LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:29 PM

Also I'm gonna be in the minority here, but I thought it was good... However it did have it's serious problems as well with Orochimaru and "Log"...  but okay so we find out about how Mitsutski was created, but my thing is why Orchimaru wanted to do this?  I mean I guess in the chapter it talks about him wanting a child and that's why he created a synthetic human which is pretty messed up as Orochimaru is.. Also the final pages when you see Boruto my immeadite reaction was oh lord not this again don't tell me don't tell me that's where we're going back to....  I mean we know Kishi isn't writing or drawing the Boruto monthly series, so I'll give the first chapter a chance. 

I know many of the hardcore Naruto fans are gonna be like YO THIS WAS HYPE, but me I was well it was good, but nothing really out of this world because that defintion belongs to the greatness that is Tokyo Ghoul.  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 21 April 2016 - 11:29 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#842 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:35 PM

I didnt think it was that bad either despite creating more questions than answers. I think Kishi wanted to avoid a total rehash which is why Orochimaru seems more interested in Boruto than Sarada like we were all expecting.

#843 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:57 PM

It's on Mangastream 

Ok. Doing the review i promised. Title page is nice. It has orochimaru and mitsuki surrounded by snakes. With the phrase geing about how he follows orochimaru path. I haven't read anyone else thoughts on it yet.

50 pages!? How much of that is just fan art?!

So the story starts in orochimaru base with him giving his son some medicine while suigetsu watches. orochimaru mention that this is the sixth time. Mitsuki can't remember? So Suigetsu tell him he was on a mission with orochimaru got wounded and was brought back to the base. Orochimaru has a bigger lab then i remember from the gaiden. Suigetsu attack him to test out his skills he can do the limb stretching. Oh he had his memories erased. They have holograms now!?! He lost against a person who can steal memories called "Log". Orocvchimaru so far is a better parent then either Naruto and Sasuke he even is concerned and takes pride in his brat. Hell the fact that he pay attention to him already makes him better then those two. Is orochimaru possessing a young woman cause his face is much more feminine then in Naruto even later chapters? Oh Mitsuki can use the power of the sage. Toneri is log... "wait he was created long before you?" Oh he not toneri he an older version of mitsuki. They are synthetic human and i guess mitsuki is the sixth one. They shock him making try choose between one or the other and then he activates his sage mode. Oh it was all an act apparently to make it activate. Wait is mitsuki the sixth child or is this the sixth attempt and doing this little show? Oh he wants mitsuki to find his "sun" in Bolt.

It wasn't bad but i can't tell if that was toneri or just another one of orochimaru creations. And it really setting him up to go on a mission to become friends with bolt!?

So his plot in bolt will revolve around getting close to Bolt? So he can become orochimaru perfect creation? I'm guessing? So this is this is basically just to set up the SNS clone MitsukixBoruto.

#844 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:00 AM

Literally this one shot is just to set up BM just like the chibi stuff is setting up BS. So basically, they are doing clones of both NS and SNS parings to try and keep this series afloat. OK.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 April 2016 - 12:01 AM.

#845 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:07 AM

I thought it was pretty bad to be honest. It was twist city left and right. First Orochimaru is the good guy, than he is the bad guy, than he is the middle guy, and ultimately he is now the Minato who places the boy with the locked power in konoha to act as the "Light which will lead the world." It just doesn't make sense for his character. We know he still is stealing bodies to prolong his life and yet now he's trying to save the world??? It makes no sense. Orochimaru if he wanted to be redeemed should have chosen death to resemble his acceptance of his own mortality. Instead he is still running away and honestly after we saw the number of bodies he stole he is irredeemable. It ruins him as a character. And there is no way possible that I believe that Orochimaru cares for his "children." Once again here is the real Orochimaru:

naruto-5647.jpg

naruto-1568917.jpg

Mitsuki is ok but man did they make him OP now. He has sage mode and can stand toe to toe with Suigetsu. He's already Jonin level. In fact this chapter pretty much placed him in the role of Sasuke this time around. Actually he feels like a mix between Sasuke and Naruto as if he is going to be the real main character. This reminds me of how while Naruto was supposed to be the main character, the character with the most focus throughout the story was Sasuke. They set up Boruto as someone who will support Mitsuki, not the other way around.

