Close
Photo

What are you expecting when Sakura finally returns?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

Sakura has now been out of the manga(if you don't count the Road to Ninja oneshot) since Feb 2012. That is a very long time for a "main" character. So what do you think we will see when Sakura finally returns during the Obito/Madara fight? Do you think she will play any major role and help Naruto? Many have commented on her similarities to Rin and how that might play a role with Obito. And if Tsunade dies, I would have to think Kishi would not kill her until we see Sakura. Of course, Kishimoto could wait until Sasuke shows up for Sakura's development. Since this is a NaruSaku forum, do you think their relationship will be furthered when they finally get to interact again?

Since she is not by herself, and part of the Konoha 12, any development for her is probably going to be tied to them.

#2 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Deej @ Oct 14 2012, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura has now been out of the manga(if you don't count the Road to Ninja oneshot) since Feb 2012. That is a very long time for a "main" character. So what do you think we will see when Sakura finally returns during the Obito/Madara fight? Do you think she will play any major role and help Naruto? Many have commented on her similarities to Rin and how that might play a role with Obito. And if Tsunade dies, I would have to think Kishi would not kill her until we see Sakura. Of course, Kishimoto could wait until Sasuke shows up for Sakura's development. Since this is a NaruSaku forum, do you think their relationship will be furthered when they finally get to interact again?

Since she is not by herself, and part of the Konoha 12, any development for her is probably going to be tied to them.

I dont know about sasuke and sakura for me it should have ended, because sasuke already showed that he does not have any feelings for sakura,this is a fact even kakashi with rin along with him could not love her why sasuke should have feelings for sakura after all the bad things he did to her, she have find out the resolutionby herself she has to make this decision alone there's no sasuke here, unless kishi wants to show bad writing because there's nothing for sasuke to say to her, he tried to kill her two times and could not do this because someome else appeared to save her.

Edited by dovahkiin, 14 October 2012 - 05:43 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#3 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Don't really know what to expect when that happens. Something good, hopefully. But at this point, who knows. 8 months is a long time.

#4 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

I'm hoping for some significant Naruto and Sakura interaction, ideally Sakura convincing Naruto that she (and them) are not going to let him fight alone, and that they are all there to help him and to support him (and then Sakura recalls Itachi's words about his father becoming Hokage because he had his mother and all the others).

I'm expecting her reappearance to be general since she is with the rest of the rookies, with all of them launching some kind of attacks that help initially, and maybe make Obito and Madara temporarily retreat and perhaps rehash their game plan (because things have obviously changed from the last time they saw one another). After that, during the downtime between this fight and the next, I am expecting some kind of conversation/bonding moment between them - likely when she is taking the time to heal him.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#5 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

As for any Sasuke/Sakura connection, it's worth remembering that Sasuke is the only one who knows just how much a trigger Sakura is for Naruto. He knows this from first-hand experience, whereas Kakashi and Tsunade do not have that peer knowledge. Sasuke could use this knowledge to his advantage, either to manipulate Sakura or incite Naruto to violence. So Sakura's development could come as a by-product of a situation with Sasuke.

#6 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

When Sakura returns I don't expect her to be the sole focus or even have too much importance, I do expect we will get some introspection about her relationship with Naruto, and some interaction between the two.

The war has been important for the development of most of the supporting cast, Sai with his brother, InoShikaCho with Asuma so I see the upcoming fight to be the resolution of most of the secondary characters individual stories, so Hinata, Lee etc.

I expect Kishimoto will want to hold off the final pieces of character development and resolutions for the main characters until a later date with the exception of Kakashi since his past is driving the plot at the moment. After the Madara fight I believe the manga will enter its finale leading up to Naruto and Sasukes fight and that is where Sakura, Taka will get extensive screen time since they are the most important people to Naruto and Sasuke.

I don't think Sasuke needs to show up to resolve Sakura's character but he probably will, I think Naruto's line criticizing Sasuke for not regarding Sakura as a member of Team 7 will be brought back.

#7 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

The part that worries me is that Kishi said in his last interview that she slipped his mind when asked about who he would write about. Although in that other interview were he said that Tobi's identity would be revealed (I think it was released around July) he said that all of our favorite characters were going to shine from now on, so I hope he also had Sakura in mind when he made that comment. But on the other hand, even if he says all characters will shine that still doesn't confirm that Kishi will make her stand out anymore in comparison to the other rookies.

Sakura is the main heroine after all, so even if she's not OP like Naruto and Sasuke or not even as skillful as Kakashi that doesn't mean she should be relegated to be just another support character on the same level as the other rookies. Sadly, at this point I can't predict what will be Kishi's move when it comes to Sakura screentime. I do believe that he' very fond of her character considering that he felt embarrassed to draw her in a swimsuit way back when and also that he keeps a little keychain of Sakura hanging around his desk. Still, even if he's fond of her that doesn't prove she will get the relevance she deserves.

