• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#41 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:24 PM

Well,it is up to them to decide if they love each other. And Naruto still loves her regardless of part one.

We all get to choose who we love, not who we deserve and don't deserve.

And they seem close enough now, so...

\

#42 Heavens Wrath

Heavens Wrath

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Dec 14 2007, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well,it is up to them to decide if they love each other. And Naruto still loves her regardless of part one.

We all get to choose who we love, not who we deserve and don't deserve.

And they seem close enough now, so...

I agree with this. It's not about who you do or do not "deserve". The only thing that is important is who you do or do not love.

#43 canis

canis

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:10 PM

Well, everybody covered everything I've wanted to say... I'm with Leney on this.

Apart from that... Whatever their relationship will turn out to be, as long as they are fine with it and it works for them it's fine.
The potential of it is undisputed I'd say...

The only real problem I have with the topoc of "deserving each other" is that you could twist as you want.
Sakura didn't bother to recognize Naruto in the beginning and thus doesn't deserve him...
Hinata did so, but didn't step up and become a friend he so desperately needed...
Naruto was a brat and an attention whore and didn't deserve anyone...
Sasuke chose to not care about anyone and cut his bonds because of revenge and therefore doesn't deserve anyone...
That way of thinking doesn't take things like forgiveness and understanding into account which are important topics in Naruto in my opinion...

We all need to cut the characters some slack, because even if they are ninja and soldiers they still are teenagers...

#44 Naruto and Sakura Supporter

Naruto and Sakura Supporter

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Naruto anime, Disney, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, collecting trading cards, action figures, video games

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:27 PM

How could you even say that?! Sure Sakura didn't really say much, but she didn't realize Naruto was doing so much for her. Besides, her face really shows her feelings for Naruto. Not what she says.

Let love last forever......Naruto Uzumaki and Sakura Haruno

#45 BahamutX

BahamutX

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:32 PM

I say both of them need each other more than ever now in Part II.

With Jiraiya's death, Naruto will need comforting once he hears the news..

#46 Shana

Shana

~melon bread....=D

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:13 AM

No. She does not DESERVE him. But who cares honestly? If Naruto still likes Sakura-chan, why does it matter? =]

#47 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:32 PM

I think wether or not Sakura deserve Naruto depends on how do you see her growth. For me, if you ask me is she deserve him at first season, the answer is flat no. Why? She barely acknowledge him, much less befriend him, its not until in the middle of wave arc to chuunin exam arc that she really try to get to know him. To have her get Naruto up to that point is no better than telling that Naruto deserve to suffer.

However, if you're talking about second season, I'll say she deserve him to some extend. At the very least she is WILLING to help him reach his goal (I'm talking about getting Sasuke back, not the Hokage) AND acknowledge Naruto's growth. That in itself shows a huge improvement from her attitude 2 years ago where she barely show any recognition about Naruto. it also show that she has grown up passed the childhood stage into a mature young woman. Like it or not, shes not the same girl as when she was a genin and what she did as a genin does NOT mean that she will always act like that.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#48 I s u z u

I s u z u

Fuck yeah Sakura ♥

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

It's not a matter of whether of not she "deserves" him, or he deserves her. It's a matter of if they love each other enough to be there for each other and understand each other, IMO. Which they do. I absolutely ADORE both characters - they're my two favorites, Sakura, then Naruto. It's not if they "deserve" each other....That makes it seem too much like each character is a prize to be won. I don't like that. =/

Hmmm I didn't make any sense XD

Banner by Someone Awesome <3
narutoforums | youtube | livejournal

#49 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:18 PM

Hmmm I didn't make any sense XD

No, you made perfect sense. I think the entire "Sakura deserves Naruto" debate is absurd. Not only because it's pointless (Naruto loves Sakura, so obviously he can't care less if she "deserves" him or not), but because Sakura mustn't fill any set of requirements so she is considered worthy of the glorious privilege of dating Naruto (man, how sexist it sounds?).

The argument doesn't become less dumb if we split Sakura in Sakura Part One and Sakura Part Two, how if they were two different characters.

