54173 replies to this topic

#51861 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 04:24 PM

Not only by working hard but also showing compassion and friendship towards them even if they were not giving the same to you. And besides NaruHina's relationship is bland, dull and unexciting. Why? Because there was no foundation for their relationship. One had to be FORCED in through a movie and there was no established close emotional intimacy between them before hand. So what did they want?

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 May 2020 - 10:54 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51862 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 05:57 PM

Not only by working hard but also showing compassion and friendship towards them even if they were not giving the same to you. And besides NaruHina's relationship is bland, dull and unexciting. Why because there was no foundation for their relationship. One had to be FORCED in and there was no established close emotional intimacy between them before hand. So what did they want?

I think thw Naruhina's shippers are weirdos how never in their live had a relationship, don't understand why love for someone means, don't understand what is to want to be accepted for others. They just wanted naruto end up with Hinata just because she hads Bubbies.

#51863 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:08 AM

Let's refrain from making prejudice folks. lol.

Jokes aside, there's indeed lack of understanding on the subtle messages that Kishi himself put through the manga.

One of the biggest one is of course, Hinata tipping over a rock when Naruto was dying. That's very insulting. The girl he will spend the rest of his life with, wasn't even standing by his side in his critical moment. Not even making appearance or contribution, but shown to be tipping over a rock.

She also wasn't there when Naruto woke up (we got Sakura who did the CPR stuff). Likewise, Sakura wasn't there when Sasuke dying. She wasnt there when Sasuke woke up too.

And of course, let's not forget the bento scene in Boruto Gaiden. The final piece of Kishimoto's writing on this franchise. We were shown that Naruto purposefully left soon to meet Sasuke, despite knowing his son is coming to deliver bento that Hinata made for Naruto.

Now, for everyone who doesn't know Japanese culture, bento (lunchbox) is very important for Japanese Moms. It's a representation of wife's/mother's love to her family. Now, we were shown that Naruto purposefully avoid receiving bento that Hinata made (Boruto said "He knew mom was making it for him, that jerk..." with the strong emphasis on 'knew').

That's probably the highest insult a husband could give his wife. I'd consider it equivalent to raising a middle finger in a subtle way. lol.

And the worst part for NH? The bento was given by Sarada to Naruto. The first thing came to his mind? He recalled about Sakura and Sasuke giving him bento when he was a kid.

There wasn't any thought about Hinata at all coming from Naruto with the bento.

That was really sad for Hinata. Not only her husband left and didn't receive the bento that she made (as a symbol of her love to him). But when he received it (from Sarada), he thought of someone else.

That, my friends, how the author subtly tell the audience that Naruto and Hinata do not have a happy marriage. Likewise with Sakura and Sasuke. None of these couples are depicted as happy and content in the canon materials.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#51864 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:52 PM

At least my other OTP turned canon. Thank you Tetsuya Nomura.

now they just need to find sora now

Jokes aside, there's indeed lack of understanding on the subtle messages that Kishi himself put through the manga.
One of the biggest one is of course, Hinata tipping over a rock when Naruto was dying. That's very insulting. The girl he will spend the rest of his life with, wasn't even standing by his side in his critical moment. Not even making appearance or contribution, but shown to be tipping over a rock.
She also wasn't there when Naruto woke up (we got Sakura who did the CPR stuff). Likewise, Sakura wasn't there when Sasuke dying. She wasnt there when Sasuke woke up too.
And of course, let's not forget the bento scene in Boruto Gaiden. The final piece of Kishimoto's writing on this franchise. We were shown that Naruto purposefully left soon to meet Sasuke, despite knowing his son is coming to deliver bento that Hinata made for Naruto.
Now, for everyone who doesn't know Japanese culture, bento (lunchbox) is very important for Japanese Moms. It's a representation of wife's/mother's love to her family. Now, we were shown that Naruto purposefully avoid receiving bento that Hinata made (Boruto said "He knew mom was making it for him, that jerk..." with the strong emphasis on 'knew').
That's probably the highest insult a husband could give his wife. I'd consider it equivalent to raising a middle finger in a subtle way. lol.
And the worst part for NH? The bento was given by Sarada to Naruto. The first thing came to his mind? He recalled about Sakura and Sasuke giving him bento when he was a kid.
That was really sad for Hinata. Not only her husband left and didn't receive the bento that she made (as a symbol of her love to him). But when he received it (from Sarada), he thought of someone else.
That, my friends, how the author subtly tell the audience that Naruto and Hinata do not have a happy marriage. Likewise with Sakura and Sasuke. None of these couples are depicted as happy and content in the canon materials.

