408 replies to this topic

#341 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:32 PM

Funimation's dubs sometimes SUCK, yes :yes: Anyways has anyone done any post game content for Berseria? I haven't touched it since I finished the main story as I have other games to complete. Too many to be sure and 'm preoccupied by work too

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#342 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:15 AM

Funimation's dubs sometimes SUCK, yes :yes: Anyways has anyone done any post game content for Berseria? I haven't touched it since I finished the main story as I have other games to complete. Too many to be sure and 'm preoccupied by work too

You mean" +game plus"?

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#343 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:39 AM

If you mean sidequests, I am doing it....I am happy to say I beat the blood crystal thing!! I cried because it was annoying...

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#344 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

You mean" +game plus"?

Well maybe the EX dungeon is new game plus but I mean  all party member have their own side quests you can do. I'm just wondering if anyone completed them. :smile:

#345 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

Well maybe the EX dungeon is new game plus but I mean  all party member have their own side quests you can do. I'm just wondering if anyone completed them. :smile:

I'm doing it! I think I'm almost done, trying to find EX dungeon

Joui Four

#346 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:04 AM

Oh, I'm playing Zestiria at the moment and well I have a different opinion from everyone else here. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I think the story is great and the gameplay is super fun, I especially enjoy the armatus mechanic. I must say that I am enjoying this one more than Berseria actually, but that is just my opinion. My only point of discontentment, as is many Japanese fans, is that Alisha's role and impact in the story got cut off for no reason other than because Baba wanted to boost Rose's importance in the story ( *cough cough* because of his crush on Mikako Komatsu *cough cough* if the rumors are to be believed), and the inconsistencies in the writing shows. And despite what the creators say and think, I see something between Sorey and Alisha, plus IMO, the Sorey X Mikleo thing is just to cover their bums about taking Alisha out. Not that I hate Sorey X Mikleo, but I see no real indication of it besides the creator's hearsay, and the excuse for why Sorey would not be interested in the opposite sex is idiotic. I hear the explanation for it is that Sorey has different goals and passions from other Tales  MCs so therefore a "conventional romance" wouldn't suit him. I call BS on that because 1) if that is the case then don't make him interested in ANYONE then and 2) that is is showing (intentional or not) prejudice against other other sexual orientations which I do not agree with nor tolerate. :dry:  :superior:

My point is, I love the game, I think it's great (probably am popart of the minority opinion of the game lol) but I see some legitimacy in the fans's criticism of the game, some story explanations for the rushed and last minute changes to boost Rose to deuteragonist status are VERY apparent. I think these problems would have been solved if they had KEPT Alisha as part of the party as intended and give her armatus forms like they did in the anime. :smile:

P.S. My Brother has the same opinion actually. It's one of his favourite games and he has played almost all of the tales games in one way or another :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 May 2017 - 05:16 AM.

#347 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:11 AM

Oh, I'm playing Zestiria at the moment and well I have a different opinion from everyone else here. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I think the story is great and the gameplay is super fun, I especially enjoy the armatus mechanic. I must say that I am enjoying this one more than Berseria actually, but that is just my opinion. My only point of discontentment, as is many Japanese fans, is that Alisha's role and impact in the story got cut off for no reason other than because Baba wanted to boost Rose's importance in the story ( *cough cough* because of his crush on Mikako Komatsu *cough cough* if the rumors are to be believed), and the inconsistencies in the writing shows. And despite what the creators say and think, I see something between Sorey and Alisha, plus IMO, the Sorey X Mikleo thing is just to cover their bums about taking Alisha out. Not that I hate Sorey X Mikleo, but I see no real indication of it besides the creator's hearsay, and the excuse for why Sorey would not be interested in the opposite sex is idiotic. I hear the explanation for it is that Sorey has different goals and passions from other Tales  MCs so therefore a "conventional romance" wouldn't suit him. I call BS on that because 1) if that is the case then don't make him interested in ANYONE then and 2) that is is showing (intentional or not) prejudice against other other sexual orientations which I do not agree with nor tolerate. :dry:  :superior:

My point is, I love the game, I think it's great (probably am popart of the minority opinion of the game lol) but I see some legitimacy in the fans's criticism of the game, some story explanations for the rushed and last minute changes to boost Rose to deuteragonist status are VERY apparent. I think these problems would have been solved if they had KEPT Alisha as part of the party as intended and give her armatus forms like they did in the anime. :smile:

P.S. My Brother has the same opinion actually. It's one of his favourite games and he has played almost all of the tales games in one way or another :yes:

I'm largely positive on Zestiria, but I a, also sympathetic to the complaints. I think it's a good game, but rough around the edges. Overall good ideas, but inconsistent execution. I feel that way about almost every aspect of the game (except armitization...it was a good idea).

