• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#61 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:34 PM

I've only read theories about this, but some say that Kishi purposely made Sakura "unlikable" to boost Hinata's popularity for the fandom. Not for himself but because his editors convinced him that Sakura's hate base isn't going anywhere and a new heroine is needed. I don't see it as much, but Kishi had too be convince by someone since he gave Sakura the most kitten. 

Also Naruto didn't do anything because it's Sasuke. That chapter was a bit OOC for Naruto, but Kishi already mentioned how he couldn't write Naruto without Sasuke. So I wasn't really surprised with Naruto's actions in 693. I was surprised with Kakashi's. Kishi made it very clear that SNS > over any other bond/ relationship in the manga.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#62 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:25 PM

doesn't change the the meaning or our disgust with it  does it?

Yes.
Naruto doesn't see it, thus he can't react to it.
For all he know sakura suddenly unconscious.

@neon ranger
I don't surprise if it's true.

Edited by rocci, 25 April 2016 - 04:26 PM.

#63 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

@ BlackBird19

But we can't reject reality that Shuheisha more love Naruto than Yu Yu Hakusho or hunter x hunter since it made their purse thicker

Edited by db84x, 06 May 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#64 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:09 PM

@ BlackBird19

But we can't reject reality that Shuheisha morelove Naruto than Yu Yu Hakusho or hunter x hunter since it made their purse thicker

Or so they thought it would.

After The Last (which, again, their main source of income were from the many Sasuke and Kakashi fans with pre-ordered tickets that were refused refunds when people demanded it), the results were written clearly on the wall for them to see and that's why pretty much anything and everything Hinata-related just vanished not long after; we hardly get any show or mention of her in Gaiden (besides a single pretty negative one in Boruto's mind), barely does anything in the Boruto movie (except end up in a hospital), I highly doubt this manga will be putting her in the forefront either, and all the ads and merchandise of her, The Last, and her forcibly integrated with Team 7, were removed from walls/shelves because they just weren't selling at all (she was initially shown prominently in early ads for Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, but she disappeared in subsequent ones, replaced by SNS stuff).

"Love" (or at least the regressive style of "love") has ended up being one of the biggest mistakes Shueisha/SP/Kishi made for the story and it has shown, which is why they're (at least Shueisha and SP) obviously trying to bury it with more traditional Naruto style of stuff lately, in order to win back those other fans that have left.

2e5.gif

#65 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:52 PM

Or so they thought it would.

After The Last (which, again, their main source of income were from the many Sasuke and Kakashi fans with pre-ordered tickets that were refused refunds when people demanded it), the results were written clearly on the wall for them to see and that's why pretty much anything and everything Hinata-related just vanished not long after; we hardly get any show or mention of her in Gaiden (besides a single pretty negative one in Boruto's mind), barely does anything in the Boruto movie (except end up in a hospital), I highly doubt this manga will be putting her in the forefront either, and all the ads and merchandise of her, The Last, and her forcibly integrated with Team 7, were removed from walls/shelves because they just weren't selling at all (she was initially shown prominently in early ads for Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, but she disappeared in subsequent ones, replaced by SNS stuff).

"Love" (or at least the regressive style of "love") has ended up being one of the biggest mistakes Shueisha/SP/Kishi made for the story and it has shown, which is why they're (at least Shueisha and SP) obviously trying to bury it with more traditional Naruto style of stuff lately, in order to win back those other fans that have left.

But in the long run, they're not doing it for the right reasons, but just to get back their lost money like the greedy ****s they are.

#66 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:17 AM

@ BlackBird19

But we can't reject reality that Shuheisha morelove Naruto than Yu Yu Hakusho or hunter x hunter since it made their purse thicker

Look the reality is that Togashi can't be pressured or controlled by shueisha the way Kishimoto could be. Naruto came along at the right time because it's anime found a large children's audience overseas while the manga was still in progress. That's not the case with Togashi's mangas. This led to a spike in overseas sales for Naruto and shueisha deciding to interfere with it's creation since it never had a product do that.

That decision made Naruto successful, however it also cost it in the long run. Due to it's deteriorating quality, instead of being able to maintain the numbers that would rival  Dragon Ball or One Piece type of success, it faltered in the end falling short of both even with the amount of volumes it put out. Also, the manga is not viewed in a good light by a large number of manga readers. Where as YuYu Hakusho and HxH are much more well received.

#67 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:13 AM

Look the reality is that Togashi can't be pressured or controlled by shueisha the way Kishimoto could be. Naruto came along at the right time because it's anime found a large children's audience overseas while the manga was still in progress. That's not the case with Togashi's mangas. This led to a spike in overseas sales for Naruto and shueisha deciding to interfere with it's creation since it never had a product do that.

That decision made Naruto successful, however it also cost it in the long run. Due to it's deteriorating quality, instead of being able to maintain the numbers that would rival  Dragon Ball or One Piece type of success, it faltered in the end falling short of both even with the amount of volumes it put out. Also, the manga is not viewed in a good light by a large number of manga readers. Where as YuYu Hakusho and HxH are much more well received.