I am hoping that maybe Sakura can team up with Naruto to take on Madara. I was originally hoping it would be against Tobi, but given his revelation as Obito that seems to be building up to be Kakashi's fight. It doesn't even have to be just Nauto and Sakura, the entire alliance could get in and fight as well, but at the very least I would want Sakura to be Naruto's right arm in this big fight. It's been hinted ever since the beginning of Part 2 that Naruto and Sakura make a great team thanks to how they dealt with Kakashi's 2nd bell test. Unfortunately ever since then we haven't seen Naruto and Sakura working together to take someone down, so this battle might be the last opportunity for such a thing to happen.

Them teaming up will:

1) Give Sakura a much over due comeback towards the serious battles.

Let's admit it, the last time she had a serious fight was with Sasori, ever since then every time she finds herself in combat it only lasts for a couple of panels and that's it. Sometimes I fear that the only reason he made Sakura so badass in her fight against Sasori was so that he didn't have it worry about giving her a proper fight ever again. But let's hope I'm wrong.

2) If NaruSaku has always been the final pairing this would be Kishi's perfect opportunity to establish the strength of their bond.

It would also go perfectly with Itachi's words to Naruto about how Minato became Hokage because he had Kushina and the rest by his side. And those words would go perfectly with Sakura's statement of how she and the rest will be by Naruto's side. It might be a stretch but sometimes I think Kishimoto might've made Sakura's words be similar to Itachi's on purpose. I really hope that I'm right on this one because it would cement how Naruto can find the strength to become Hokage thanks to Sakura being by his side, along with the rest.

But what's particular about both, Sakura's and Itachi's, statements it that they both put an individual first and then add the rest , and in both cases that certain individual who is mentioned first happens to be the love interest of the person talked about.

Itachi: Minato could become Hokage because he had Kushina and all the others
Sakura: We're going to be together, not just me, we're all going to fight together

It might be nothing but it's interesting that Kishimoto made an emphasis on the love interest in both cases. He could've just made Itachi say "It's because Minato had the support of everyone that he became Hokage", likewise, Sakura could've said "No matter what you say, we're all gonna fight together". The lines would still have the same impact. But instead we have Itachi separating Kushina from the rest and then we have Sakura making a focus on how she personally will be with Naruto and then mention the rest afterwards.

I also hope for the chance that maybe Sakura's similar position to Rin will make her particularly important in some shape or form. There's the fact that Tsunade is at risk of dying and if it does happen it would be completely stupid not to make particular focus on how it would affect Sakura.

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

Wow, you guys are really great. I'll try to keep it short.

When Sakura finally returns, I expect her to get the most dialogue out of all the background people. I don't know how much role she will get for this current battle, but I do know her development is building up due to Tsunade's situation, dead or alive. The point is that she's in danger and Sakura will be hurt to see her condition. Let's not forget how happy she was when she reported to Naruto that Tsunade is back and ready. That tells me that she cares her deeply, not because she's the Hokage. Basically, it's hard to say what's her role in this current battle, if she do arrive in time. However, I do believe we are in for a big development after the battle. If you noticed, Kishi is now on the main character's developments starting with Kakashi, which it could be the last big development for him. Sakura will get her big development as Naruto continues to get bits-by-bits as usual. It would seem that perhaps the army will come to get their shining moment by supporting. After that battle, it will be majorly focus on the main characters.

The way I say it is that Kishi is building up the problem for these main characters. Kakashi is facing Obito, who is his best friend that is now a terrorist and the guy who he failed to keep his promise with. What's worse is that it feels like Kakashi is to blame for the whole war to begin with, but let's not get ahead ourselves. Sakura will be something with Naruto and Tsunade. Sasuke is now confused but calm. Now, he's off to search for the answer to his question. That answer will decide his next and perhaps final movement before the conclusion. Naruto is everything else.

I believe what redragon88 said can happen. There's many ways you can do this. One is having Obito go mad when he sees Sakura healing Naruto, which will trigger his old memory. He seems the type of guy who hates to remember the past because after all, it is "hell." Plus, it is proven that he's capable to go mad whenever something seems wrong to his own vision. So stuff like that can make him go mad, which Madara may be irritated by this. Madara seems to dislike the new generation being so out of place (referring to Nagato), so he probably would be mad at Obito's sudden outburst. Sakura could be in danger here and of course, Naruto will not tolerate it.

