#81 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

http://28.media.tumb...9dh3o1_1280.png
This is only semi-related, but I didn't think it actually deserved it's own thread.. so, what do you guys think? Can an upstart company just go ahead and lay claim to a meteorite and all precious metals it might harbor?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#82 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 30 2010, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure there are other oxygen-capable planets out there capable of hosting life.

Massive assumption there, no offense. Assumes non-Earth species are warm-blooded, Carbon-based, and breath Oxygen like we do. For all we know, they could be cold-blooded, Silicon-based, and breath Argon. The remake of Andromeda Strain gives a good example with a Sulfar-based organisim and the original film had a crystal based organisim that consumed raw energy (like hard radiation).
QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jul 27 2010, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Area 51 is not an UFO base, or an UFO experimental thingy...it is merely a base in which US corporations work hand in hand with the USAF to create the latest in technology. Oh and is not called Area 51, it is called The Groom Lake military Base in Nevada.

True, its just the diversion to keep attention from the real secret bases.

And you forgot about the infamous Aurora plane.
QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 27 2010, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You forgot to say "look at the little red dot and say cheese". tongue.gif

Its a blue dot now.

As for me...*looks around shiftily*...I'm staying quiet for now, lol. Still, there is one good show that goes around trying to disprove videos, 'Fact Or Fake: Paranormal Files'. One of the most infamous videos (Episode 2) shows a creature that couldn't be disproven by experts at faking things nor explained via exploring the local area. Same kind of critter then showed up in a second video in a later episode.
http://en.wikipedia....aranormal_Files

As to why they could be here, visiting this planet....look at our rate of technological development. It is very possible we could scare them. Our tech growth rate is outpacing our maturity growth rate as a species. Humans are a violence prone race, so they would probably be right in fearing what would happen if our tech kept racing ahead as it is and we manage to get out there into space alongside them.

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Mar 26 2011, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the hybrid theory just seems a little too ridiculous. However, it is pretty intriguing that former military personnel are now coming forward claiming to have knowledge about aliens and the crash near Roswell and UFO sightings.

There are actually theories that would make interbreeding possible.
1.) They are really hyper-evolved humans from the distant future.
2.) We are the descendants of a colony or something of theirs.
3.) In the distant past, we were modified to be genetically compatible.
4.) We have a common ancestor, thus making our species genetically compatible.
5.) They use hyper-advanced genetic science to merge our DNA with theirs in a lab.

Shall I go on?
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#83 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Apr 25 2012, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://28.media.tumb...9dh3o1_1280.png
This is only semi-related, but I didn't think it actually deserved it's own thread.. so, what do you guys think? Can an upstart company just go ahead and lay claim to a meteorite and all precious metals it might harbor?

Yup...if they have the money, and technology capable of mining a meteorite.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users