The villain was bad imo. I know it's a oneshot but even his major power though interesting is pointless. It was already established that genjutu could be used to alter, erase, and implant memories on ppl. Why do they need to use medicine and special powers? It's genjutsu.

But the largest plothole I noticed was this whole "Darkness is coming" gimmick. Did they forget the entire series? Did they forget that Naruto supposedly ended the cycle of hate?

And this leads into my main issue and the clear truth about what guides the series going forward: No one cares about the source material and original Story anymore

They don't care that Orochimaru only ever cared for himself and stole peoples bodies. They don't care about how the villains used to be varied true characters with motivations. They don't care about Naruto's promise to his own father to end the cycle of hate (As dumb as that was), they don't care about the promise of a lifetime and Naruto and Sakura's true feelings. But worst of all they don't care about the source material anymore. No one cares.

Edited by Shadow1275, 22 April 2016 - 12:10 AM.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#846 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:14 AM

It wasn't bad but it felt like it was just there. Nothing really came out of it. I felt like 50 pages weren't needed especially many of them feel like Bleach.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 22 April 2016 - 12:17 AM.

#847 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:31 AM

Shadow. They maybe trying some outside threat like those villains from the movie. Still stupid because again the conflict in Naruto was the corruption in the ninja system. A sequel is suppose to be a continuation of a story. So in theory Bolt and Salad fight should continue with the fight against corruption in the ninja system or the dumb down hatred thing. Being outside of the ninja would drail the focus and disconnect us with what the conflict is with in the ninja world. Is it corruption/hatred or it it aliens? 

Both mitsuki and salad come of as overpower and more interesting then bolt. Honestly can anyone really describe his personality other then he is a brat who has daddy issues?

Also of course no one cares. kishi wants to be done with this series and move on to something else. But Bolt looks dead on arrival so they need to fix that fast. The only way is to go back and find out what fans liked about Naruto before the ending hit. Since they only care about the pairings now. That led to trying to make NS and SNS clones in hopes that will bring the fans back.

Lucky. The thing is that Naruto was the focus for part one and the first half of part two. It really wasn't till the hunt for itachi arc where it basically started to revolve around Sasuke slowly from them on. So far they have gone out of their way to make sure bolt was never the focus of any of the: novels one shots spin off gaiden or even his own movie so far.

OK I gotta ask this to everyone. We have had over half a dozen oneshot and novels, a 10 chapter gaiden, and a movie O.K... WHAT IS THE PLOT THEY ARE TRYING TO SET UP?!?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 April 2016 - 12:56 AM.

#848 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:39 AM

Ya know my girlfriend read the one shot and she had the same opinions I did in saying "It was good, but had a lot of problems." and then she asked me a question,  "If this makes Mitsuki really interesting amongst the fans." What are the chances that this Boruto series will have Boruto as the main character, but the central focus will be on Mitsuki like the original series did with Naruto as the main character, but the focus is all Sasuke?  

We both know that this new series will be written by a new writer, but it is a food for thought question. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 22 April 2016 - 12:39 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#849 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:51 AM

Depends on who will end up being the most popular between the two? Mitsuki is the most interesting out of the two due the the air of mystery still surrounding him, which will end up being a major plot point in the Boruto manga.

There is an obvious parallel between Bolt/Mitsuki and Naruto/Sasuke as Mitsuki is going to eventually struggle with his bond with his team and loyalty to Orochimaru

#850 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:52 AM

Mitsuki is sai, and sai is sasuke expy.
So another yaoi bait it seem.

Does it make salad as the sakura?

I always thought that this burito team look like neo team seven aka naruto, sakura, and sai.

Edited by rocci, 22 April 2016 - 12:53 AM.

#851 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:53 AM

That or just a missing gap that Kishi just failed to make out of it, especially the end of the chapter doesn't really make it a question but more of "job well done." In short, it's not intentional to make it a mystery but more of weak writing.

I can be wrong but it sure don't have anything to offer.

#852 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:57 AM

Reception seems to be positive on other sites such as Narutobase. People are already coming up with theories surrounding the other Mitsuki clones and Oro's motives.

Guess the oneshot accomplished it's goal and got people interested

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 22 April 2016 - 12:58 AM.

#853 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:59 AM

I'm not surprise actually.