I liked the main concept, but felt they could have done more with it. It felt Narutoesque at times in that the plot, except for the end, was attempting to protect Sorey. Heldalf's back story was interesting, but the game waited so long to get to the best parts of it and Sorey's interactions with him so limited that it didn't make the most it. And that's it in a nutshell for me. Good core ideas, but hit and miss execution led to a plot I liked overall, but one I felt needed work. Then again, maybe I am being unfair because it came after Xillia 2 (my favorite Tales plot) and that's just not fair.

Tales battle systems are generally fun, even the weaker ones. I think the battle system was fun and like the armitization concept. I just wish the core of the system wasn't based off of my least favorite system: Graces. I didn't hate Graces, but on anything above moderate difficulty if felt like a huge slog at times. When I played FFXV it could play for hours and not realize it. With Graces, it could sometimes be the opposite. Zestiria could do that to because its built off of Graces. Armetization helped speed things up as did the fact that the dungeons felt shorter than Graces. It's like the plot, good for an RPG generally, but weaker than the previous Tales titles (but still better than Graces). 

As for the Alisha/Rose thing, they did the worse thing possible. Use one or the other, or both, but don't switch gears for no apparent reason. I liked both characters (battle wise Rose was my favorite to use), but choosing to switch mid-stream was dumb. Alisha was with you long enough and likeable enough that by the time she left you,as a player,cared about her. And the game just ditches her for a character who hadn't done much up to that point and who they failed to really develop throughout. As I said, I like Rose's character, but the game didn't make much of an attempt to develop her (except for one incident). In Symphonia Kratos bails midstream, but for a very important plot reason and they continue to develop him. Of course, they couldn't do that here because Alisha is one of the last people you'd expect to go hellion (and let's be honest, this would piss the audience off because she was well-meaning to a fault, she'd only get there via pure despair) and by the time Rose was established it was too late to have the desired effect. 

Zestiria abandons Alisha for no plot based reason. I've heard the rumors and it doesn't help his case that there really is not good reason for the shift. The compatibility of squires wasn't important and there was not reason to remove Alisha to demonstrate a minor point that didn't matter. Either pick Rose the whole way, Alisha the whole way, or, if you have to have Rose, keep Alisha in the party and just add Rose. 

#348 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

Berseria had a better story, better characters and a better battle system than Zestiria. However Edna is my fav character in the game. Velvet is my fav in Berseria (she's the best girl and best waifu). 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#349 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

Zestiria just disappointed us after all we got was Xillia...especially the excuses Baba did for the game made it ten time worst. I would say Destiny and Destiny had an amazing story even though Symphonia is my favorite.

Joui Four

#350 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

Berseria had a better story, better characters and a better battle system than Zestiria. However Edna is my fav character in the game. Velvet is my fav in Berseria (she's the best girl and best waifu). 

Well that's fine bud. I really love Velvet;'s character too, Velvet and Rokurou are my favourites in Berseria. :D

I'm largely positive on Zestiria, but I a, also sympathetic to the complaints. I think it's a good game, but rough around the edges. Overall good ideas, but inconsistent execution. I feel that way about almost every aspect of the game (except armitization...it was a good idea).

I liked the main concept, but felt they could have done more with it. It felt Narutoesque at times in that the plot, except for the end, was attempting to protect Sorey. Heldalf's back story was interesting, but the game waited so long to get to the best parts of it and Sorey's interactions with him so limited that it didn't make the most it. And that's it in a nutshell for me. Good core ideas, but hit and miss execution led to a plot I liked overall, but one I felt needed work. Then again, maybe I am being unfair because it came after Xillia 2 (my favorite Tales plot) and that's just not fair.

Tales battle systems are generally fun, even the weaker ones. I think the battle system was fun and like the armitization concept. I just wish the core of the system wasn't based off of my least favorite system: Graces. I didn't hate Graces, but on anything above moderate difficulty if felt like a huge slog at times. When I played FFXV it could play for hours and not realize it. With Graces, it could sometimes be the opposite. Zestiria could do that to because its built off of Graces. Armetization helped speed things up as did the fact that the dungeons felt shorter than Graces. It's like the plot, good for an RPG generally, but weaker than the previous Tales titles (but still better than Graces). 

As for the Alisha/Rose thing, they did the worse thing possible. Use one or the other, or both, but don't switch gears for no apparent reason. I liked both characters (battle wise Rose was my favorite to use), but choosing to switch mid-stream was dumb. Alisha was with you long enough and likeable enough that by the time she left you,as a player,cared about her. And the game just ditches her for a character who hadn't done much up to that point and who they failed to really develop throughout. As I said, I like Rose's character, but the game didn't make much of an attempt to develop her (except for one incident). In Symphonia Kratos bails midstream, but for a very important plot reason and they continue to develop him. Of course, they couldn't do that here because Alisha is one of the last people you'd expect to go hellion (and let's be honest, this would piss the audience off because she was well-meaning to a fault, she'd only get there via pure despair) and by the time Rose was established it was too late to have the desired effect. 

