#81 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

"Hmm..." Balian ran a hand through his hair as he examined the cell. "Man, they haven't changed the cells much." He knelt down to look at the screws, "I once had to break out of one of these cells in one o' them frontier strongholds. An Elvaan contingent overwhelmed us and put us all in our own cells." He snorted, "Biggest mistake ever made." He shrugged and sat down on the bench and closed his eyes. 'Nothin' to do but wait.' was his last thought before falling into a nap.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 04 December 2011 - 02:13 AM.

#82 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:26 AM

Looking back down at the ground Zerva started speaking.

"Yeah when I was still in the army before I left I was sometimes put as a jail keeper for prisoners of war, but I hated the job." he finished.

Looking back up to her he laughed. "Sorry you probably didn't want to hear about my past."

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#83 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

"War eh? I never did learn much about hume-kind history. Was it a simple turf-struggle, or a resource war?"

#84 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:30 AM

Murs waltzed into the cell taking his seat on the bench. He leaned back against the wall and spread his feet out in front of him getting comfortable.

"Ohhh Mister Elite Inquisitor~, don't you think you could get us a cell with a cot?" he complained in a sing song voice, although he had been in the cells before he was never very found of them. Some criminals he knew enjoyed their time in the jails. He listened to the conversations around him and sighed, closing his eyes he shifted his body trying to get comfortable on the hard surface.

JLHza2T.png

#85 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:27 AM

Skadi moves from where she stands behind Julien and gives a coy wave at the jailor. "Einfeld! Been a long time." She approaches, moving silently as always, and places one hand on the guard's arm. It looks like a simple, friendly gesture. With that hand she gently nudges him to face away from the cell, still talking. "... Just got back a couple weeks ago, didn't think I'd see this place again so soon."

"... You're a housecarl now?" The jailor gives her a blank stare, and Skadi shrugs. "Coin is coin, my friend. Speaking of which, you still owe me that drink."

Einfeld sighs and frowns a little, looking away for a moment. "I know, I know. Sometime this week, okay?"

She grins at him. "Alright! See you in a week." Skadi walks past him, deft fingers pocketing the jailcell key, as well as the sizeable coinpurse he carried. "Julien wants to speak with you, Einfeld, and you know how impatient he can get."

Before she can gesture in the Inquisitor's direction, Einfeld hurries over, none the wiser about his missing possessions.

#86 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. >:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:35 AM

Julien stood against the wall waiting for Einfeld to make his way over. As he approached Julien, he saluted. "Sir!"

"I have very special guests here tonight, and I do not want to be disturbed." Julien told him sternly.

"Aye, yessir!" the jailer replied.

"...You're dismissed for the night." Julien handed him a small bag of coin, and waved him away.

"YES SIR!" he shouted, and then made himself scarce.

Julien rolled his eyes and turned away from the man and walked toward those on the other end of the room.

"Alright, now with him out of the way, the entrance to the Catacombs should be in here somewhere. Everyone spread out and look for a knob, or notch, switch, anything that may be a door."

He then turned away and started searching one of the smaller cells.

Edited by ForgottenBushido, 04 December 2011 - 04:37 AM.

#87 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:42 AM

She figures it'd be a good idea if their ragtag crew of misfits were no longer masquerading as prisoners, so Skadi unlocks everyone's cuffs and hand them their weapons once they get their bearing. She even gives back the swords to the possibly crazy moogle!

Skadi considers herself a good person. Sometimes.

With that thought in mind, she heads to the opposite end of the hall, starting her search there.

#88 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:43 AM

Ragnarok started checking the wall for any bricks that might move. He came upon an oddly discolored one that looked older than the others. He pressed it, and it gave into his hand. Suddenly, the bricks next to the button turned in a 90 degree angle, to show two doorways.

"Guys... I think I found something..."

#89 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:45 AM

Murs opened his eyes and sat up as soon as the guard was out of the room. As Skadi came around the room with the keys he politely declined.

"It'll be good practice." He pushed his thumbs inward on the brink of snapping them and then pulled his hands out of the cuffs. As soon as he got them out he shook his hands around in the air hopping from foot to foot.

