1255 replies to this topic

#781 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:25 PM

I`m actually curious at what Kishimoto has planned for this.

Why?
Also didn't he said that he was done with Naruto?
Oh wait that was just another lie.

Edited by Nostradamus, 16 April 2016 - 11:28 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#782 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:37 PM

Why?
Also didn't he said that he was done with Naruto?
Oh wait that was just another lie.

Cause the idea of Orochimaru having a son is kind of intriguing,  Even if the oneshot wont be good it`s still an interesting concept.

He isn't writing or drawing the Boruto manga though.  He probably just agreed to do the oneshot before handing the series over to the new guys.  I`m surprised you weren't aware of this

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 16 April 2016 - 11:37 PM.

#783 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:40 PM

It's intriguing for the wrong reason. Like it almost seem like that's the reason for Orochimaru being alive and free. But whatever, the series was already mediocre, so I guess anything goes. It's forced but at least it's something to look at.

#784 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:11 AM

i'm mainly here for more fanfiction material.

#785 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:50 AM

The lies. The lies. So many lies.
Too many retcons.
When are these idiots going to realize that 15 years of storytelling is not going to just go away because of their lies.
In my country there's an old saying, it's "Ce-i in mana, nu-i minciuna." Translation would be "What's in the hand is not a lie." Basically if it's tangible then it's the truth. It depends on the situation in which one uses it.
In this case no matter how many lies they'll going to tell it will never change what was said and actually shown in the manga. The one that they're trying to bury.

its like the last/ending/gaiden are a bad version of hercule that thinks we'll all fall for his lies, lets be real here, the lies of hercule won't hide the truth forever in dbz, what makes them think they can pull the same thing with no problem? fail.  (not a hercule hater, hence why I said "bad version of hercule")

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#786 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:56 AM

It's really looking like this is a recap. DBS route. Oh joy...

hey, don't dis dragonball super, the recap mess is already over, you act like you can't ignore the recap and enjoy the universe 6 stuff, seriously, you're really comparing this abomination to dragon ball?  instead of going overboard with the hate for super, why don't you actually pretend the movies happened instead of the recaps and watch the new tournament, the whole point of super in the first place was the new stuff, not the recaps  :mad: 

oh yeah, and also, last time I checked they still haven't retconned the original dbz ending, this is all still only in the timeskip, so if anything you could pretend the movies and super don't exist and still enjoy dragon ball since it is still unaltered and not retconned, so again, why the overboard hate? seriously its like you're trying to blame dbz for naruto's existence and that's taking things a little too far...

Edited by ultranx, 17 April 2016 - 01:09 AM.

#787 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:17 AM

I understand. It still happened the whole redo in a much weaker animation, which is funny because if recap for Boruto, it's like deja vu. Which sucks because I don't want Naruto to be compared to a more deserving known series.

#788 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:40 AM

The removal of the staff the supported NS was probably less due to firing and more due to being promoted and getting other jobs. Yahagi was promoted to head editor of another magazine from what i recall, and Kenji got his own manga. There are probably similar stories for the other staff members. Then they were replace with nH. I honest don't think shuiesha really cared at best the probably thought it would be a great idea for the last naruto movie to be canon and ordered it to be so, or they kept hearing that hinata was so much more popular with the fans then sakura that they order her to be shown more or be made popular to please the fans. The executives care about profit they aren't going to mess with the story of their big international seller unless they think it would bring in more profits. The movements to make hinata the heroine most likely came from staff in both kishi team and the Naruto team at sp more then any executive in either Tokyo pop, Shuiesha, Studio Pierrot, or any other company that was making a profit off Naruto.

The entire staff that is in charge of the Naruto franchise is bias. So is SP. Otherwise they would have never done what they did in the end, starting from TL. It's a miracle that the Sasuke and SNS fans returned.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#789 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

I understand. It still happened the whole redo in a much weaker animation, which is funny because if recap for Boruto, it's like deja vu. Which sucks because I don't want Naruto to be compared to a more deserving known series.

true but think about it, there's nothing untainted with closure to fall back on for naruto, that makes naruto worse than dbz already. at least for dbz the original anime/manga itself is still unaltered and untainted and the original ending  and every other end point in the series still holds up, you can't really say the same with naruto. besides gt was even better than naruto gaiden, the gaiden is that bad. even if gt pan was fanmade and didn't get super saiyan she's still a better next generation character than any of the crap we got with the gaiden.

Edited by ultranx, 18 April 2016 - 06:49 AM.

#790 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:21 AM

Wow! I did not think I could find away to insult Bolt's art further while just randomly looking around the internet. But I just found a parody manga written years ago named Raruto. It is kitten fan made chibi webcomic and it's art is better then bolt's for at least one reason it is consistent. When i read a chapter of Raruto is was consistent in it's kitten web comic art from image to image. With bolt you have this horrid hybrid of trying to emulate/imitate kishi artwork, tracing over kishi's art, have his own style, realistic in some parts -at least that what I'm hoping he was doing with Sakura and Ino-, and just general mistakes -this man cannot draw eye shapes properly (at the very least)- which turns his art into this disaster that offends the eye in part because it hits the uncanny valley. 

