Close
Photo

Cid's Bar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

#61 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:24 AM

((OOC: Now happy?. You guy's post are so big another person can't really put anything in between. Meh. C'est la vie.)

Mou... His head hurt. He looked up and saw the ceeling, wow. Nice wood there. Then he smelt battle sweat, after years in battle you smell that better than anything. He looked around for his rifle but all he saw was the demolition around. A dude with googles laying there pinned by that ddrinking girl.

"What in the hec happened here." He asked
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#62 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:53 AM

Cid looked at the ex(not that he believed that) thief in front of him. Oh damn, she had that look, she pulled it so well too... No, he had to...oh kitten it. "Fine, fine. Don't let me see it though." Cid turned his back on Shinha, spotting the drunkard who managed to fall asleep through the whole chaos. "Eh, nothing much, three perverts barged in, bar-fight, you know the whole deal.

He heard Jyu pounce on someone and turned around, expecting another fight, but saw the calm exterior of the man. "Jyu, put 'im down..."

#63 Pite

Pite

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 27 2008, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cid looked at the ex(not that he believed that) thief in front of him. Oh damn, she had that look, she pulled it so well too... No, he had to...oh kitten it. "Fine, fine. Don't let me see it though." Cid turned his back on Shinha, spotting the drunkard who managed to fall asleep through the whole chaos. "Eh, nothing much, three perverts barged in, bar-fight, you know the whole deal.

"Wow. Second time this happened. Last time I missed the battle in Nova Scotiala. It was good nap though." He said while putting himself together. He looked at Jyuu... 'Seems like she's angry like they all are. Eh... Life' He picked up his chair and sat down. "So what actually happened. I remember some woman coming here asking for help and then... Darkness."

#64 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 27 2008, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He heard Jyu pounce on someone and turned around, expecting another fight, but saw the calm exterior of the man. "Jyu, put 'im down..."

When Cid's tone got like that, Jyuuki knew that even his vein wouldn't take to being laughed at.

That tone? It was all serious business.

Her hazel eyes never left the guy's (who was currently being pressed against the wall before her) visible eye as she replied, "No way, Cid. I'm at the end of my rope with these dudes. Seriously, butt out with this one, kay?" Sure her tone was disrespectful at the time, but the former ninja couldn't help it; Jyuuki was never one to give respect so easily, and during tense situations like the present, you couldn't blame her for her icy exterior.

She ground out more ice in Eyepatch's face while directing all of it towards the old bar-owner. "Tell ya what? After I'm done with this guy, me and Shihna will do our necessary checking for stolen valuables on the thugs. Then, go ahead and call the cops-- right now, just sit tight. This won't take long."

The bartender's eyes bore into Eyepatch's one, as she leaned in once more, venom on her lips.

"Well?"

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Nov 27 2008, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The look in Archer's visible eye was one of amusement as he replied, with a slight chuckle to his voice.

"You'll find my card in your back pocket, young lady," he told her.

Well that was peculiar. His reaction hadn't been the one she was expecting and surely it wasn't new. She'd dealt with egotistic jerks before that merely didn't take her seriously in the past, so Jyuuki wasn't caught completely off-guard.

But his request?

What?

"My...backpocket?" For one thing, the location was one that made her want to rage on a free-for-all and make his face unrecognizable coupled taking away his ability to be "a man." For real, who does that? This guy was probably way older than her, by maybe a good 20 years. If he wasn't bluffing with this card thing, that means his damn hand had been near her rear. This deduction made Jyuuki sneer and glare even more deadly. But nonetheless she complied.

"Fine. But don't try any funny biznus." The cautious teen then, raised her right arm and pressed it harshly over his neck, causing him to gasp but still breathe, only incarcerated. Like she was gonna trust him now that he'd been near her ass.

Jyuuki kept on glaring at her guest warily, as she reached behind her with her other hand and pulled out a small, white business card, with gold script written on one side.

"Mind if I take my googles off now?" he inquired as he looked at the girl through the polarized lense in front of his visible eye.

As she read, the man had the nerve to ask one of the most unnecessary questions, considering the situation, in which Jyuuki replied without even thinking, her eyes still on the card, "No."

She lifted her head and met his gaze once more.

"Ronon Archer, Jack-Of-All-Trades', huh?" The young teen growled out, still holding the man with one arm as she held up the card to read, "Alright Mister Archer, what are you doing here then? If you're a man of so many talents, just what hobby are you partaking in today and why here of all places, if I may inquire."

She didn't ask how he'd gotten it where she'd found it.

That day wasn't a day for more bloodshed.

(OOC @ Pite: and dude, it's not that our posts are hugetastic that causes peeps to fall behind, cos seriously? Our posts just tell of our character's thoughts and stuff about a situation, it doesn't really MOVE time and space. That has nothing to do with it. The reason you didn't get to fight is cos you weren't there that night-- all that happened during one night. So don't wank all over us, mkay? We work hard on our posts.)

#65 Pite

Pite

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:57 AM

(OOC @ Pite: and dude, it's not that our posts are hugetastic that causes peeps to fall behind, cos seriously? Our posts just tell of our character's thoughts and stuff about a situation, it doesn't really MOVE time and space. That has nothing to do with it. The reason you didn't get to fight is cos you weren't there that night-- all that happened during one night. So don't wank all over us, mkay? We work hard on our posts.)

