LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

You know in terms of shipping Asta x Noelle I got give Sp props for the first 16 seconds of this: 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#542 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:59 PM

They have no other girl to ship him with, they are already on thin ice, and Noelle is probably like by them because of her looks despite being a Tsudere. She does have a princess look they seem to like in other anime they have done.

#543 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

SP is known to ship hard on Tsundere. Strange how they flopped hard with TG but whatever...

#544 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:33 PM

Also Naruto, and Boruto. Could be just the people that are in the Naruto anime team.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 15 November 2017 - 09:33 PM.

#545 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Black Clover is Naruto. Makes sense.

#546 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

An infinitely BETTER Version of Naruto :lmao:

You know in terms of shipping Asta x Noelle I got give Sp props for the first 16 seconds of this: 

YUP, that definitely laid out the foundation

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 November 2017 - 11:54 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#547 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

I suppose. Im no one to judge, let alone early stage.

#548 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:47 AM

Oh I know that it is too early to judge, but let's be honest, Naruto was at the height of it's popularity around this chapter count too and I find Black clover way more action packed and exciting :yes: and even though there is subtle and contrived (not to mention a bit unbelievable) character development for a lot of characters I still find them very interesting and  they ACTUALLY Progress as characters unlike Naruto  which boiled down to "only Naruto and Sasuke matter in the end"

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 July 2019 - 04:37 PM.

#549 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:58 AM

If you put a gun at me to make a comparison, I find Naruto more interesting at that point. Lets not downplay the best days of Naruto. Even one user tried to back in one podcast. I dont like the series but give credit where its due is part of my protocol.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 16 November 2017 - 12:59 AM.

#550 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:49 AM

Nah Im not forcing you to have the same opinion as me. Its fine if you think Naruto is better at its 100 plus chapters. I just don't think so my self. And not because of the ending when I think back on it Naruto hasn't really been exciting for me at that point. Probably the highlight for me in Part 1 was Itachi's introduction

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 July 2019 - 04:37 PM.

#551 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:19 AM

Oh I should have made it clear. The beginning phrase is meant for me to say that I dont compare that often because to each of their own to the max. So the only way I have to compare is threaten me to death. Thats what I meant, not saying people are forcing me to change my opinion for their sake. Sorry for the confusion.

#552 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:12 PM

If you put a gun at me to make a comparison, I find Naruto more interesting at that point. Lets not downplay the best days of Naruto. Even one user tried to back in one podcast. I dont like the series but give credit where its due is part of my protocol.

Yeah, I agree. I thought part 1 of Naruto was great... There is a reason why Naruto became one of the most popular shounens ever. It had to be good at SOME point during its publication. And I definitely don't only say that out of nostalgia.
Black Clover is just average to me. The one thing it does well though is pacing. Arcs are quick and progress well (looking at you Shokugeki no Soma), so I agree with phantom in that aspect.

Edited by trang95, 16 November 2017 - 05:14 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#553 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

Also, can I just mention thay Noelle must be one of the prettiest and hottest main character girls ever released in Shounen Jump (Nami lover AHK would kill me)? I'm absolutely in love with her character design, and she looks a lot prettier in anime form.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#554 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

Black Clover doesn't have the same spark that drew interest to Naruto that last till around the hunt for itachi arc. Black Clover is and always has been a well done but kind of generic story. It needs for the anime to take it time making people like that characters, because the world isn't all that unique. 

#555 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Also, can I just mention thay Noelle must be one of the prettiest and hottest main character girls ever released in Shounen Jump (Nami lover AHK would kill me)? I'm absolutely in love with her character design, and she looks a lot prettier in anime form.

Nami solos, Erina is says hi, but other than those two I probably agree

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#556 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

Pacing? Hm. I thought its one the funniest perks for the wrong reason. Its like reading this:

Black Clover is sponsored by Viz Media. Enjoy unlimited manga today!

And Black Clover makes it into this:

Black sponsored Media unlimited today!

#557 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

For the record, quality cant really determine the popularity anymore if not ever. Lets not kid ourselves. Crap can be popular at the start and God only knows why.

#558 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

Mm here's the thing. WHY is "crap" popular? Why do people complain about how much something sucks kitten but watch/read/view it (in any shape or form) anyway? Is it because they are masochists? is it that they enjoy taking a dump on something popular to differentiate themselves from others? I can't say I know, but I know for a fact that if I were to actually dislike something I wouldn't follow it anymore. So why can't others? could it be that despite the complaining and stating it is crap, there is something that makes them come back to watch/read/view the publication or serialization week after week month after month, and year after year? here is a better question. if there is so many opinions on how something is crap why do creators keep making it? is it because that underneath all that "nay saying" it actually still garners a lot attention? 