Besides, and it's another topic, but I'm pretty tired of seeing Sakura vilified and called "b*tch" because she was an immature twelve-old years girl (a teen being immature? We can't have that, can we?) who liked Sasuke (like nearly all girls around her age in Konohagakure) and treated Naruto like all kids did (and we don't see Ino, Kiba or Shikamaru getting that lousy treatment).

Please, before going on berating the character, let's examine what she knew about Naruto when the manga started: her parents had told she was to stay away that boy because he was trouble; he was an idiot who loved playing pranks; he had no parents punished him when he made something bad; and he was always ridiculing her before Sasuke and the remainder girls.

Let's remember now she was an immature teenager and she had been bullied. Is it so difficult assuming that boy was always bothering her -and was an idiot and problematic prankster who could get away with anything because nobody would scold him- flirted with her because he loved ridiculing her in front of the people she wanted making a good impression on? And he did so because he liked seeing her suffering?

Yes, she was completely wrong, but she couldn't know that since she didn't mix with him. During the Promise of A Lifetime scene she told he always knew about and her and she trusted him completely. Why? Because AFTER having mixed with him, she knew better.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#50 taichikun14

taichikun14

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:57 AM

In part 1 I thought she definitely didn't deserve him, but since Shippuuden started I've begun to change my mind. She considers Naruto's feelings a lot more and worries about him more than she ever did. And she improved SO much and so quickly over the 3 years because she didn't want Naruto having to save Sasuke alone after seeing what happened to him last time (methinks). I think she oughtta say "thank you" to Naruto once in a while but I've come to think that with the (violent) way she is with Naruto, it's just not in her to come out and say something nice like that. Instead she just kinda acknowledges it in her head or gives him a nice smile (or offers to feed him ramen or something happy.gif )

#51 shiroihato

shiroihato

IESU, Rex admirabilis! Servatis A Pereculum!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Sakunaru<br />Sakura Haruno fanfiction<br />writing my novel<br />Evenesance, The Fray, All American Rejects<br />Japan/ Japanese<br />(Nihon, Nihongo)

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Dec 11 2007, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes.. yes, I agree!
She wasn't that bad man... She was smitten with the Uchiha, true, but she didn't totally disregard Naruto. She believed Sasuke to be the strongest of the two, but she cared for both (remember them going postal on the hospital... or after fighting Orochimaru? Who cared for the two of them?).
Yes, it's not as if she fought an S-class enemy shinobi with the good of Naruto on her mind, or as if she tried to calm down a demonic Naruto at the cost of her own safety.
Sakura was probably the first one to truely acknowledge Naruto as a strong teammate and shinobi, which based on who we're talking about (the former President of the I-Lurv-Sasuke-FC) said alot about her. She trusted Naruto with the retrieval of their rogue teammate, and when he failed... she didn't go all Ms b*tch like in fanfics where she slapped him and stuff.. she felt horrible for being useless to Naruto and indirectly causing him to get hurt, and she spent the next three years training so she could be of help to him when they got Sasuke back... together! I find her determination admirable, and I don't think she did that just to get Sasuke back, but so Naruto wouldn't have to do it alone. She trusts Naruto with her life, and Naruto knows this.
I'm Vyse Sakura!! *kills you a little bit*

No no, you're entitled to your own thoughts and opinions.

But the answer to your question is a "Yes! I do believe Sakura deserves Naruto!".

I think that about sums it up. I agree a lot with what Jenskott said, as well. Although to be honest, Sakura's alwas been my favorite. My first episode that I watched (not that I SAW) was "Bushy Brows Pledge" dub version, followed by "Sakura Blossoms", so...
あなたの幸せ願うほど わがままが増えてくよ-
The more I wish for your happiness, the more selfish I become

My Mibba- Paradox Complex ~ My FF.net Account ~My Useless Youtube ~The Mary Sue Test

#52 Manda

Manda

Miss LoveDoctor ❤

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Music, Drawing, Writing, Graphics, Anime &amp; Manga, Photoshop, H&amp;E, NF, Food, Ice Cream and my friends. &lt;333

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

I don't really like the word "deserve."