#854 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:59 AM

Reception seems to be positive on other sites such as Narutobase. People are already coming up with theories surrounding the other Mitsuki clones and Oro's motives.

Seems mixed on NF. I always thought NB is too hardcore, so anything is perfect. Ok not really but even a normal chapter would be great.

#855 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:01 AM

That or just a missing gap that Kishi just failed to make out of it, especially the end of the chapter doesn't really make it a question but more of "job well done." In short, it's not intentional to make it a mystery but more of weak writing.

I can be wrong but it sure don't have anything to offer.

I think they are just keeping it vague because even they don't know what the bolt plot will be about. So making this vague air of the mysterious darkness that is coming to allows the clowns to basically set up anything.

This was ok but i have seen 7 new manga better than this this week alone. People have low standards of what is interesting and exciting.

#856 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:07 AM

It really don't come across that way. It feels rather an end. Basically, don't think much. Don't think we learn something that will change the course. Oddly enough, the ending almost remind me of a parody segment of couple of characters stop acting like they're cold and be all morality, only it was missing a gymnastic guy out of nowhere talking in English.

Anyway, that Boruto part is so forced.

#857 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:33 AM

Shadow. They maybe trying some outside threat like those villains from the movie. Still stupid because again the conflict in Naruto was the corruption in the ninja system. A sequel is suppose to be a continuation of a story. So in theory Bolt and Salad fight should continue with the fight against corruption in the ninja system or the dumb down hatred thing. Being outside of the ninja would drail the focus and disconnect us with what the conflict is with in the ninja world. Is it corruption/hatred or it it aliens? 

OK I gotta ask this to everyone. We have had over half a dozen oneshot and novels, a 10 chapter gaiden, and a movie O.K... WHAT IS THE PLOT THEY ARE TRYING TO SET UP?!?

I have to respectfully disagree and the bolded is exactly why. I just don't see this as a good chapter. It has too many inconsistencies and holes with it. When I talked about the villains I didn't mean that each one of them was sad in some sort of way and turned good. But they were complete and interesting characters. Hidan's motivations for example were that he just wanted to cause pain and chaos. But he was still a great villain.

I never bought that stupid cycle of hate garbage, but Minato essentially had Naruto promise him that he would end all conflict because conflict breeds hate which breeds more conflict destiny bad etc. etc. And the story committed to this idea with the peace and the shinobi alliance and all of the kages meeting and Naruto who believed in love defeating Sasuke who believed in strenght etc. etc. yay friendship.

So what happened to all of that? Are we just going to brush it to the side?

A better example of a similar scene would be Minato giving Naruto the fox spirit. It has the same motivations as Orochimaru's purpose of using Mitsuki to stop the darkness. Unlike this story Minato giving Naruto the 9 tails makes sense. While Minato is Naruto's father he is also hokage meaning that not only is he doing it to protect the village but also that Naruto is the only person he would really trust with its power. It also makes sense for Minato when he shows how much he cares by protecting Naruto from the ninetailed foxe's claw.

But in this gaiden scene, Orochimaru apparently now cares about the future of the ninja world and cares about his "son" who he apparently biologically created as a weapon to defeat the darkness that is coming even though hatred should be gone thanks to Naruto.

In both situations you have fathers who care for their sons but have to make hard decisions in order to counter a greater evil that is coming and protect a greater amount of people. So which one is more believable and better written?

I'm sorry, there are just too many plot holes for this to be considered good imo. I'm calling it right now, they are going to hand wave Orochimaru's lovely jutsu experiments as him trying to find a way to "defeat this darkness." 

Edited by Shadow1275, 22 April 2016 - 02:55 AM.

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#858 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:35 AM

The only fans left over there are the hard core everything is awesome variety. The rational fans figured out the series was going down the tubes after the LOI Arc. Most though believed it was declining after pain.

#859 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:55 AM

Is there ANY creativity in the people that work on the Naruto anime/manga anymore?

Edited by starlitestarbrite, 09 February 2017 - 10:32 PM.

#860 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:59 AM

Is there ANY creativity in japan the people that work on the Naruto anymore? 

Fix that, and No. Don't worry your clearly frustrated by the fact that this story relied heavily on twist and mysteries to try and keep the audience interested. Without anything really coming out of it or being worth the minute it took to read it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 April 2016 - 03:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users