#1 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

Santa Clara, CA just passed a law banning happy meals from having toys in an effort to reduce child obesity. I was shocked mainly because I used to love getting the toys in my happy meals when I was a kid, and the fact that it didn't make me fat at all. The government has better things to worry about than passing these kind of laws.

And I go to McDonalds for their delicious fries and their 1/3 lbs angus burger...mmmmmm. I miss being able to supersize my food. I think parents need to make more of an effort to get their kids active. I rarely see kids at playgrounds anymore.

Link Here

#2 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

Ok...

Why banned the toys? The toys have nothing to do with child obesity. Do kids eat the toys now? rolleyes.gif C'mon now...

Its the FOOD! And plus the parents' fault for being lazy for not cooking for the family and taking their kids to fast food restuarants almost every single day.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

I can;t eat McDonalds anymore because I found out I am allergic to Soy oil that theur stuff is cooked in, but I remember when getting toys in the happy meals was like...Christmas morning.

I remember eating so many happy meals to gain the Teeny Beany babies and other colletables.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#4 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

I hate McDonald's anyways. It's FAT not the toys, geez the government these days...

#5 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

I WANT MY HAPPY MEAL TOY!! rawr.gif (filled with childhood rage)

Edited by Uzumakikage, 29 April 2010 - 06:36 PM.

#6 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

Aww I used to love collecting the toys when I was young sad.gif but since I've grown out of that phase and I never eat McDonalds, it doesn't really affect me that much.

#7 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

I actually hate Mc Donald's Happy Meals, but I love the Junior Meal at Goody's... Anyway, toys are so much fun!! (even though I'm quite old for toys XD) But banning them? That doesn't make sense... I agree with Derock...!!

#8 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

Well, there MUST be a correlation between the toys and eating McDonald's. I mean, it's basically incentive for the kids to buy McDonald's food in the first place. Of course, the parents must teach their kids not to eat too much of the stuff at least....

#9 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

Jeez. I mean, I guess the toys encourage more Happy Meals being bought, but come on! The parents should just not take them out to eat as much! I used to love those toys sad.gif

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#10 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Sometimes it's still worth it to get the toys if they're collectible. Like when they did the star wars toys. I got a couple of those. But once you think about it if the parents take their kids to McDonalds what do you think they kids are going to want even if there was no toy?

Salad or McNuggets/Burger
Water/Juice or Coke

It's still a choice. I was more shocked that the California city government spent their time and money passing this legislation when their state as a whole is in so much debt. I'm sure there are better things for them to be fighting over.

I'd like to see kids actually outside playing again. Whatever happened to just letting kids go outside and play on their own? Being fit and healthy is a lifestyle that the govt should not be trying to regulate. It goes beyond the toys, even though I think kids should still have the enjoyment I got out of happy meals as a kid. It's part of being a kid. smile.gif

#11 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

What I find stupid about this is.

1. Shouldn't it be the parent's decision on what the kids eat?
2. Before you could buy the happy meal toy without even getting the meal. They're not even allowing that?

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#12 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 29 2010, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I find stupid about this is.

1. Shouldn't it be the parent's decision on what the kids eat?
2. Before you could buy the happy meal toy without even getting the meal. They're not even allowing that?

Parents can't say no, so they make the government do it for them. Either that or people who can (or don't have to) want to do it for other kids parents who can't.

#13 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Apr 29 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Parents can't say no, so they make the government do it for them. Either that or people who can (or don't have to) want to do it for other kids parents who can't.

Gotcha, I see. I'm used to parents disciplining their children. Which involves telling them "no" from time to time. I guess parenting is a lot different now.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#14 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 29 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotcha, I see. I'm used to parents disciplining their children. Which involves telling them "no" from time to time. I guess parenting is a lot different now.

That's what I'm used to as well. And I agree with you on the stupidity of this law. It's pathetic on multiple levels.

#15 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:10 AM

Interesting. Interesting... rawr.gif people shouldn't be eating that anyways! ... I usually just got the toys from my friends who didn't want them, since I wasn't allowed to eat it wow.png I loved them... I still have this Sunshine Care Bear keychain... so cute.
meh.

#16 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

... Um, don't toys usually get kids to, you know, have physical activity? Isn't that what playing means? I mean, when I was little, I'd take my toys everywhere, usually playgrounds.

*Sigh*

I will never understand government. If they're worried about obesity, why don't they outlaw the extreme sized adult meals and have only happy meal sized portions? I mean, it's a small soda, fries, and like, six mcnuggets. Maybe even four. That's not going to make you fat. A deep fried fish sandwich slathered in mayo, a large coke, and large fries is what makes you fat.

#17 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 29 2010, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My dad never gets me McDonalds fu.png he's a no fat/sugar guy xD how's that for parenting? Now my mom is a completely different story >.> personally I'd take apples over McDonalds anyday.
Yet, what's so bad about the toys? Geez, I mean come on :| it's like Nate said, people need to learn to say no.

#18 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Apr 29 2010, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will never understand government. If they're worried about obesity, why don't they outlaw the extreme sized adult meals and have only happy meal sized portions? I mean, it's a small soda, fries, and like, six mcnuggets. Maybe even four. That's not going to make you fat. A deep fried fish sandwich slathered in mayo, a large coke, and large fries is what makes you fat.

Child obesity (or obesity in general) only happen, as I explain in my last post, when you go to the place every single day, without a daily exercise/diet. Not once or twice a week/month. Ordering the same meal for the kids (excluding changing or adding variety -as in the choices Mc Donalds have for the Happy Meal such as the apple dippers or juice-) every day instead providing variety in choices, not to mention there are groceries at home that are now probably either wasted or unhealthy in a balance diet, or there's a fact of spending money on fast food instead of saving, or then parents are being lazy or don't know how to cook...

ok, stopping now...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#19 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:29 AM

Eats my angus, fries, and shake, did i miss something? pictureem0.gif

I'll let you decide what i ate for supper. fu.png

@Derock, what kind of home cooking you talking about? smile.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 30 April 2010 - 05:51 AM.

#20 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:22 PM

My nephews seem to eat less because there to busy trying to play with the toy. Honestly most of the food there is not to bad it's just how much people order then don't go and be active.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users