I think your giving him to much credit for that since kishi isn't that subtle or clever

#51865 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:44 PM

Ah, so that's the importance of a bento that chapter keep going on and on about. And you remember most of that event. He did mentally thank Boruto after having his flashback, but that comes off as he is happy his son/Hinata's son passed off the delivery to Sakura/Sasuke's daughter because it allowed him to be nostalgic about how team 7 formed. After that he was especially friendly to Salad (when the manga kind of implied they weren't that close before hand) to the point by the end it was clear he became her father figure and role model.

To be honest both incidents come off as spiteful by kishimoto by taking a scene demanded by his editor and twisting it so its the exact opposite of what they wanted.

Your forgot about the fact that in the becoming Hokage one-shot kishimoto made Naruto sleeps in his home-office couch, and it was implied he often slept their even before he became hokage. Which the anime desperately made it out to be because he was out partying with his friends in the ova, and then when that kind of confirmed people claims that he taken up drinking in the anime the changed it to he is a complete lightweight who can't even handle looking at alcohol. 

Most Hinata fans are just people that liked the idea of the shy girl getting with the boy she likes, and didn't give it much thought beyond that. The crazy ones are a vocal minority.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 May 2020 - 10:14 PM.

#51866 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 06:07 AM

NH shippers, for the most part, are incredibly deluded, I'm sorry. It's fine to ship whatever you want just for the sake of it. I don't want to be rude, but it's very idiotic to even attempt to argue the legitimacy of a relationship between the protaganist and a secondary character who doesn't show up in the series (manga) often. We are not evening talking about a major secondary character here. A mere secondary character on Team 8, the team with the least screen time. It's very frustrating because when you go to the manga and try to look for her, she's just not there most of the time. How can a relationship be 'developed' and exist without the most basic factor - frequent interaction.  :hm: kitten the anime and all of the materials (video games, war arc when TL began to produce, etc.) that created these false narratives amongst people.

It doesn't help that what little "interaction" Boruto's dad and Hinatatas had usually consisted of him being surprised that she's even there, then her stuttering and fainting, all for comedic effect rather than any meaningful development.

2e5.gif

#51867 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:16 AM

They don't care at this point.

It's a "Don't care. Still Married. Still canon." mindset that as long as they won the canon...nothing else matters.

You see, this is why proenders are MORE delusional than any other Naruto fandom on here. They truly believe that their fanfiction is the REAL canon and anything Kishimoto writes is simply "death of the author." And they will make any excuse to justify it all IF you bring it up.

You bring up Naruto not being home?
"Well, obviously, he love Hinata so much he wants to give her a good life so he works alot."

You bring up Naruto looking miserable in everything except when he is with Sasuke and even with Sakura?
"Oh, that is his platonic love he has for them."

Naruto's burning love for Hinata is SOOOOOOOO bright in their eyes that not even Naruto himself truly understands it. It is amazing how overly glorified they have made NH's "loving marriage."

It is borderline obsessive.

There is a mental condition called "Obsessive Love Disorder" and it basically is SS and NH to a T
"A healthy love relationship usually evolves over time such that it no longer involves the near desperate intensity and fervor of infatuation. The infatuation stage of romantic love usually occurs in the early months in a healthy love relationship. It can involve persistent thoughts of the love object and wanting to spend every moment with that person"

Boom....Sakura wants to spend all her time with Sasuke. Hinata wanted to spend all her time with Naruto. Fans think that the main reason why NH and SS belong together is because the girls were in love with the guys right off the bat and it was "true love" without any reason other than "they don't need one."