144976211290ef09.jpg

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 18 April 2016 - 07:22 AM.

#791 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:57 PM

I like and loved to read it :wibble:

Can you explain/write it here or if you can't send me a PM??

I can see that. Something similar to the moments in the Gaara and Sakura novels. 

Also I assumed that Hinata took the back seat since The Last after much backlash, considering how the Boruto movie didn't include NH/Family moments. Nor did she took "charge" as heroine (according to NH). Honestly even with Gaiden and the novels, and lack of proper attention, Sakura was never written off as a damsel in distress compared to Hinata. She fought her enemies in the Sakura novel, and I did like how she one shot Shin. Hinata is all around submissive, and it's sad how stans prefer that over Sakura.

So my secret theory is this: Even though the Naruto Sakura tension is supposedly over because both have been shipped off, that we are actually going to still see some subtle NS, hidden or implied or just by outright association. Either Sakura is going to continually be around Naruto in the series (through convenient plot devices) or there will be some suspenseful issue that will require her to come into the scenario.

I don't think we've seen the end of Sakura...although we might have seen the end of Hinata.

Hinata's fans only wanted to see her married. That's it. They didn't care about anything else. Not Naruto, not Hinata's development. Nothing. So why would they continue to build her up in the plot? Her fans got what they wanted, so it's no longer a draw.

But Sakura's fans and NS-ers were unfulfilled. And any Sakura/NS fan is going to tune in to see Naruto and Sakura together, even if it's just surface-level platonic. (That Sarada one-shot had crazy NS overtones!) So I think they are going to continue to insert Sakura into the story — even though she was supposedly the 'most hated' — because they know that tension was what drove readers to the story. Not the boring happy ending. 

And I'm betting that they don't expand Sakura's family with another sibling or give her anything close to requited love with Sasuke. Ever. Because if they do, it will take away from any implied NS or hero-worship of Naruto.

So my 'secret' theory is that even though on the surface Sakura was supposedly hated by fans and given the worst ending in the manga, that they still really need her for the plot. And they know it. That stories involving her and Team 7, even if it's just in the background, will still have more appeal than inserting Hinata. Which is why we're not seeing so much NH family time or sappy NH romance (thank god). I'm betting if things get slow, sales slump, the first thing they'll turn to is a return of Team 7, and most importantly Sakura, to the picture. Not NH.

I don't know, I could be wrong.... I've been really wrong about a lot of things in this franchise so far!! haha! But I'm betting we haven't seen the last of Sakura.

#792 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:03 PM

I felt that the fact that they gave us some subtle moments even after the ending, that they might be explore more. It was already mention how SP will be animating the novels after the ending (not confirmed, but what was confirmed was that they will continue the Naruto story after the ending and it will be more focus on particular characters after the war and before The Last, implying the Novels), and NS merchandise still sell in Japan, more than NH. Plus they are animating Gaiden and I would mind to see ch. 7/8 animated/explored more.

Honestly, I don't believe that Sakura is hated, but she has a more dedicated and vocal anti fanbase compared to others. I saw in JP Twitter voting the most popular kunoichi in Naruto. At first it was Kunshina than Sakura, then Sakura took first and Kushina took seventh. Hinata was 7th place until Hinata fans started creating bots to boost Hinata, as well as bashing Sakura. Hinata took third but because they couldn't spend time to look at who truly voted (or face the wrath of Hinata stans) Temari took "third" as well. Her hate base is just too dedicated in making people know how much they hate Sakura which is why one would say that she is most hated. They look like they represent the majority.  

The Last was created supposedly a year before the ending, yet we still had NS filler. And during the Dream fillers we had a full episode of Karin as well as some SasuKarin in the end, explaining how/why she truey admire Sasuke. and SK is not a popular ship in JP. And the Road to Ninja filler where they had Sakura, who was the RtN version of Naruto, who views Naruto as her crush. We expected the worst from Hinata's dream, but it took place in Itachi's filler, just like the rest of the dreams. So I also do bet that they will explore more, if they are willing to go lengths outside canon. I mean the last thing I expected was Karin/SK filler, considering how SS is more popular. I believe that, after the ending, they became more aware of NS/SK and are willing to create dynamics after the ending (which Gaiden only helped aid, imo). And like you said, they are are very focus on the Naruto-worship. 

They are already going back to some roots, slowly. They removed Hinata from taking a larger role that was originally intended from okatus. Now it's SNS/Kaguya, but that's because SP is finally going back to canon after two weeks and reached the final Arc.

