• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#81 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:18 AM

So today, since it's the day before the game, made the decision to check out some of the Twin Cities.

First stop was Matt's Bar for lunch, home of the famous Jucy Lucy burger. Basically, it's two hamburger patties cooked with cheese melted in the middle.

0919141249_zpsb48221ec.jpg

Here's how it looked at first glance, simple enough  :mellow:

0919141253_zps7e239636.jpg

But then bite into it and boom, molten cheese starts coming out!  :lol:

0919141255b_zps3ce247a3.jpg

It was a really good burger! If you're ever in the Twin Cities, I recommend it.  :thumbsup:

Later on, took a trip over to the Rosedale Mall, and they have a pretty neat little store there with anime stuff. I usually stop there to pick up this.

0919142107_zps2321f17b.jpg

Pocky is super tasty!  :happy:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#82 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:29 AM

So, went to the Gophers game today, this was the scene when I got there

0920141344b_zpsf4d150e8.jpg

Bright and sunny. The game starts off and the Gophers get a 17-7 lead going into the fourth quarter....

And then the rain showed up.

0920141727_zps64bfdd88.jpg

Eventually the rain got so bad that there was a delay. The rain, however, wouldn't last

0920141832_zps08ff4694.jpg

After about a 45-50 minute delay, the sun came back out! And the Gophers went on to win 24-7 too!

After that we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and had some dinner. Overall it was a pretty fun day, despite the rain.  :lol:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#83 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:23 AM

Well, well, well. WHAT A DAY!!!!

I guess I should start off with how my week went. It was surprisingly long. I was on vacation until Wednesday, so I only worked three days this week, but I still had plenty of things to do. Anyways, i still wrote up some nice pieces and worked pretty hard.

So enter Saturday, The Minnesota Golden Gophers were playing for the Little Brown Jug, a traveling trophy they have been playing for since 1903. They hadn't won the thin since 2005.

On Saturday, today, they won it back, and won it convincingly. You  better believe I was going crazy in my apartment, screaming at the bad calls and cheering on every rush yard  :lol:.

In the end, the Gophers won the Jug back, and it is going back to Minnesota. I'm so hyped and happy.

So for the rest of the night, I don't even know, it's probably going to be a mix of football and toonami  :P

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#84 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:25 AM

Lol. You have a cool blog ^^

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#85 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

Lol. You have a cool blog ^^

Well thank you! I very much appreciate that.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#86 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:43 AM

Pocky is so bomb  :wow:  I don't know what is it about it. It's kinda hard to find here in Canada though, I could only get them in chinatown. :argh:

Everytime I look at your blog name it reminds me of the song single ladies. :sweat: "If you like it then you shoulda put a lid on it oh oh ohh" 

Lol xD

Glad you had fun!! The same thing happened at my uni. Exactly the same situation (in my case its a panda lool). It must've been crazy! Did people storm the fields? :D I'd hate to be in the center of that, imagine the player everyone jumped on :fu:

1. I know right! Pocky rocks. I can only find it though at stores in big cities. Too bad.  -_-

2. Haha, I think Put a Lid on it is way more catchy than put a ring on it lol  :fu:

3. People didn't storm the field. They usually do that against rivalry games. Like Iowa  :down: and Wisconsin  :hm:. This was a non conference game so it was just the standard hand shake. The band played the song of the team after it was done, though, and we listened to that, the players stayed on the field for that.  :happy:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#87 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:41 AM

Well, after a trip to the Twin Cities, it was nice to have a short week and a relaxing weekend with not too much going on.

Friday night I saw the movie The Equalizer with Denzel Washington. I'm planning to write a full review for my website, but I'll say this right away, the film is just OK. It's 3 out of 5 range, entertaining to watch, but lacking in more substance. There are exciting moments, however, when compared to other films where the characters are hiding violent lives, such as Drive with Ryan Gosling and The American with George Clooney, this one pales in comparison.

Saturday morning was great, made some breakfast (posted a pic in the What you ate last time thread) and just took it easy.

Then later on, as you know from my previous posts, the Gophers defeated their rivals at Michigan. The two teams have been playing each other for a water jug since 1903 when Michigan forgot their water container in Minnesota after a game. When they asked for it back Minnesota said 'you have to win it.'