Here is another thing to consider. what is "CRAP" in fictional story telling? To my experience it has always been that it is either cliché, or something that is inconsistent. Sometimes it is both even. But let me address clichés. Why is something cliché? is it something that is done so many times that the audience gets sick of it? if so, here is the paradoxical question? HOW did clichés exist in the first place? apparently they must have been done enough times FOR an audience to get sick of them, which again goes back to why creators create the clichés in the first place if audiences didn't enjoy them? Sure there is the argument that that good original ideas are always getting shafted because it lacks popularity or it is feared to never be popular, but here is another paradoxical question. IF there is so much demand for some originality and not to see clichés why don't we see more original ideas, or better yet, why aren't those original ideas MUCH MORE POPULAR since there is such a demand for them? Why is it that at the end of the day, it is clichés that win popularity and viewership/readership? Also are original ideas truly so original, with the billions of years that human beings have been making fictional/artistic content? Just something to think about, in my opinion. In regards to inconsistency, that is just bad storytelling, nothing to say about that.

Anyway I have gone off topic. Let me tell my EXACT reason for loving Black Clover so much. It is because it reminds me so much of Naruto without all the unnecessary melodrama that ultimately ruined Naruto, and it shows that a lot with it's main characters. Asta is essentially Naruto in that he is a simpleminded, hyperactive loudmouth with a dream to become the the most respected military and political figurehead in his homeland, just without the tragic back story that made Naruto so sympathetic. Yuno is like Sasuke except he is a believable rival-friend, because he actually grew yup with Asta, admired Asta, and ended up having the same dream as Asta, and with out Sasuke's wangsty " no one understands me" personality and doesn't have any murderous behaviour towards Asta (and I hope never does) that makes me question if their friendship is genuine or even believable. Noelle is just like Sakura in that she is a girl with an unlikable personality at the start, but ends up developing to a kind, caring and loving young woman, becomes friends with the Main character and is HEAVILY hinted to be his potential love interest, plus unlike Sakura she doesn't get sidelined in the story too much, is actually plot relevant (usually), and has actually strong and cool powers that could fight off plot important villains (and not just to only take out under powered mooks or minions). It also helps that she has  Naruto's tragic "unloved" back story but grows out of it and now lets NO ONE treat her like trash, not even her older brother (though whether she will extend this confidence to Nozel remains to be seen). Also, she does NOT turn into a emotionally weak, sobbing, victimized mess just because she has unrequited feelings for the "BAD BOY".

In conclusion THIS is what appeals to me so much about Black Clover. I  have always enjoyed the underdog story to prove his/her worth and with a nice, subtle, potential romance on the side. lol Plus, unlike Naruto it doesn't try to over reach and give characters more emotional baggage and wangsty drama than necessary, nor does it create an unrealistic bond out of thing air   

Black Clover doesn't have the same spark that drew interest to Naruto that last till around the hunt for itachi arc. Black Clover is and always has been a well done but kind of generic story. It needs for the anime to take it time making people like that characters, because the world isn't all that unique.

The bolded part is VERY TRUE. But this goes back to my Statement above. And I must ask, Why is it that Black Clover, the GENERIC STORY is the one garnering all the readers and audience popularity ( critical opinion is another matter) but Yuuki Tabata's first publication, Hungry Joker got axed, even though it is the more "original and fresh" idea? Same with BnHA and Kohei Horikoshi. Why is it that Boku no Hero Academia is more wildly popular and critically acclaimed than his first two serializations, Oumagadoki Zoo and Barrage, which are again more "fresh and original"? A generic story is not bad, it is how you write it, but again that is just my opinion. On that note, this is just again my opinion. Naruto, Bleach and One piece  do in fact have those same generic themes to them, but I  won't say that Black clover is generic and not unique just because those three "did it first".

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 December 2017 - 07:08 PM.

#559 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:22 AM

Barrage was the most generic manga I have ever read in my life. Not a single page I read that I did not feel like I have not seen that same thing in at least 5 other stories.

#560 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:34 AM

Okay I'll give you that one. :smile: Admittedly I didn't read  those other series but my point stands

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users