"Damn, gets easier everytime." He soon stopped fussing over his hands and began looking for what was described.

"Did I miss something or am I not the only one who has no idea why we're going to the catacombs?".

Edited by Muffins?, 04 December 2011 - 04:51 AM.

JLHza2T.png

#90 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:09 AM

As Skadi handed Zerva his scythe he thanks her with a nod.

Stretching his legs as he stood he turned hearing Ragnarok.

"What'cha find?" He asked gesturing for Twill to follow him.

#91 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

Slinging her weapon back on her shoulders, Twill examined the two doorways that had been revealed.

“It’s going to be a tight fit. Do you think these doors were constructed by moogle-kind?”

#92 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. >:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:38 AM

"What is it? Has someone found something?"

Julien gets up from where he was looking on the floor and makes his way over to where the others have gathered.

"Hmm, Interesting. What do you think Skadi?"

#93 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

Skadi tilts her head, examining the opening with narrowed eyes. It was small, yes, but if they were careful, everyone could fit through.

"Well, there's only one way to find out!" She smirks a little, her expression confident. "Shall we take a look?"

#94 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:54 AM

"Hmmm."

Julien paused for a moment to think.

"Ragnarok."

"I want you to go in and scout it out, and report back to us. But be quick about it, time is of the essence."

#95 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:06 AM

Meanwhile, Balian snores ahead, unaware of everyone else's search for the catacombs entrance.

He snorted and mumbled before going back to snoring.

#96 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

"Roger, but Moogles have never occupied this part of the world." Ragnarok stated, matter-of-factly, "The entrance was more likely made by dwarves." He walked into the catacombs, holding up his fire sword as if it were a torch.

"Use me as a torch why don't you..." Muspel said.

"Shut up, you're lucky I haven't traded you in for Hel yet." Ragnarok grunted at his sword. He looked around, but all he saw was a seemingly endless hallway. "Looks like I'd better get walking." He ventured further into the catacombs, until he found what appeared to be a door. It had what looked like a dragon carved into it, holding out its hand as if there was something in it. He yelled to the others, "I found another door! It looks like it needs a key, probably an orb of some sort!" He looked under the carving, and saw writing etched into the door. He read aloud,

"Those who pass beyond this door,
will live to see, never-more."

#97 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:37 AM

Looking into the catacombs when Ragnarok yelled that they needed a key he thought to himself.

"Now if only I could fit in there I might be able to pick the lock." He said to himself.

Turning to the other's in the group he asked what he thought might have been what everyone else was thinking.

Tilting his hat up a little so his grey eyes shown he asked "So guys, How are we going to get through that door?"

#98 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

"Why don't we at least take a look at the door. Maybe there will be a clue," she suggested.

Twill crouched to maneuver herself through the tunnel. The ceiling was short, so she had to half walk, have crawl through. For support, she placed her palms against the opposite sides of the tunnel, feeling along the damp walls to balance herself.

She was halfway down the tunnel when she felt both of her palms sink as a block on each side shifted ever so slightly. There was a faint click of a mechanism, the only warning as the floor disappeared beneath her. Her mouth opened, but all sound was stolen as she plummeted. No, it wasn't simply a fall. Faintly, she became aware that she was on a shoot of some sort, and it was this that propelled her. Reaching out, she tried to find purchase, something to grab, anything to slow her momentum, but found only smooth walls that would rub her palms raw if she continued doing so.

Eventually - she wasn't really sure how long she had been falling - she thought she might be slowing, the shoot leveling out. The darkness seemed suddenly less intense and she found herself being spat out of the tunnel into some large room. She rolled, feeling disoriented and rubbing her tailbone.

"What..." she muttered, forcing herself to stand, grateful nothing seemed to be broken. Quickly she looked up to the side of the wall where she knew the shoot had been to find only solid stone once more.

"Well that's just great," she said wryly.

#99 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

"And that's what happens when you send a hume-kind to do a moogle-kind's work." Ragnarok sighed. "How's the weather down there?" he yelled sarcastically into the booby-trap.

#100 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:08 AM

"I don't like the sound of this."

He said as he looked at Skadi.

"We're running out of time. It'll be morning soon."

"...and questions will need answers."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users