• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:wonderfulandterriblethings.tumblr

Revolution on NarutoForums

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:01 AM

regular link: https://www.fanficti...1/Love-is-worth

mobile link:   https://m.fanfiction...1/Love-is-worth

This is really good and needs love based on the negative reviews.

Forgive me, but it is a negative view of SasuSaku and not having seen any romantic mutual support between them in part 2 or even 3, I also share the view they would be less then happy together. Possible trigger warning, but no rape.

Edited by Sarahmint, 10 April 2015 - 04:18 PM.

Was once Sasuke's biggest fan.

And then chapter 699 happened.

He should have called Kakashi out on his hypocrisy,

instead he was left alone by Naruto...

#2 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:57 AM

This certainly represented how SS was portrayed in the manga

cheers to the author

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#3 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:47 AM

https://m.fanfiction...1/Love-is-worth

Forgive me, but it is a negative view of SasuSaku and not having seen any romantic mutual support between them in part 2 or even 3, I also share the view they would be less then happy together. Possible trigger warning, but no rape.

It's a realistic view of SasuSaku and the SasuSaku fans don't like that. Of course it has negative reviews. :lol:

But it's really sad, though. That there are a lot of people in this world that view SasuSaku romantic in any way, shape or form.

Edward x Bella in Twilight is often scolded as being an abusive relationship. But good grief, it is a million times more romantic than SasuSaku. At least there's mutual love there. :roll:

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#4 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

SS is morally reprehensible. It exist solely with Sakura being the self insert character for people to live threw well they "change the bad boy" or become "dominated by the bad boy".

I've said it a thousand times, but it's still true today as then, Sasuke Uchiha wouldn't have a quarter of the fans he has now if he looked like Quasimodo.

#5 Sarahmint

Sarahmint

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

SS is morally reprehensible. It exist solely with Sakura being the self insert character for people to live threw well they "change the bad boy" or become "dominated by the bad boy".

I've said it a thousand times, but it's still true today as then, Sasuke Uchiha wouldn't have a quarter of the fans he has now if he looked like Quasimodo.

I love Sasuke and I don't care what he looks like.  I only care what he thinks like because his character was ruined in 699.  However, it's true that I do wonder if he would still be popular if he was ugly.  A lot of the people from SS like the way they look and Sakura's beauty and Sasuke's sexiness but the second it comes to his actions of philosophy, one die hard SS fan in particular just called him "ebul" (evil) instead of just accepting him for who he is (that Sasuke might be right about the system being the evil one).  

Going a little further, the scene in 693 where Sakura is begging Sasuke "to return things to the way they were" with Sasuke trembling, it's because his loved ones are dead and he can never go back to the way things were.  If anything, he can only pretend to be happy to satisfy Naruto's wish of Team 7 being together again, which they actually were not at the end, lol.

sorry for this post

#6 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:19 AM

Constant reinforcement that Sasuke is cool, mysterious and good looking is the only reason that character became popular at the beginning. After that Sasuke fans only looked at his character through rose-colored glasses no matter what he was shown doing in the story.

#7 Sarahmint

Sarahmint

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:54 PM

Constant reinforcement that Sasuke is cool, mysterious and good looking is the only reason that character became popular at the beginning. After that Sasuke fans only looked at his character through rose-colored glasses no matter what he was shown doing in the story.

I am a Sasuke fan and can assure you his good looks are only the icing on the cake.  His character was deep and was a good fighter for an opposing philosophy of Naruto, complimenting his and would have been a good partner had the ending not reducing him to a Konoha apologist, when Konoha was wrong the whole time.

chapter 700 Sasuke is dead to me   He was all about love of family and destroying the evil that took away his, until 699.

#8 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:38 AM

Well, sorry but I gotta disagree. Sasuke to me was just your garden variety psychopath. A poorly written version of Batman. Sasuke's story and actions are actually no different than a lot of real life serial killers. Tragic past and all. That's why him being or even seeking to be redeemed seems so far fetched to me. People like that don't change to that extent. So sorry again, but I can't find anything good about that character. But, hey everyone sees things differently. 

