• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:33 PM

Yeah, the minute Shauna made hers, I just had to be unoriginal and make mine too. I'm sure this won't be as nearly as large, but then again, it's my blog, so who's really worried? Me? I don't think so...

Well, it's Friday, and it looks like winter has finally decided to show up. It's not really snow...more like freezing rain/sleet. It melts right away though, so it's just cold and wet outside. Typical late Autumn weather in Wisconsin.

I've been dealing with tons of exams these past couple of weeks, and I'm happy to say I've made it out alive finally. Still have the infamous finals' week to tackle, but I've made it through them twice before. I shall perservere! 111193.gif For those of you who don't know by now, I'm currently a Biology major with a focus on Zoology and Herpetology (that's the study of reptiles and amphibians). Aside from that, I love writing when there aren't any guidelines to follow other than my own, and nature is one of my greater interests, hence my major in college.

I first arrived to H&E after reading 'Training for the Job' and getting to a certain point where I found out the story could be found on H&E. I decided to check out this place, and found out that it was a NaruSaku fansite. Now, mind you, I was not part of any forum groups before this, so I didn't know what to expect. I found people on here to be really funny and understanding of opinions. I've made a few friends on here, such as True, Shauna, Yoko, Recomp, Yondy, Vyse, Tsu, Bolt, Derock, Orenji, Saku-chan (list goes on an on). All of them are great people, although some of them can be a bit nuts... (like I'm one to talk sweatdrop.gif )

I'm also known around here as a fanfic writer, and True has proclaimed that NaruSaku flows in my very blood. I cannot entirely object to that statement, seeing as no matter what story or pairing I write, I have some kind of implication of the two at least being affectionate in some way, shape, or form. That also applies to crossovers with Bleach. Crazy really, I mean, I just found that the two are perfect balances for each other in my opinion. Naruto is the joyful, headstrong, cheery guy, and Sakura is the caring, level-headed, knowledgeable woman.

...dang, I really do obsess over those two...

Hmm...aside from NaruSaku, I am a major fan of NarutoxTayuya, NarutoxTemari, ShikamaruxTemari, and pretty much the Naruto series in general. Other series I enjoy reading include Bleach, and I am first and foremost an IchiRuki supporter. Blame Shauna and True for creating the fanboy that I am. I'm not at fault for this. tongue.gif

Let's see...anything I didn't cover? Any questions I didn't answer that you'd like to know about me? Otherwise, I'll just wait until I feel like ranting/rambling/blogging to update this thing. Well, later everyone. Remember, always swim with a buddy and don't play with matches!!! wow.png

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Nov 7 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember, always swim with a buddy and don't play with matches!!! wow.png

So cracky, Deni XDDD

#3 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:19 PM

Hell, I hope you survive those exams. They're horrible! Of course, I think you're not referring to Year 9 yearlies, but I just had mine and they SUCK! My pen ran out of ink halfway through my English essay! Advice to you, Denim, no matter what test you're getting yourself into, BRING MORE PENS!!!

Ah yes, one more thing; you'd better keep those awesome fics coming! wow.png

#4 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:32 AM

:3
Deni is a smart student~

#5 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

Well, today is the 28th of November, and I guess I'm due for an update. Thanksgiving was good, ate more sweet potatoes than I can ever remember eating in my entire life. X__X

(incoming rant) I guess the main reason I'm posting this blog is to say that I'm glad that the attacks in Mumbai are finally starting to die down. I was relieved when Kr@zy said he was okay, as well as his friends and family. I can't possibly imagine how it was to go through that; Krazy, let me just say that I'm happy that you made it through okay.

I really don't like talking about this kind of stuff, but I feel that maybe I'll feel a bit less stressed. Although I try to be open-minded and see other people's points of view, I can't find myself to understand the motives behind Terrorism. Yes, I know it's been talked about a million times before, so I won't go and say the same things over. I'll just say this; those who kill innocent and helpless citizens for some 'greater cause' or 'greater good' are just messed up. Enough said. I don't think I can possibly learn to deal with it completely, but I know right now that I shouldn't complain; my city has never been attacked.

Well enough of this depressing stuff. I'm home for the weekend, and I'm enjoying my time with my younger siblings (as much as they can annoy me :rolleyes: ) I've got plans to hang with some old friends of mine, and I'm looking forward to it.

So I end this blog with a hope that all of you remain in good health, and that you are doing well. To those in Mumbai, my thoughts are with you, and I can only hope that these dark times will end soon.

