Close
Photo

When did Sakura lose interest in wanting to be with Sasuke?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

Since we got a confirmation from Kakashi's statement in both 675 and 693. And yet in RTN she seems to have some fangirl tendencies still (especially in the Charasuke special). 

eh10ut.jpg

#2 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

When he left and said "thank you".She fell out of love when he left her.And when he wasn't around her heart saw Naruto and started to beat for him...

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#3 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

I'd say, rather around the time between the aftermath of the pain events and seeing what he had become in the land of iron.

She saw how she impacted naruto and what the promise did while her old feelings for sasuke and knowing he was part of the akatskui were a driving conflict.

While it still wouldn't be an easy thing to see when she only wanted to get him back more for the purpose of team 7 as a whole, not herself like originally, I would say its fallen more in line with well how Naruto came to impact her and the stuff she did in the war that revolved around him like  in 573 to not let him do it alone, the speech in 630, 662-663, that type of thing.

Well you know one thing though, she smiles around naruto and cries around sasuke. Kinda shows a difference of who she is happy around and who is not nice around her.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#4 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:48 PM

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#5 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

I think she was questioning her feelings for a long time.  Like when Karui asked Sakura what Sasuke was to her.  She couldn't answer.

But overall, I think Sai's visit while Tsunade was in the coma was the last straw.  I think she realized then how utterly stupid and blind and just plain wrong she had been.  

I truly believe that Sakura made her decision to let go of Sasuke at that moment.  That doesn't mean she didn't want to still save him from his horrible choices, but I think that whatever was left of her romantic love for Sasuke died upon Sai's convicting words.

#6 Sav from Australia

Sav from Australia

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:33 AM

Has she really lost interest is my question?  Because after the whole clarification in translation over 693, at the end of the day she did say something that might or might not have romantic connotations.  Why not just say she views him as her precious teammate - which would have made a much bigger impact and then Kakashi would not have had to clarify.  At the end of the day, Sakura said something with romantic connotations.  How is this supposed to be viewed in the manga?  I am not familiar with Japanese and maybe in Japan the whole scene just flows by - but logically, why say one thing when you mean another?

I tried to look at it every other way but as yet, I feel as if she has been holding onto something deep down - why else use a word that can be construed for romantic love?  And to be honest, I am a bit tired of Sakura and her 'feelings'.  It didn't have to go down this way but now that it has, the author has taken his character to a place where I have less and less respect for her.

Will wait for the end to see if its further clarified but at present if it stays more or less par course, it will spoil - for me - a really great manga with great characters and will taint Sakura's character.

#7 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:43 AM

Yeah I don't know about this topic Pepsi

#8 Crow T Robot

Crow T Robot

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

Chapter 540 is when she actually started to second guess her feelings for him it seems. 

Edited by Crow T Robot, 11 October 2014 - 09:44 AM.

il_340x270.597674861_fqyl.jpg

#9 Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

she had feelings for naruto the entire time and she just didn't realize it Chapter 3.

#10 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

It's not a during a chapter but since Naruto refuse her confession. By then, she was sincere to Naruto but still confuse about what to do with Sasuke. She didn't see him yet. Then land of iron he tried to kill her twice, Kakashi twice and was ready for Naruto. The whole the next time we fight, we both gonna die was a wake up too.

Then during the war, the whole mysterious guy that nobody never saw (what his name again) but that give a her a love letter, just so she deny him. But that guy was the 1t to make her reflect on her feeling for Sasuke.

He said something along those line: That guy must be nice and being a good man.

We see during the war arc the vision Sakura got when she think of Sasuke and Kishi even put a comparaison with  how Ino feel about him in later chapter when she think about love and even how crazy Karin is about him. 

When Sasuke show up in the battlefield to side with the leaf, Sakura doesn't trust him, unlike the other rookie who were ready to end him not so long ago( except Sai and Shikamaru, possibly Naruto too but that is another story)

Near death experience of Naruto too could have been a factor , we never saw what went through her mind there.

Then we have Kakashi tell us how Sakura feel about Sasuke in the chapter where he look back at his student.

