61 replies to this topic

#21 Ex-psych75

Ex-psych75

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

I'm already going hungry saving up on the wii-u deluxe. I'd probably get new mario bros wii-u.

I was hoping to get rayman legends, but Ubisoft thought differently sleep.gif

tumblr_inline_miqm96XVxj1qz4rgp.gif

#22 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Third Partys aren't going to be too kind to ninty this gen either unfortunately.
\

#23 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

I am now the owner of a Wii U!

Amazon and ASDA are selling the 8GB Basic for £150 - £100 less than the RRP - so I couldn't resist that deal. Sure, 8GB of onboard storage is pretty low, but you can expand that with SD cards and USB hard drives.

I added ZombiU for £20 and grabbed NintendoLand as well. I haven't played ZombiU yet, but NintendoLand has been fun so far, and it was pretty cool to play Super Mario World on the Gamepad's screen. smile.gif

Super Metroid will be available on the Wii U's Virtual Console for 30p next week, which is an insanely fantastic deal. biggrin.gif

#24 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

Congrats Kage Smiter!!! biggrin.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#25 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Thanks. happy.gif

Polygon recently relayed the news that Nintendo will still hold a pre-E3 conference and Nintendo Direct.

New Mario Kart, 3D Mario title, Smash Bros, and Wii Party are all promised. Those are all nice, but hopefully we'll also get some interesting third party titles.

#26 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Coolio!!!

#27 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 6 2013, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am now the owner of a Wii U!

Amazon and ASDA are selling the 8GB Basic for £150 - £100 less than the RRP - so I couldn't resist that deal. Sure, 8GB of onboard storage is pretty low, but you can expand that with SD cards and USB hard drives.

I added ZombiU for £20 and grabbed NintendoLand as well. I haven't played ZombiU yet, but NintendoLand has been fun so far, and it was pretty cool to play Super Mario World on the Gamepad's screen. smile.gif

Super Metroid will be available on the Wii U's Virtual Console for 30p next week, which is an insanely fantastic deal. biggrin.gif

Hey hey, Congrats! That's an even better deal than I got. wow.png

I'm still working on Xenoblade Chronicles, and got mine mostly as an excuse to upgrade (and give my family my old Wii, since they needed a Netflix box and something to play Wii Sports on), but I'm pretty surprised at how much fun Nintendoland is. The Zelda, Metroid, and Pikmin games kept me occupied for quite a while. It's definitely targeting gaming hobbyists over families though, so I can see why it hasn't taken off the same way Wii Sports did.

Now let's just cross our fingers for those Ambassador games. pictureem0.gif

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 8 2013, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Polygon recently relayed the news that Nintendo will still hold a pre-E3 conference and Nintendo Direct.

New Mario Kart, 3D Mario title, Smash Bros, and Wii Party are all promised. Those are all nice, but hopefully we'll also get some interesting third party titles.

I hope Smash Bros. 4 gets a decent amount of time at the showcase. I've been pretty psyched about it since word of Namco getting involved first came out, and I've been worried with the reports of Sakurai's tendonitis that it'd be delayed substantially. Not that I'd prefer one of my favorite developers risk his health over the game, of course, but I hope the Namco team can lessen the burden on him somewhat.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#28 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Super Boom @ May 10 2013, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey hey, Congrats! That's an even better deal than I got. wow.png

I'm still working on Xenoblade Chronicles, and got mine mostly as an excuse to upgrade (and give my family my old Wii, since they needed a Netflix box and something to play Wii Sports on), but I'm pretty surprised at how much fun Nintendoland is. The Zelda, Metroid, and Pikmin games kept me occupied for quite a while. It's definitely targeting gaming hobbyists over families though, so I can see why it hasn't taken off the same way Wii Sports did.

Now let's just cross our fingers for those Ambassador games. pictureem0.gif

I hope Smash Bros. 4 gets a decent amount of time at the showcase. I've been pretty psyched about it since word of Namco getting involved first came out, and I've been worried with the reports of Sakurai's tendonitis that it'd be delayed substantially. Not that I'd prefer one of my favorite developers risk his health over the game, of course, but I hope the Namco team can lessen the burden on him somewhat.

Thanks! I had been planning to hold out for a £200-ish Premium, but a Basic at £150 is not to be sniffed at, and it matches my Wiimotes. tongue.gif Nintendoland is definitely fun so far, but I still haven't started ZombiU because I've been so busy with life!

I still need to finish Xenoblade and Skyward Sword as well. sweatdrop.gif The worst thing about stopping in an RPG like Xenoblade is that it takes a while to pick everything back up, to remember the combat skills and where you are in the story, and so on.

Not sure what I'll do with my old Wii, my family has a few of their own, and the reselling/trade-in value is a joke. sad.gif I'll probably just store it for now.

I'm most looking forward to the new Wii Party, since the original is very popular with my family. Before the Wii came out, I would have never thought that I'd be gaming with my mother and aunts and uncles! They just love those games for being so simple and fun.

Didn't know Sakurai was having health problems, I hope he pulls through! I'd actually be quite content with waiting longer for Smash Bros, especially since it was sprung as a surprise on Sakurai himself at the Wii U unveiling. tongue.gif

#29 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

Bad news for the Wii U -

http://games.yahoo.c...-193641776.html

#30 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 20 2013, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With the PS4 and the next Xbox due to be release this year the WiiU it's going to get crush by the competition.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#31 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 21 2013, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the PS4 and the next Xbox due to be release this year the WiiU it's going to get crush by the competition.