Later everyone happy.gif

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#6 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:36 PM

I agree with you said, Deni. I don't understand why we can't speak about it, even if it's repeating things. I'm glad your Thanksgiving was nice! I ate more pecan pie than I could imagine. xD

#7 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Dark @ Nov 28 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you said, Deni. I don't understand why we can't speak about it, even if it's repeating things. I'm glad your Thanksgiving was nice! I ate more pecan pie than I could imagine. xD

OMG, Pecan Pie!!!! arg.gif You're so lucky!!! wow.png

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#8 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:58 PM

I baked three pies. :teehee:

Pecan, Apple & Pumpkin.

wow.png

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:47 AM

Love ya, Deni *hugglez* a_hug.gif

#10 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:23 AM

Deni owes me coffee, that little brat. rawr.gif

#11 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

Well, I think I can officially say that I'm now a fan of Soul Eater. I blame Ani for this recent occurance...she all but forced me to read it. Good thing she did, too.

Anyway, I'm only like on the 14th chapter? Not sure exactly, but it's getting good. I know I'm at least a couple 40 and some odd chapters behind, but I'll catch up. Right now, my favorite characters are definitely Tsubaki, Soul, and Dr. Stein (as well as Blair-chan, but who couldn't love her?).

Hm...I can foresee and fanfiction stemming from this in a month or so. It always happens with me when I read something that I thoroughly enjoy. Well, anyway, I've got finals coming soon, and a few projects to finish up. The funny thing with my classes is that the ones I care about most are the ones that I've got the least amount of work in. Odd, huh? Well, one other thing I'm enjoying right now is the wondeful snowfall we're getting. Before I went to college, I lived close to a bay, so the weather was a little warmer versus the more central part of the state where I am now. Needless to say, I love waking up to a completely snow covered place. Must be the little kid in me or something...

Aside from that, I've come to the conclusion that my immune system is amazing, since everyone in my hall has pretty much gotten sick over the month or so, while I've remained healthy. Must be all that orange juice I drink or something >.> .

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 28 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love ya, Deni *hugglez* a_hug.gif

lol, thanks Shauna, always appreciated biggrin.gif th_glomp.gif

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 28 2008, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deni owes me coffee, that little brat. rawr.gif

Lol, ZJ, you and your jokes. Coffee? Lolololol.... >.> *ahem*

Okay, I'm done for now. Later everyone!

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#12 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

Well, I have two finals left to go, and if weather permits, I'll be home Thursday night! The thing is, my last final is probably the one I need to pass more than any of the others I have. I'm going to be studying hardcore through the day =_= Woooo....

Let's see...oh, I've found a new addiction; maple sugar oatmeal. Yeah, I apparently forgot how much I love it, and I have a few of these Quaker oatmeal instant oatmeal packets my parents gave me awhile back. So I decided to make oatmeal for a late breakfast. Man, that stuff is good when you're hungry...

Now this morning I came up with the idea of putting apple slices in as well. Clever, eh?

Anyway, aside from that, I've found Rosario+Vampire to be absolutely awesome, if not for the plot, then for the characters. I fear fanfiction may spawn from this soon...

Hmmm...oh, yeah, the other night, most random thing happened to me; I did an Avatar: The Last Airbender drabble, courtesy of krisk (she said she'd make the NarutoxTayuya art I want if I did). Anyway, yeah, ZukoxKatara drabble...surprisingly fun to do... a_shifty.gif

Well, that's all for now. Hope everyone else is enjoying whatever they're doing! Until then, later!!

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#13 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

Well, I finally found sometime in my busy second semester to friggin' post again.

sleep.gif Anyway, yeah, this semester has been busy for me. Busier than what I'm normally used to anyway; 17 credits and trying to maintain a social life with friends isn't as easy as I thought it would be. To top it off, LC has decided to be horrid to me and lag. I think it has something to do with Java. Well, I tried installing the java update, and low-and-behold, the LC doesn't work well with the new Java. :cookie:

So, now I'm not sure I'll be able to get on LC ever again. Makes me wonder if anyone was curious as to where I've disappeared to these past two months, heh. I'll try and be on here a bit more often than I have been as of late. However, not that I have to explain myself, but school will be coming first for me.

