Close
Photo

Even though it's filler....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Dart Tension

Dart Tension

I will protect those I care about. No matter what.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, writing, reading fanfics (especially about narusaku), animating, hanging with friends, sneaking up on people, stealing other peoples' food, and meeting new people.

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:22 AM

Does anyone agree with me that the filler anime arc with Naruto and Sakura journeying into the rice country had some nice narusaku moments? I havent seen it in a while, but I saw a NaruSaku AMV and saw some scenes from that arc and they were pretty cute. I feel like watching it again.
"Life is empty if there's no one to share it with when it's full."
Insanity can be fun!
I'm Extreme Reborn in Live chat! But you don't know that.....
Dedicated, Hardcore, NaruSaku Fan, Current number of narusaku fics that I'm waiting for to finish: ? ( I lost count)

I'm making up for my mistakes.

#2 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (Dart Tension @ Jul 1 2007, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone agree with me that the filler anime arc with Naruto and Sakura journeying into the rice country had some nice narusaku moments? I havent seen it in a while, but I saw a NaruSaku AMV and saw some scenes from that arc and they were pretty cute. I feel like watching it again.

I am in the minority I happen to like most of the filler. I also think that when it comes to characterization not nessacarily story line that Kishi may have taken some of the filler into consideration when doing Shippuden chapters. Alot of people deny it but I think even in the manga we are starting to see Sakura opening her eyes to just how much of a jerk Sasuke is.

#3 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:50 AM

It was because of this arc that I wished the fillers were canon... But then I realized that if they were, NaruHina would own NaruSaku. >.>

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#4 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (AnimeGirl_123 @ Jul 2 2007, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was because of this arc that I wished the fillers were canon... But then I realized that if they were, NaruHina would own NaruSaku. >.>

Yes and no. Yea the fillers kinda made me want Naruto and Hinata to become a couple, but seeing how Hinata has faded from the spot light in Shippuden and recent manga and how Sakura seems to be slowly coming to her sense I have a feeling maybe Kishi will throw a curveball at us and maybe have a new lover interest for Hinata or maybe when Naruto was gone she was forced into an arranged marriage. Who knows we shall see.

#5 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:13 AM

Erm...in the recent manga, Naruto and Hinata are paired off together... it reminded me of fillers. sad.gif If you forget the original manga and the anime and look at fillers only, NaruHina is the dominant pairing, followed by maybe NejiTen. There was NaruSaku too though. wub.gif

Arranged marriage? I don't think so. The only curve I can see Kishi throwing is giving us something else and not NaruSaku. XD Like some say they can't see Naruto getting over Sakura, others (me included) can't see Hinata getting over Naruto either.

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#6 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

I don't even want that filler arc to be canon.

It had some nice NaruSaku fluff, but it had Sakura and Jiraiya both acting like total idiots.

And the caterpillar turning into the butterfly? (Dunno how else to describe it.) That was seriously whacked.

#7 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (AnimeGirl_123 @ Jul 2 2007, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erm...in the recent manga, Naruto and Hinata are paired off together... it reminded me of fillers. sad.gif If you forget the original manga and the anime and look at fillers only, NaruHina is the dominant pairing, followed by maybe NejiTen. There was NaruSaku too though. wub.gif

Arranged marriage? I don't think so. The only curve I can see Kishi throwing is giving us something else and not NaruSaku. XD Like some say they can't see Naruto getting over Sakura, others (me included) can't see Hinata getting over Naruto either.

Am I behind in the manga or something cause I have only seen Hinata show up for a couple panels. She was hiding behind a fence afraid to go say Hi to him after no seeing him for a couple years and he saw her and went and said hi and she fainted and that was it. Also even from the fillers I never got NejiTen feel. I remember an episode where she was staring at Lee with almost a kind of admiration.

#8 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:26 AM

You're behind.

Team 7 and Team 8 have joined together to gather information on Sasuke and Itachi. Naruto is currently teamed up with Hinata and Yamato.

That scene of Tenten admiring Lee was from the manga originally. So it's not an anime addition.

#9 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Jul 2 2007, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're behind.

Team 7 and Team 8 have joined together to gather information on Sasuke and Itachi. Naruto is currently teamed up with Hinata and Yamato.

That scene of Tenten admiring Lee was from the manga originally. So it's not an anime addition.