((OOC: No offence but I'm just saing that they are huge and I understand that you're trying to convey most of your thoughs and emotions, action etc. And Do not think that I do not acknowledge that you do large posts. Or work hard on them. Never said that))

#66 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (Pite @ Dec 1 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
((OOC: No offence but I'm just saing that they are huge and I understand that you're trying to convey most of your thoughs and emotions, action etc. And Do not think that I do not acknowledge that you do large posts. Or work hard on them. Never said that))

(OOC: LOL oh meh whatever, no harm done. i did sound kinda condescending in that reply up there and only cause i understand the need to tell a story. i really enjoy putting myself into the post. BUT AGAIN WHATEVER. I'M NOT MAD XDDDD ILU PITEY. no offense taken! and truly? sucks that you missed the fight-- but trust me, Abel's planned some stuff with Shad that'll allow us to interact way moar.

and don't forget about the drinking battle. we aint done with that yet. ;D)

#67 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:15 AM

Seriously, the bar was in ruins because of the brawl earlier, he did not want any trouble again. "This is gonna cost me...." Cid grumbled as he took out the mop from under the counter and began mopping the floor. "Thank the gods business was slow. Shin, put the closed sign in the front door, we have work to do. Have the Elvaan get first dibs on any...valuables she wants to...liberate from those thugs. Maybe a swift kick in their hoo-has would do her good too." Cid said as he swept the cleaned the floor. "And for gods sakes, calm down Jyuuki!" He added in an exasperated tone, honestly, that girl's more hot-headed than a wet chocobo sometimes.

#68 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:47 AM

OOC: @Krisk: *Rubs hands together* This is going to be fun. Lol, I didn't see that reaction from you...caught me by surprise and gave me a good chuckle.

@Pite: Don't worry if your posts aren't as long as those by some of the other RPers. In my experience, each RPer has his or her own style that suits them best.

IC:
QUOTE (krisk @ Dec 1 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When Cid's tone got like that, Jyuuki knew that even his vein wouldn't take to being laughed at.

That tone? It was all serious business.

Her hazel eyes never left the guy's (who was currently being pressed against the wall before her) visible eye as she replied, "No way, Cid. I'm at the end of my rope with these dudes. Seriously, butt out with this one, kay?" Sure her tone was disrespectful at the time, but the former ninja couldn't help it; Jyuuki was never one to give respect so easily, and during tense situations like the present, you couldn't blame her for her icy exterior.

She ground out more ice in Eyepatch's face while directing all of it towards the old bar-owner. "Tell ya what? After I'm done with this guy, me and Shihna will do our necessary checking for stolen valuables on the thugs. Then, go ahead and call the cops-- right now, just sit tight. This won't take long."

The bartender's eyes bore into Eyepatch's one, as she leaned in once more, venom on her lips.

"Well?"

Well that was peculiar. His reaction hadn't been the one she was expecting and surely it wasn't new. She'd dealt with egotistic jerks before that merely didn't take her seriously in the past, so Jyuuki wasn't caught completely off-guard.

But his request?

What?

"My...backpocket?" For one thing, the location was one that made her want to rage on a free-for-all and make his face unrecognizable coupled taking away his ability to be "a man." For real, who does that? This guy was probably way older than her, by maybe a good 20 years. If he wasn't bluffing with this card thing, that means his damn hand had been near her rear. This deduction made Jyuuki sneer and glare even more deadly. But nonetheless she complied.

"Fine. But don't try any funny biznus." The cautious teen then, raised her right arm and pressed it harshly over his neck, causing him to gasp but still breathe, only incarcerated. Like she was gonna trust him now that he'd been near her ass.

Jyuuki kept on glaring at her guest warily, as she reached behind her with her other hand and pulled out a small, white business card, with gold script written on one side.

Archer bit his lip to keep from laughing aloud at Jyuuki's expression.

"Kids these days," he thought, "just goes to show what society is turning into."

As she read, the man had the nerve to ask one of the most unnecessary questions, considering the situation, in which Jyuuki replied without even thinking, her eyes still on the card, "No."

She lifted her head and met his gaze once more.

"Ronon Archer, Jack-Of-All-Trades', huh?" The young teen growled out, still holding the man with one arm as she held up the card to read, "Alright Mister Archer, what are you doing here then? If you're a man of so many talents, just what hobby are you partaking in today and why here of all places, if I may inquire."

"If you'll excuse me for a second..."

He turned his head to the side and sneezed into a hand.

"Sorry, had a bug fly in there earlier.

"As for what brought me here...I was nearby when I saw those pods land on the deck outside," he replied, "so I decided to investigate. In my line-of-work, not only would taking those pods off your hands be worth my time, repairing the damage their rather unorthodox landings caused would net me some coin....and did you say 'Cid' earlier? I've been searching the skies for an airship owned by an individual with that name with a possible business deal in mind."

QUOTE (krisk @ Dec 1 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She didn't ask how he'd gotten it where she'd found it.

That day wasn't a day for more bloodshed.

Even if she had asked, there would be no promise that Archer would explain how he had used a little alchemy to transform the lint, dust, and other debris in said pocket into the card she was now holding.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#69 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Dec 2 2008, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"If you'll excuse me for a second..."