"The objects of love for women who love obsessively are often people who have been in the role of helper in their lives."

Hinata expresses how Naruto "helped her out" even though he didn't directly do anything.
People think Hinata is perfect for Naruto because she supported him in quiet before anyone else and she loves him because "He gave her confidence." Essentially "you owe me one."

"The person who loves obsessively may behave as if addicted to their love object."

So what did Kishimoto say again?

What causes it?
Low self-esteem/a tendency of needing excessive reassurance (Hinata definitely. Maybe Sakura, but she has it to a lesser degree.)
Obsessively talking about their loved object ("Naruto-kun," "Saskeh-kun")
Making repeated calls, texts, and/or faxes to the love object (This one doesn't really apply that well, but constant flirting throughout the series could be similar)
A tendency to have extremely good or bad (not balanced) feelings about someone (Hinata is overly praising of Naruto. Naruto is over praising Sasuke. Sakura overly praises Sasuke.)
A tendency to focus on only the positive or the negative aspects of their loved one (self-explanatory)
Trouble focusing on work, recreation, socializing, or other aspects of their lives outside of the object of their affection (This is Hinata ten-fold. She focuses more on her love and affection for Naruto than even her own ninja training.)
Attempts to monitor or otherwise control their love object's life and activities (This is Naruto's love for Sasuke and Sakura's love for Sasuke to the max. Hinata not so much)

Excessive joy, to the point of relief, when able to get in touch with or be with their love object (Hinata...Hinata...Hinata....Hinata...Hinata. Her whole clan is in civil war, her cousin is dead, her sister is kidnapped....and yet she cared more about Naruto's hand, Naruto's scarf, and her own love than anything else.)

It is just disgusting.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#51868 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:14 AM

Attempts to monitor or otherwise control their love object's life and activities (This is Naruto's love for Sasuke and Sakura's love for Sasuke to the max. Hinata not so much)

Well...you could argue that Hinata falls under the "attempts to monitor" part. Maybe not in Burrito, but don't forget that she was often called a stalker among the fandom before the ending. Some still do. The anime turned up the stalker trope a bit more and even joked about it in Lee's comedy spin-off anime, painting her as a legitimate stalker and freaking Naruto out in one episode.

But NH/SS does fall under the "Obsessive Love Disorder". But it really doesn't help that society in general has a very stupid belief that that is how love is supposed to be. The obsession, the high feelings, the rainbows, the butterflies, the love sickness, the rushes, ect is what 'love' is. But it's very much not. Yeah, love starts like that. But it doesn't stay like that. The drug-like high goes away eventually. And there's way too many people who don't understand that and it's a very real problem, I think and is likely what causes so much divorce. Or at least plays a huge part in it.
When you base love off that high and all about yourself and how that person makes you feel and nothing else, then you have a disaster on your hands. 

That's why Naruto's love for Sakura was so beautiful. He had that immature love for her in early part 1. Always wanting to be with her, wanting her attention, wanting to show off how cool he was, ect, ect.
But he matured, even before part 2. He put Sakura's feelings and well being before his own. Even if it hurt him. Even if it meant him not getting what he wanted. In part 2, he matures even more to where you can tell he's still head over heels for her, but in a more healthy way.

"But what about what SAKURA WANTS?? She wants THE SAUCE!!"

What the character wants; that was a subject I debated with many people back when the pairing wars were still at an all time high. Before the train wreak of an ending. It was mostly against NH though since SS's content was like trying to find snow in the middle of a desert. 

A lot of people put so much weight on what Hinata wanted. "Hinata wants Naruto so she deserves to have him." I always despised that argument. What about what Naruto wants? He wants to be with Sakura. What did Hinata do to outweigh Naruto's wants? Nothing.
Sakura wants Sasuke. She wants the fantasy Sasuke in her head. As a Sakura fan, I wanted what was best for Sakura. And I knew Sasuke wasn't that. It was painfully obvious and it was painfully obvious that Sasuke was never going to be able to fully reunite with Naruto and Sakura again. He was either going to die or live outside Konoha.
Naruto was the best person for Sakura and that will never change. No matter what trash excuse the ending throws at us. 
"BuT wHaTs BeSt FoR nArUdO iS hInAtAts1!1!" 
I dunno man. Sakura never tried to kill Naruto or made him cry or treated him like trash as Sasuke did to her.