I agree with Isu-chan. As long as Naruto and Sakura both care for each other and are having fun in each others presence, I think it makes all the difference. happy.gif And who knows? Maybe some romantic feelings may develop from both sides because of that. I don't think "deserve" really plays in their relationship, since they have both shown to care for one another immensely. And they'll continue doing that, from the looks of it.

Manda. → Dana
deviantartfanfictionlivejournalmyanimelistdomain

#53 pal2002

pal2002

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Hiromi @ Jan 30 2008, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really like the word "deserve."

I agree with Isu-chan. As long as Naruto and Sakura both care for each other and are having fun in each others presence, I think it makes all the difference. happy.gif And who knows? Maybe some romantic feelings may develop from both sides because of that. I don't think "deserve" really plays in their relationship, since they have both shown to care for one another immensely. And they'll continue doing that, from the looks of it.

Well said (for you and Izzy). And I didn't actually need to type anything. XD
And can some mod come and move this to this Icha Icha narusaku forum?

#54 Hobue

Hobue

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

Hello everybody, I´m new here in NARUSAKU and I want to add one point in this post.
I hope this history will finish with NaruSaku and not with NaruHina or SasuSaku.
But for example I saw like the episode 45 in NShippuden, Sakura thinks one moment in Sasuke
and sometimes I think she will stay with Sasuke more than Naruto.
But for now they have 15 years old and maybe when Naruto will grow and has the age for to be in Hokage, he will mature like his father Yondaime and he want have children and I think Sakura is the best choice with him, more than Hinata.
Because Hinata is a secondary or tertiary character in this history and I think Kishimoto doesn´t appreciated much this character.

#55 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:57 PM

I don't think it's really a matter on whether or not Sakura or whomever deserves the other, i think it's really a matter on whether or not Naruto will choose Sakura. I mean there is a hell of a lot of evidence to suggest so, but we really don't know if Naruto ever actually felt for Sakura more than just a crush, and it's also possible that he only started liking Sakura in the first place just to compete with Sasuke, but now it is plainly obvious that that's not the case anymore, however, i think it's not entirely unlikely that Naruto doesn't love Sakura, and instead is starting to see her more as a sister and teammate rather than a lover, of course, i am a huge NaruSaku fan so i still beleive that they're going to get together, all i'm saying is that i think it's possible.

#56 ChibiChan

ChibiChan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:51 PM

I'm going along w/everyone else, I don't think it's a matter of "deserving", but that they just enjoy each others' company happy.gif

No matter what Sakura does to Naruto, she'll always be his Sakura-chan, and I highly doubt ANYTHING will change that smile.gif No matter what happens, I do believe that Sakura will always have a special place in his heart. As far as they've come, it's a plain fact that they are incredibly dedicated to each other. It doesn't matter what other people say about how "mean" she is to him or whatever, but that they're just there for each other tongue.gif
私はLittleであり、それはあなたが知る必要があるすべてである <3 ;D

#57 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:33 AM

Id have to say yes whole heartedly she does.

First shes changed so much through out the series. But even more compelling shes tried the hardest to change.

Second she does appreciate Narutos help more then she can even possibly tell him. And this is what drives her. Shes IMHO confused about Sasuke and her feelings for Naruto.

and the kick of it is.

Its all Narutos fault.

Yep thats right you heard it here. Its all Narutos fault shes so confused. And needs to confront Sasuke before she can move on and love Naruto fully.

Why is it his fault. Well let me give you this. In all the fan fics and debates for naruto. I hear about how sakura allways loved sasuke. But I rarely here about the root cause of these feelings and Why she would chase such an obvious crush for so long especially after his betrayal.