He turned his head to the side and sneezed into a hand.

"Sorry, had a bug fly in there earlier.

Jyuuki scowled.

'Grossness.'

"As for what brought me here...I was nearby when I saw those pods land on the deck outside," he replied, "so I decided to investigate. In my line-of-work, not only would taking those pods off your hands be worth my time, repairing the damage their rather unorthodox landings caused would net me some coin....and did you say 'Cid' earlier? I've been searching the skies for an airship owned by an individual with that name with a possible business deal in mind."

Jyuuki's ears perked at the sound of her boss' name. So the man was there for business with the old fart. Who would've guessed? Well hey seriously. You couldn't blame the bartender for being cautious and distrusting-- look at all the bodies and debris around.

Exactly.

Jyuuki's eyes widened slightly and her mind calculated a solution to all of this hoo-hah dealing with their guest (who turned to not be involved with the stupid thugs now adorning the floor) and the reason why he was here.

She dropped her guard, with a sigh, before letting up on his throat and standing up straight, giving him her hand to help him stand as well. Eyepatch gratefully accepted her mutual hand (that lacked the harsh tone as before) and righted himself, brushing off the collected dust and smoothed down the creases of his cloak/clothes.

"Uh yeah," Jyuuki began in stubborn modesty while rubbing the back of her head, "Cid. He's the old guy with the blond hair. Has a huge throbbing vein. Top right of his forehead. Ya can't miss it."

The embarrassment of her actions were quickly taking their toll the teen as her cheeks enflamed and a red tint spread from them to the tops of her ears. So yeah, seriously. Don't blame her. This Mister Archer didn't look all that friendly from the get-go. And which business man would come into a bar when it was destroyed? Wouldn't that have been a good sign for, I dunno, bad business?

Feh, who cares.

She needed a drink.

'A driiiiink...' Jyuuki's thoughts collected slightly as her need for the alcoholic stress-reliever would be soon met as soon as she took care of that one thug she'd meant to help earlier but was interrupted by Mister Smurt Business Man. She quickly apologized once more, under her breath, before approaching the wailing man who was currently going into shock from the loss of blood.

"Goddamnit." No joke, why'd the old fart mf'ing throw his spear into the guy? What ever happened to good ol' fistfights like the one she enjoyed? No time for that. The man was gonna die. "Hey! Hey! Hey, idiot! Don't black out now, okay? Stay with me, so I can see your ass thrown in jail instead of a body-bag." Jyuuki quickly knelt beside the wounded thug and assessed the damages. Ho-kitten. A huge gaping whole that was currently waving it's Why Halo Thar at her.

She acted fast. Jyuuki quickly pressed down onto his wound, all the while murmuring words of filled with warm threats under her panting breath, but her helpful words were only replied with grunts and murmurs of 'dont' and 'he'll find out' and the like. I guess you can say she was used to it, as she'd sometimes have to patch up her own bar fight opponents, as to hide the fact that there even had been a bar fight and not a 'random group of crazy huge rodents came riding in on a hurricane that also carried an earthquake that only hurt a select few of customers.'

Duh.

"Okay, just one more second alright? I've got medicine. Hold on juuuuuust... there!" The young bartender murmured as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a healing spell, encased in a crystal ball. Quickly, through gritted teeth, she whispered the incantation and set off the spell. The thug's open wound below her bloodied fingers closed enough not to be fatal.

They both breathed a sigh of relief.

Jyuuki noted the irony of the situation.

Thus, the teen got angry.

"D'aw is that better?" Her tone was sugary as she tilted her head, looking down on the grateful, nodding sweaty face of the tired thug. Jyuuki smiled slightly back before cocking back her arm and punching him straight in the face, cleanly knocking him out onto the ground. "Good. Glad I could help enough for me to do that."

The former ninja rubbed her sore fist before lifting up and finally dragging the last thug's body over to the pile in the middle of the barroom. Sweet. Now the cops could come after their-- Oh riiiight!

"Hey, Shihn!" Jyuuki began before jogging over to her fellow employee and the girl that'd arrived not a few minutes ago. The Elvaan girl looked up wearily with a small tired smile plain on her features. Ah, that's right. They had yet to meet and greet. Gettin' to that then? Might as well make sure the girl's safe and patched up before Shihna and her venture into a few welcome pockets. Jyuuki leaned up and placed an elbow on Shihna's closest shoulder before catching her amused gaze. "Hey, we gotta go loot-lunching before our oldmeister boss calls up the cops."

There was a pause before Jyuuki looked over at their guest, still leaning against her co-worker. Assessing her up, the bartender could tell that the girl was no toddler, but could also be close to her high teens. Probably sixteen? Seventeen, maybe. Also looked old enough to handle herself. Jyuuki grinned as she tilted her head slightly back before bringing it down again in a greeting gesture. "Hey, there. Looks like you kinda took a beating before you busted in with those idiots trailing ya. You okay?" Concern tinted in Jyuuki's slightly exhausted tone, as she leaned forward to place a warm bruised hand on the elvaan girl's shoulder.

