ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:01 AM

"At the Code Geass 10th anniversary event on Sunday, it was announced that the series will be receiving a new anime. Titled Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Revival), the new anime will take place a few years after the events of Zero Requiem. In addition, a three-part compilation film series of the previous Code Geass anime has been planned for 2017. The voices will be redubbed for the movies, which will also include new scenes."

Official site: http://geass.jp/lelouch_10th/

Source: Official Twitter

PV for the new code geass anime: 

Edited by DeathGodMack, 02 January 2017 - 08:06 AM.

Posted Image

#2 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:52 AM

What?? I'm glad he's alive but ut's kind off an asspull. He's desth was so significant I hate that theyre taking it away from him..

ナルサク

#3 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:29 AM

I'm very excited for this sequel,which means Lelouch isn't dead like i thought all along. Also nice to know we'll finally have a proper answer and a proper look at what happened after Zero Requiem.

Posted Image

#4 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:16 AM

Way to go, Code Geass. You had one of the few absolutely perfect endings in anime out there, and you've just gone and ruined it.

Edited by CloudMountainJuror, 29 November 2016 - 02:16 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#5 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:04 AM

Way to go, Code Geass. You had one of the few absolutely perfect endings in anime out there, and you've just gone and ruined it.

It was a you decide ending if he is alive or dead so i don't see how they ruined it.

Edited by DeathGodMack, 29 November 2016 - 05:11 AM.

Posted Image

#6 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:18 AM

How did we decide? We saw the stab, blood, and the moment he stopped breathing. We even had a flash-forward..

ナルサク

#7 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:35 AM

How did we decide? We saw the stab, blood, and the moment he stopped breathing. We even had a flash-forward..

He wasn't proven to be dead,plus if i recall people who worked on the show said the ending was a open one.He could have his fathers code.

Posted Image

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

It was a you decide ending if he is alive or dead so i don't see how they ruined it.

YES THANK YOU I'm not the only one who ships Lelouch/Kallen those two look so good together while others ship him with CC.  When will the new anime premiere?

Edited by Gravenimage, 29 November 2016 - 01:47 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:50 PM

The Zero Requiem was only as powerful as it was because Lelouch died to bring peace to the world, sacrificing himself for a greater purpose. The possibility was there that he had survived in secret, but that's all it was: a possibility. The show lightly suggested that he could still be alive, but was careful to not confirm it - because confirming it would have completely nullifified Lelouch's final sacrifice and destroyed whatever emotional weight it had carried. Which would have been poor storytelling. The ambiguity behind his survival was important in making the ending work.

Now, it's not just a possibility anymore that Lelouch survived, it's fact. The ambiguity is gone. And this retroactively takes what made the Zero Requiem a smart, amazing ending, and severely undermines it. The emotional weight behind Lelouch's sacrifice is now gone, Code Geass's perfect ending now tarnished. All for the sake of money and cheap fanservice.

Edited by CloudMountainJuror, 29 November 2016 - 10:09 PM.

AboojTi.gif

#10 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:09 PM

Yeah I'm with you on that one buddy. :mellow: Lelouch's sacrifice and VERY STRONG moral message from the series has been undermined if he is revived. It just seems pointless except for cash-cow purposes. Anyway, I'm not discouraging anyone from being excited about theis new anime, only that the emotional impact from the ending is negated pretty much. Plus, a "reviving the dead" premise seems out of place in this setting 

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 November 2016 - 12:00 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#11 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:02 AM

Can we please stop reviving anime that already ended? Just focus on the new ones. Don't be surprised if Cowboy Bebop comes back now.

#12 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:13 AM

Cowboy Bebop most likely won't come back....it ended with the story being great all the way...I hope they leave it alone.

Code Geass coming back...ughhhh whyyyy?!!! I feel conflicted like it's good but not

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#13 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

Let's be serious for a minute. The creators never stated that Lelouch was dead in such a manner that his revival was impossible. 

