cleaning glass bottles....

Shrugging as he righted another chair, Archer replied, "Part of what I wanted to show you outside was my half of the arrangement I'm proposing," he paused as he scanned the room for a good sized window, "As I told him," he gestures at Ferrumo, "my airship happens to specialize in the more mechanical side of things...she's what I wanted to show you, by the way...though there's also a rather large number of cargo bays full of stock for other things as well. My proposal is this: you wine and dine the customers here while I take care of their 'toys', shall we say, in one of my hangers. We can even dock your ship with mine or keep them seperate and charge people to be taxied back and forth...your choice on that. So, what do you think?"

Archer watched as Cid swept the glass up.

"Even if he says no," he thought, "the least I can do is help them finish cleaning up the place."

Even though he hadn't been involved in the ruckus that caused the mess, it wasn't his way not to leave on a pleasent note and he felt helping clean up would help him do so in this case.

"Oh," Archer continued, "and by the way, I'm thinking your staff might need a potion or two and mayhaps an ether after a brawl as this must have been...unless you have an objection to that."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users