And man, let's not forget how badly Sasuke's wants were ignored. Just the guys. Naruto wanted Sakura. Sasuke wanted nothing to do with Sakura. 
But who cares about their wants, right? They're just dumb boys who don't know what love is. /s

The bias and ignorance is strong. So are the double standards.

Man, I just wanted what was best for Naruto and Sakura. It was blindingly obvious that the best for them was each other. They were always so happy around one another. All the support, the comfort, the chemistry and teamwork. But this false idea of love, big tatas and character bias was just too strong apparently.  :zaru: 

Edited by Moon_Girl, 27 May 2020 - 08:17 AM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#51869 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 04:14 AM

OH!!! I remember this. I had no idea that was the subtle/cultural message happening there. I know bentos are important, but I didn't make that connection. You are so right. A wife making a bento would be a big deal to a husband who was actually in love with his wife. He WOULDN'T think of his childhood rival and his lifelong crush.

Honestly, I feel like it could be the counterpoint for Karin holding the umbilical cord for Sarada, instead of Sakura. That was another deeply engrained cultural thing that could be easily overlooked. But it would be only something a mother would have. So it's really  unusual for Karin to have it. In the same way that it would be unusual for Naruto to blow off Hinata's devotion delivered with the bent box.

I agree, this is Kishi saying that none of them are happy. And yeah, the rabid Hinata shippers seem to ignore the fact that she is such a passive player, stumbling in the her moment to shine, and her love is just completely overlooked by Naruto. It's such an unsatisfying ending, for all of them. 

#51870 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:59 AM

OH!!! I remember this. I had no idea that was the subtle/cultural message happening there. I know bentos are important, but I didn't make that connection. You are so right. A wife making a bento would be a big deal to a husband who was actually in love with his wife. He WOULDN'T think of his childhood rival and his lifelong crush.

Honestly, I feel like it could be the counterpoint for Karin holding the umbilical cord for Sarada, instead of Sakura. That was another deeply engrained cultural thing that could be easily overlooked. But it would be only something a mother would have. So it's really  unusual for Karin to have it. In the same way that it would be unusual for Naruto to blow off Hinata's devotion delivered with the bent box.

I agree, this is Kishi saying that none of them are happy. And yeah, the rabid Hinata shippers seem to ignore the fact that she is such a passive player, stumbling in the her moment to shine, and her love is just completely overlooked by Naruto. It's such an unsatisfying ending, for all of them. 

I can imagine too that this also is subtlety by Kishimoto to say "**** you!" to the fans who ruined Naruto and made it what it is today.

#51871 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 01:17 AM

And not to mention even the UNSUBTLE hints that westerners SHOULD understand in no uncertain terms. Naruto asks Sakura out a few times in the manga, and she even called going with him to talk about Sasuke and her concerns about him leaving with Orochimaru "a date" so he would go with her, meaning she knows Naruto was not really kidding around. Fast forward to part II, Who asked Naruto if she looked more womanly? Who was crying when Naruto turned into his four tailed form and begged for him to come back to normal? who offered to feed Naruto when he broke his right arm and had trouble eating with his left hand? who hugged Naruto in front of the whole village? *Hint* NOT HINATA. And this isn't a complicated subject or question. If HINATA was suppose to be the future girlfriend and wife, WHY DIDN'T she pop up in ANY of the scenes I listed? a typical anime love interest would at least be in at least some of those scenarios, but we get nothing.