Edited by NeonRanger, 18 April 2016 - 07:06 PM.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#793 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

So my secret theory is this: Even though the Naruto Sakura tension is supposedly over because both have been shipped off, that we are actually going to still see some subtle NS, hidden or implied or just by outright association. Either Sakura is going to continually be around Naruto in the series (through convenient plot devices) or there will be some suspenseful issue that will require her to come into the scenario.

I don't think we've seen the end of Sakura...although we might have seen the end of Hinata.

Hinata's fans only wanted to see her married. That's it. They didn't care about anything else. Not Naruto, not Hinata's development. Nothing. So why would they continue to build her up in the plot? Her fans got what they wanted, so it's no longer a draw.

But Sakura's fans and NS-ers were unfulfilled. And any Sakura/NS fan is going to tune in to see Naruto and Sakura together, even if it's just surface-level platonic. (That Sarada one-shot had crazy NS overtones!) So I think they are going to continue to insert Sakura into the story — even though she was supposedly the 'most hated' — because they know that tension was what drove readers to the story. Not the boring happy ending. 

And I'm betting that they don't expand Sakura's family with another sibling or give her anything close to requited love with Sasuke. Ever. Because if they do, it will take away from any implied NS or hero-worship of Naruto.

So my 'secret' theory is that even though on the surface Sakura was supposedly hated by fans and given the worst ending in the manga, that they still really need her for the plot. And they know it. That stories involving her and Team 7, even if it's just in the background, will still have more appeal than inserting Hinata. Which is why we're not seeing so much NH family time or sappy NH romance (thank god). I'm betting if things get slow, sales slump, the first thing they'll turn to is a return of Team 7, and most importantly Sakura, to the picture. Not NH.

I don't know, I could be wrong.... I've been really wrong about a lot of things in this franchise so far!! haha! But I'm betting we haven't seen the last of Sakura.

Not like there would have been any sappy romance/family moments with NH anyway if The Last, Gaiden, and Boruto were any indication of their home/family life..At least not without looking ridiculously forced and unbelievable..

2e5.gif

#794 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:36 PM

Not like there would have been any sappy romance/family moments with NH anyway if The Last, Gaiden, and Boruto were any indication of their home/family life..At least not without looking ridiculously forced and unbelievable..

Too bad it's ognna be, considering that Boruto and Gaiden showed NH isn't a happy family with how Naruto is obviously afraid of the kids, considering Himawari's temper tantrum cost him his being inaugurated as Hokage... a lifelong dream RUINED over a small accident.

#795 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

What happens in Bolt will ultimately be up to Kishi as a supervisor, those two clowns as artist and writer, and who ever their editors is. -There are now at least 4 people working on this manga not counting assistants.- It is ultimately be up to them whether we get platonic NS or romantic nH thought ultimately we will still get NS clone with BS no matter what.

For Hinata we have the fact that most likely 3 of those 4 are hinata fans, and the fact that a lot of the novels have been trying to praise nH as the perfect couple.

For Sakura we have kishi who after what he went through for the last year probably hates the ending pairing as much as we do. The fact that anytime he has had to write or talk about either of the end pairing he has either bashed and or remove any notion of any romantic interest between these pairings. The "success" that the Naruto franchise has had since Hinata became the heroine. and the incident with that character poll on Japanese Twitter. Remember hinata only managed to come in third place after rigging poll with false accounts, and she still came be hind Sakura the so called hated character and kushina a clone of sakura. This became big enough on Japanese Twitter that we heard about it. It wouldn't be too impossible for someone at SJ or SP to hear about this then spread the news around. Image what they think about this new.

Also as much as SNS like to complain that kishi stab them in back. They weren't betrayed anymore then any other fan the cared about the plot in the story. Sasuke was largely unaffected by SS since he barely interacted with his wife and daughter, and with the Bolt movie they can just fantasize about Naruto and Sasuke realizing their feeling for each other and having a secret love affair they already have a tower they met at that only a select few know about. It was our pairing that got hoses, and our characters that got destroyed for these kitten end pairing. So ultimately if they did NS it a last restore of the desperate. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 April 2016 - 06:36 AM.

#796 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:39 PM

Which character you think will suffer the most from its new artstyle? Don't say all...

#797 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:45 PM

Which character you think will suffer the most from its new artstyle? Don't say all...

Everyone.

You said to not say all. I didn't. :D

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#798 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

Everyone.
You said to not say all. I didn't. :D

Damn you.

Lol. I'll say so far, Sasuke, Hinata, her daughter, Sakura, and maybe Naruto. Some shots he looks off. I mean really off.

#799 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:09 PM

I haven't been following this thread much (I know! i know!) What's this about Hinata not being in the new manga?

#800 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:40 PM

I haven't been following this thread much (I know! i know!) What's this about Hinata not being in the new manga?

It's just that the focus on the next series will have new generation and pretty much Naruto and Sasuke. All others are in the background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users