Let's see...hmm, oh! On a brighter note, I have been working a bit on my fanfics a bit more lately. I have found myself going on a real streak with them lately, so I kind of got caught up in those too. Aside from that, the weather is getting warmer (and wetter) here. We've been in the 40s for a high (in degrees F), so that's a sure sign that things will be getting warmer soon...although, it IS February, so I have no clue what to expect. I always tell myself that we're never in the clear until mid March comes.

So, in case any of you were curios, yes, Denim is still around, just busy as heck. Maybe if I figure out what to do with LC, I'll get on there again one of these days (since recent threads have been saying it should be used if we want it, which makes sense).

Peace!

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#14 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

To top it off, LC has decided to be horrid to me and lag. I think it has something to do with Java. Well, I tried installing the java update, and low-and-behold, the LC doesn't work well with the new Java. :cookie:

Just roll back to the older version of Java, by deleting the new update happy.gif

So, now I'm not sure I'll be able to get on LC ever again. Makes me wonder if anyone was curious as to where I've disappeared to these past two months, heh. I'll try and be on here a bit more often than I have been as of late.

And dude, you most certainly *have* been missed. Especially on Skype <3

Let's see...hmm, oh! On a brighter note, I have been working a bit on my fanfics a bit more lately. I have found myself going on a real streak with them lately, so I kind of got caught up in those too. Aside from that, the weather is getting warmer (and wetter) here. We've been in the 40s for a high (in degrees F), so that's a sure sign that things will be getting warmer soon...although, it IS February, so I have no clue what to expect. I always tell myself that we're never in the clear until mid March comes.

It always makes me just shake my head in wonder when people call temps like 40 degrees a *high* XD But considering how 'low' your lows can go, it's also pretty understandable tongue.gif

*Enjoys her high of 75 degrees* wow.png

*Uber glomps joo and pokes you to get onto H&E moar often* th_glomp.gif

#15 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

>3333333

#16 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (Dark @ Feb 21 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
>3333333

You scare me, Dark. arg.gif

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#17 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Feb 21 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You scare me, Dark. arg.gif

You know you love me, Danny Boy~

#18 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:47 AM

Eh, even if no one checks this, I'll post it up.

...dang, been awhile since I've been on H&E, let alone posted anything noteworthy, heh. Well, may as well let everyone know that I HAVEN'T fallen off the face of the Earth. No, I've been working with a paint crew (namely the guys I live with this summer), and we've been working on a Colonial Revival house. Two stories worth of scraping lead chips, priming, painting, removing windows, reapplying the sealant between the cleaned windows, etc...finally done, but boy was it worth the time spent. It's not until you finally see the finished product that you come to appreciate the hard work you put into it.

Hm, aside from work, I've been putting the occasional update for my fanfics. Yeah, still do them, for those who read and/or have familiarity with them. Not too many updates, but it's been a more relaxed summer as far as time goes compared to last year between college terms.

Yep...that's about all I've got going for me, lol. Hope everyone else has been doing alright as well!

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#19 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Jul 28 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh, even if no one checks this, I'll post it up.

...dang, been awhile since I've been on H&E, let alone posted anything noteworthy, heh. Well, may as well let everyone know that I HAVEN'T fallen off the face of the Earth. No, I've been working with a paint crew (namely the guys I live with this summer), and we've been working on a Colonial Revival house. Two stories worth of scraping lead chips, priming, painting, removing windows, reapplying the sealant between the cleaned windows, etc...finally done, but boy was it worth the time spent. It's not until you finally see the finished product that you come to appreciate the hard work you put into it.

Hm, aside from work, I've been putting the occasional update for my fanfics. Yeah, still do them, for those who read and/or have familiarity with them. Not too many updates, but it's been a more relaxed summer as far as time goes compared to last year between college terms.

Yep...that's about all I've got going for me, lol. Hope everyone else has been doing alright as well!

Sounds pretty awesome, you should post a pic of the house. I've also painted a house this summer (or 2 walls...pink) so were painting buddies. Other then that UPDATE MOR NOA, (outbreak/RosarioJinchuuriki) just kidding take your time.

Edited by Muffins?, 29 July 2010 - 04:17 AM.

JLHza2T.png

#20 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 28 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds pretty awesome, you should post a pic of the house. I've also painted a house this summer (or 2 walls...pink) so were painting buddies. Other then that UPDATE MOR NOA, (outbreak/RosarioJinchuuriki) just kidding take your time.

lol, what I wouldn't have given to only do 2 walls and get paid a couple hundred for it!

Yeah, I think there will be another update for Rosario+Jinchuuriki soon...hopefully!

Gimme a break, 'kay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users