For the last bleeding time. It is a story teller's JOB to make any fictional romance or relationship believable. If you can't do that then why would the audience believe in your intentions for it? Again this is me bringing up the past, but it was essential that any one that was vouching for this couple to actually get some development between them. And no matter "how romantic" "The Last: Naruto the Movie" is, (hah, but not actually) WAS IT WORTH tarnishing all the characters like that? Naruto turning into NARDO and not understanding what love is despite wanting it all of his life, or how he could tell any type of love or loyalty between other characters before the movie, plus became the "jerk jock" who only wanted the girl he was pining for years only as a kitten measuring contest between him and his eternal rival? Was it worth turning Sakura into a hypocrite that said to Nardo that he only wanted her as part of his rivalry with Sasuke when SHE AND INO did the same thing, and basically that means her friendship with Nardo was just a convenience to her until her sexilicious Sasuke-kun came back? Was it worth turning Hinata into a mindless bimbo with only Nardo in the brain and couldn't give less of a damn about her own family, with her sister having her eyes gouged out and all she could think about was knitting a effing scarf for her beloved that he didn't even need? Actually scratch that, that is perfectly in character for her the manga confirms. :zaru: My point stands though, the MC and one of the the primary POV characters WERE RUINED for this couple 

They don't care at this point.

It's a "Don't care. Still Married. Still canon." mindset that as long as they won the canon...nothing else matters.

You see, this is why proenders are MORE delusional than any other Naruto fandom on here. They truly believe that their fanfiction is the REAL canon and anything Kishimoto writes is simply "death of the author." And they will make any excuse to justify it all IF you bring it up.

You bring up Naruto not being home?
"Well, obviously, he love Hinata so much he wants to give her a good life so he works alot."

You bring up Naruto looking miserable in everything except when he is with Sasuke and even with Sakura?
"Oh, that is his platonic love he has for them."

Naruto's burning love for Hinata is SOOOOOOOO bright in their eyes that not even Naruto himself truly understands it. It is amazing how overly glorified they have made NH's "loving marriage."

It is borderline obsessive.

There is a mental condition called "Obsessive Love Disorder" and it basically is SS and NH to a T
"A healthy love relationship usually evolves over time such that it no longer involves the near desperate intensity and fervor of infatuation. The infatuation stage of romantic love usually occurs in the early months in a healthy love relationship. It can involve persistent thoughts of the love object and wanting to spend every moment with that person"

Boom....Sakura wants to spend all her time with Sasuke. Hinata wanted to spend all her time with Naruto. Fans think that the main reason why NH and SS belong together is because the girls were in love with the guys right off the bat and it was "true love" without any reason other than "they don't need one."

"The objects of love for women who love obsessively are often people who have been in the role of helper in their lives."

Hinata expresses how Naruto "helped her out" even though he didn't directly do anything.
People think Hinata is perfect for Naruto because she supported him in quiet before anyone else and she loves him because "He gave her confidence." Essentially "you owe me one."

"The person who loves obsessively may behave as if addicted to their love object."

So what did Kishimoto say again?

What causes it?
Low self-esteem/a tendency of needing excessive reassurance (Hinata definitely. Maybe Sakura, but she has it to a lesser degree.)
Obsessively talking about their loved object ("Naruto-kun," "Saskeh-kun")
Making repeated calls, texts, and/or faxes to the love object (This one doesn't really apply that well, but constant flirting throughout the series could be similar)
A tendency to have extremely good or bad (not balanced) feelings about someone (Hinata is overly praising of Naruto. Naruto is over praising Sasuke. Sakura overly praises Sasuke.)
A tendency to focus on only the positive or the negative aspects of their loved one (self-explanatory)
Trouble focusing on work, recreation, socializing, or other aspects of their lives outside of the object of their affection (This is Hinata ten-fold. She focuses more on her love and affection for Naruto than even her own ninja training.)

Excessive joy, to the point of relief, when able to get in touch with or be with their love object (Hinata...Hinata...Hinata....Hinata...Hinata. Her whole clan is in civil war, her cousin is dead, her sister is kidnapped....and yet she cared more about Naruto's hand, Naruto's scarf, and her own love than anything else.)

It is just disgusting.