(OOC: LOLOL i fell asleep writing this. XDDD and also, OMG KRISK!DAY WOOOOOO rawr.gif )

#70 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

Archer watched the young bartender as she blushed and tried to cover her embaressment.

"Think nothing of it, young lady," he said as he straightened his coat so it wasn't half falling off of his shoulders.

Reaching up, he slid the googles off of his head and slipped them into a pocket as he strode over to the pilot of thugs. Prodding the one that had fallen first in the fight with his foot, he crouched down before looking over at Jyuuki and the others.

"I would be careful with this one," he said as he stood up again, "if I'm not mistaken, that bulge under his arm is a tranq gun. Judging from the fact that he wasn't able to use it, I'm guessing he went down first, no?"

Shifting his gaze around the bar, he looked for some rope or something he could use to hogtie the three beaten up goons. His business with Cid could wait until these three wouldn't pose any trouble in the foreseeable future.

Edited by Abel Nightroad, 02 December 2008 - 07:14 PM.

#71 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

OOC- Well, even though I don't think it'd be a big deal, I have a question. Can we use the same characters from another thread in the Sky Crusher universe RPs? If so, I'm just going to stick with my character that I made. That's nota problem, is it? Just making sure so no one goes and freaks >.>

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#72 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Dec 2 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OOC- Well, even though I don't think it'd be a big deal, I have a question. Can we use the same characters from another thread in the Sky Crusher universe RPs? If so, I'm just going to stick with my character that I made. That's nota problem, is it? Just making sure so no one goes and freaks >.>

(OOC - You mean you want to use Lumen in both this thread and the Ragnarok thread? You can't have the same character in two places at the same time. It breaks the laws of RP physics )

~Raven~

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Nov 27 2008, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of the newcomer, they were going to have to introduce themselves!

Joking, with a bright smile, Shihna turned her attention towards the Elvaan girl and was nothing but overjoyed with this newcomer. Sure, she had those thugs following after her... but she was still supportive during the whole sitaution.

"Although I'm surprised we had an audience cheering us on, that's a first~ Nice to meet ya, I'm Shihna"

I gave a small, weak smile back, as I also introduced myself.

"It's really nice to meet you, Shihna. My name is Raven."

QUOTE (krisk @ Dec 2 2008, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was a pause before Jyuuki looked over at their guest, still leaning against her co-worker. Assessing her up, the bartender could tell that the girl was no toddler, but could also be close to her high teens. Probably sixteen? Seventeen, maybe. Also looked old enough to handle herself. Jyuuki grinned as she tilted her head slightly back before bringing it down again in a greeting gesture. "Hey, there. Looks like you kinda took a beating before you busted in with those idiots trailing ya. You okay?" Concern tinted in Jyuuki's slightly exhausted tone, as she leaned forward to place a warm bruised hand on the elvaan girl's shoulder.

I looked up into the kind eyes of this stranger, who along with her fellow co-workers/friends had just quite literally saved my life.

"I...um...I just...what I want to say is...it's just that...THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I cried, as I launched myself forward, and wrapped my arms around the other girl's neck, as tears fell lightly from the corner of my eyes.

I pulled back almost as soon as I had hugged her, and blushed deeply as I stepped back, and then looked shyly up through my fair bangs at the other girl, Shihna, and the kindly older gentleman Cid.

"I'm sorry. I guess I got a little overwhelmed there," I said with a shy, quiet laugh as I looked around at these wonderful, king people who had just come to my rescue, without a second thought.

"I am humbly in your debt for helping me this day. I quite honestly don't know what I would have done, if you all had not chosen to take out these goons for me. they have been chasing me, and trying to kill me for months now, and I was finally at the end of my rope, and could not go on for much farther. Please, if there is any possible way that I could repay you all for what you have done for me today, please tell me. I have...no more money to repay you...and my weapons which held great value to me...both monetary and personal...were lost in an ambush staged by these 3 bastard thugs, a couple of months ago...but! I see that you have a sign out front, saying that you are still hiring! If it's possible, and would be alright with you, I could work here and help pay off my debt to you all! Not to mention the fact that it's kind of my fault that those goons trashed your bar," I said, as I hung my head guiltily, as I looked around at the state of their once nice-looking bar.

"Please...let me work here with you all, and repay my debt. My honour demands that I repay this debt, and also...I kind of don't...have anywhere else to go," I finished, as I swallowed slightly, and then waited quietly for them to make their decision about whether I could stay here with them or not.

#73 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 2 2008, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I looked up into the kind eyes of this stranger, who along with her fellow co-workers/friends had just quite literally saved my life.

"I...um...I just...what I want to say is...it's just that...THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I cried, as I launched myself forward, and wrapped my arms around the other girl's neck, as tears fell lightly from the corner of my eyes.

I pulled back almost as soon as I had hugged her, and blushed deeply as I stepped back, and then looked shyly up through my fair bangs at the other girl, Shihna, and the kindly older gentleman Cid.

"I'm sorry. I guess I got a little overwhelmed there," I said with a shy, quiet laugh as I looked around at these wonderful, king people who had just come to my rescue, without a second thought.

There was only one thing Shihna was able to do at the moment, and that was simply chuckle.