THIS! agree 100%

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#68 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:54 PM

I've only read theories about this, but some say that Kishi purposely made Sakura "unlikable" to boost Hinata's popularity for the fandom. Not for himself but because his editors convinced him that Sakura's hate base isn't going anywhere and a new heroine is needed. I don't see it as much, but Kishi had too be convince by someone since he gave Sakura the most kitten. 

Also Naruto didn't do anything because it's Sasuke. That chapter was a bit OOC for Naruto, but Kishi already mentioned how he couldn't write Naruto without Sasuke. So I wasn't really surprised with Naruto's actions in 693. I was surprised with Kakashi's. Kishi made it very clear that SNS > over any other bond/ relationship in the manga.

he didn't 'purposely' do that, he just don't know how to write females like males. he had to consult several books to draw sarada in gaiden and it still turned out to be a mess. and chouji's daughter...... no need to say anything about that

Edited by Hanabi, 05 May 2016 - 01:55 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#69 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:07 AM

he didn't 'purposely' do that, he just don't know how to write females like males. he had to consult several books to draw sarada in gaiden and it still turned out to be a mess. and chouji's daughter...... no need to say anything about that

His main problem is he doesn't use them because he has no confidence in his writing of them. Which since he rarely makes them do anything. Makes people think he is awful at writing woman and a sexist. Which further convinces him he isn't good at writing woman.

#70 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

@ BlackBird19

Isn't deteriorating quality happen to majority popular manga ?  But Japan kid and and preteen who read WSJ simply don't care and gave Naruto upper rank in WSJ ToC for 15 years. 

#71 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:19 PM

His main problem is he doesn't use them because he has no confidence in his writing of them. Which since he rarely makes them do anything. Makes people think he is awful at writing woman and a sexist. Which further convinces him he isn't good at writing woman.

tsunade is good, anko wasn't bad as well.

4704676-screen+shot+2015-07-23+at+3.20.0

i duno why he's so stubborn to restrict females to support roles.

Edited by Hanabi, 06 May 2016 - 12:23 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#72 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:28 PM

It's a real shame that Anko didn't go anywhere and all problems literally works itself out.

#73 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

and he once said anko is his fave female chara.. never take kishi on his words lol

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#74 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:35 PM

and he once said anko is his fave female chara.. never take kishi on his words lol

He did? Why he likes women that don't do anything?

#75 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:40 PM

He did? Why he likes women that don't do anything?

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#76 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:41 PM

"Which is why I kept him alive. Why I didn't explore more on the relationship?..........Look! Sasuke is in the series!"

#77 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:26 PM

@ BlackBird19

Isn't deteriorating quality happen to majority popular manga ?  But Japan kid and and preteen who read WSJ simply don't care and gave Naruto upper rank in WSJ ToC for 15 years. 

Only to those that dragged on for too long. The most revered manga out there always ended before it's quality truly suffered. Also, while the ToC is helpful to gauge popularity, it's not the true gauge. Remember only a few thousand fans vote on those polls weekly and Naruto kept a large enough die hard fan base, so that's a small look into what the fans are actually buying and reading. Naruto's decline in volume sales by the end are proof of that, considering it's final volume when released barely sold 1.3 million and the gaiden did even less.

Oh and just as a reminder, kids and pre-teens aren't the only ones that read WSJ or shonen mangas. Older teens to young adults are what make up a huge portion of the Naruto fan base.

#78 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:18 AM

"Which is why I kept him alive. Why I didn't explore more on the relationship?..........Look! Sasuke is in the series!"

*Sasuke floats through the shot* Hello!

2e5.gif

#79 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:58 AM

Only to those that dragged on for too long. The most revered manga out there always ended before it's quality truly suffered. Also, while the ToC is helpful to gauge popularity, it's not the true gauge. Remember only a few thousand fans vote on those polls weekly and Naruto kept a large enough die hard fan base, so that's a small look into what the fans are actually buying and reading. Naruto's decline in volume sales by the end are proof of that, considering it's final volume when released barely sold 1.3 million and the gaiden did even less.

Oh and just as a reminder, kids and pre-teens aren't the only ones that read WSJ or shonen mangas. Older teens to young adults are what make up a huge portion of the Naruto fan base.

Not to mention that when a new manga starts and goes on for a long time that the readers grow up as the manga goes on, so saying its just for kids and pre teens is dumb I was at least 11 when Naruto came out and now i'm 28, so your right Naruto is for all ages but people saying that its just for them are wrong.

look at pokemon many older fans like it and its only for kids, with Naruto many of us grew up reading it and as a writer my selk you need to change with your readers age as they grow you need to meaning things need to get darker. But that is just what I think.

But yeah I agree with what you said above.

Edited by TheFirstEvil100, 07 May 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#80 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

Sexist author ... female role is inside the house.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users