#9 Sarahmint

Sarahmint

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

Well, sorry but I gotta disagree. Sasuke to me was just your garden variety psychopath. A poorly written version of Batman. Sasuke's story and actions are actually no different than a lot of real life serial killers. Tragic past and all. That's why him being or even seeking to be redeemed seems so far fetched to me. People like that don't change to that extent. So sorry again, but I can't find anything good about that character. But, hey everyone sees things differently. 

It's sad that it's true.  Sasuke was written that way with abandoning Taka, shooting Karin, and asking Naruto "what does friend mean to you" as if he doesn't get it.  Even though Karin sensed Sasuke's chakra "changed" it never got any more in depth then that.

I wish Sasuke would use outer path to revive the rest of the Uchiha clan in a way that Naruto would settle their demands without murdering them all like Itachi did.

The thing about Sasuke is he can be interpreted to be mad at the world and lash out against it because that is how he knows to go about the world since he was raised in violence and loneliness, so it's what he became accustomed to.

Before the ending, I expected Naruto and Sasuke to work together to change the shinobi system into something more prosperous and less bloodthirsty.  Instead we got this, and children are still being sent to the frontlines as ninjas...  everything I expected Sasuke to be against with his revolution.  It's very likely I misinterpreted his character as a tragic hero instead of a typical shonen antagonist existing only to be defeated.

Edit:  Thinking about this, what do you think of the scene with Sasuke in the bar with Tobi and he is about to take a drink when he overhears people talking about Itachi and how Sasuke is now a hero who will receive medals?  Wouldn't he be a psychopath if he just accepts the medals and fame?  It's an easy way to glory and power.  He seemed unsettled with the lie and felt it unjust.

Edit 2:  While there are moments Sasuke seems psychopathic, half of what he does comes from emotion and empathy from specific people - his brother, his family, or Naruto.  Even his fight against Naruto was in a place that was sentimental to both of them.  He could have picked any place, but he picked that spot.  Someone who doesn't care about meaning and only cares about results would not waste time doing that.

Edited by Sarahmint, 30 April 2015 - 06:28 AM.

#10 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:29 AM

1) To be honest Sasuke was never shown, after the massacre, to be someone who wanted acknowledgement from others. The only acknowledgement he ever really wanted was from his father and Itachi. What Sasuke wanted post massacre was power and was willing to do almost anything to get it. So long as it wasn't the way Itachi got it. He was praised a lot when he was still in Konoha so he has no need for more praise considering he had a new target at that point for his revenge.

This makes Sasuke more of a mission based killer. He focuses on a target and will do whatever needs to be done to eliminate the target. It's the mark of a particular kind of psychopath. His initial need for revenge turned into a constant need for revenge that can't be sated. First he wanted revenge against Itachi, then Danzo, then all of Konoha and then the elemental nations and the ninja system as a whole. 

2) Sasuke's family will always be special to him because their deaths were his trigger. No matter how much he hated his brother initially Itachi is forever a part of his lost family and he can't shake that. Sasuke is a full blown psychopath with sociopathic tendencies, but not a true sociopath. If he was a true sociopath his families massacre wouldn't have affected him the way it did.

Now with Naruto, Sasuke only really showed him any kind of empathy at the beginning. Understanding his loneliness. After Sasuke's defection their interactions were antagonistic with Sasuke being shocked at Naruto's empathy for him. Never really the other way around. And that final battle being at VotE was less about it being sentimental for Sasuke and more of a dig at Naruto since the last time they fought there Sasuke was the one that walked away the winner. Plus everyone knew that's where Kishi would place their final fight. That was done more for nostalgia purposes than anything else.

#11 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

It's sad to think this was written weeks before the Gaiden started and proved that this was exactly how the SS relationship was. Wasn't my cup of tea personally, as I think it painted Sakura in a much worse light than even the manga has shown and tried to justify Sasuke's actions like always, because he can't ever be in the wrong....Sasuke fans and their rose tinted glasses.

iAnby7W.gif

#12 Sarahmint

Sarahmint

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:50 PM

1) To be honest Sasuke was never shown, after the massacre, to be someone who wanted acknowledgement from others. The only acknowledgement he ever really wanted was from his father and Itachi. What Sasuke wanted post massacre was power and was willing to do almost anything to get it. So long as it wasn't the way Itachi got it. He was praised a lot when he was still in Konoha so he has no need for more praise considering he had a new target at that point for his revenge.