Since, we only talking about her return to the battlefield, I guess that's all I can say. Like I said, she probably get the most dialogue out of the army. I don't know her relationship with Naruto will happen in there, but I think it's very likely that will be addressed after the battle. If people expect Sasuke interacting Sakura, I expect this in the very end. The last arc, to me, was a clear indication that it's up to Naruto and Sasuke to confront each other, and no one else. Basically, Sakura no longer will get in the way for that situation. Their next interaction will be the last, most likely a make it or break it situation for SS unless Sakura realizes her feelings for Naruto before they talk. As for NS, it's no way to escape it. The interaction will happen and best bet that she will address Naruto about his comments to Sasuke (Both will die talk). She did question in her head on what is Naruto's intention. Naruto only said when the time is right, he will tell the story, but what if he is dead serious about dying together with Sasuke. Sakura will not let that happen. She promised herself to protect both of them. So yeah, I can see a hug from Naruto to comfort her. Only time will tell.

#9 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

Personally I don't expect too much out of it in terms of romance, the battlefield is not the place for romance, especially in fiction where the dude talking about his girlfriend/wife/love interest all the time might as well be wearing a giant bullseye. As for development I have no idea.

QUOTE (Paptala @ Oct 14 2012, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hoping for some significant Naruto and Sakura interaction, ideally Sakura convincing Naruto that she (and them) are not going to let him fight alone, and that they are all there to help him and to support him (and then Sakura recalls Itachi's words about his father becoming Hokage because he had his mother and all the others).

How the hell would Sakura know what Itachi said, she doesn't even know that he never truly betrayed Konoha, for that matter she doesn't even know who his parents are.

I'm expecting her reappearance to be general since she is with the rest of the rookies, with all of them launching some kind of attacks that help initially, and maybe make Obito and Madara temporarily retreat and perhaps rehash their game plan (because things have obviously changed from the last time they saw one another). After that, during the downtime between this fight and the next, I am expecting some kind of conversation/bonding moment between them - likely when she is taking the time to heal him.

I really don't think that Obito and Madara will fall back if the army gets there because if the Conservation of Ninjutsu trope is in effect (and it has been so far) then that just means that the Shinobi Alliance has become a Red Shirt Army

QUOTE (tricksie @ Oct 14 2012, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for any Sasuke/Sakura connection, it's worth remembering that Sasuke is the only one who knows just how much a trigger Sakura is for Naruto. He knows this from first-hand experience, whereas Kakashi and Tsunade do not have that peer knowledge. Sasuke could use this knowledge to his advantage, either to manipulate Sakura or incite Naruto to violence. So Sakura's development could come as a by-product of a situation with Sasuke.

I don't think Sasuke would do something like that fore multiple reasons
  1. Sasuke has a lot of pride, so much that he has a superiority complex
  2. and to add to the superiority complex he also suffers from a inferiority complex, and having to resort to something as low as that in order to beat Naruto would be a big blow to his ego
  3. Sasuke really doesn't need to do anything Naruto is already prepared to go all out against him

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

I am not worried about Sakura not being in the manga in 8 months. If you think about it, none of the konoha 11 have been in the manga for 8 months and I already gave a theory on why this doesn't bother me. I'll post it here in case people want to read it.

Yamato even longer than that.

This:
I thought of a crazy conspiracy theory if anyone would like to listen and to use the same logic on why I think Sasuke is a terrible villain. You can read I think it was in the 600 - 603 chapter threads.

Anyway, in a nutshell the reason why I feel Sasuke is a bad villain: He is driven by the plot. This is some what Kishi's fault in that he kind of gotten carried away with his plot of Obito and Madara. Because of this, and because the final battle of the manga has to be between Sasuke and Naruto, Sasuke is stuck doing these side adventures until there is time for Naruto to fight him. Right now, Naruto is fighting in a war. Sasuke could easily go and destroy the Konoha village right now while all the soldiers are at war. He could even cause a bigger ruckus by doing this by waiting til Naruto and the rest get back and see this destruction. Sort of like what Nagato did. (Which is why it made this battle epic. What happens when the hero is just a few seconds too late.) Why doesn't he do this? Cause Kishimoto is stalling for a good moment. Too many other plot elements are getting in the way at the moment. See he has Sasuke "looking" for answers he doesn't really need or other villains have done more on less.

Now before we apply this logic to NaruSaku let's look at facts first:

-Naruto and Sakura both love each other. We can argue Sakura's feelings, but come on. Too much development to deny it. We say this to the NaruHina fans all the time. How can we say she doesn't love Naruto especially after proclaiming she is going to be with him no matter what?

-Naruto has shown no interest in Hinata. Not to bash her, but Kishimoto has made no attempt to make Naruto love Hinata. If this were really true, if he loved her, Naruto would be as conflicted as Sakura is right now. He isn't. He knows he loves Sakura.