I don't know, after seeing MS's conference I'm thinking i'll be getting a WiiU as a second console instead of a Xbox One.

iAnby7W.gif

#32 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 13 2013, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still need to finish Xenoblade and Skyward Sword as well. sweatdrop.gif The worst thing about stopping in an RPG like Xenoblade is that it takes a while to pick everything back up, to remember the combat skills and where you are in the story, and so on.

I'm working through Xenoblade really slowly as well, since it requires such a time commitment. I don't think I've had a session with it that didn't last over an hour. But the story is so good, I keep forcing myself to play it regularly, so I don't forget anything.

I know it's not really the thread for this, but dang, I'm in love with that game. I can't believe I only heard about it a few months before I got it. It's like Final Fantasy meets Skyrim combined with one of the best musical scores I've ever heard in a video game. If X really is a sequel to it, I don't think I can avoid picking it up. happy.gif

Didn't know Sakurai was having health problems, I hope he pulls through! I'd actually be quite content with waiting longer for Smash Bros, especially since it was sprung as a surprise on Sakurai himself at the Wii U unveiling. tongue.gif

Since Namco is co-developing the next Smash with Sora Ltd, I'm hoping that's relieving his burden somewhat. Iwata has confirmed we'll be getting some news on it (as well as Mario Kart and 3D Mario at E3), so I'd guess that means it's progressing along. Though as long as it's as fun as the last three, I won't complain about how long it takes.

It's like Miyamoto says: "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

QUOTE (harry4e @ May 21 2013, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know, after seeing MS's conference I'm thinking i'll be getting a WiiU as a second console instead of a Xbox One.

Ha ha ha, my first thought after the post-conference coverage was how at least someone was ruining their launch worse than Nintendo did. Sure will be nice not having to pay an extra fee to play used games on my system. Or have to use the internet to play anything if I ever bring it out to my parent's place.

------------

Couple things for Wii U owners (however few there are here):

Virtual Console is now up. You have to pay a fee to bring Wii VC games onto the Wii U menu (something like $1.00/$1.50), and it basically just allows you to use the Gamepad to play the game, and use system restore points. It's the same system the 3DS Virtual Console uses, it basically just freezes the game until the next time you play. It's really handy for retro games that didn't incorporate game saving. You can still play the VC games on the Wii menu, if you don't want to pay the fee.

If you own Super Mario World on the VC, Super Mario Bros. 2 is being offered at a discount (50% off, which I think is $2.50 on the U.S. eShop) until tomorrow. I guess it's a good deal if you didn't have it already.

Super Metroid is on sale for $0.30. Pretty much no reason not to get it at that price, unless you really hate Metroid for some reason. I think the sale lasts till Mid-May, but I might be wrong.

There's also an system update, but I don't think it's that significant. At least compared to the one last month.

#33 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

Being a dedicated fan to Nintendo, I knew I would have to buy this system eventually...but it took a new Sonic reveal to get me sold on purchasing one in the future.

Edited by MangaReader, 23 May 2013 - 04:24 AM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#34 Ex-psych75

Ex-psych75

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Finally I got my Wii-u, just in time for e3, Nintendo don't disappoint me.

tumblr_inline_miqm96XVxj1qz4rgp.gif

#35 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

Since when has Nintendo disappointed? :P Well granted they released a bit TOO MANY casual games for the Wii, but justified that they were trying to appeal the experience of gaming to all ages. :cool:

#36 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Since when has Nintendo disappointed? :P Well granted they released a bit TOO MANY casual games for the Wii, but justified that they were trying to appeal the experience of gaming to all ages. :cool:

This past year was a pretty big disappointment.

EDIT:If you live in The US, select Best Buys will have Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong and Windwaker HD to demo the next few days, I'm definitely going to check it out.

Edited by Mik3, 11 June 2013 - 05:28 PM.

\

#37 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Welp... guess I'm now gonna have to purchase the Wii U... Sonic Lost World and Smash Bros U seem amazing

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

This past year was a pretty big disappointment.

Again those are casual games that are not really anything but for lighthearted enjoyment. That's why I laid back on buying a Wii U. There did not seem to be anything that truly interested me yet. But things will get better after E3 apparently. :) besides you would have to see the top games on the console before even considering it a disappointment. Nintendo has not launched it's real titles yet. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 June 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#39 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

Welp. This was the highlight of the E3 Direct for me.

Still can't really tell if it's a sequel to Xenoblade or not. Doesn't matter though, since I'm getting it for sure. Monolith's really becoming one of my favorite developers. If the story's even half as good as Xenoblade I can't see a reason not to play this one.

Windwaker HD looks pretty tight too. I skimmed through most of the extras, but new Donkey Kong and Mario are always nice I guess. 

Too bad we didn't get any news on FE / SMT. *crosses fingers for TGS

EDIT: Can't figure out how to embed videos. I'll just post a link.

Edited by Super Boom, 12 June 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#40 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

Welp. This was the highlight of the E3 Direct for me.

Still can't really tell if it's a sequel to Xenoblade or not. Doesn't matter though, since I'm getting it for sure. Monolith's really becoming one of my favorite developers. If the story's even half as good as Xenoblade I can't see a reason not to play this one.

Windwaker HD looks pretty tight too. I skimmed through most of the extras, but new Donkey Kong and Mario are always nice I guess. 

Too bad we didn't get any news on FE / SMT. *crosses fingers for TGS

EDIT: Can't figure out how to embed videos. I'll just post a link.

on the post screen go to special BBCode

drop down to media

drop your link in the box provided

easy as pie

Edited by Verilance, 12 June 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users