This makes Sasuke more of a mission based killer. He focuses on a target and will do whatever needs to be done to eliminate the target. It's the mark of a particular kind of psychopath. His initial need for revenge turned into a constant need for revenge that can't be sated. First he wanted revenge against Itachi, then Danzo, then all of Konoha and then the elemental nations and the ninja system as a whole. 

2) Sasuke's family will always be special to him because their deaths were his trigger. No matter how much he hated his brother initially Itachi is forever a part of his lost family and he can't shake that. Sasuke is a full blown psychopath with sociopathic tendencies, but not a true sociopath. If he was a true sociopath his families massacre wouldn't have affected him the way it did.

Now with Naruto, Sasuke only really showed him any kind of empathy at the beginning. Understanding his loneliness. After Sasuke's defection their interactions were antagonistic with Sasuke being shocked at Naruto's empathy for him. Never really the other way around. And that final battle being at VotE was less about it being sentimental for Sasuke and more of a dig at Naruto since the last time they fought there Sasuke was the one that walked away the winner. Plus everyone knew that's where Kishi would place their final fight. That was done more for nostalgia purposes than anything else.

It's ironic how the sharingan power "feeling too much" contradicts Sasuke as a full blown psychopath.  

I'm not saying you are wrong.  I'm saying Sasuke's canonical powers contradict the fact that he just might be a psychopath.  

The ending of Sasuke just leaving Naruto in 699, then again in 700 with Sasuke not having anything to do with family (which we were lead to believe was the most important thing to him the entire series) just adds to the psychopathy of the character. 

BlackBird, do you think Sasuke would be psychopathic if there was no coup and he still had his family?  If there was a coup and he still had his family?  Also, does his failed goal of becoming the world Hokage, to carry the burden of hate and pain from everyone on him and to have everyone hate him and rile against him, make him psychopathic?

Edited by Sarahmint, 03 May 2015 - 08:12 PM.

#13 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:04 AM

I laughed at the haters. They bash because they know its true. SS is a horrible pairing based on heartbreak, pain and sorrow. So they bash the losing fandom to feel better of themselves knowing very well how horrible their fav pairing is. I find it truly pathetic for them to be behaving like this but what to expect from the SS fandom not to mention the NH fandom.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#14 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:30 AM

@Sarahmint: First you have to remember that there are a lot of contradictions in canon. Second Kishi inadvertently portrayed Sasuke this way. I doubt he did any research on psychology before he wrote the characters. That's why Sasuke's redemption made sesnse to him but not to many of us readers.

To answer your first question, yes and no. Coup or no coup, Sasuke could still have been somewhat of a psychopath. Most kitten in the world are borderline psychopaths. However that doesn't mean that they are psychotic and have a need to kill. A lot of the major heads of industry have borderline psychopathic personalities. That makes them capable to do whatever needs to be done for their businesses. To become a true psychopath there usually has to be a trauma or triggering event in that person's life, and we know that Sasuke had that. If he had never lost his family in that manner though, it's highly unlikely that he would have had a psychotic break. His personality though would be kind of hard to predict. He could've grown up to be a jerk or he could've been a nice guy.

Now for your second question, the idea that Sasuke came up with is an idea that can only make sense to a psychopath. This delusion shows the height of his ego and over-inflated self worth. He believed himself powerful enough to subjugate all of the nations while also convincing himself that he was doing it for the betterment of the world. However at the end we see Kishi fail to remain consistent in Sasuke's portrayal. After his fight with Naruto he just decides to give up. Like his psychopathy just disappeared or worked itself out in the fight. He tried to make it look like giving into Naruto was what he always wanted. But the bulk of the manga says otherwise. What Sasuke wanted was his family and he was never going to get them back.

In the end Sasuke was just another character that had a forced ending due to the decision that they wanted to continue the Naruto brand through a next generation spin-off. Consistent story and character portrayals be damned.    

#15 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:10 AM

regular link: https://www.fanficti...1/Love-is-worth

mobile link:   https://m.fanfiction...1/Love-is-worth

Ewww Sasuke rubbed Sakura's "cl*t"!!!  0.0  Haha just kidding, ir was a good story. XD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Breakup, SasuSaku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users