• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

Seeing as we haven't had one, and with the World Cup only a couple of months away, I decided to create this topic so that we may discuss all things Soccer/Football/Futbol related. Now, the reason it isn't broken up for a specific league, is that everyone here is from different parts of the world. Some may enjoy watching MLS, some the Premiere League and others La Ligua(sp?).

Me, I am a big FC Dallas and Chelsea fan. Curious to see who you guys enjoy.

Dallas 'til I Die!

#2 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

Arsenal | Philadelphia Union

Was very glad too see the union win its first game and Le Toux with the clubs first goals and hat trick.

Am miffed about injured The Arsenal got and how Barca controls the refs.
\

#3 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Apr 11 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Arsenal | Philadelphia Union

Was very glad too see the union win its first game and Le Toux with the clubs first goals and hat trick.

Am miffed about injured The Arsenal got and how Barca controls the refs.

Can't wait to watch FC Dallas play Philly. But damn, you're a Gooner? Mah! tongue.gif

#4 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Apr 11 2010, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't wait to watch FC Dallas play Philly. But damn, you're a Gooner? Mah! tongue.gif

Yes, at the time it was between them or Mann U. And I already hate the yankees, and the cowboys, so I followed suit.
\

#5 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:11 AM

D.C. United for MLS

Barcolnea for La Liga (you mad Ronaldo?)

Also check this thread come June. PREPARE YOURSELF ENGLAND.

#6 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:14 PM

The world cup is starting up! South Africa vs. Mexico for the opener. Who is everyone going for? I'm going for 4 different teams, USA, Mexico, Greece and Japan. Mostly US and Mexico for me. Lets get some Soccer/Football/Futbol fans in here!

#7 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

Japan vs. Denmark? Err...Rough call.

North Korea in the same group as Brazil. They're soooooo screwed. (By they, I mean NK) They best they ever did was 1966, in the 8 strong. Don't think they'd fare well this year shoved in the same group with a 5-win country.

South Korea vs. Greece... think it'll be a tie for me there.

#8 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:18 AM

Wow this thread wasn't active at all. There wasn't even an active discussion of the WORLD cup. But I'll try my luck to see if there's any soccer/football fans out there who maybe just joined the forum since the last post.

I am an all-out Manchester United fan ever since Cantona hypnotised me from the tv screen 15 years ago. And I'm happy that the club is in the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League and having 2 away goals in the bank to boot. How about you guys? What is your prediction for the finals, which club will advance and ultimately lift the European glory?

Edited by Darth Krypt, 29 April 2011 - 03:20 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#9 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

Well the WORLD cup, had its own thread actually. And keep in mind, those who frequent this site are american. That said, i'm all for the revival for the discussion of the beautiful game. As stated before, I am an avid supporter of my hometown Philadelphia Union of the MLS and The Arsenal of the EPL.

I had gotten into soccer/football during my high school years and decided to follow English Premiership because there would be no language barrier. I went with Arsenal because I really liked Arsene Wenger and guys like Thierry Henry. Finally, Philadelphia was awarded a team in MLS and I love my Philadelphia Sports.

I think Barcelona will the Champions League. They are the most talented team in the world, with the worlds best player in Lionel Messi and they have an X factor in cheating, and successfully cheating at that. Once again, we are reminded that we have the world's worst officiating in sport, since they ruined the classico with such a stupid red card that Barcelona pleaded with the ref to give.

State side, The Union currently have 10 points to start the year and are doing really well with Mondragon in goal.
\

#10 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

Well I don't follow MLS other than where is Beckham gonna go after his contract expires? Hopefully he goes back Man Utd to retire in a club he grew up in but I think that's unlikely. I do like Barcelona but after what happened in the first-leg I'm a bit disappointed with their behavior. They do not have to resort to cheating in order to win. They have enough talent to win any match cleanly. I do hope Man Utd win against them.

That said, Messi was the only positive thing in that match. The second goal was phenomenal. He is in a class of his own much like Naruto compared to the other Konoha ninjas. I might even think Messi has some kind of biju sealed in him. (Ok lameeeee....)

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#11 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Apr 29 2011, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And keep in mind, those who frequent this site are american.