In the last few decades, 80s and 90s especially, the Gophers hit hard times and Michigan dominated the series, making it lop sided. Going into Saturday, the Gophers hadn't beaten Michigan since 2005, but Minnesota has been turning around, so I was mega hyped!  :omfg:

The game started off and it was pretty even in the first half, with Minnesota taking a 10-7 lead. But the second half was a different story, the Gophers dominated the last two quarters and victory was assured!!  :boogie:

thejugns_zps619aff93.jpg

The rest of the night went by pretty simply. I had some pockey that I still had lying around and watched Toonami here and more football there. One Piece on Toonami just got to where Luffy uses Gear Second for the first time. It's so far behind, but Enies Lobby is one of the best arcs in the series, so it's a treat seeing it again.

Today I got up early, at like 7 a.m. I don't know why, it must be because I get up early for work, my internal clock just gets me up even if I've been up late. Eh, coffee solved the grogginess problem, though. 

So once again, a lazy day without too much going on. Except for my cheering for the Minnesota Vikings. After a mediocre start to the season with some controversy on the team, this was a nice change of pace, as the Vikings went on to win the game pretty convincingly.

THeBridge_zps1e7828a8.jpg

It was mainly thanks to this guy. First round draft pick rookie Teddy Bridgewater led some great drives with nice passing to get the Vikes the win. The passing he was doing in the game was some of the best from a quarterback wearing purple that Minnesota has seen in a while. He left the game with an injury late, but returned. Looks like he has a sprain, but it's good that it's not worse.

Later on tonight, I checked out the show Once Upon a Time since they had the Frozen characters on it, and maybe it's because I'm not a fan of the show, but it was not very good. Every bit of the time that the Frozen plot was going on it felt like really bad fanfiction, out of character-ness and all. For example Kristoff came off as somewhat of a jerk and Elsa seemed to regress as a character.

What was kind of interesting was the Simpsons Family Guy crossover. It was OK seeing the contrasting animation styles, but there was nothing too special about it. The comedy in there was very self aware which just sort of made things predictable. It was still cool to see, though.

Also, I tried a couple new beers recently, figured I would share what they are, as always.

First up, one that is a little disappointing.

WhiteWing_zps8878b807.jpg

Shiner White Wing is a Belgian white style ale, but it came across as being rather dull. There wasn't much bitterness too it and it also lacked in terms of tastes that you would expect from this kind of beer, such as the orange peel. It wasn't bad, per se, just rather average.

The other beer, though, was much better.

Finneg_zpse3cad547.jpg

Finnegan's Blonde Ale was very tasty. It was flavorful, strong and refreshing. It went down really nicely and would be perfect for a very hot day. It's not hard to have more than one.  :lol:

So besides beer, football and movies, I also found time to see a new anime that was recommended to me by Muffins. It's called Gekkan Shōjo Nozaki Kun and it is really funny.

Nozaki_zps26900432.jpg

Simplifying the plot here, but more or less, it's about a girl who helps her crush write a shojo manga, and many of the characters are based on their life experiences. I recommend checking it out. It has plenty of fluffy and funny comedy.

Wow, that was a long post, I guess I had more to write about then I thought, lol. O__O

Edited by Lid, 29 September 2014 - 02:54 AM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#88 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

So random update here, but I just stumbled across a very cool Youtube channel that I wanted to recomend! 

Cars And Water is the channel and basically they melt things. It's actually a lot cooler than what my simple description shows,  :P

Here, see for yourself

There are a lot more vids like this on the channel, they are good to just look at for the visuals.  :thumb:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#89 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for reminding me of these guys I watched a few more of the vids and thought this one was pretty cool 

JLHza2T.png

#90 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:14 PM

This blog post I want to start off by addressing a more serious note. 

October 13-19 is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Awareness Week, and as someone who lives with OCD, I hope you will take some time to learn more about the mental illness.

Here are some links with info

The reason for spreading awareness is because OCD is often misunderstood. There are many times in the media, and in life, where a person may say "that's so OCD" or "I'm so OCD" because they like to keep things tidy or neat. The fact is, OCD is much more complex than that and can get to the point of being debilitating.

I myself have been fortunate in my OCD not being too severe for most of my life, however it has given me some rough times to go through.