Then finally in the infamous 693, we've got confirmation that Sakura doesn't see him in a romantic light anymore. (VIZ TRANSLATION IS THE MOST LOGICAL and I stick by it, Mangareader translate well but look like they f***ed up with the English of page 9, that page doesn't make sense lol. I don't believe that MS translation is right, because of everything I state above. Continuity in the story and logically make MS translation impossible or a lie or a mess in 1 chapter that destroyed the rest. So I stick with viz on that one.

Anyway, to answer he question, since the land of iron confession to 693, we see the slow resolution of her feeling for Sasuke. Hope that answer your question XD

#11 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

The romance part of her interest gradually disappeared all throughout Part 2, and all those times she saw who he really is. It makes her sad and upset... When romance is supposed to make you happy - with real smiles.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#12 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

The only thing I wills say is, you know that its not what she once felt, even to be both angry and sad from what happened in 693, thats not something good in anyway for SS.

But the take here overall though is, we have not seen how she fully views naruto, if anything this may come within the movie.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#13 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

I don't think she ever loved Sasuke, it's my biggest gripe about the mere thought of that pairing, it's that Sakura never loved Sasuke, she loved the idea of Sasuke, his brooding good looks, his fortune, his clan status, and his abilities, she loved him because he represented everything she was not, she wasn't born into a famous clan, her family aren't rich, she was teased about her looks when she was young, and while she was very smart her Ninja abilities were no better than the rest of her class....This is one of the reasons why Kishi making a big deal about her feeling for him pisses me off, he's never once shown that the thinge she liked about him were anything more than skin deep.

That said I'm not convinced her feelings for him have actually changed, it's one of those unfulfilled first love syndromes, the first person she ever had romantic feelings for but never got the chance to experience. t's a classic trope used in movies and TV shows, a couple happy in love, sometimes even married with kids, then the first love (crush) appears, someone with whom they never got to have their feelings for resolved, and they find themselves in a extra marriital affair, and the happy relationship gets destroyed because their brain overrides your heart.

Sakura is stuck in that situation, she can't move onto Naruto because the potential for Sasuke has not been resolved. She's shown that she loves Naruto multiple times, we know she'd die for him, and cares for him more than she cares about herself, but Sasuke is left unresolved and she hasn't completely moved past that.

Well that's what I think anyway, and how i've interpreted everything, Kishi probably doesn't see it that way.

iAnby7W.gif

#14 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:17 PM

Sakura's feelings for Naruto has only been growing since ch.3. The author has set their vector towards romance/mutuality, and the direction has never changed. In my opinion, there was a chance for SS, but Sasuke's choice to leave Konoha (and Sakura) ruined it irrevocably. And Naruto gradually (step by step) has become Sakura's "Sasuke" (the one she wants to spend her life with). The ground is ready. Sakura needs a final push to realize who is who.  

Let me explain my grasp of the situation.There are actually two Sakuras. The first one wants to be loved (selfish love). That is the one who always clinged to Sasuke as her fantasy lover. The second Sakura is the one who loves (learns to love). This one still loves Sasuke (in that selfless style). But that love appeared only when Sasuke and Sakura started to communicate somewhat (that's why it is team-based). I think that the first Sakura's want has already died when it comes to Sasuke, but she is in a constatnt need to be loved. And Naruto is the one who has been semi-satisfying this need all this time (so Sasuke lost his chance). The second Sakura has learnt to love not only Sasuke, but Naruto as well (and the feeling is much more potent). Now the two Sakuras should connect. And NS happens! Voila!  

Edited by Syn11, 11 October 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#15 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:13 PM

Idk how this will be in the end but honestly I think Sakura needs to realize that her love for Sasuke is false even though SS fans believe that Sasuke will all of a sudden return his feelings to her because he was thinking about his family but Sasuke showed to us that he clearly is not interested in her and he doesn't know why she loves him so much. At this rate if Sakura realized that Naruto was the bridge of dying she will realize that Sasuke was not the one for her and then just goes crazy if Naruto died. I kinda think she lost interest in Sasuke and she just wants him back on team.

#16 Guest_bontaid_*

Guest_bontaid_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:16 PM

I think that her interest in him as a lover has actually disappeared during the War Arc. Since the Gokage meeting it's clear for her that she can't love him as if he was a good person and he's not that once stoic boy who cared for his team anymore. Since the beginning up till the war arc she thought about Sasuke (-> the unknown guy with his love letter) and what she wants for/from him.
Kakashi and herself made pretty clear that she wanted him to be like his oldself for his own sake and future because she sees him as her teammate and friend.