And like we've been arguing for years, THE GUYS don't get a say in whether they love the girls back, they OWE the girls to return their love. you see Sakura pouring her whole heart to Sasuke and he ignored her, told her to leave him alone/not to concern herself with him, and at his worst, STOMPED on her feelings (again chapter 693). You see Hinata straight up declaring her love for Naruto, and despite that he was still having his thoughts on Sakura, even straight up saying to his revived father Sakura could be called his "girlfriend" and still getting envious for her attention. So you see that is how deep the denial goes, because we all see Naruto's preference and Sasuke lack of interest, but the story ultimately FORCED these couples because women are defined by their first love and nothing else and the men owe back the women that first loved them their feelings (and again by that logic Sasuke should have a harem, and Ino is a "terrible woman"/thot). :lmao:  There was not emotional bonding and intimate stability between these couples like there was with Naruto and Sakura, where the each person laid themselves bare to their significant other and were accepted and accepted the other in turn. And ultimately Naruto and Sakura's tender, inmtimate and affectionate bond WAS CALLED A RED HERRING. That message in itself is EVEN MORE DISGUSTING :superior: So EFFF ALL OF THIS $@%^. This story isn't worth a G.D. to me any more. It's beyond broken. :down:

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 June 2020 - 10:08 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51872 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:26 AM

Yes indeed. Let's not forget the umbilical cord fiasco.

So, for those who aren't familiar with Japanese culture; umbilical cord is normally kept securely by Japanese Mothers.

I know my Japanese friends keep their children's umbilical cord as part of the tradition (to be given to the children when they grow up, or when they leave the house to be independent, e.g. married).

Keeping it securely shows how much the mother appreciate their children (hence their husband to the extent) as they keep reminded about the cord that 'connects' the two. Literally.

Now, we were shown that Sarada's umbilical cord is not in Sakura's custody. And the manga explained that it's a symbol of connection between Sakura and Karin. In which Sakura gave to Karin as a symbol of friendship. lol. What a load of BS.

"Hey Karin, Sasuke is mine now, thanks for helping me deliver his daughter. Here, you can have my baby's umbilical cord as a memento of our friendship. Oh, btw, Sasuke is not around." Note: He's never around during my pregnancy and he's not going to be around in the next decade or so. We also found out he doesn't even recognised his daughter nor aware of her existence.

So, Karin is going to be the one giving the umbilical cord when Sarada get married one day? Can you imagine how Sarada would feel, when everyone else is getting their umbilical cord upon growing up or upon marriage, yet her mom won't give it to her because she gave it to someone else. That's how much value Sarada have in front of her parents.

A friendship memento can be anything, but definitely not umbilical cord.

The manga tried hard to emphasis that connection/bond transcend biological relationship. But there's an elephant in the room: Sakura and Sasuke don't care about their daughter.

We were shown caring parents through Kushina and Minato in this franchise. You dont see it with NH/SS.

I'd question the sanity of a husband who don't want to see his wife in over a decade. Let alone aware that he has a daughter. Let alone support his family financially.

I'd question the sanity of a wife who let such kind of relationship to carry on and make the daughter to be the victim of the situation.

This isnt tough love. This isnt bond.

This is outright a sad couple who can't accept the truth that they dont belong with each other. And the repetitive theme of "I don't belong here" also applies with Naruto & Hinata. They don't see each other. They don't think of one another, as far as the manga goes.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#51873 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:55 AM

And the repetitive theme of "I don't belong here" also applies with Naruto & Hinata. They don't see each other. They don't think of one another, as far as the manga goes.

You would think that Hinata fans would be upset by her role. Out of ALL the Konoha girls, she's the ONLY one who is a retired ninja. Canonically retired. She got her dream of being a house mom. For the people who claim that she's this almighty, super powerful goddess of the Hyuuga, you'd think they would be angry about this since no training = losing your power.
Then again, they do know that Studio Pierrot wouldn't do that to Hinata-chan-hime-sama. After all, she did suddenly get an insane power boost in 'The Last' that she never enough worked for, never earned, nor was she even born with it. It literally came out of nowhere with no explanation other than "HYUUGA PRINCESS HIME SAMA CHAN!!!11!!!1!" Studio Pierrot is as bad as the worst western fans.