Anyways, just figured I'd share some information, and if you have a mental illness, just know there is hope.  :happy:

---

Now let's get to something a little different, eh? XD

In other news, I found another interesting Youtube channel  :P, this one is called The Unknown Cameraman 

More or less, this photographer goes to these abandoned places, documents it and gives facts about the building.

Here is one of the videos

It's cool and spooky  :lol:

Oh, and another week with a Golden Gophers football win, mood is good!  :D

Edited by Lid, 13 October 2014 - 10:15 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#91 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

Wow, been quite a while since my last blog update, let's change that.

To start off, this has been one of the best autumn seasons in a while! The weather in my neck of the woods has been just gorgeous. Temperatures in the 50s, 60s, all the trees red and gold, it's been just great.

With autumn also comes Halloween, and I'm super excited. Horror movies and candy galore, great holiday XD

I've definitely been busy, though. The election here at the state and national level is just about a week away and it's gave me a lot of work to do. I've had to do articles covering both state measures and candidates running for public office.

Fortunately, I'm a political junkie so this stuff is actually kind of fun for me. haha

In other news, football season is already basically at the halfway point, where did the time go? The Gophers are doing pretty well at 6-2, but have a tough four games remaining and the Vikings season is like a roller coaster. It should be a fun finish. Once that's done it will be all hockey and basketball. XD

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#92 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

Been a while, hasn't it. Well I have been busy, that's for sure.

Football season is almost over, and I was actually satisfied with how Minnesota teams did. While the Gophers lost their Bowl game, it was still good that they won 8 games and had victories against Michigan, Iowa and Nebraska. On the other side, the Vikings only went 7-9 this year, but that's OK. I figured the year was going to be a roller coaster, and it was nice to see Teddy Bridgewater develop. 

So, now it's on to hockey and basketball.

In the movie verse, it's award season and that has kept me plenty busy. Last week the Critics' Choice Awards took place and this Sunday is when the Screen Actors Guild Awards are on. 

(Oh, and shh, don't tell anyone, but I'm going to give you guys a sneak peak at my Top 10 Movies of 2014!)

10. Foxcatcher
9. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
8. Selma
7. The Imitation Game
6. Big Hero 6
5. Gone Girl
4. Boyhood
3. Wild
2. Nightcrawler
1. Birdman

I also had a really fun holiday season, XMas was fun, seeing the family and I had a good time on New Years Eve/Day hanging out with my Heaven and Earth friends.

So, now that you've heard that update, here's the bad news.

Busted_zpsmpxqgq3j-1.jpg

That there is a good ole knee brace. When I was going to report on a story Wednesday I ended up taking a bad fall and hyper extended my left knee. So, I was taken by ambulance to the hospital, they put a leg brace on, and now I'm back at home. It sucks, I will probably be sidelined for a while.

So, the forum might see more of me since I have a bit more time now, haha, but it's still a pain.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#93 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

Take care Lid :D

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#94 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:15 PM

Good news everyone!  :D

I had an MRI done on Friday to see what the status of my knee was and it turns out there was nothing torn which means that I will NOT need surgery to repair anything!  :w00t:

It has healed up pretty good and I can stand and walk on it with the help of a cane. The next step is for me to get some physical therapy so I can get back to 100%  :naruto5:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#95 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:20 AM

Good news everyone!  :D

I had an MRI done on Friday to see what the status of my knee was and it turns out there was nothing torn which means that I will NOT need surgery to repair anything!  :w00t:

It has healed up pretty good and I can stand and walk on it with the help of a cane. The next step is for me to get some physical therapy so I can get back to 100%  :naruto5:

Ouch man, good to see it's nothing permanent hope you heal up quick.  :sakura:

JLHza2T.png

#96 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:47 AM

Ouch man, good to see it's nothing permanent hope you heal up quick.  :sakura:

Thanks buddy. I start physical therapy on Monday and will go to work on light duty on Tuesday, so the road to recovery is on!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#97 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:04 AM

OK, first session of physical therapy was today.

The doc measured how far I could bend my knee first and then had me do a few exercises to start the strengthening process.

At the end of it I did some electrical muscle stimulation. They put some electric pads on my knee which helps improve the muscles and allows the cells to heal faster.

So, progress is being made!  :happy:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#98 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

Ahem...

Short blog post...

F you daylight savings time.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#99 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:17 AM

I hear ya on that.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#100 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:49 PM

18 years ago today, the world lost a great talent. RIP Notorious BIG.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users