It's wrong to say she already lost romantical interest in him since Part 2. Um, the first reunion of team 7 speaks for itself i guess.

Currently she's still under Sasuke's terrible Genjutsu. Let's wait and see what happens.

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

Hard to say actually. Have you seen her fantasizing about being married to him or being his girlfriend? EVER? anyway that question doesn't really matter to me I want to know when Sakura will get together with Naruto?

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 October 2014 - 07:47 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#18 Silent Storm

Silent Storm

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:58 PM

At the end of the day, what Sakura sought out was acknowledgement, and getting it from someone as prestigious as Sasuke was what would have satisfied her.

Syn11 gets it. Sakura started out with nothing. Through Ino she gained more confidence and then sought out for Sasuke's acknowledgement as that would complete her.

SasuSaku's portrayal in the manga has been nothing but antagonism after antagonism from chapter 3 till now, and to even argue that it was Kishimoto's plan was from the start is so laughably atrocious I am still speechless to this day.

181 was what set in motion her moving on from Sasuke. Sakura as a character has always been insecure about who she was deep down and Kishimoto demonstrated this by how she carried herself around Sasuke. The inner Sakura further drives that point out. To gain acknowledgement from Sasuke, Sakura surpressed who she was and how she really felt was portrayed through Inner Sakura. Around Sasuke she appeared shy and timid, changed her appearance and lifestyle for him and couldn't even stand up to him other than when it was literally a matter of life and death.

This was a stark contrast to the Sakura we saw interact with the likes of Naruto and friends, who was loud, outgoing and had a temper. Around Naruto and co Sakura didn't have to worry about impressing Sasuke for acknowledgement so she allowed herself to lighten up and show the viewers how she really was.

On the other end Sasuke remained mostly indifferent towards Sakura as he was more interested in his goals than silly romance. Sasuke has always been a goal orientated character and no romance at all was tied to him. If Kishimoto intended for a SasuSaku ending then he would have made it more obvious that Sasuke was starting to warm up to Sakura as a person and throw a few romantic hints here and there.

Instead, there has not been a time where Sasuke has ever thought of Sakura as an individual person, nor has there been a time where Sasuke recalled the confession Sakura gave him on 181. This shows the readers that Sasuke has never thought of Sakura in that light and with the manga ending for Sasuke to have such a drastic character change after remaining consistent throughout the manga would be completely terrible and a betrayal of his character.

It's true, suddenly developing feelings for Sakura this late in the stage, despite there being no buildup to such an event would mean Kishimoto would have to throwaway his entire story. What SasuSaku represents is insecurity with one's self. Sakura's character has been portrayed as an insecure girl seeking acknowledgment, so it's reasonable to assume that this further developed into love, which is fine until you realise that in terms of their relationship, Sakura and Sasuke don't know the first thing about each other or how each other feel.

I would accept SasuSaku as a viable pairing had it had buildup on the level of something like NaruHina, where both characters have mutual respect for eachother and can get along on downtime as well as o the battlefield. That's one thing NaruHina has over SasuSaku, respect. Sasuke as a character does not respect Sakura as she represents things he dislikes. He's not interested in romance or fangirl antics, such things get in the way of his goals and it's clear that how Sakura carried herself was something that annoyed him.

What actual reason have we been given to doubt anything Sasuke says? I've been in the community since 2006 and there has never been anything drawn to make me doubt Sasuke's intentions. When Sasuke said he would kill Naruto to awaken a new power, he very nearly came close to doing it till Naruto stopped him. Of all the people that made Sasuke doubt his actions, Naruto and Itachi have been the only ones able to change him. Sakura has not been written or built up to have any effect on Sasuke's way of thinking, and Kishimoto demonstrated this in 181 when he thanked her but stopped her from following him.

At the end of the day, Sasuke and Sakura have no chemistry and it was deliberately written like that by Kishimoto. What separates Karin from Sakura is that Karin, despite also having feelings for Sasuke does not change who she is for him, doesn't fangirl over him (be honest, there hasn't been a time where Karin has openly fangirled over Sasuke) and is quite willing to stand up to him and even drop him (that was of course until the apology). Karin is nothing like Sakura and Sasuke at the very least tolerates Karin.