*Same with Sakura and Sasuke. Why isn't she with him now if she has this undying love for him that people claim? Because she really doesn't. She is opening her eyes to the truth that what she thought was nothing more than an illusion created by her supposed "wants." Then we got Sasuke trying to kill Sakura twice. Plus with Sakura the one having the conflict, it allows to free up Naruto's story for more important topics like moral standing. You know how frustrating it would be is Kishi made both Sakura AND Naruto with love-conflictions? Usually this is reserved for manga based solely around harems to which Naruto is not that kind of manga.

-Development Development Development. Any main coupling in any manga or story has to have development. You don't just make an unrequited love automatically become a couple at the drop of a hat. We have had tons of NarutoxSakura moments. Not just romantic ones, but natural moments from just talking to helping each other out and even having happy time together with some funny results. Any moments like these with Naruto and Hinata? No. They barely talk to each other. Sakura and Sasuke? Maybe in Part 1, but it wasn't happy good moments and then Sasuke left and they haven't had a "moment" until several hundred chapters later.

I know what you're saying, "James; you sexy handsome magnificent b*stard you, if these are true then why hasn't NaruSaku became canon yet and the confession was seen as a travesty?" Simple, my fellow chums. It is the same reason why Sasuke hasn't attacked Konoha yet, it is all about timing. Good timing is everything. It also makes one hell of a story. If Naruto and Sakura got together right at the confession, then the war would have caused some major problems for both Naruto and Sakura and for the plot. Isn't it convenient that Sakura is still "looking for answers" even though there is enough evidence to show Sakura that Sasuke is just not a good man? Hell, I have seen successful couples become canon off of lesser reasons.

If NaruSaku became canon in the beginning, then it is boring or it would spell bad news for the couple by the end. Would you rather have it happen upfront and then have bad stuff happen along the way OR would you rather have a long development with twist and turns to show off the real characters and they end up happily ever after in the end?

It's also the reason why some superheroes don't get into relationships until so far into the comic. As soon as that element is added, the game changes. This is why some comics rebooted the franchise or retconed some stories where the relationship didn't happen or restarted with memory loss. The best part is not the happy ending, the best parts are the stuff leading up to it.

It's all about the happy ending. The hero saves the day, gets the girl, becomes the hero of the people and lives happily ever after. That's why NaruSaku hasn't happened yet and why it won't happen until the end. It's not that Sakura is having second thoughts or that Naruto thinks she is a liar. He is just putting it all off until the final shebang.

"Life is a journey, not a destination"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

With that being said, I can safely say that being gone doesn't change anything really. I am not even expecting a NaruSaku moment simply because Kishi is still going to side-step it for the perfect timing. I do expect Sakura to show some growth on a personal level though. The main focus right now is on Obito and his development. When we get back to the real fight, then maybe Sakura will show up. Then we will cut to Sasuke who will take up the rest of the year to explain what he is doing and 2013 is the final year for Naruto with the ending being in that year. That's how I foresee it

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 15 2012, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
  2. and to add to the superiority complex he also suffers from a inferiority complex, and having to resort to something as low as that in order to beat Naruto would be a big blow to his ego
  3. Sasuke really doesn't need to do anything Naruto is already prepared to go all out against him

I find this interesting, but want to put up a rebuttal in saying that Sasuke is perfectly capable of doing such things and has even used this stuff before.

Remember how he used Karin? When Danzou took her hostage, this didn't even phase Sasuke and he had no problem using her to get what he wanted. So while he does have pride, this might be the reason why he plays dirty. He is also perfectly okay with stabbing people in the back when he needs to. As prideful as he is, what would be the bigger threat to his ego? Using cheap methods or losing to Naruto who he saw as an inferior fool?

Naruto is prepared to go all out, but Sasuke still thinks he is the superior being. For this reason, I believe he would use those tactics if desperate.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 15 October 2012 - 11:15 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 15 2012, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How the hell would Sakura know what Itachi said, she doesn't even know that he never truly betrayed Konoha, for that matter she doesn't even know who his parents are.

No need to be so rude, it was obviously a typo. I meant Naruto.
I really don't think that Obito and Madara will fall back if the army gets there because if the Conservation of Ninjutsu trope is in effect (and it has been so far) then that just means that the Shinobi Alliance has become a Red Shirt Army

More like Madara would want a chance to adequately touch base with Obito (because of all the changes to whatever plan they had in motion before) and change the plan accordingly, preferably not in front of the army; also, if Obito wanted Naruto and Sasuke to fight each other, he can't exactly kill him here, can he? Unless that desire is being completely discarded now, which is possible.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#12 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 15 2012, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kishimoto has shown multiple times that the romantic angle is a weak spot for ninjas, and one that opponents have no trouble exploiting. Be it with Yahiko and Konan or, as James pointed out, Sasuke and Karin. (Where Sasuke used Karin's loyalty to his own ends.)

