#1 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

It's out!

Another decent filler episode. The animation was a bit dodgy at times, but the plot more than made up for that. I really liked Ameyuri. At first she seemed like just another psychopath who only wanted to kill, but she was really just looking for a worthy opponent. Someone who could match her level of power. Where this really got interesting for me was right at the end when it was sort of implied that she had developed romantic feelings for Omoi, but that could also just be my shipping goggles interfering. Here comes the OmoAme fics. wink.gif

Having Omoi as the lead was pretty interesting. I've always found him funny with his out of control paranoid reasoning and even though that wasn't the primary focus here, he was still very entertaining to watch, particularly during his fight with Ameyuri. What can I say, I just really like his fighting style. happy.gif

So the Chikara arc starts next week. I had a feeling that the preview would be a little different given how this is a "special" filler arc. Perhaps this arc will even have it's own opening and ending.

Edited by TerrorKing, 16 November 2012 - 12:20 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#2 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Next episode it's going to start chikara, lets see the amount of failures from the anime team, idk why use spoiler tags for anime does not make any sense
SK-303_image007.jpg

#3 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

All in all, I thought that was a great filler episode! I know I'm late with this, but watching this episode made me realize that those from the cloud all have names that end along the lines of "oi/ui." (Disregarding A and Bee, of course) Just an interesting little tidbit, haha.

Anyways, I really like how they seem to be giving each reanimated villain a specific backstory, along with specific ways that they "die" or get sealed, however you would say that. I personally love getting to know that kind of stuff about the enemy that Kishi didn't really get to give, such as their skills, backstory, character, etc. I guess you can say that's one plus about fillers, haha.
I agree with TerrorKing that Ameyuri was indeed a likable enemy. In a way it kind of pulls at your heart knowing that all she was chasing after was an opponent who could match her strength as a strong foe, and never even found that given that she died quite young. It was good to see that being resurrected allowed her to fill in that gap. (I seem to be making her sound far more of a sadistic character than she truly is. It's not intended, though).

On another light, could someone please give me a little synopsis of what this Chikara Filler Arc. is supposed to be, if anyone knows? Is it supposed to take place during the war, or is it a completely different plot that they are going to air, sort of like a movie? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, I wasn't really given the chance to look into it yet, haha.

Edited by Gamakushii, 16 November 2012 - 04:33 AM.

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#4 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Gamakushii @ Nov 16 2012, 05:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All in all, I thought that was a great filler episode! I know I'm late with this, but watching this episode made me realize that those from the cloud all have names that end along the lines of "oi/ui." (Disregarding A and Bee, of course) Just an interesting little tidbit, haha.

Anyways, I really like how they seem to be giving each reanimated villain a specific backstory, along with specific ways that they "die" or get sealed, however you would say that. I personally love getting to know that kind of stuff about the enemy that Kishi didn't really get to give, such as their skills, backstory, character, etc. I guess you can say that's one plus about fillers, haha.
I agree with TerrorKing that Ameyuri was indeed a likable enemy. In a way it kind of pulls at your heart knowing that all she was chasing after was an opponent who could match her strength as a strong foe, and never even found that given that she died quite young. It was good to see that being resurrected allowed her to fill in that gap. (I seem to be making her sound far more of a sadistic character than she truly is. It's not intended, though).

On another light, could someone please give me a little synopsis of what this Chikara Filler Arc. is supposed to be, if anyone knows? Is it supposed to take place during the war, or is it a completely different plot that they are going to air, sort of like a movie? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, I wasn't really given the chance to look into it yet, haha.

I agree. For me, fillers are a mixed bag. Bad fillers can be terribly bland and forgettable, but if done right they can be quite entertaining, especially when they are used to elaborate on things that have already been established in canon, such as this episode.

As for the Chikara arc, it's a special filler arc made to celebrate the 500th Naruto episode (counting both the original Naruto anime and Naruto Shippuden). It will have six episodes in total and apparantly, Studio Pierrot will have some of their best animatiors working on it. The basic plot is that Tsunade sends Yamato, Sakura, Sai and Naruto to investigate a massacre that has recently taken place in a village located in a small country bordering the Land of Fire. Kabuto will apparently serve as the main villain and he will be using several resurrected ninjas to help him, including Itachi, Sasori, Deidara, Asuma and Hayate.

As to how this will fit in with the overall timeline, my guess is that it will take place place before the war, given how Naruto hasn't learned either chakra mode or tailed beast mode yet and Yamato still hasn't been captured. It could also just be a standalone arc with no real connection to the rest of the plot.

Also, there's a dedicated thread about it here. happy.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 16 November 2012 - 01:38 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#5 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

I wish naruto use his badass sage cloak on this "Mission" sad.gif
SK-303_image007.jpg

#6 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Sorry, but the name Chikara sounds like a bad food choice.

"Ugh. Next time I'll skip the chikara."

#7 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Nov 16 2012, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. For me, fillers are a mixed bag. Bad fillers can be terribly bland and forgettable, but if done right they can be quite entertaining, especially when they are used to elaborate on things that have already been established in canon, such as this episode.

As for the Chikara arc, it's a special filler arc made to celebrate the 500th Naruto episode (counting both the original Naruto anime and Naruto Shippuden). It will have six episodes in total and apparantly, Studio Pierrot will have some of their best animatiors working on it. The basic plot is that Tsunade sends Yamato, Sakura, Sai and Naruto to investigate a massacre that has recently taken place in a village located in a small country bordering the Land of Fire. Kabuto will apparently serve as the main villain and he will be using several resurrected ninjas to help him, including Itachi, Sasori, Deidara, Asuma and Hayate.

As to how this will fit in with the overall timeline, my guess is that it will take place place before the war, given how Naruto hasn't learned either chakra mode or tailed beast mode yet and Yamato still hasn't been captured. It could also just be a standalone arc with no real connection to the rest of the plot.

Also, there's a dedicated thread about it here. happy.gif

Ah, okay. Thank you very much for filling me in on that and providing the link, I'll check it out. I'm quite interested to see how it goes.
On another note, I can't believe Hayate is in it. That seems like quite a random pick, as its been so long since he was killed all the way back in the Chunin Exam Arc. Regardless, I'm excited to see him again, along with all the others. happy.gif
(I apologize if I got a little off topic here- it wasn't intended.)

Edited by Gamakushii, 17 November 2012 - 05:32 AM.

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users