Sakura getting over Sasuke is something that would be just another part of her progression and will bring her character into a full cirlce. In 693 what I got from Sasuke wasn't him cracking or appreciating her love for him, what I saw was Sasuke being amused she still held onto this shallow love for her. It was almost like he was mocking her, then he went and "killed" her in a genjutsu. After that he follows up by telling Kakashi he's not interested in playing romance, not interested in her nor is there any reason why she should like him. He is right, there has been no action by Sasuke that should have caused Sakura to like him. What caused it was her own insecurity about herself transforming into love. Kakashi later clears it up by saying she is not interested in romantically chasing her, and that the love she expressed just now is that of comradeship/friendship and making sure someone she cared about didn't succumb to darkness, which perfectly lines up with 675 where Kakashi said her feelings for him changed. 693 was absolutely devastating for SasuSaku, and it's why I laugh at SS faithfuls trying to spin it as a positive, because you and I both know if this was NaruSaku, they would be on this like flies hovering over dung. For the past few chapters, the buildup was to it was non-stop antagonism and indifference, and it all culminated in an unnecessarily violent genjutsu. If that doesn't mean it's dead then I don't know what to tell you.

Whatever Sakura actually meant in 693, I hope in the coming chapters Kishimoto clears this up, because there has not been a single pairing in the manga (or any manga I've read) that portrays a pairing like this. SasuSaku as a pairing fails at what it pretends to represent (girl with nothing winning the heart of the boy who has talents and good looks), degrades a character and is just so unbelievably terrible that I don't even see Kishimoto making it canon. Her realizing she loves Naruto at the last minute isn't as bad as Sasuke suddenly reciprocating her romance. If Kishimoto still has respect for her character, then I am looking forward to that moment, not just for the redemption, but for the sh*tstorm it will bring. :)

Edited by Silent Storm, 11 October 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#19 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

At the end of the day, what Sakura sought out was acknowledgement, and getting it from someone as prestigious as Sasuke was what would have satisfied her.

Syn11 gets it. Sakura started out with nothing. Through Ino she gained more confidence and then sought out for Sasuke's acknowledgement as that would complete her.

SasuSaku's portrayal in the manga has been nothing but antagonism after antagonism from chapter 3 till now, and to even argue that it was Kishimoto's plan was from the start is so laughably atrocious I am still speechless to this day.

181 was what set in motion her moving on from Sasuke. Sakura as a character has always been insecure about who she was deep down and Kishimoto demonstrated this by how she carried herself around Sasuke. The inner Sakura further drives that point out. To gain acknowledgement from Sasuke, Sakura surpressed who she was and how she really felt was portrayed through Inner Sakura. Around Sasuke she appeared shy and timid around Sasuke, changed her appearance and lifestyle for him and couldn't even stand up to him other than when it was literally a matter of life and death.

This was a stark contrast to the Sakura we saw interact with the likes of Naruto and friends, who was loud, outgoing and had a temper. Around Naruto and co Sakura didn't have to worry about impressing Sasuke for acknowledgement so she allowed herself to lighten up and show the viewers how she really was.

On the other end Sasuke remained mostly indifferent towards Sakura as he was more interested in his goals than silly romance. Sasuke has always been a goal orientated character and no romance at all was tied to him. If Kishimoto intended for a SasuSaku ending then he would have made it more obvious that Sasuke was starting to warm up to Sakura as a person and throw a few romantic hints here and there.

Instead, there has not been a time where Sasuke has ever thought of Sakura as an individual person, nor has there been a time where Sasuke recalled the confession Sakura gave him on 181. This shows the readers that Sasuke has never thought of Sakura in that light and with the manga ending for Sasuke to have such a drastic character change after remaining consistent throughout the manga would be completely terrible and a betrayal of his character.

It's true, suddenly developing feelings for Sakura this late in the stage, despite there being no buildup to such an event would mean Kishimoto would have to throwaway his entire story. What SasuSaku represents is insecurity with one's self. Sakura's character has been portrayed as an insecure girl seeking acknowledgment, so it's reasonable to assume that this further developed into love, which is fine until you realise that in terms of their relationship, Sakura and Sasuke don't know the first thing about each other or how each other feel.