Well, the majority of our members are Americans, but your sentence doesn't read true. wink.gif
There are more of us non-Americans than you think! hehe

#12 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

@Darth Krypt - Yes! My United Brother!

And just when I thought I was the only one on here who actively follows football. I've had thoughts of doing a thread like this for a while...

Yeah, the final is gonna be a real challenge, but Ferguson will be looking for some payback for the defeat to Barca in Rome in '09. Barca is, arguably, the best club in the world at present, considering their team consists of the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta (the last two being WC winners). It bothers me then, that such a talented team of players feel the need to resort to such cheap theatrics to get decisions their way. I hope the Ref in charge stamps down on anyone using such tricks (should book them for time wasting). That said, no team is unbeatable. United bested Barca over both legs of the semi-final of the 07/08 season to face Chelsea at the final in Moscow.

Big thing on my mind now is the next game: Utd v Chelsea at Old Trafford, arguably the game that will decide who wins the PL title.

Edited by Quinny52, 08 May 2011 - 12:28 AM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#13 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

United win 2-1, all they need is one more point in their final two matches, or another Chlesea defeat(or draw), to win a record 19th Title. Can't wait, time to knock Liverpool off their perch

Edited by Illmatic, 08 May 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#14 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

^ I know what you mean. I love seeing the look on Roman Abramovich's face when he doesn't get what he wants (never mind, son, maybe next year...). One hand on the trophy already...

I'm expecting both Blackburn and Blackpool to go all out (since they're both facing relegation), but United will go into both games with one objective: Not to lose. Truth be told though, I'd love to see BP in the PL next season, and Ian Holloway is a great manager.

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#15 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

YAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm so happy! biggrin.gif Good performance from the lads. I'm glad Valencia was back all this while. And not to forget arguably one of the best summer signings in Man Utd history: Chicharito Hernandez! That guy has killer instincts in front of goal and will put the ball in the net one way or another. Too bad we lost the FA Cup though, I was hoping for another treble for the last season of another great keeper. But maybe its for the best since we can concentrate on the Champion's League now. Winning against Barca is not impossible. In fact I think Man Utd has the ability to do that.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#16 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ May 7 2011, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the majority of our members are Americans, but your sentence doesn't read true. wink.gif
There are more of us non-Americans than you think! hehe

I type really fast, but I had meant to put the majority of those are americans. Ive seen a good number of the euros and even asians here

What a frustrating season. To beat United and then go lose to stoke like that. Not that there is much to play for anymore but still. Wenger will be back, there is no one else to get. Wilshere ought to see more time on the pitch. Not sure about Fabregas, he pretty much gave his all for Spain last summer and had nothing for us during the year. But with Van Persie and he healthy, things should be that much better. More than anything, we need another keep. Fabianski does not fit in well, he has terrible instincts. And as good as Scezny did to fill in, he isn't more than a second option.

I have to say, as good as Wilshere was, Chicharito was mroe deserving of young man of the year. He made a huge impact. Now it doesn't hurt to be surrounded by that much talent but he came off the bench with a goal or two many times throughout, and made such an impact. Hes looked at times more useful than Dimitar Berbatov.
\

#17 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

I feel great. Title No. 19 is finally United's, and Liverpool have been knocked off their perch! biggrin.gif

Now I can really look forward to May 28th, Champion's League Final at Wembley. Come on Boys, bring it back home!! w00t.gif

And (I surprise even myself here) congrats for Man City as well. Now both sides of Manchester are winners. We'll just reset that banner at the Stretford End back to 0, yeah? See how long it lasts this time! laugh.gif

@Sir Whirly & @Mik3 - Nevermind, guys. Next season, maybe.

Edited by Quinny52, 17 May 2011 - 07:53 PM.

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#18 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:30 PM

Here's a neat fan made promo for Saturday's Champions League Final.

COME ON UNITED

#19 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:36 PM

Wow what an awesome video. Makes me miss the good old times and how magnificent this team were in the last 2 decades. Now I'm pumped! Less than 48 hours to go..

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#20 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

Sorry lads, Barca for once, played clean enough and they were the superior side. I understand why UEFA wants them in every final but its a shame they have cheat their way into it.
\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users