Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

1) Erina (3350 votes)
2) Hisako (3081)
3) Alice (3042)

Three of my favourite characters made top three...well Rindou intrigues as well me but happy with the list, specially Hisako's placing.

iAnby7W.gif

#2822 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

Wow how Far Soma has dropped. I guess fans must have have been pissed at his rematch with Hayama :lmao: But in all seriousness, I'm happy Erina is in first, though I thought Soma would be in Second place, third a worst. We need the King and Queen together afterall :hehehe:  :love:

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 February 2017 - 05:23 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2823 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

Erina I can understand this arc is almost all about her she had some amazing development but Hisako and Alice over Soma!!? DAMN WTF!!! :wacko: . They've barely done anything, sure they supported Erina and all that but still they didn't had much screen time or done anything over the top, I wonder if their popularity suddenly rise up bc they got expelled or is this really the result of the Soma vs Hayama battle!? God knows even I hated how that sh#t was written, worst of the worst  :hm: .   

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2824 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:39 PM

Indeed :yes:

#2825 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:08 PM

Erina I can understand this arc is almost all about her she had some amazing development but Hisako and Alice over Soma!!? DAMN WTF!!! :wacko: . They've barely done anything, sure they supported Erina and all that but still they didn't had much screen time or done anything over the top, I wonder if their popularity suddenly rise up bc they got expelled or is this really the result of the Soma vs Hayama battle!? God knows even I hated how that sh#t was written, worst of the worst  :hm: .

Personally speaking, I think it's due to Hisako's character development which has gone up by leaps and bounds. And secretly, I'm hoping that the ones who voted her to 2nd are my fellow SouHisa shippers. I think the reason why Erina has tight competition against her is because mostly of how overdone her plotline is.

Whereas Hisako has something that makes her "normal" in comparison, even to Megumi. Even her relationship with Soma is very relaxed.

Edited by Codus N, 18 February 2017 - 11:09 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2826 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:47 AM

I prefer her relationship with Erina...and Erina beat her in the polls with alot of points...so I wouldn't say it was tied...lol Hisako was just there for me and I believe her popularity is due to the anime where we get to know more about her and how she cares for Erina. Her relationship with Souma is just friendly to me since not much has happened lately.

Alice got a high rating which I understand because she stood up against Azami and showed how she felt about her cousin even though she doesn't want to admit plus her personality is very similar to Souma as chill as she can be about everything lol

Souma shocked me....I thought the fanservice would have given him points xD

Erina plotline isn't overdone because of how little she showed up since its not about her but we knew she would have HUGE storyline, it has been foreshadowed all the way to the beginning. We are slowly learning about her and seeing her grow slowly which is very good to see. She's like the Kagura (Gintama) of the series who's past is very important to the plot after so many waiting for character development which is nice because it shows her importance to the story and why she was given moments where the audience wonder what was her importance.

At least that is hpw I see it xD

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#2827 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

Personally speaking, I think it's due to Hisako's character development which has gone up by leaps and bounds. And secretly, I'm hoping that the ones who voted her to 2nd are my fellow SouHisa shippers. I think the reason why Erina has tight competition against her is because mostly of how overdone her plotline is.

Whereas Hisako has something that makes her "normal" in comparison, even to Megumi. Even her relationship with Soma is very relaxed.

I can understand all of that and  its true she had some good development too (SouHisa is my 2nd ship too :pimp: ), but still its nothing over the top that would put her so high and ahead of the MC Soma same for Alice (although I like her too very much) . I'm curious doing what period this poll was conduct going from the previous poll till now it might give us some answers :ermm:

Edited by FireFox, 19 February 2017 - 01:19 PM.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2828 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:21 PM

I prefer her relationship with Erina...and Erina beat her in the polls with alot of points...so I wouldn't say it was tied...lol Hisako was just there for me and I believe her popularity is due to the anime where we get to know more about her and how she cares for Erina. Her relationship with Souma is just friendly to me since not much has happened lately.
Alice got a high rating which I understand because she stood up against Azami and showed how she felt about her cousin even though she doesn't want to admit plus her personality is very similar to Souma as chill as she can be about everything lol
Souma shocked me....I thought the fanservice would have given him points xD
Erina plotline isn't overdone because of how little she showed up since its not about her but we knew she would have HUGE storyline, it has been foreshadowed all the way to the beginning. We are slowly learning about her and seeing her grow slowly which is very good to see. She's like the Kagura (Gintama) of the series who's past is very important to the plot after so many waiting for character development which is nice because it shows her importance to the story and why she was given moments where the audience wonder what was her importance.
At least that is hpw I see it xD

No.... Just. NO.

I'll tell you why her plotline is so friggin generic. She's basically a Mary Sue of the Sympatethic variety. And that does not make her any endearing at all. She's an all too perfect character with a background we've seen millions of times to somehow justify her attitude throughout the series and try to make people feel sorry for her.