But no. Hinata just accepts that Naruto doesn't care and is never around. (No, I do not count Studio Pierrot's Burrito anime as canon) She's totally fine with it because she got what she wanted in the end. She got to bang him, she got to spit out a few crotch goblins, she got to marry him. She got everything she wanted. Even if Naruto hates his life with her, as long as he doesn't divorce her or anything, she's perfectly content. Doesn't have to bare the responsibility of her family like she was supposed to because she bailed and they let her. It's horrendously pathetic. 

Ironic how it's the girls that got what they wanted and yet both of them are too stupid to realize that their marriages are literal cancer and unhealthy. And I hate to say that about Sakura, because she's still my fav Naruto gal. But not ending + Burrito Sakura. That Sakura is a ghost of her former self and I loathe that she even shares the same name and face as the Sakura we all loved.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#51874 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

So, for those who aren't familiar with Japanese culture; umbilical cord is normally kept securely by Japanese Mothers.

I know my Japanese friends keep their children's umbilical cord as part of the tradition (to be given to the children when they grow up, or when they leave the house to be independent, e.g. married).

Keeping it securely shows how much the mother appreciate their children (hence their husband to the extent) as they keep reminded about the cord that 'connects' the two. Literally.

Now, we were shown that Sarada's umbilical cord is not in Sakura's custody. And the manga explained that it's a symbol of connection between Sakura and Karin. In which Sakura gave to Karin as a symbol of friendship. lol. What a load of BS.

"Hey Karin, Sasuke is mine now, thanks for helping me deliver his daughter. Here, you can have my baby's umbilical cord as a memento of our friendship. Oh, btw, Sasuke is not around." Note: He's never around during my pregnancy and he's not going to be around in the next decade or so. We also found out he doesn't even recognised his daughter nor aware of her existence.

So, Karin is going to be the one giving the umbilical cord when Sarada get married one day? Can you imagine how Sarada would feel, when everyone else is getting their umbilical cord upon growing up or upon marriage, yet her mom won't give it to her because she gave it to someone else. That's how much value Sarada have in front of her parents.

The manga tried hard to emphasis that connection/bond transcend biological relationship. But there's an elephant in the room: Sakura and Sasuke don't care about their daughter.

We were shown caring parents through Kushina and Minato in this franchise. You dont see it with NH/SS.

I'd question the sanity of a husband who don't want to see his wife in over a decade. Let alone aware that he has a daughter. Let alone support his family financially.

I'd question the sanity of a wife who let such kind of relationship to carry on and make the daughter to be the victim of the situation.

This is outright a sad couple who can't accept the truth that they dont belong with each other. And the repetitive theme of "I don't belong here" also applies with Naruto & Hinata. They don't see each other. They don't think of one another, as far as the manga goes.

Sakura's birth story and that whole umblicial Karin drama has always been perplexing to me. Why write it? What was the goal? What was the message?

Out of all the things he could have written, why make the drama be tied to someone (Karin) who doesn't reappear in the epilogue, will never return to play any part in Sarada's life in the Boruto series. It's not like this is some kind of Jiraiya role, where he its foreshadowing that he's coming back to play the mentor. Karin just drops out. So why make the whole Sakura-Sarada-birth drama hinge on a character that's done?

Heck, Sakura might as well have given the umblicial cord to Shino!!

I just wonder if they intended to reveal that Sarada was adopted, and that she found out the truth that Sakura wasn't her mother, but she still loved her anyway. It would make so much more sense. Karin still got Sasuke, Sakura still crushes on her unrequited love, Sasuke gets to resurrect his clan without actually being there. 

And as for Sakura, it really diminishes her in the manga, making her look like the mopey Hinata role still chasing after someone who doesn't notice her, thus not threatening the actual Hinata who has been elevated to heroine status through her out-of-left-field relationship with Naruto. Making Sarada be adopted really fulfills the cycle of hatred they have for Sakura by robbing her of her last ability: natural childbirth/motherhood.