Some people insist that they did, but they didn't. If you find me a quote from Goro Taniguchi himself saying that Lelouch is dead or any clear answer to a directly stated question about Lelouch's fate, I'll buy that person a random game on Steam. 

People always refer to sources which are either not authoritative or do not actually respond to a question about Lelouch's status. Okouchi's quotes are answering other questions and would still be valid if Lelouch woke up the next day and realized he was still alive.
It hasn't happened, so treating this like some sort of slap against a purely imaginary "100% certain confirmation" is not justified. 

Not to mention that there are in fact Sunrise statements saying that Lelouch's fate was left open to interpretation as well as other hints (the cart driver smiles in the light novel version after C.C.'s lines).

Besides, the title is "Resurrection" so even if Lelouch died it's clear they can literally resort to Geass-related means in order to bring him back to life.

That aside, I didn't ask for a sequel. But I'll be reasonable and watch before judging. There's no need to get too bothered or emotional about this, either way. 

Edited by DeathGodMack, 02 December 2016 - 03:47 AM.

Posted Image

#14 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:13 PM

Next thing you know there will be a death note sequel.

I was one of the people that thought he was alive but I never thought there would be a sequel. Anyway I'll just think of this season as "what if".

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#15 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:47 PM

Let's be serious for a minute. The creators never stated that Lelouch was dead in such a manner that his revival was impossible. 

Some people insist that they did, but they didn't. If you find me a quote from Goro Taniguchi himself saying that Lelouch is dead or any clear answer to a directly stated question about Lelouch's fate, I'll buy that person a random game on Steam. 

People always refer to sources which are either not authoritative or do not actually respond to a question about Lelouch's status. Okouchi's quotes are answering other questions and would still be valid if Lelouch woke up the next day and realized he was still alive. The Animesuki quotes are not firm statements of his status. 

It hasn't happened, so treating this like some sort of slap against a purely imaginary "100% certain confirmation" is not justified. 

Not to mention that there are in fact Sunrise statements saying that Lelouch's fate was left open to interpretation as well as other hints (the cart driver smiles in the light novel version after C.C.'s lines).

Besides, the title is "Resurrection" so even if Lelouch died it's clear they can literally resort to Geass-related means in order to bring him back to life.

That aside, I didn't ask for a sequel. But I'll be reasonable and watch before judging. There's no need to get too bothered or emotional about this, either way. 

I think you're misinterpreting what it is about this situation that we're actually upset about. It doesn't matter what the creators have said. It doesn't matter if they've never officially debunked Lelouch's potential survival/revival - that's not the issue at hand here. Heck, if anything, their refusal to definitively say whether he's alive or not was commendable, and totally in line with R2's ending. It's a question that never should have been answered.

No, the issue at hand is this: explicitly confirming, in canon, that Lelouch continued to live beyond the Zero Requiem drains R2's ending of nearly all of its emotional resonance. That's the problem. Even if season 3 ends up being good, barring some unfathomable miracle, R2's ending will still be tarnished by the mere confirmation that Lelouch is alive (for reasons why, I refer you back to my previous post). We're still going to lose one of the best endings in anime. I think that's very much worth being bothered and emotional about.

Edited by CloudMountainJuror, 01 December 2016 - 11:12 PM.

AboojTi.gif

#16 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:39 AM

NT Jan 2017 cover (will Lelouch and CC dominate the ratings once more?)

e6Y4b5f.jpg

Yp330yZ.gif

#17 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:05 AM

The pv is subbed. I added it to the first post.

Posted Image

#18 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:31 PM

*sigh* I still can't believe that Lelouch never died (or will be reawakened). I wouldn't have minded it if this was sequel about Nunnally and Suzaku reigning over the new era. Or somwthing likw that. Just don't bring Lelouch back like that out of all a sudden.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#19 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

At the end of the day, you can't really do a good Code Geass story without Lelouch. Just can't be done. So bringing him back was inevitable. 

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#20 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

Any release dates?

ナルサク

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users