Zestiria abandons Alisha for no plot based reason. I've heard the rumors and it doesn't help his case that there really is not good reason for the shift. The compatibility of squires wasn't important and there was not reason to remove Alisha to demonstrate a minor point that didn't matter. Either pick Rose the whole way, Alisha the whole way, or, if you have to have Rose, keep Alisha in the party and just add Rose. 

Completely agree Nate :lol:  I would have to replay Graces to give a more honest opinion though, As I was playing it like a typical Tales game. So I'll get back to it some time, but agreed, Graces had a weak story 

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 May 2017 - 03:44 PM.

#351 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 12:32 AM

Zestiria just disappointed us after all we got was Xillia...especially the excuses Baba did for the game made it ten time worst. I would say Destiny and Destiny had an amazing story even though Symphonia is my favorite.

I don't disagree. I loved Xillia and Xillia 2. I try not to hold Zestiria to that standard because disappointment would have be inevitable, especially because I love Xillia 2's plot and how utterly unforgiving it is to its characters. It did not soft peddle things when it when the darker route. I try to look at Zestiria on its own merits. And overall I like it, but as I said, I am sympathetic to some of the complaints about it. Speaking of that, I am watching what the anime did with Alisha and Rose and I think, umm...yeah that was probably what the game should have done. I would have enjoyed the two creating a bond over the course of the game, similar to what Mikleo and Sorey had.

EDIT: I agree Graven that Berseria's battle system is better (though I miss armetization). I can't speak of anything else because I am only about 5 hours in.

#352 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:06 AM

Well that's fine bud. I really love Velvet;'s character too, Velvet and Rokurou are my favourites in Berseria. :D

Completely agree Nate :lol:  I would have to replay Graces to give a more honest opinion though, As I was playing it like a typical Tales game. So I'll get back to it some time, but agreed, Graces had a weak story 

True Graces story was weak I didn't like it honestly. However it's battle system to me it's the BEST in the Tales series franchise. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#353 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:14 AM

True Graces story was weak I didn't like it honestly. However it's battle system to me it's the BEST in the Tales series franchise.

I'll give Graces the fact that I could use 5 of the 6 characters and not be bored or frustrated. I have always felt the mages were nowhere near as fun (or worth manually controlling) as the melee characters. In most Tales games I can use 2-3 characters without being bore/frustrated (so far in Berseria it's 3 of 4; I haven't used 1 yet and don't have the other 2). In Graces, I was able to use everyone but Pascal pretty effectively. Even he healer Cheria, was pretty fun to use. Using Pascal made me want to toss my controller at the wall (and boy did I die far more times with her than anyone else). But, man, I felt like the battles were such a massive slog, especially toward the end game and epilogue. I liked Xillia the most battle wise. 

#354 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:25 AM

I don't disagree. I loved Xillia and Xillia 2. I try not to hold Zestiria to that standard because disappointment would have be inevitable, especially because I love Xillia 2's plot and how utterly unforgiving it is to its characters. It did not soft peddle things when it when the darker route. I try to look at Zestiria on its own merits. And overall I like it, but as I said, I am sympathetic to some of the complaints about it. Speaking of that, I am watching what the anime did with Alisha and Rose and I think, umm...yeah that was probably what the game should have done. I would have enjoyed the two creating a bond over the course of the game, similar to what Mikleo and Sorey had.

EDIT: I agree Graven that Berseria's battle system is better (though I miss armetization). I can't speak of anything else because I am only about 5 hours in.

I'm on mobile so apologize with multi replies :o I won't lie and say I didn't had a problem with Xillia and Xillia 2, but they were overall good games, however Zestiria disappointed by the false advertisement, the world felt empty itself, little to no sidequests that helps develops the characters, the whole Eizen situation wasn't resolved, Alisha's departure along with the characters treating Rose like a princess right away compare to Alisha who wanted to help (I do like Rose but the obvious crush Baba had showed in the game) the excuses Baba made for it, the battles felt very limited and the fact the game had potential which you can obviously tell when you hear about the lore. Berseria was there to fix up it's plot and mistakes that it made even the anime had to help but the second season kinda made sad, Alisha armetization was cool to see but I felt her game counterpart was better, I expected them to do that arc but fleshed out and satisfying however they did good with Rose. Also...I didn't really care much for Sorey...lol Sorry for this but I felt I should have explain why it disappointed me better.