I see. The site I read the manga off of is only as far as chapter 360. So either I missed something or they don't have all the chapters. It is possible I just missed that cause I have been getting very little sleep lately. I am always up too late reading the manga watching the show or reading fan fics lately. LOL This is not healthy for a 27 year old guy.

#10 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:02 PM

The only filler arc I really enjoyed (except for the idiotic villians) was the last arc with Gaara. Why it worked so much better than the other fillers was because it actually worked with the manga storyline to make a bridge to part 2 of the story. No shipping Naruto wise, but it does have a good ShikaTem moment in it, and shows Ino maturely realizing that Shikamaru and Temari had this intense attraction and it was time for her to stop playing around and flirting with him. It also sets up Sakura as Ino's medic nin teacher in a funny way. Plus my favorite filler character, who's actually semicannon- Matsuri is in it.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#11 Tobi

Tobi

I am a good boy!

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Annoy people!<br /><br />Msn and Yahoo addresses aren't the real ones :3 If you want my email, just ask ^-^

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

You're talkinf about episodes 140-142, arent'ya?
I loved the NaruSaku moments, since I enjoy making amvs they're useful XD But the last arc, with Gaara and sibling was dreafoul, really.... And let's not talk about all those NaruHina hints, ewww >___<

#12 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:16 AM

I love NaruSaku and all, but......
I hate it when it's in fillers. It doesn't seem right for some reason. Like episode 137 or something.
I am still pinky-ash

#13 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Ashley @ Jul 5 2007, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love NaruSaku and all, but......
I hate it when it's in fillers. It doesn't seem right for some reason. Like episode 137 or something.

Agree. I don't like it much either. Almost like somethings missing.

#14 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

What do you mean, "good"? It was awful. It took away from the intensity of the hospital scene! T___T

#15 Enermil

Enermil

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:02 PM

I hate fillers. The filler arc was one of the worst things I have seen in anime. The characters personallity were changed, ex. Naruto being completely stupid when he is only a bit dumb, Sakura being a b*tch, then we have the Naruhina festival moments when in the manga Naruhina interaction is minimum.

Also I despise fillers moments in canon chapters. All those Naruhina moments in the first episodes were one of the major reasons why Naruhina is so popular. Hinata stalking Naruto when he was leaving with team 7 for Wave Country is pathetic.

Also the fillers moments in canon episodes are responsible that Shippuuden chapters have a very low and boring pacing. For the love of good. They are killing part 2 whith the stupid fillers moments when he has nearly begun.

#16 One-Shot

One-Shot

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:29 PM

i just rewatched that arc, yeah it is a good narusaku arc, naruto saves her 5 times if not more, and she saves him once also (twice if you count that he said she supposedly saved him from being crushed)

#17 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 05:08 AM

Yeah, I agree. The same holds for the third Naruto movie (especially the credits if I recall correctly)

#18 One-Shot

One-Shot

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (Enermil @ Jul 5 2007, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate fillers. The filler arc was one of the worst things I have seen in anime. The characters personallity were changed, ex. Naruto being completely stupid when he is only a bit dumb, Sakura being a b*tch, then we have the Naruhina festival moments when in the manga Naruhina interaction is minimum.

Also I despise fillers moments in canon chapters. All those Naruhina moments in the first episodes were one of the major reasons why Naruhina is so popular. Hinata stalking Naruto when he was leaving with team 7 for Wave Country is pathetic.

Also the fillers moments in canon episodes are responsible that Shippuuden chapters have a very low and boring pacing. For the love of good. They are killing part 2 whith the stupid fillers moments when he has nearly begun.

dont change the subject, just answer the danm question

#19 Banana

Banana

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Flash, Manga, fruit

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

Sasume (or w/e it is, I forgot what her name is) shoulda done something perverted to Naruto so Sakura could get super jealous. biggrin.gif

When Naruto learned Sasume was a girl and remembered the time he grabbed her, that seriously reminded me of Ranma, when he grabbed Ukyo, who he then thought was a boy.

#20 lodikeii

lodikeii

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:16 PM

i usually hate fillers
but one filler episode of naruto apparently is my fav. ^^
it does not include NaruSaku (more like SasuSaku)
but u just have to agree, that episode where they try to find out whats behind kakashis mask is hilarious biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users