#141 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

I actually never stated this before in forum because I thought that the POAL was a much bigger NaruSaku moment than this (not for me though I actually considered it an SasuSake moment considering that Sakura asked Naruto to bring Sasuke back => already converted at this moment biggrin.gif).

Hoeray I'm not alone...

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#142 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Feb 15 2011, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually never stated this before in forum because I thought that the POAL was a much bigger NaruSaku moment than this (not for me though I actually considered it an SasuSake moment considering that Sakura asked Naruto to bring Sasuke back => already converted at this moment biggrin.gif).

Hoeray I'm not alone...

stop it.
it was a Narusaku scene because Sakura realised she was completly wrong about Naruto. but she asked him to bring sasuke back and Naruto showed how selfless hes love was to Sakura. its a NS moment.

and that smile Sakura gave last page was a loving smile. she dosn't look at anybody else in the manga that way but Naruto. do you agree?

Edited by Living Lavish, 15 February 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#143 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Aug 23 2010, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's pretty obvious now that Sakura is definitely in love with Naruto, just look at the last few chapters before she when MIA, that smile she gave him definitely speaks volumes of how she loves him, that is not a sisterly smile, that's a smile of true love:

I hope they'll add a small blush in the anime. wow.png

#144 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Feb 15 2011, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't necessarily (?spellin?) think that is a smile of true love. It's more like aaaaaaawwwww how cute.... (that's not a bad thing; and I really have no idea how you can express true love with a smile?)

I think she already realizes that people mistreated him in the past (not just Sakura but the whole village) after the pain arc I think everyone in Konoha trusts Naruto with their lives.

And as for when Sakura realized her feelings I think when Yamato pointed it out at the heaven and earth bridge...

For me that's when I became "hardcore" (lol) NaruSaku. Was already hoping before though but after ep 44 I knew it was going to be canon.

I agree with you. I think that's when she first realized it. I think she may have started developing feelings for him before then, but it wasn't tell Yamato started to mention the "L" word that she actually started associated her feelings with it. And everything after that was just icing on the cake. It may be just me, but after that scene it seems like she shows more concern for him from an emotional standpoint, whether he sees it or not.

#145 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

@ living lavish => hold the horses... I did say I already converted didn't I?(to be sure considered is the past tense while consider is the present tense isn't it?)
I was just beeing honest when I said that I USED to think it was a SasuSaku moment.

And about the smile I agree that she doesn't look at anyone else with that smile (and it is a sign of her relationship with Naruto), but I still don't get how a smile can be loving. Personally I think it's even cuter "when she looks at him with "aaaaaaawwwwwwww..... cute" instead of the worried or impressed look she usually gives him,
she was just VERY happy that he finally looked peacefull (like Kakashi stated).

@Chivalrysae
I'm always been rather afraid of something about this moment. The subtitles clearly gave the letter L.... but i seriously doubt Yamato would use the english term so I know there are a few persons on this forum that know japanese could you help met out with figuring out what the word Yamata could be telling Sakura is? and what other words he could be telling her (a descripion in english would be much appreciated to ofcourse but otherwise I'll google it).

thx, in advance

Edited by Torxe, 16 February 2011 - 09:38 AM.

#146 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

So these are my thoughts on this whole pairing. I think Sakura is in reality a very complicated person. I think that while she may not have the horrible experiences that Sasuke had because of the massacre of his clan, or the complete and other contempt from everyone that Naruto had to contend with, she still felt very ostracized about her appearance and the way she acted.

Clearly as a child she was unsure of herself, and clearly Ino was the first person to try and give her some type of confidence.

What a thing to lose your confidence. I know from personal experience that it feels bad when you've lost the respect of people whose you had rather than having disrespect from people whose respect you never had. (I hope that made sense)

Anyway there is a real innate fear in humans psychologically that prevent most people from throwing themselves as outcasts. After all we're social creatures.