But there is also the example of Mito Hashirama, Konoha's first Jinchurriki. She must have been a woman of considerable skill and courage to seal the kyuubi in herself, on the battlefield, and survive. Let me repeat that: She had to have enough knowledge to know how to seal a full-powered kyuubi (not the half-chakra'd one that resides in Naruto), enough strength and chakra control to hold it in, and enough courage to do it in a battle situation when the original Madara was controlling it. And not only did she have to seal it in, but she had to survive too! And that was never a guaranteed thing!

Now then, knowledge, strength, chakra control and courage.... Sound like anyone we know? I think there's a fair chance that Sakura's development may involve saving Naruto's life by containing the kyuubi if it's somehow turned against him.

#13 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Oct 15 2012, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More like Madara would want a chance to adequately touch base with Obito (because of all the changes to whatever plan they had in motion before) and change the plan accordingly, preferably not in front of the army; also, if Obito wanted Naruto and Sasuke to fight each other, he can't exactly kill him here, can he? Unless that desire is being completely discarded now, which is possible.

Would you mind explaining?? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

On topic, well I'm not expecting much considering Kishi has failed me many times before, so I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#14 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Oct 15 2012, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not worried about Sakura not being in the manga in 8 months. If you think about it, none of the konoha 11 have been in the manga for 8 months and I already gave a theory on why this doesn't bother me. I'll post it here in case people want to read it.

Yamato even longer than that.

This:
I thought of a crazy conspiracy theory if anyone would like to listen and to use the same logic on why I think Sasuke is a terrible villain. You can read I think it was in the 600 - 603 chapter threads.

Anyway, in a nutshell the reason why I feel Sasuke is a bad villain: He is driven by the plot. This is some what Kishi's fault in that he kind of gotten carried away with his plot of Obito and Madara. Because of this, and because the final battle of the manga has to be between Sasuke and Naruto, Sasuke is stuck doing these side adventures until there is time for Naruto to fight him. Right now, Naruto is fighting in a war. Sasuke could easily go and destroy the Konoha village right now while all the soldiers are at war. He could even cause a bigger ruckus by doing this by waiting til Naruto and the rest get back and see this destruction. Sort of like what Nagato did. (Which is why it made this battle epic. What happens when the hero is just a few seconds too late.) Why doesn't he do this? Cause Kishimoto is stalling for a good moment. Too many other plot elements are getting in the way at the moment. See he has Sasuke "looking" for answers he doesn't really need or other villains have done more on less.

Now before we apply this logic to NaruSaku let's look at facts first:

-Naruto and Sakura both love each other. We can argue Sakura's feelings, but come on. Too much development to deny it. We say this to the NaruHina fans all the time. How can we say she doesn't love Naruto especially after proclaiming she is going to be with him no matter what?

-Naruto has shown no interest in Hinata. Not to bash her, but Kishimoto has made no attempt to make Naruto love Hinata. If this were really true, if he loved her, Naruto would be as conflicted as Sakura is right now. He isn't. He knows he loves Sakura.

*Same with Sakura and Sasuke. Why isn't she with him now if she has this undying love for him that people claim? Because she really doesn't. She is opening her eyes to the truth that what she thought was nothing more than an illusion created by her supposed "wants." Then we got Sasuke trying to kill Sakura twice. Plus with Sakura the one having the conflict, it allows to free up Naruto's story for more important topics like moral standing. You know how frustrating it would be is Kishi made both Sakura AND Naruto with love-conflictions? Usually this is reserved for manga based solely around harems to which Naruto is not that kind of manga.

-Development Development Development. Any main coupling in any manga or story has to have development. You don't just make an unrequited love automatically become a couple at the drop of a hat. We have had tons of NarutoxSakura moments. Not just romantic ones, but natural moments from just talking to helping each other out and even having happy time together with some funny results. Any moments like these with Naruto and Hinata? No. They barely talk to each other. Sakura and Sasuke? Maybe in Part 1, but it wasn't happy good moments and then Sasuke left and they haven't had a "moment" until several hundred chapters later.

I know what you're saying, "James; you sexy handsome magnificent b*stard you, if these are true then why hasn't NaruSaku became canon yet and the confession was seen as a travesty?" Simple, my fellow chums. It is the same reason why Sasuke hasn't attacked Konoha yet, it is all about timing. Good timing is everything. It also makes one hell of a story. If Naruto and Sakura got together right at the confession, then the war would have caused some major problems for both Naruto and Sakura and for the plot. Isn't it convenient that Sakura is still "looking for answers" even though there is enough evidence to show Sakura that Sasuke is just not a good man? Hell, I have seen successful couples become canon off of lesser reasons.

If NaruSaku became canon in the beginning, then it is boring or it would spell bad news for the couple by the end. Would you rather have it happen upfront and then have bad stuff happen along the way OR would you rather have a long development with twist and turns to show off the real characters and they end up happily ever after in the end?