Well Ill tell you why she does. BEcause the day team 7 was formed. A certain blonde knucklehead henged into his rival to ask the girl of his dreams what she thought about him. in order disguised as his rival and her crush. our orange clad imposter. First made on of her fantasies come true.

and it is this moment right their where In a true case of irony he cements the image in Sakuras mind of a gentle loving Sasuke that acknowledges her. Because of this she is unabel to get past this image. even when all he does is berate her. shes stuck in the moment because A) shes still immature, and B) shes seen the "beautiful charming" side that she falls in lvoe with.

So in conclusion Naruto however unintentionally is the direct cause of Sakuras confusion.

And this confusion means she is going to have to confront Sasuke one last time. To ask him about why he was so charming and complimented hr forehead and acknowledged her. To which he'll reply in the negative and let her know that It was Naruto all along.

remember this scene

I think in this scene she tells him in not so many words. That shes fallen in love with him. For all that hes done for her from beginning to end. But she has to make him wait for 2 reasons.

1) her need to grow stronger, so shes no longer a burden to him, so she can stand at his side instead of allways behind his back as shes done in part 1.

2) because she has to confront Sasuke one last time. Just one more time. to see what hsi true feelings are. to see if the Sasuke she fell in love with is still in their.

The sasuke image that Naruto put their when he complimented her forehead and acknowledged her.

In many ways Sakuras still got some growth to do. She hasnt thanked him for saving her form Garaa, yet. I think this wel coem in part 2 eventually ((unless Kishimoto forgot that little detail)) but she is growing and thats the important part. And mroe importantly shes doing it for and because of her precious person. Shes changing BEcause she wants to. She wants to be better. And she wants to more importantly.

She wants to stand by Narutos side. this time shell be the one to save him and Sasuke. this time theyll be watching her back. narusakuct7.gif

oh and as a side not regarding how mean she is to him by hitting him and such.

Does anyone trully believe the Ninja that defeated Gaara of the Desert couldnt dodge a punch if he wanted too? And can anyone trully say that he doesnt bring "the majority" of it on himself by being completely clueless and sometimes insensitive.

trust me she does it because he needs it. he'll grow up eventually but it'll be because 1) time matures everyone one way or another. and 2) because Sakura clobbered it into him. biggrin.gif

Edited by catsi563, 16 February 2008 - 08:36 AM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#58 creak

creak

Lurker

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:philosophy, indie rock, cigerettes, and coffee

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Feb 16 2008, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh and as a side not regarding how mean she is to him by hitting him and such.

Does anyone trully believe the Ninja that defeated Gaara of the Desert couldnt dodge a punch if he wanted too? And can anyone trully say that he doesnt bring "the majority" of it on himself by being completely clueless and sometimes insensitive.

trust me she does it because he needs it. he'll grow up eventually but it'll be because 1) time matures everyone one way or another. and 2) because Sakura clobbered it into him. biggrin.gif

i agree, but also i think kishi intends to use it for comic relief as well. happy.gif
"I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved." Søren Kierkegaard

#59 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:47 AM

I still say Sakura deserves Naruto. After all she isn't the same person she was pre- time skip, she changed her ways and recognized how important Naruto was in her life. I am sure others have given plenty reasons as to how she changed her attitude and I will agree 100% because she learned something and then applied it.

Part 2 Sakura IMO would gladly die for Naruto if need be, just like he would do the same for her and that just makes it all up for me because she is there for him now. To me it feels like Naruto embraces change and Sakura represents it. (don't know if that made sense at all or not tongue.gif)

#60 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (narutokage @ Feb 17 2008, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still say Sakura deserves Naruto. After all she isn't the same person she was pre- time skip, she changed her ways and recognized how important Naruto was in her life. I am sure others have given plenty reasons as to how she changed her attitude and I will agree 100% because she learned something and then applied it.

Part 2 Sakura IMO would gladly die for Naruto if need be, just like he would do the same for her and that just makes it all up for me because she is there for him now. To me it feels like Naruto embraces change and Sakura represents it. (don't know if that made sense at all or not tongue.gif)

No actually that makes perfect sence. Its really what makes Sakura one of the best characters in the Series. Because shes the one that has changed the most of all of them. Even more then Naruto she has changed. But the key is she has changed for herself, and She has changed for him.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users