Okay so Sakura was told that Sasuke was the guy that everyone should like. That he was the one. Even Ino wanted him, and as her mentor type friend she wants to emulate her. Even to the point that she rather be rivals and enemies and being accepted than being cast out again.

So Naruto comes along as she forms part of Team 7. She shows some genuine concern for him during the Wave arc and the Chunin exams. I'm fairly certain that when they're attacked in the Forest of Death by Orochimaru that she comes to terms with the fact that she has concerns for this boy whose on her team.

I mean during the first part she doesn't even consider Sasuke's goals or ambitions. Instead she solely focuses on Naruto's dream of becoming Hokage.

So by this point she understands something's not right. Naruto is still very considered an outcast by most people still. So what does a person do whose afraid to lose respect. She presses on this idea that she loves Sasuke. She makes it so powerful and so "fan-girlish" that she can try and forget about her confused feelings about Naruto.

Time passes. Sakura is saved by Naruto from Gaara and she learns that he actually saved her. She wanted Sasuke to give her more reason to like him instead of Naruto, and was the reason she asked Sasuke and not Naruto. She learns the truth and all of the sudden her feelings are out of wack again.

Sasuke leaves and she tries to stop him. I don't think that it was for love or anything to be quite honest. I think she was still so afraid that not having him there would screw with her sense of purpose and fulfillment, that she literally begged him to take her. Things didn't happen.

Now comes the POAL and she asks Naruto because she trusts him. She even says that he understands her more than anyone, and she falls further into this trap thinking that Naruto is this last hope for her to be fully accepted and fulfilled.

Naruto then leaves and she doesn't have either two anymore. She's left with herself and her own thoughts without either two. She grows up and matures and finally comes to realization that things are still just as complicated, and when he returns she can't help but ask "if she looks more womanly"

I'm sure if Sasuke said she hadn't changed a bit she'd be "happy" (which is my word for apathetic about him), but it was Naruto. She wanted to hear him say something about her appearance because she actually cared, and then when he said that she hadn't changed she got an actual reaction. Woman liked to be told they're beautiful, not that they haven't changed. Especially adolescents.

Part II continues and Sakura really begins to develop those complicated feelings. Plus she's more mature, more sure of herself and doesn't have to hide the fact that she might like Naruto anymore. She slowly starts letting go of Sasuke, keeping on to him because it still gave her an excuse not to go after what her heart said.

Anyway to sum it up I think that the confession. Which I consider to be true, I think relieving Naruto of the POAL was also letting herself relief that connection to Sasuke, which is why she tried to kill the Uchiha.

Again this is my take on Sakura's realization about her feelings.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#147 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

Wow great summary...
Especially liked this part: tongue.gif

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Feb 16 2011, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway to sum it up I think that the confession. Which I consider to be true, I think relieving Naruto of the POAL was also letting herself relief that connection to Sasuke, which is why she tried to kill the Uchiha.

#148 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

yeah great post. makes alot of sense happy.gif

#149 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:40 PM

Omega man great post.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#150 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 16 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Omega man great post.

Just my thoughts. I try and think about characters from a psychology stand point.

#151 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Feb 16 2011, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay so Sakura was told that Sasuke was the guy that everyone should like. That he was the one. Even Ino wanted him, and as her mentor type friend she wants to emulate her. Even to the point that she rather be rivals and enemies and being accepted than being cast out again.

Just need to point out that Sakura liked Sasuke before she knew Ino did. That once she found out, she chose her love for Sasuke over her friendship with Ino. Though, I don't disagree that Sakura liked Sasuke at first in order to fit in. I don't, however, believe she continued with that mindset after she made her decision to behave like a ninja should. She did become somewhat close to Sasuke and got a better understanding of who he was. So, based on that, I can't say she didn't love him during her confession to him. Her fighting Ino was something like facing her insecurities. By doing so, she wouldn't chase after Sasuke due to those things anymore, I think. That's not to say her love for him was good for her. It definitely wasn't.