With a smile upon her face, she tried her best to attempt hiding both her giggles and small grin from prying eyes... such a 'touching' moment got her in the mood. But she was simply trying to hide the pain that resided behind the mask... and god, was her body sore. Darkened eyes taking hold onto both Jyuuki and the Elvaan girl, the former thief could only allow her smile to grow. Realization was something very pleasing, and boy, was she going to have fun with this one.

"So it seems you've got yourself an adoring fan, Jyuu~" she exclaimed softly, still trying to catch her breath, although it seemed that her body was once again getting control. However, the nineteen year old did begin to realize something out of the ordinary.

She couldn't move.

Her sore lower-half only mocked the rest of her body; simply telling her that there would be NO form of motion going on anytime soon. Well wasn't that just great? With dagger in hand, Shihna could only do what she did best--- crawling like a child. "Well then, Jyuu, I think it's about time you take your pick. Spear-In-Shoulder looked like he was walking around with some good stuff under his sleeves... think you can check the other ones?" On impulse, Shihna could only lash out towards the pile of thugs with utter happiness, it had been awhile since she was able to find the right stash. Usually being greeted with loose change and other 'pretty' things like that. But she really wasn't looking for anything like that - Shihna was your ideal thief who loved the rare things in this world of ruin; they just seemed like the most precious things in this known universe. Either ancient texture or pottery, or even the lovely one in a million tresures, that's what got Shihna's heart fluttering. From what she could remember, the last time a so called skilled Sky-Pirate made their way into the bar, it took being tied up and locked into the basement to keep her from going insane.

What could she say? It's not her fault she was a natural born loot-lover~

She carefully brushed her fingers over the once-gaping wound, making sure that Jyuuki had atleast stopped the heavy flow of bleeding. Even though her fingertips had soon enough been imprinted with a light red, it seemed the idiot was going to be alright, and being unconscious made stealing even better. Oh, how she wished she would be able to see their faces when they woke up in the prison cell... missing nearly everything they attempted to leave Cid's Bar with. Although widened eyes came to be yet again when her curious hands came upon a maroon colored mask.

The mask looked hellish... like it belonged to a demon, itself. (ah, i love foreshadowing things~)

Sudden surprise overcame her before knuckles met up against her 'victims' head, who cared if she woke up him from his nap? This bastard had explaining to do... "Hey, deadbeat... where did you get this mask fro---"

"I am humbly in your debt for helping me this day. I quite honestly don't know what I would have done, if you all had not chosen to take out these goons for me. they have been chasing me, and trying to kill me for months now, and I was finally at the end of my rope, and could not go on for much farther. Please, if there is any possible way that I could repay you all for what you have done for me today, please tell me. I have...no more money to repay you...and my weapons which held great value to me...both monetary and personal...were lost in an ambush staged by these 3 bastard thugs, a couple of months ago...but! I see that you have a sign out front, saying that you are still hiring! If it's possible, and would be alright with you, I could work here and help pay off my debt to you all! Not to mention the fact that it's kind of my fault that those goons trashed your bar," I said, as I hung my head guiltily, as I looked around at the state of their once nice-looking bar.

"Please...let me work here with you all, and repay my debt. My honour demands that I repay this debt, and also...I kind of don't...have anywhere else to go," I finished, as I swallowed slightly, and then waited quietly for them to make their decision about whether I could stay here with them or not.

Nowisaywhaaa?

Shihna only gawked in disbelief at the Elvaan girl before them. Sure, she was already shaken by the tale this girl had to tell... but working here? She looked nothing over sixteen... well seventeen, and she was oddly yet positively certain that Cid would let the girl go without paying. On the other hand, ears perked up overhearing that this girl had nowhere to go.

For some reason, it saddened her. Had Shihna thinking of her own life.

Trying her damn-well best to stand up, Shihna's gaze locked upon Cid's with the demon mask still in hand. She had yet to get an answer from the guy she had retrieved this 'gift' from, but was there really any need to hear what he had to say at the moment? Sure, she was curious... but there would be other sources to figure out where that mask had come from. It looked too important to belong to something like them. It basically deserved better: someone like her, for an example!

"...Cid, you kind-hearted old man. What do ya say? Can't let an adorable girl like this go on to who-knows-where on her own~" Smiling yet again, the waitress looked back at both Jyuuki and Raven with a smile before she attempted to persuade Cid again with the guilty thoughts. Maybe her co-worker would catch on soon enough, but maybe not... either way...

THUD

She was back on the floor again.

"No more 'circus' for a few days, Shihna..."

Scolding yourself, isn't that just lovely?

Edited by Sakura~Kitsune, 03 December 2008 - 12:07 AM.

tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#74 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

Damn it, there goes Shinha again with her skill at guilt tripping. "God damn it kid, seriously...." He stopped mopping and leaned on the mop lightly, "Girl, you can stay here and work if you want, but you don't have to pay me back. This pub has good business and is quite known for having trouble at times. You can bunk in with one of the girls if you wanna, or take your own room." He gestured to the hallway leading to the living quarters, "Take your pick." Cid went back to mopping the floor, grumbling about taking in strays and being such a softie.

#75 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Dec 2 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"...Cid, you kind-hearted old man. What do ya say? Can't let an adorable girl like this go on to who-knows-where on her own~" Smiling yet again, the waitress looked back at both Jyuuki and Raven with a smile before she attempted to persuade Cid again with the guilty thoughts. Maybe her co-worker would catch on soon enough, but maybe not... either way...