If you consider her tsuntsun moments part of her charm, I completely disagree. It's just a way for the author to make her look "normal", when in fact, it doesn't. And finally, I'm very much against SouEri because of the main fact of how hypocritical it is. Not the characters themselves, but the way their patriarchs are involved in this.

Jou and Sen seemingly have this idea of getting those two together, but what difference does it make against Azami's upbringing of Erina? They're doing nothing but manipulating these kids' feelings, which honestly does not make them better than Azami.

Edited by Codus N, 19 February 2017 - 02:26 PM.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2829 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

I might not be a SouHisa Shipper, but I find their friendship the best in the manga, it feels realistic, like something I have with some of my friends, not exaggerated, just grounded...it's really refreshing to read.

Wow how Far Soma has dropped. I guess fans must have have been pissed at his rematch with Hayama :lmao: But in all seriousness, I'm happy Erina is in first, though I thought Soma would be in Second place, third a worst. We need the King and Queen together afterall :hehehe:  :love:

If you look at the number of votes compared to the previous year, that's what surprised me further, they've dropped by almost 50%, quite a drop. You can understand Alices rise after her interaction with Azami, the way she stood up to him, won her allot of fans, she looked pretty badarse then. Similar with Hisako, her devotion to Erina is commendable, and I expect allot of fans like me find her friendship with Souma very refreshing, it feels natural and refreshing to read.

As for Souma, well I don't think the battle with Hayama helped him much, and his charactor doesn't feel like he's grown as much as the others, so he's not had the same impact as he's had in the previous years, so you can understand him dropping slightly.

iAnby7W.gif

#2830 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

No.... Just. NO.
I'll tell you why her plotline is so friggin generic. She's basically a Mary Sue of the Sympatethic variety. And that does not make her any endearing at all. She's an all too perfect character with a background we've seen millions of times to somehow justify her attitude throughout the series and try to make people feel sorry for her.
If you consider her tsuntsun moments part of her charm, I completely disagree. It's just a way for the author to make her look "normal", when in fact, it doesn't. And finally, I'm very much against SouEri because of the main fact of how hypocritical it is. Not the characters themselves, but the way their patriarchs are involved in this.
Jou and Sen seemingly have this idea of getting those two together, but what difference does it make against Azami's upbringing of Erina? They're doing nothing but manipulating these kids' feelings, which honestly does not make them better than Azami.

Lol what?

Her back story isn't generic in any way. She's not a Mary Sue at all - she was raised by an abusive father to attain the skills she has, she wasn't gifted anything for no reason. She's not a perfect character at all, if you were paying attention to he actual story in any facet, then you would realize that her struggle is one where her father expected her to achieve perfection, yet is shown that she has flaws and is okay to have them, which is in part where Souma comes in. She is expected to be perfect, but Souma and others show her it's okay to be normal, which is when her tsundere side shows.

You can not like the ship, but try to do better than to come up with that "hypocritical" bs. They didn't stick them together to be instant lovers - they were trying to help Erina gain friends, which she was able to do thanks to Souma. To compare Jouchiro and her grandfather to Azami shows is absurd, and shows an incredible lack of handle on the narrative. They are nothing like Azami, and the notion that you put forth that they are is disturbing.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#2831 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:49 PM

No.... Just. NO.

Right now, no one is talking about romance, I don't remember if I did put it though..the way I see it as it being told is the others are trying to grow and help her along the way to stop Azami and make her less fearful.

Her tsuntsun moments weren't there as much as people claimed it was, it has been shown that she has flaws and doesn't really know how to interact with people in general but she has been polite and mellowed out around Souma even though in the beginning she wanted him gone and failed him unfairly.

We may have seen a past similar to hers (I haven't because most were vague) also we are to think she's perfect because she comes from a very prodigious family and we know how that can be from other anime. She is also learning how to change which is her reason for development. I may have worded this wrong, so sorry for that and I'm not gonna try to change your mind or anything, I just wanted to put my thoughts.

Also as I said, the adults were there for they can help her, not necessarily to put them together in a romantic sense. If it happens, it happens and if it doesn't, it doesn't. I don't mind anything

Joui Four

#2832 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:14 PM

LOL :lmao:

eShepUF.jpg

Yp330yZ.gif

#2833 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

Yes the Protagonist is still you Soma but the queen (and your future wife lol) is Erina :fu:

the new chapter was awesome! Erina is showing her resolve. I just hope they don't destroy it :mellow:

#2834 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:31 AM

Yes the Protagonist is still you Soma but the queen (and your future wife lol) is Erina :fu:

the new chapter was awesome! Erina is showing her resolve. I just hope they don't destroy it :mellow:

I don't think so, she might be the one who will win it for them

Joui Four

#2835 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:00 AM

I hope so :smile:

#2836 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Right now, no one is talking about romance, I don't remember if I did put it though..the way I see it as it being told is the others are trying to grow and help her along the way to stop Azami and make her less fearful.
Her tsuntsun moments weren't there as much as people claimed it was, it has been shown that she has flaws and doesn't really know how to interact with people in general but she has been polite and mellowed out around Souma even though in the beginning she wanted him gone and failed him unfairly.
We may have seen a past similar to hers (I haven't because most were vague) also we are to think she's perfect because she comes from a very prodigious family and we know how that can be from other anime. She is also learning how to change which is her reason for development. I may have worded this wrong, so sorry for that and I'm not gonna try to change your mind or anything, I just wanted to put my thoughts.
Also as I said, the adults were there for they can help her, not necessarily to put them together in a romantic sense. If it happens, it happens and if it doesn't, it doesn't. I don't mind anything

Yes, and that only happened after she found out he was Jouichirou's son. I feel like it's downright hypocritical. It's the same thing as that character you see in series where that one person badmouths somebody but then does a sudden attitude change as soon as he/she learns the one he/she's been badmouthing is the child of his/her hero. Souma/Erina is practically a joke.

But I've sadly resigned myself to accept this pairing. Doesn't mean I support it, though.

Lol what?
Her back story isn't generic in any way. She's not a Mary Sue at all - she was raised by an abusive father to attain the skills she has, she wasn't gifted anything for no reason. She's not a perfect character at all, if you were paying attention to he actual story in any facet, then you would realize that her struggle is one where her father expected her to achieve perfection, yet is shown that she has flaws and is okay to have them, which is in part where Souma comes in. She is expected to be perfect, but Souma and others show her it's okay to be normal, which is when her tsundere side shows.
You can not like the ship, but try to do better than to come up with that "hypocritical" bs. They didn't stick them together to be instant lovers - they were trying to help Erina gain friends, which she was able to do thanks to Souma. To compare Jouchiro and her grandfather to Azami shows is absurd, and shows an incredible lack of handle on the narrative. They are nothing like Azami, and the notion that you put forth that they are is disturbing.

Come on, it's practically a staple to write off the alpha b*tch's attitude as being attributed to an abusive past. And latest chapter prove she is indeed a Mary Sue by being able to attain an E10 seat since middle school which honestly, is ridiculous. It's pretty much the same as Erza slicing that meteor off. Now that she's learning Jouichiro's "deconstruction", she's pretty much got hax.

If that's the case, then why did Sen go to Souma specifically and even asked Jouichiro to enroll him? Why couldn't he have asked the whole Polaris dorm to help Erina instead? Why did it have to be specifically him? If that's not Sen trying to set them up I don't know what is. I could've accepted it if there was a bit of foreshadowing like Erina having a forgotten childhood friend in Souma when Jouichiro visited.

Azami is far worse, but that doesn't make them better than him by a mile if they're trying to manipulate their feelings.

I will give credit to her development in the last chapter, but that's it.

I might not be a SouHisa Shipper, but I find their friendship the best in the manga, it feels realistic, like something I have with some of my friends, not exaggerated, just grounded...it's really refreshing to read.

I definitely like the idea of friends who don't realize they've fallen for each other until they realize it. There's also something to be gained from shipping her with Souma. Her one flaw as has been pointed out is putting Erina on a pedestal and refusing to advance herself and outpace her. Souma suggested her to just be friends with an equal relationship, and that's fine...for now.

I definitely would like her to have the realization that she's also fallen for him when she realizes Erina has too. Just once in her lifetime, she wants to be selfish towards Erina. Seeing her proudly stating her feelings for Souma to her and challenging Erina that she doesn't want to lose to her would probably be the peak of her development.

Edited by Codus N, 01 March 2017 - 12:21 PM.

248793.jpg

#2837 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

As for Souma, well I don't think the battle with Hayama helped him much, and his character doesn't feel like he's grown as much as the others, so he's not had the same impact as he's had in the previous years, so you can understand him dropping slightly.

Has his personality even grown that much since the manga started?

#2838 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:30 AM

Not particularly

#2839 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

Has his personality even grown that much since the manga started?

Personality? No he's still the same goofball, but his character has grown quite a bit, he's learnt to appreciate his opponent, and no underestimate them, he's learnt from his defeats, he's continued to grow as a character and skill, walking his own path instead of just trying to emulate and catch up to his old man.

Was a good chapter this week, Erina gone all Tsundere again, and Souma continues to push her.

'If I'm you shrine, you should worship me properly' Ohhh Erina whoever knew she could be so bold. What would she do if Souma took her up on that offer?

iAnby7W.gif

#2840 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

Personality? No he's still the same goofball, but his character has grown quite a bit, he's learnt to appreciate his opponent, and no underestimate them, he's learnt from his defeats, he's continued to grow as a character and skill, walking his own path instead of just trying to emulate and catch up to his old man.

Was a good chapter this week, Erina gone all Tsundere again, and Souma continues to push her.

'If I'm you shrine, you should worship me properly' Ohhh Erina whoever knew she could be so bold. What would she do if Souma took her up on that offer?

I liked how she got excited over standing up to her dad, I miss her and Soma fighting and you could feel their friendship in it this time

Joui Four

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users