It's also the reason why some superheroes don't get into relationships until so far into the comic. As soon as that element is added, the game changes. This is why some comics rebooted the franchise or retconed some stories where the relationship didn't happen or restarted with memory loss. The best part is not the happy ending, the best parts are the stuff leading up to it.

It's all about the happy ending. The hero saves the day, gets the girl, becomes the hero of the people and lives happily ever after. That's why NaruSaku hasn't happened yet and why it won't happen until the end. It's not that Sakura is having second thoughts or that Naruto thinks she is a liar. He is just putting it all off until the final shebang.

"Life is a journey, not a destination"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

With that being said, I can safely say that being gone doesn't change anything really. I am not even expecting a NaruSaku moment simply because Kishi is still going to side-step it for the perfect timing. I do expect Sakura to show some growth on a personal level though. The main focus right now is on Obito and his development. When we get back to the real fight, then maybe Sakura will show up. Then we will cut to Sasuke who will take up the rest of the year to explain what he is doing and 2013 is the final year for Naruto with the ending being in that year. That's how I foresee it

I find this interesting, but want to put up a rebuttal in saying that Sasuke is perfectly capable of doing such things and has even used this stuff before.

Remember how he used Karin? When Danzou took her hostage, this didn't even phase Sasuke and he had no problem using her to get what he wanted. So while he does have pride, this might be the reason why he plays dirty. He is also perfectly okay with stabbing people in the back when he needs to. As prideful as he is, what would be the bigger threat to his ego? Using cheap methods or losing to Naruto who he saw as an inferior fool?

Naruto is prepared to go all out, but Sasuke still thinks he is the superior being. For this reason, I believe he would use those tactics if desperate.

James; you sexy handsome magnificent b*stard you. Well done.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#15 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Oct 15 2012, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishimoto has shown multiple times that the romantic angle is a weak spot for ninjas, and one that opponents have no trouble exploiting. Be it with Yahiko and Konan or, as James pointed out, Sasuke and Karin. (Where Sasuke used Karin's loyalty to his own ends.)

But there is also the example of Mito Hashirama, Konoha's first Jinchurriki. She must have been a woman of considerable skill and courage to seal the kyuubi in herself, on the battlefield, and survive. Let me repeat that: She had to have enough knowledge to know how to seal a full-powered kyuubi (not the half-chakra'd one that resides in Naruto), enough strength and chakra control to hold it in, and enough courage to do it in a battle situation when the original Madara was controlling it. And not only did she have to seal it in, but she had to survive too! And that was never a guaranteed thing!

Now then, knowledge, strength, chakra control and courage.... Sound like anyone we know? I think there's a fair chance that Sakura's development may involve saving Naruto's life by containing the kyuubi if it's somehow turned against him.

Do you mean that maybe Madara could start manipulating Kurama from within Naruto and that will cause him to start loosing control? I guess I could see that. Considering that Naruto and Kurama are now BFFs that would be the only way for that scenario to happen.

It would be interesting to see Sakura try and calm Naruto down with her chakra control, although the odds are too low considering that Yamato is the only one able to do it. Sakura wanted to learn how, but Yamato told her it was impossible since she didn't have wood release. Well, the world is full of surprises so maybe Sakura could improvise and make up some alternative method. happy.gif

I have wondered on the possibility of Mito being present during the battle of Hashirama and Madara, maybe even fighting along side Hashirama, and then taking the opportunity of sealing the Kurama in her while Hashirama restrained him. The thing it that there's been no official confirmation of any of this. It's known that Mito sealed Kurama in her after Hashirama took control of it, but the when and where has never been specified.

But if my theory is correct the Mito was also present at that battle it would be interesting if in the case that Sakura was able to fight by Naruto's side against Madara that he would flashback to all those years ago when Hashirama and Mito teamed up to take Kurama away from him therefore giving them the chance to take Madara down.

In all honesty, whatever the case, if think I want to see a Madara flashback of the time when he fought Hashirama. I want to see how that battle went down and how Hashirama was able to overpower Madara.

#16 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Oct 15 2012, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Using the incident with Danzo is a little iffy at best because at the time Sasuke was not exactly the picture of sanity and while he is still crackers he's got it together for the most part. Another thing to note about it is that Sasuke didn't go out of his way to stab Karin he stabbed her because to him she was in his way, to threaten Sakura he would have to go out of his way to do so.

Also Sasuke has confirmed that he is honoring his word not to harm anyone from Konoha until after he defeats Naruto as seen when he interrogated those Zetsu back in Chapter 574 (I think that's the chapter), and that was before his therapy session with Itachi

QUOTE (Paptala @ Oct 15 2012, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No need to be so rude, it was obviously a typo. I meant Naruto.