THUD

"Oh no," I cried out as I saw Shihna fall to the floor in a heap. Ignoring my still-throbbing side, I quickly rushed to Shihna's side, knelt down beside her, and carefully placed my arm under her's to help her up.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 2 2008, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn it, there goes Shinha again with her skill at guilt tripping. "God damn it kid, seriously...." He stopped mopping and leaned on the mop lightly, "Girl, you can stay here and work if you want, but you don't have to pay me back. This pub has good business and is quite known for having trouble at times. You can bunk in with one of the girls if you wanna, or take your own room." He gestured to the hallway leading to the living quarters, "Take your pick." Cid went back to mopping the floor, grumbling about taking in strays and being such a softie.

My head shot up as he was saying all of this, and I had to take a brief moment to hold my breath, and then slowly release it so that I wouldn't once again dissolve into tears at their continued generosity towards me, and have them all think that I was some kind of crybaby. Their kindness towards me was just a bit overwhelming to me, as I had known nothing but cruelty and hatred for the past few months.

"Hai...thank you Mr. Cid. You will not regret this. I swear this on my honour as an Elf. Thank you ever so much," I said, with a smile on my face, as I slowly and carefully helped Shihna to her feet.

#76 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 2 2008, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch, girl had a grip.

A small grunt escaped the young bartender's lips as the Elvaan girl launched into her, thank-yous and bless-yous spilling from her indebted self. Even if it had been alittle extreme for her tastes in showing how grateful oneself was, Jyuuki didn't mind this show of enthusiasm. Hell, she welcomed it! People who chose to show what they mean through actions moreso than mere words were always A-OK in her book.

Jyuuki chuckled slightly at this before waving a slightly dried-bloody hand, dismissing her apology. "Hah, hey it's cool with me! Always awesome to get hugs from injured strangers. It's a curse of mine, so really, what can I say?" The former ninja replied light-heartedly. Really the shyness was endearing; it was always an opening to make the person feel awkward enough to break the ice of being just acquaintances.

Jyuuki grinned at the thought, and hoped that the girl didn't have anywhere else to go for awhile.

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Dec 2 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"So it seems you've got yourself an adoring fan, Jyuu~" she exclaimed softly, still trying to catch her breath, although it seemed that her body was once again getting control. However, the nineteen year old did begin to realize something out of the ordinary.

She couldn't move.

Her sore lower-half only mocked the rest of her body; simply telling her that there would be NO form of motion going on anytime soon. Well wasn't that just great? With dagger in hand, Shihna could only do what she did best--- crawling like a child. "Well then, Jyuu, I think it's about time you take your pick. Spear-In-Shoulder looked like he was walking around with some good stuff under his sleeves... think you can check the other ones?"

As if a rollercoaster was suddenly ejected infront of her and she had been hogtied to jump in, Jyuuki's mood shifted from relaxed relief to anger-faisness.

Why was she angryfais'd? Well, Jyuuki and Shihna had shared many experiences with one another. From bar fighting to surviving every labortastic day to seeing how fast the other could make Cid crap bricks on a boring, slow day at work-- so yeah, they kind of shared alot. Even enough to get others noticing, like Cid. Cid had noticed their secret jargon and commented on them sharing so many inside jokes that the 'goddamn inside looked like the goddamn outside' (whatever that meant), so it wasn't a surprise why Jyuuki was suddenly pissed with her whily house-mate.

For nut-in-shell-ness, Jyuuki would explain like this: She'd ended up being dared by Miss Thang herself to ...free herself mind and body for their drinking guests. Naturally, the former ninja and TOD pro accepted the dare, on conditions that she'd rather not share. And so of course, Jyuuki (not tooting her own horn, but she was aite looking) developed some admirers that night-- and the rest of the history involved being plagued with fighting off much-too-friendly men with bad smells and big muscles all night and morning long.

Shihna had enjoyed that day.

She'd literally said it herself.

So yes, after thinking back, the teen gritted her teeth and fisted her hand, ready to exact revenge with the help of her friend, physical pain, unto her fellow employee's person for bringing up such a horrible cannot-unsee memory. Growling, Jyuuki slitted her eyes and pulled back her fist to send it flying into her friend's arm but-- gravity beat her to it. The former ninja watched with forming glee as Shihna got tackled with an unknown force and was forced to introduce her ass to the floor (again).

And with inevitable results, that rollercoaster came back around as Jyuuki let out a belching laugh all the while pointing at the crawling 19 year old. "Homan what the hell are you doin', Shihna? Bwahahaha, hold still I gotta take a mental picture of this." The teen declared as she lifted up her fingers and formed a diamond shape infront of her one open eye right before clicking her tongue, thus remembering that moment for forever.

Unable to turn away and/or join her in the lootings, Jyuuki just put her hands on her hips as she happily watched her co-worker crawl over to the bodies and start picking their dirty pockets with a crazed expression on her face-- tongue peeking out and all. She threw up a hand to the side of her mouth before replying, "Pfft, no problem Cripples, I'll take care of the others--" The bartender stopped her yelling mid sentence as she remembered the tip Cid had sent her way.