#152 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Feb 16 2011, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just need to point out that Sakura liked Sasuke before she knew Ino did. That once she found out, she chose her love for Sasuke over her friendship with Ino. Though, I don't disagree that Sakura liked Sasuke at first in order to fit in. I don't, however, believe she continued with that mindset after she made her decision to behave like a ninja should. She did become somewhat close to Sasuke and got a better understanding of who he was. So, based on that, I can't say she didn't love him during her confession to him. Her fighting Ino was something like facing her insecurities. By doing so, she wouldn't chase after Sasuke due to those things anymore, I think. That's not to say her love for him was good for her. It definitely wasn't.

Not sure I agree. Something to me feels very off about that confession. Teenage women usually don't cry and beg and plead for some guy to take them away. I really think that she might have cared about Sasuke, but I really do believe that her "love" for him was really insecurities within that manifested themselves in different ways.

#153 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

U got an interesting point with that omega man
Sakura is very unstable and unconfident

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#154 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Feb 16 2011, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure I agree. Something to me feels very off about that confession. Teenage women usually don't cry and beg and plead for some guy to take them away. I really think that she might have cared about Sasuke, but I really do believe that her "love" for him was really insecurities within that manifested themselves in different ways.

Most likely what she said was meant to buy her time. She was extremely desperate at that point. And she was not a woman. She was 12 years old, just a girl. She had no way of keeping Sasuke there based on strength. What she could do was scream, or she could go with him to buy some time to talk him out of it. Even more telling is that she confessed to loving him even while knowing he didn't love her back. She talked about how he never paid attention to her and didn't love her. Yet she still wanted to tell him. This is just like Hinata's confession in that it was for the benefit of the girl rather than the guy at that moment. Had it been only about keeping her securities at bay, she wouldn't have needed to confess and instead would have said whatever might keep Sasuke there only.

#155 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Feb 17 2011, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most likely what she said was meant to buy her time. She was extremely desperate at that point. And she was not a woman. She was 12 years old, just a girl. She had no way of keeping Sasuke there based on strength. What she could do was scream, or she could go with him to buy some time to talk him out of it. Even more telling is that she confessed to loving him even while knowing he didn't love her back. She talked about how he never paid attention to her and didn't love her. Yet she still wanted to tell him. This is just like Hinata's confession in that it was for the benefit of the girl rather than the guy at that moment. Had it been only about keeping her securities at bay, she wouldn't have needed to confess and instead would have said whatever might keep Sasuke there only.

what you mean? she was just desperate?

#156 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:26 AM

^ She was desperate to keep Sasuke from going with Orochimaru. She tried to reason with him, tried to offer to go along (perhaps to further try to talk him out of it), and threatened to scream to get someone's attention.

#157 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Feb 16 2011, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ She was desperate to keep Sasuke from going with Orochimaru. She tried to reason with him, tried to offer to go along (perhaps to further try to talk him out of it), and threatened to scream to get someone's attention.

At least we agree that was trying to keep him in Konoha. I just think the reason why differ from yours.

#158 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:27 AM

Well, it was pretty obvious she didn't want to part with him, but I think in her fangirlish state, as she was in that period she didn't necessarily want him to stay in the village, just wanted to be with him.

#159 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Feb 17 2011, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it was pretty obvious she didn't want to part with him, but I think in her fangirlish state, as she was in that period she didn't necessarily want him to stay in the village, just wanted to be with him.

And that's why I don't think that confession was real. She was willing to drop everything for him? I call bull. Now if she thought that without him she might not have a purpose or something to distract her, then I can believe it a little bit more.

#160 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

tbh I don't think that moment matters anymore. Ofcourse that confession was real at that point she had a huge crush on Sasuke.
The resent confession to Naruto was just as real but as wrong as the reasons were for her confession to Sasuke (her fangirlism) so justiced are here reasons for confessing to Naruto.

All that besides; she does seem to have a problem with the timing of her confessions (seriously you need to work on that Sakura-chan). tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users