Sorry about that I didn't mean for it to be rude and I could have worded it better, again sorry.

They might not be able to do that because Obito has already started summoning the Ten-Tails and it they might not be able to stop it now after all if they could wouldn't Madara have told Obito to stop it while he took care of Naruto and the others, after all no one knows Kurama's strength better then Madara plus he has Gyuki and B to deal with, and while arrogant the Moon's Eye Plan is vary important to him, and anyone with a brain would think that there might be a chance that he wouldn't be able to defeat both of them in time.

QUOTE (tricksie @ Oct 15 2012, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes but also Kishi has shown that with Naruto that is a big mistake, just ask Gaara

Also for the Yahiko and Konan example, who was it who was trying to exploit it, Danzo, and in case haven't been paying attention since his introduction, Danzo is a sadistic a**hole and that is something that is totally within his character to do.

And about Sasuke and Karin, I think I covered that in my response to James.

As of right now we have no evidence that Mito actually took part in the battle, after all we do know that Hashirama was capable of controlling the tailed beast, it was said that at one point Hashirama had control of multiple tailed beast at the same time, so it isn't that hard to imagine that he could have wrestled control of Kurama away from Madara and then restrained it like how Yamato was able to restrain Naruto when he went into he four-tails transformation, and Mito sealed Kurama inside her after the battle was over because Hashirama was having trouble keeping him under control.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#17 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 15 2012, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Using the incident with Danzo is a little iffy at best because at the time Sasuke was not exactly the picture of sanity and while he is still crackers he's got it together for the most part. Another thing to note about it is that Sasuke didn't go out of his way to stab Karin he stabbed her because to him she was in his way, to threaten Sakura he would have to go out of his way to do so.

Also Sasuke has confirmed that he is honoring his word not to harm anyone from Konoha until after he defeats Naruto as seen when he interrogated those Zetsu back in Chapter 574 (I think that's the chapter), and that was before his therapy session with Itachi

So basically what you are saying is is it all depends on Sasuke's insanity. Is he going to be completely insane or just "evil enough." See that's what I am talking about. Sasuke once again fails to live up to standards to being a villain which is why this fight is going to be boring. I expect villains to throw dirty punches, take advantage of the situations, and so on and so forth.

I am also pretty sure Sasuke didn't go out of his way to not hurt Karin either even though he probably could have quite easily.

"Honoring his word?" Yeah Sasuke says a lot of things and seems to take back others. You really trust Sasuke that much seeing how he can snap quite easily with little provocation? So sure, he will "honor his word" for a the time being, but like I said what if he is losing and he needs to use a trump card? The best thing about villains is you can trust them to be dishonest. Sasuke's pride can even fall on the lines where if he feels he is losing, he could use dirty tricks and break his word. Like I said what's worse on the pride? Doing underhanded tricks or losing to someone who you think is a pathetic fool? Just because a character says he will keep his word doesn't mean he will. Frieza said he would fight Goku without using his arms....until Goku started kicking his ass then he just said "screw it."

It's always funny how Itachi lies, Obito lies, Madara lies, but Sasuke has to be telling the truth.

Orlando Bloom: "You cheated"
Jack Sparrow: "Pirate."
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#18 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Oct 15 2012, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you mind explaining?? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

From what I understood, Madara and Obito made some sort of plan before Madara died (see the conversation between Kabuto and Madara). Things have obviously changed (since it wasn't through Nagato that they ended up reviving Madara, but through Edo Tensei - he obviously has different abilities now that he was brought back this way, and Obito has kind of been doing his own thing, especially with the fact that he went ahead and started summoning the Juubi - though an incomplete version.

Given that things have changed since they made their plan, it seems logical that Madara would want to get updated on what the sitation is currently, and accordingly modify whatever plan he and Obito originally had.

Also, Madara told Naruto at the summit before Sakura confessed that he was going to make Naruto fight Sasuke, that they were fated to fight and all that. Thus, if they capture Naruto and extract the nine tails now, there obviously won't be any fight between Naruto and Sasuke - so I imagine that Obito would want the two to fight it out (seemingly to prove the superiority of the Uchiha over the Senju line) before getting what they need from him and killing him.

Though given that he was forced to summon an incomplete Juubi, Obito may not care about that anymore. Hard to say, as it hasn't been mentioned since and there really doesn't seem to be any reason for him to want them to fight at this point except for pride.
QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 15 2012, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry about that I didn't mean for it to be rude and I could have worded it better, again sorry.

Not a big deal, thank you for apologizing. happy.gif
They might not be able to do that because Obito has already started summoning the Ten-Tails and it they might not be able to stop it now after all if they could wouldn't Madara have told Obito to stop it while he took care of Naruto and the others, after all no one knows Kurama's strength better then Madara plus he has Gyuki and B to deal with, and while arrogant the Moon's Eye Plan is vary important to him, and anyone with a brain would think that there might be a chance that he wouldn't be able to defeat both of them in time.