I wonder if they originally wrote an adoption story, with Naruto swooping in to be the hero and explain how it's not who you love but who you're with (or whatever he said in that weirdo pep talk he gave Sarada), then Sarada can turn around and continue to love both her father and adoptive mother, with Naruto still being the hero.

Except, maybe they didn't realize how popular SS would become after the ending, and that's why they switched it around. When they figured out they could capitalize on the ship, and that there were people who actually liked the story's real HEROINE. It wouldn't be hard either: just change the text. Instead of Karin having the baby it would be Sakura. 

That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Why else involve Sasuke's most overt love interest, who was set up as the parallel to NS in the war, and who is never going to be part of the series again?! For an off-camera friendship with Sakura? Nope. 

Karin was the mother. Sakura was the adoptive mother. They just changed it at the end to make some $$ on SS.

#51875 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 29 May 2020 - 04:49 PM

I agree that whole thing makes no sense also the fact no one notice with a baby bump or that she was gone for months you'd think someone would notice that and also Sakura is not that dumb to risk her baby safe to look for Sasuke.
You would think that Hinata fans would be upset by her role. Out of ALL the Konoha girls, she's the ONLY one who is a retired ninja. Canonically retired. She got her dream of being a house mom. For the people who claim that she's this almighty, super powerful goddess of the Hyuuga, you'd think they would be angry about this since no training = losing your power.
Then again, they do know that Studio Pierrot wouldn't do that to Hinata-chan-hime-sama. After all, she did suddenly get an insane power boost in 'The Last' that she never enough worked for, never earned, nor was she even born with it. It literally came out of nowhere with no explanation other than "HYUUGA PRINCESS HIME SAMA CHAN!!!11!!!1!" Studio Pierrot is as bad as the worst western fans.
But no. Hinata just accepts that Naruto doesn't care and is never around. (No, I do not count Studio Pierrot's Burrito anime as canon) She's totally fine with it because she got what she wanted in the end. She got to bang him, she got to spit out a few crotch goblins, she got to marry him. She got everything she wanted. Even if Naruto hates his life with her, as long as he doesn't divorce her or anything, she's perfectly content. Doesn't have to bare the responsibility of her family like she was supposed to because she bailed and they let her. It's horrendously pathetic. 
Ironic how it's the girls that got what they wanted and yet both of them are too stupid to realize that their marriages are literal cancer and unhealthy. And I hate to say that about Sakura, because she's still my fav Naruto gal. But not ending + Burrito Sakura. That Sakura is a ghost of her former self and I loathe that she even shares the same name and face as the Sakura we all loved.

Agreed all the characters save hinata are shells of what they were before I say hinata cause she's the only one that got what she want in the end which makes me wonder what makes her so special, cause think about there's nothing special about her at all.

Edited by VanitasDS76491, 29 May 2020 - 04:51 PM.

#51876 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:34 PM

Agreed all the characters save hinata are shells of what they were before I say hinata cause she's the only one that got what she want in the end which makes me wonder what makes her so special, cause think about there's nothing special about her at all.

Boobs! She's got boobs!

That's what's special about her! 

Never mind the creepy eyes or kittened up family history, it's all about thuh boobies! 

#51877 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 May 2020 - 07:36 PM

Boobs! She's got boobs!

Never mind the creepy eyes or kittened up family history, it's all about thuh boobies! 

I don't know why those fans think about boobs when we have Tsunade and later Samui for that.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#51878 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 07:59 PM

I don't know why those fans think about boobs when we have Tsunade and later Samui for that.

Plus it's not like Ino or Sakura aren't lacking in boobs either... XP

#51879 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 May 2020 - 09:00 PM

Plus it's not like Ino or Sakura aren't lacking in boobs either... XP

Yes for Ino of course. But fans ignored Sakura because of how SP drew her flat as a cardboard, most of the time, excludes certain scenes like in Shippuden Movie 2. But  Masashi always drew her with good hips and curves.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#51880 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:00 AM

Boobs! She's got boobs!

sorry but that doesn't count I mean one piece and fairy tail has girls that are hot and more developed as characters more than hinata

Agreed mei to and kushina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users