Berseria is very fun and worth playing, also if you find an item for your weapon that says reflect, don't sell it and max it out mostly on Rokurou.

Joui Four

#355 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

I thought it was fun too (I like Legendia too even though it was weird) Sophie was my girl! Cheria needed to fix her healing, I was mad at her for a good half of the game Dx Hubert and Pascal were also fun to use but Sophie was my girl....xD

Joui Four

#356 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:38 AM

I'll give Graces the fact that I could use 5 of the 6 characters and not be bored or frustrated. I have always felt the mages were nowhere near as fun (or worth manually controlling) as the melee characters. In most Tales games I can use 2-3 characters without being bore/frustrated (so far in Berseria it's 3 of 4; I haven't used 1 yet and don't have the other 2). In Graces, I was able to use everyone but Pascal pretty effectively. Even he healer Cheria, was pretty fun to use. Using Pascal made me want to toss my controller at the wall (and boy did I die far more times with her than anyone else). But, man, I felt like the battles were such a massive slog, especially toward the end game and epilogue. I liked Xillia the most battle wise. 

Pascal was easy to me but Cheria was hard for me also the fact that her healing wasn't good til midway in the game....Xillia battle system was really good, Xillia 2 had a better story to me even though it frustrated me (ALT MILLA!!!) xD

Joui Four

#357 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:43 PM

Pascal was easy to me but Cheria was hard for me also the fact that her healing wasn't good til midway in the game....Xillia battle system was really good, Xillia 2 had a better story to me even though it frustrated me (ALT MILLA!!!) xD

I remember how many hours I spent grinding for exp so much. I also remembered how many titles I unlocked almost at the beginning of the game. Grinding hours worth spent well remembering how easy the game got especially when it came to certain bosses (I'm looking at you Kurt :angry:) he was the toughest human boss in the story. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#358 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:21 PM

I'm on mobile so apologize with multi replies :o I won't lie and say I didn't had a problem with Xillia and Xillia 2, but they were overall good games, however Zestiria disappointed by the false advertisement, the world felt empty itself, little to no sidequests that helps develops the characters, the whole Eizen situation wasn't resolved, Alisha's departure along with the characters treating Rose like a princess right away compare to Alisha who wanted to help (I do like Rose but the obvious crush Baba had showed in the game) the excuses Baba made for it, the battles felt very limited and the fact the game had potential which you can obviously tell when you hear about the lore. Berseria was there to fix up it's plot and mistakes that it made even the anime had to help but the second season kinda made sad, Alisha armetization was cool to see but I felt her game counterpart was better, I expected them to do that arc but fleshed out and satisfying however they did good with Rose. Also...I didn't really care much for Sorey...lol Sorry for this but I felt I should have explain why it disappointed me better.

Berseria is very fun and worth playing, also if you find an item for your weapon that says reflect, don't sell it and max it out mostly on Rokurou.

The game does resolve the Eizen situation if you choose to fight him. I think it should have been mandatory, but you can choose to fight him. I liked anime/game Alisha about the same. I just meant that the anime's handling of her character was better because it didn't drop her, but developed a subplot for her (that the game had started to developed and then dropped) and includes her in the remainder of the quest. Liked anime Rose (though I liked game rose) better because they actually spend a little time of developing her.  I liked that she pushed to be a squire rather than getting recruited and actually have her doubt herself and life choices. It's not the only route to go with her character, but its one possibility and its more than the game did. 

As for Graces, yeah, Kurt kicked my ass and I think I had to drop the difficulty a level to beat him.

#359 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:21 AM

The game does resolve the Eizen situation if you choose to fight him. I think it should have been mandatory, but you can choose to fight him. I liked anime/game Alisha about the same. I just meant that the anime's handling of her character was better because it didn't drop her, but developed a subplot for her (that the game had started to developed and then dropped) and includes her in the remainder of the quest. Liked anime Rose (though I liked game rose) better because they actually spend a little time of developing her.  I liked that she pushed to be a squire rather than getting recruited and actually have her doubt herself and life choices. It's not the only route to go with her character, but its one possibility and its more than the game did. 

As for Graces, yeah, Kurt kicked my ass and I think I had to drop the difficulty a level to beat him.

I managed to beat Kurt in Chaos and that was using hourglass I know it's cheating but it was the only way. :P

Defeating Fodra Queen in Chaos  without using hourglass (truly a challenge). 

Defeating Solomus in Chaos without using hourglass (another challenge) 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#360 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:39 AM

Fodra Queen? Is that the last boss of the epilogue? I was ready to move on when I fought her. So after I lost on a harder difficult (don't remember which one), I just turned it simple so I could see the ending? I am so lame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users