I would accept SasuSaku as a viable pairing had it had buildup on the level of something like NaruHina, where both characters have mutual respect for eachother and can get along on downtime as well as o the battlefield. That's one thing NaruHina has over SasuSaku, respect. Sasuke as a character does not respect Sakura as she represents things he dislikes. He's not interested in romance or fangirl antics, such things get in the way of his goals and it's clear that how Sakura carried herself was something that annoyed him.

What actual reason have we been given to doubt anything Sasuke says? I've been in the community since 2006 and there has never been anything drawn to make me doubt Sasuke's intentions. When Sasuke said he would kill Naruto to awaken a new power, he very nearly came close to doing it till Naruto stopped him. Of all the people that made Sasuke doubt his actions, Naruto and Itachi have been the only ones able to change him. Sakura has not been written or built up to have any effect on Sasuke's way of thinking, and Kishimoto demonstrated this in 181 when he thanked her but stopped her from following him.

At the end of the day, Sasuke and Sakura have no chemistry and it was deliberately written like that by Kishimoto. What seperates Karin from Sakura is that Karin, despite also having feelings for Sasuke does not change who she is for him, doesn't fangirl over him (be honest, there hasn't been a time where Karin has openly fangirled over Sasuke) and is quite willing to stand up to him and even drop him (that was of course until the apology). Karin is nothing like Sakura and Sasuke at the very least tolerates Karin.

Sakura getting over Sasuke is something that would be just another part of her progression and will bring her character into a full cirlce. In 693 what I got from Sasuke wasn't him cracking or appreciating her love for him, what I saw was Sasuke being amused she still held onto this shallow love for her. It was almost like he was mocking her, then he went and "killed" her in a genjutsu. After that he follows up by telling Kakashi he's not interested in playing romance, not interested in her nor is there any reason why she should like him. He is right, there has been no action by Sasuke that should have caused Sakura to like him. What caused it was her own insecurity about herself transforming into love. Kakashi later clears it up by saying she is not interested in romantically chasing her, and that the love she expressed just now is that of comradeship/friendship and making sure someone she cared about didn't succumb to darkness, which perfectly lines up with 675 where Kakashi said her feelings for him changed. 693 was absolutely devastating for SasuSaku, and it's why I laugh at SS faithfuls trying to spin it as a positive, because you and I both know if this was NaruSaku, they would be on this like flies hovering over dung. For the past few chapters, the buildup was to it was non-stop antagonism and indifference, and it all culminated in an unnecessarily violent genjutsu. If that doesn't mean it's dead then I don't know what to tell you.

Whatever Sakura actually meant in 693, I hope in the coming chapters Kishimoto clears this up, because there has not been a single pairing in the manga (or any manga I've read) that portrays a pairing like this. SasuSaku as a pairing fails at what it pretends to represent (girl with nothing winning the heart of the boy who has talents and good looks), degrades a character and is just so unbelievably terrible that I don't even see Kishimoto making it canon. Her realizing she loves Naruto at the last minute isn't as bad as Sasuke suddenly reciprocating her romance. If Kishimoto still has respect for her character, then I am looking forward to that moment, not just for the redemption, but for the sh*tstorm it will bring. :)

Wow really amazing

#20 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:10 AM

I think Sakura seriously stopped pursuing a relationship with Sasuke after hearing the horrible things Sasuke did and that Naruto was in love with her. I think the whole Kage Summit Arc was a big step in Sakura getting a reality check and starting to let go of something that was never going to happen. Sakura didn't like how Sasuke had become, but it was also because she wouldn't want to hurt Naruto. That why I think, even if Sakura wasn't in love with Naruto and still loved Sasuke, she wouldn't try to be with him as long as Naruto loved her. She would hate hurting him.

I think that was the point Sakura thought of growing up, but I don't think she was still focusing on being with Sasuke even before. IMO all Sakura thought about in P2 was bringing Sasuke back and reuniting Team 7. The thought of being with Sasuke didn't even cross her mind anymore. I'm not saying she still didn't love him, but being with him didn't matter as much as just bringing him back. I think that's the mindset that eventually helped her move on.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users