She turned backed to the Elvaan girl, who looked like she was resisting words from tumbling out of her small mouth. Nonetheless, Jyuuki began "Oh right, since you're the one that delivered the bumpkins in, maybe you'd like to joi--"

"-oin us..." Jyuuki finished off lamely.

She watched in awe as this girl, probably just a few years younger than her, declare a speech full of determination and professionalism for the teeny bar that was their home. Honor, debts, and desperation all packed into one speech. It really could make someone stand speechless for abit, and Jyuuki was not out of that loop. The older teen listened with slight pride (who said teenagers were all useless? Yeah that's right old man), and it was until the Elvaan girl finished up with a admittance of having no where to go that Jyuuki had made up her mind.

She was gonna side with the girl. Pull out all the annoying stops to her boss about giving this chick a home.

Only a few people knew, but Jyuuki too didn't have a place to go to other than the bar-- she'd left her original home along time ago and the people there had either (she guessed) moved on or wouldn't take her back if she were strapped to a gazillion gil. So yeah, you can say Jyuuki could relate to being alone.

The bartender's thoughts whirled around as she looked at the Elvaan girl, and before she could reply, another worker at Cid's Bar spoke up first.

THUD

And then she started talking to herself.

Lovely.

Not surprising, but still, it weirded her out all the time (that's not to say she herslef didn't do it, Shihna could dig up some dirt on that, no doubt). Shaking her head slightly, Jyuuki grinned slightly, catching onto her coworkers plan of action. Giggling slightly, the former ninja pawed in the air in Cid's direction, which caused Shihna to snicker quietly and their boss to groan, no doubt he'd seen this tag-team before.

"Nyouurrrrr~" Jyuuki began, that sound was known for getting her what she wanted at times (no seriously, it depends on the situation-- and if there's flirting or booze or money involved). She tilted her head cutely, going all moe and stuff, "Yeahhhh Ciiiiid, can'tya see that this girl is just like how me and Shihn (minus the 3 ex boyfriends) were? I mean! How can ya say no? You're totally the old people version of Mary Poppins. Some people would find it kinda creepy, what with you bringing in teenage girls, but who cares! These teenage girls are thankful. Really. C'monnnnnn~"

Okay, sometimes Jyuuki couldn't control what she said or direct those words into a pathos direction. Nevertheless, Cid looked like he was about to break.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 2 2008, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 2 2008, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Oh no," I cried out as I saw Shihna fall to the floor in a heap. Ignoring my still-throbbing side, I quickly rushed to Shihna's side, knelt down beside her, and carefully placed my arm under her's to help her up.

My head shot up as he was saying all of this, and I had to take a brief moment to hold my breath, and then slowly release it so that I wouldn't once again dissolve into tears at their continued generosity towards me, and have them all think that I was some kind of crybaby. Their kindness towards me was just a bit overwhelming to me, as I had known nothing but cruelty and hatred for the past few months.

"Hai...thank you Mr. Cid. You will not regret this. I swear this on my honour as an Elf. Thank you ever so much," I said, with a smile on my face, as I slowly and carefully helped Shihna to her feet.

Jyuuki watched it all.

Cid has accepted and now was flirting with the mop/floor.

Shihna had fallen down again (attention hor).

The Elvaan girl, that she'd had yet to learn the name of, was now helping up the cripple.

Then she reacted (she wasn't slow, really).

"SWEET! NEW ROOMIE!" The waitress explained happily. Don't get her wrong, she loved the current situation with the bar, but having only one co-worker made it seem like the bar depended on only them to brighten things up, so even though she enjoyed being the ray of sunshine the bar had every once in awhile, it was nice to welcome new employees. Jyuuki gleed before placing her hands on the Elvaan girls shoulder and Shihna's head, who was now complaining with the added weight. "Heyheyhey! Welcome to the bar! Dude, it'll be a blast, trust me. Shihna and I are the best people in the world. We'll teach you stuuuuff, and I'll give you your first driiiiiiink, and ohmyjeez, we can introduce you to Cid's Vein! We haven't named him yet, but we will in time. You'll love him." The teen rambled animately with a huge grin on her face, no doubt she was excited about this, though it took her awhile to notice that the Elvaan girl and Shihna were both struggling with their fatigue/injuries.

Crap.

"Oh crap! I forgot all about you guys' beatings. Shihn, we'll have to loot them later after I get you guys fixed up. Here," she added before gently lifting the Elvaan girl's arm away from her co-worker and with a grunt, Jyuuki lifted her friend's body up onto her back before standing wobbily up. "Uergh... holy fawk, Shihn, now do you believe me when I say you pig out when you sleep walk? God." She complained lightly before starting in the direction of their shared room. The former ninja was able to carry her fine no matter the bruises she'd gotten on various parts of her body, what with her tolerance training in the past, though it was tiring. Jyuuki held fast and slowly glanced over her shoulder at their new co-worker with a warm grin, whom was now getting up to follow after, "Oh and my name's Jyuuki by the way, we never got that established. What's yours? Also, kinda related to the cripple on my back but, can ya walk okay? I really don't think there's anymore room up here, hehe."

#77 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Dec 3 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She tilted her head cutely, going all moe and stuff, "Yeahhhh Ciiiiid, can'tya see that this girl is just like how me and Shihn (minus the 3 ex boyfriends) were?

