• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:15 PM

http://www.thedailyb...pervillain.html

This is in the cannon storyline folks he has been Hydra all along. It's also in poor taste since the Capt. creators where two Jewish men that wanted him to be a symbol of hope for their people during WW2. He even punched Hittler in the face in one of the comics front pages during that era. I feel betrayed by the writers and is sickening to me that you turned a Jewish Golem into a fracking Nazi for click bait or sales. Cries!

Edited by Ryriena, 26 May 2016 - 10:18 PM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#2 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:23 PM

haha, and here I thought that Doctor oc possessing Peter body was insulting. Just because you're out of good ideas doesn't mean you get the right to do such OOC BS. I could expect that from shadier characters like Black widow or Iron man. But this feels like outright character assassination.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#3 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:57 PM

haha, and here I thought that Doctor oc possessing Peter body was insulting. Just because you're out of good ideas doesn't mean you get the right to do such OOC BS. I could expect that from shadier characters like Black widow or Iron man. But this feels like outright character assassination.

It really does feel like Character Assassination. It's just doesn't feel right and I literally cried with my fandom and has officially declared that Nick Spencer is a idiot and should be fired. He is basically saying I have been supporting nazism my whole life, since I'm an American with disabilities I would have been killed and experimented on by Dr Mangel or worse killed in the camps by the Nazis.

Edited by Ryriena, 26 May 2016 - 11:00 PM.

Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.

#4 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:11 PM

http://www.thedailyb...pervillain.html

This is in the cannon storyline folks he has been Hydra all along. It's also in poor taste since the Capt. creators where two Jewish men that wanted him to be a symbol of hope for their people during WW2. He even punched Hittler in the face in one of the comics front pages during that era. I feel betrayed by the writers and is sickening to me that you turned a Jewish Golem into a fracking Nazi for click bait or sales. Cries!

Cannon died with original universe for me, the only light of hope  Deadpool being an Avenger.

#5 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:30 AM

They could rebooted it, thus retconed it like usual.

#6 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Anime/Manga - Gaming

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

It's still stupid

#7 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

oh trust me. Once they realize people are not going to budge, they will completely take back the stance this is legit and come up with a convenient excuse, like "this is a impostor" or "Captain america was working undercover", or something like that. 

#8 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:15 PM

oh trust me. Once they realize people are not going to budge, they will completely take back the stance this is legit and come up with a convenient excuse, like "this is a impostor" or "Captain america was working undercover", or something like that. 

They've confirmed in interviews that it's no impostor, brainwash etc. I don't get that since if this is a good plot for them they should keep the mystery of it. smh.

It's probably going to be undercover. Which doesn't make sense ofc, Cap is not someone Hydra would trust. He's famous, honest, and his honourable ways are well known. He's sort of an open book and I'm sure even enemies know him enough to know that he would never join hydra. It would be better to have someone that's not a celebrity and perhaps a bit shady, in case it's undercover.

Or maybe MCU is just gonna ignore this storyline, since there is not just one continuity in the universe.

ナルサク

#9 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Anime/Manga - Gaming

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:55 PM

Captain-America-punches-Hitler.jpg they are going to have a hard time explaining this away!

#10 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:07 PM

The collapse of Naruto taught to try and limit my emotional connection to such things because you never know when the rug might be pulled from under you.

I'm not a avid comic reader (especially of Marvel) so I can't say I really care about this.

That said, I think it plays out one of two ways:

(1) Kind of like the OJ If I did it book...  If Cap was evil this is how it would go. A "what if" scenario that's ultimately relegated to a side adventure either by design or by an attempt to save face.

(2) He's "evil" because a stand in for Donald Trump runs the country and he's ultimately going to fight for what America really should stand for or something like that. Or same variation of that theme.

Spencer's the same guy who wrote comic going after immigration opponents and then said it wasn't meant to be political. Whatever, you say dood. So yeah, I'm expecting political commentary, especially given the timing of the change.

#11 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Anime/Manga - Gaming

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:38 PM

I'm still pissy about this whole thing and goes against everything he stands for /: and very disrespectful to the jewish creators Jack and Joe.

#12 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:44 PM

It's funny. Somebody said that it's telling when a Japanese understands and writes superheroes better than the Americans do. And the irony in it is that Cap was born out of military propaganda against Allies' enemies in WWII (well, primarily the Nazis, but this would also extend to their Allies, the Japanese.)

BTW, I'm not talking about OPM here. Go read ch. 92 of a certain manga *cough*.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#13 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:13 PM

It's funny. Somebody said that it's telling when a Japanese understands and writes superheroes better than the Americans do. And the irony in it is that Cap was born out of military propaganda against Allies' enemies in WWII (well, primarily the Nazis, but this would also extend to their Allies, the Japanese.)
BTW, I'm not talking about OPM here. Go read ch. 92 of a certain manga *cough*.

Not gonna claim that I know much about American comics, but Captain America was not born out of military propaganda against Allied enemies. He was created by Jews, for Jews, as a symbol of strength and hope for oppressed Jews.

Honestly, while dumb, i can understand why they wanted to change things up. It's a creative spin on things, and hell, the amount of controversy over this is exactly what they wanted, it brings them attention, which was the point of the whole thing to begin with. SJW's may be adamant against the new storyline online, but I highly doubt many are going to drop the series over it.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#14 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

Really? My mistake then.

P.S.: AM's death is going to hit like a freight train on fire and it will be glorious to see *sobs*.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#15 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

Expect a twist to follow.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#16 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:23 PM

Not gonna claim that I know much about American comics, but Captain America was not born out of military propaganda against Allied enemies. He was created by Jews, for Jews, as a symbol of strength and hope for oppressed Jews.

Honestly, while dumb, i can understand why they wanted to change things up. It's a creative spin on things, and hell, the amount of controversy over this is exactly what they wanted, it brings them attention, which was the point of the whole thing to begin with. SJW's may be adamant against the new storyline online, but I highly doubt many are going to drop the series over it.

I don't mind if the writers try to add creative new ideas for the comic characters. But in this case it's not just whiny butthurt leftists complaining about a hero turned villain. From a general writing perspective, it makes no sense. Why hydra cover agent would foil their plans time and again?

It's like if the americans had this spy to infiltrate a insurgent group and gain intel, and then when they are finally ready to strike, said spy gets in the way of the mission and screw everything over. Are we to truly believe said spy is still loyal after all he did? Captain america being a hydra agent after foiling their plans so many times makes as much sense as Spider man being the kingpin right hand man.

#17 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:34 PM

Been nearly a year and I'm still disgusted with what they have done to Captain America.

#18 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:51 PM

Been nearly a year and I'm still disgusted with what they have done to Captain America.

Did we found out what it was? Like why he became Hydra? Was it an alternative universe or genjutsu or what? No version of Steve would do this ..

Edited by sushi., 04 April 2017 - 10:51 PM.

ナルサク

#19 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:54 PM

Did we found out what it was? Like why he became Hydra? Was it an alternative universe or genjutsu or what? No version of Steve would do this ..

The Cosmic Cube 

https://graphicpolic...lk-about-hydra/

#20 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

Well just when you thought Marvel couldn't sink any lower with hydra cap this happens http://www.polygon.c...n-america-hydra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users