That's a good point (the fact that they started summoning Juubi already). So does this mean that Naruto and Bee are no longer targets I wonder?

If Juubi can't be "put back", if the summoning can't be stopped once its started, or if the power of the Juubi cannot be added to once its summoned then there would no need to extract the Hachibi and Kyuubi anymore - unless Madara just wants them separately to use as he was using the other bijuu.

If they're not retreating, then this would have to be the definitive battle with Madara and Obito then - leaving just the fight with Sasuke (and whatever is going to happen to Orochimaru).

There's still quite a few possibilities on the battlefield with Sakura once she shows up if that's the case, mainly because of her similarity to Rim, imo, and the fact that Kishi promised us he would show her being more heroine like (though again, that could have been referring to her figuring out Zetsu's secret, who knows?). So if we're really lucky, we'll get both Sakura having a large part in the actual battle itself, and a Naruto and Sakura moment. maybe not very likely, but I can hope tongue.gif

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. I believe at the very most, that Sasuke wouldn't hesitate to hurt Sakura if she got in between Naruto and Sasuke (like she almost did in their first serious battle on the hospital rooftop), but I don't think that he would specifically target her to get to Naruto.

Edited by Paptala, 15 October 2012 - 07:58 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#19 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Oct 15 2012, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So basically what you are saying is is it all depends on Sasuke's insanity. Is he going to be completely insane or just "evil enough." See that's what I am talking about. Sasuke once again fails to live up to standards to being a villain which is why this fight is going to be boring. I expect villains to throw dirty punches, take advantage of the situations, and so on and so forth.

"Honoring his word?" Yeah Sasuke says a lot of things and seems to take back others. You really trust Sasuke that much seeing how he can snap quite easily with little provocation? So sure, he will "honor his word" for a the time being, but like I said what if he is losing and he needs to use a trump card? The best thing about villains is you can trust them to be dishonest. Sasuke's pride can even fall on the lines where if he feels he is losing, he could use dirty tricks and break his word. Like I said what's worse on the pride? Doing underhanded tricks or losing to someone who you think is a pathetic fool? Just because a character says he will keep his word doesn't mean he will. Frieza said he would fight Goku without using his arms....until Goku started kicking his ass then he just said "screw it."

It's always funny how Itachi lies, Obito lies, Madara lies, but Sasuke has to be telling the truth.

Orlando Bloom: "You cheated"
Jack Sparrow: "Pirate."

Did Nagato resort to any dirty tricks during the invasion of Pain? No, he didn't threaten to kill those still alive in the village, he didn't drag
anyone into the fight, he just kept using psychological warfare, so was Naruto's fight against Pain boring to you?

Anyway I'm not saying that he absolutely wouldn't do it I'm just saying that based the way he is acting now it doesn't like something he would do, remember when Sasuke fought Danzo, he was in a psychotic revenge filled rage brought on by Obito telling him the truth about Itachi and as we were shown back in the Sai and Sasuke arc that Naruto is capable of cruel acts when he said that he willingly succumbed to Kurama's influence in order to kill Orochimaru both before and after that incident it seemed like something that Naruto would never do

One of the main reason why I don't think Sasuke is going to do any dirty tricks is that I think that the Naruto-Sasuke fight will be like the Naruto-Pain fight where everyone leaves it to Naruto and just watches from a safe distance so as to not get in their way.

Oh and one last thing and forgive me if I'm being dense but when was it that Madara lied and what was it about?

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#20 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 15 2012, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Nagato resort to any dirty tricks during the invasion of Pain? No, he didn't threaten to kill those still alive in the village, he didn't drag
anyone into the fight, he just kept using psychological warfare, so was Naruto's fight against Pain boring to you?

Anyway I'm not saying that he absolutely wouldn't do it I'm just saying that based the way he is acting now it doesn't like something he would do, remember when Sasuke fought Danzo, he was in a psychotic revenge filled rage brought on by Obito telling him the truth about Itachi and as we were shown back in the Sai and Sasuke arc that Naruto is capable of cruel acts when he said that he willingly succumbed to Kurama's influence in order to kill Orochimaru both before and after that incident it seemed like something that Naruto would never do

One of the main reason why I don't think Sasuke is going to do any dirty tricks is that I think that the Naruto-Sasuke fight will be like the Naruto-Pain fight where everyone leaves it to Naruto and just watches from a safe distance so as to not get in their way.

Oh and one last thing and forgive me if I'm being dense but when was it that Madara lied and what was it about?

i think thought its not shown yet madara is surely messing with obito in the flash back you will thank me and youl mean it this time hmmmmm. tongue.gif dont trust you oldman tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users