(OOC - That was lulzy. Minus 3 ex bfs huh XDD)

~~~

[b]"SWEET! NEW ROOMIE!" The waitress explained happily.

"Heyheyhey! Welcome to the bar! Dude, it'll be a blast, trust me. Shihna and I are the best people in the world. We'll teach you stuuuuff, and I'll give you your first driiiiiiink, and ohmyjeez, we can introduce you to Cid's Vein! We haven't named him yet, but we will in time. You'll love him."

I watched with wide, fascinated eyes as the older teen before me excitedly began talking about Cid's vein, naming said vein, and my first ever drink! My old Sky-Pirate-father-figure never let me drink. Ever. Even though, as I had told him many times, that I was a swashbuckling pirate-ess, and so it was practically obligatory that I drank!

He would always just chuckle, and then run his calloused yet gentle hand through my hair, ruffling it lightly.

I missed him.

I hoped that he was alright, and that he and the rest of my pirate crew family had all managed to survive. Maybe one day, if we can manage to find each other again, I could give everyone here at Cid's Bar a ride on our ship. It would be the very least that I could do, after all that they were doing for me.

The teen rambled animately with a huge grin on her face, no doubt she was excited about this, though it took her awhile to notice that the Elvaan girl and Shihna were both struggling with their fatigue/injuries.

Crap.

"Oh crap! I forgot all about you guys' beatings. Shihn, we'll have to loot them later after I get you guys fixed up. Here," she added before gently lifting the Elvaan girl's arm away from her co-worker and with a grunt, Jyuuki lifted her friend's body up onto her back before standing wobbily up. "Uergh... holy fawk, Shihn, now do you believe me when I say you pig out when you sleep walk? God." She complained lightly before starting in the direction of their shared room. The former ninja was able to carry her fine no matter the bruises she'd gotten on various parts of her body, what with her tolerance training in the past, though it was tiring. Jyuuki held fast and slowly glanced over her shoulder at their new co-worker with a warm grin, whom was now getting up to follow after, "Oh and my name's Jyuuki by the way, we never got that established. What's yours? Also, kinda related to the cripple on my back but, can ya walk okay? I really don't think there's anymore room up here, hehe."

I nodded quickly at Jyuuki's question, and hurried as best I could to keep up with her.

"My name is Raven, and it's great to meet you Jyuuki," I said, with a quiet smile as I mouthed her name quietly to myself, as I continued to follow behind the two older teens.

She had a pretty name. So did Shihna. And they were all letting me stay! I would finally have somewhere that I could call...home...after being without one for so long.

I felt a happy grin tug at the corners of my mouth...something that hadn't happened in a very looong time, and I quickly scampered after my two new roomates, as Jyuuki continued to lead the way.

#78 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:40 AM

He watched the now named 'Raven' follow his two other workers, "Ugh," he slapped his face with his palm, "what have I done...." Well, secretly, he enjoyed the raucous the Devious Duo pulled from time to time. However, he feels a chill down his spine at the thought that the Devious Duo will become the Terrible Trio.
Hearing a groan from behind him, he smacked one of the thugs in the head with the broom, breaking the wooden handle. "Now I gotta buy a new broom...." He turned to the other figure that got trampled by Jyuuki earlier....

#79 Pite

Pite

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:37 AM

Dragomir just sat there as a new TV drama unfold infront of him. Interesting, much better than that dang show "Home M.D." after 7 seasons it was getting repetitive. Ehh... He sat back and looked around the bar. Cid fixing it up.

"Hey you need some help, I can help repair and clean up ya know. Did that a couple of times at home hehe. Moms would never let go out without cleaning the house up." He said standing up. He looked at the broken broom.

"Let me get this for ya. And no smakin' bad people with it. Just cuff them up wih them ropes and then wait for the cops. If there are any around here." He said while looking at the Older-man. Then Draco walked towards his discarded breastplate armour and opened an comparment and took out a roll of duck tape.

"There is nothing duck tape cannot fix, nothing super glue cannot mend and nothng that C4 cannot make nicer. Hehe... He said reciting the 34th Engeneering Brigade's motto.

#80 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 3 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He watched the now named 'Raven' follow his two other workers, "Ugh," he slapped his face with his palm, "what have I done...." Well, secretly, he enjoyed the raucous the Devious Duo pulled from time to time. However, he feels a chill down his spine at the thought that the Devious Duo will become the Terrible Trio.
Hearing a groan from behind him, he smacked one of the thugs in the head with the broom, breaking the wooden handle. "Now I gotta buy a new broom...." He turned to the other figure that got trampled by Jyuuki earlier....

By this time, Ronon had appropriated the belts, shoelaces, and similar items from the thugs and had started to use the items to hog tie all three together. Looking up, he tossed Cid the tranq gun he had found earlier.

"I think we'll be making more use of that than these three," he said as he finished the last knot.

Proceeding to stand up, he dusted his pant legs off and walked over to stand next to Cid, but with a slight limp.

"Bloody hell," Ronon muttered, "my foot started to fall asleep.

"So, you must be Cid," he said looking the other man in the face, "you would be surprised how hard it is to find one airship unless you already know where it is."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users