• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

OK, so this is something I've been wanting to do for a while. but I really haven't gotten into it because of how sensitive it can be. However, I will try to immerse myself into this topic while being as polite as possible. I can't say that bashing will not happen, but I will make my best of efforts to stay away from it. I don't know which kind of words can be taken as so, so I will address this very carefully (or at least try to).

Now, something I have always wanted to write about is about the possible pairing in Naruto and how each pairing would work in a relationship.  This is a touchy subject because it may borderline in bashing of either characters or pairing, but try to bear with me, since I want to try and visualize these pairing in a possible future, and of course, I'm more than willing to edit my post to correct anything that would be seen as plain bashing. Also, I admit that I did a bit of a copy paste (credits to their original sources like Narutopedia btw), so there are some things which are repeated but its for the sake of organization.

Now, since this might be a very long post, I will only focus on the three main pairing that people usually support in Naruto: NaruHina, SasuSaku and NaruSaku.

A-NaruHina: OK, so here we have Naruto and Hinata. This is one of the favorite couples of the western culture and some of their fans can be very vocal about it. However, let's not focus on the fanbase, but on how would Naruto work with Hinata.
First of all, let's look at their characteristics:

Naruto Uzumaki - Exuberant, brash, inattentive, and heedless to formality or social standings,  relatively naive, simple, and being slow to understand a principle or situation. However, during the course of the manga, he has shown improvement over many of these characteristics. When Naruto makes a promise, he assumes the "nice guy pose" and becomes dedicated to fulfilling it. When Sasuke defected from Konoha, Naruto made a "promise of a lifetime" to Sakura to bring him back, using the "nice guy pose". He shares many other qualities, but this just a brief summary.

Hinata Hyuuga - Hinata is characterized as shy, thoughtful, serene, kind, and very polite, as noted from her always addressing people with proper honorifics. She is also very gentle, a trait that Neji and her father used to consider a flaw, and dislikes competing and fighting. She is shown to be incredibly empathetic, and, because of her upbringing, is one of the very first characters who identifies with Naruto's painful childhood and desire to be acknowledged.

Now then, here we have two characters who are opposite poles in some of their characteristics. This may work, since sometimes, opposites attract each other, but let's say that as of the present, the decide to establish a relationship. I'm going to touch five qualities and compare to see how much they have progressed in each one:

1-Trust - Does Naruto trusts Hinata? Well, is we speak about fellow ninja, then he did admitted that she was very strong and he even thanked her from her encouragement words. There is no doubt about that. Apart from that, we could say that the trust he has in her is pretty much the trust he shares with other members from Konoha 11.
Does Hinata trusts Naruto? Well, this might have been subject of some debates because some people say that Hinata doesn't believe in Naruto. But he has been the source of inspiration for her so we can say that there is an amount of trust from her towards him.

2-Care - Does Naruto cares for Hinata? Well, once again, we're pretty much limited to what we've seen on the manga. He did encouraged her in the chunnin exams and he did question why Hinata placed herself in danger during the pain arc. So of course, we can also say that Naruto does care for her. However, we can't say that he cares for her in a romantic sense because there is no evidence in the manga to support it.
As for Hinata, well, not much to discuss. Even if its in her own shyness, she does care for Naruto. This has been also questioned by some fans, but she does share her nindo with him and she also supports the idea of him becoming Hokage. So even though it may be subject to debate, Hinata does care for Naruto.

3-Respect - As fellow shinobi, I can safely say that they both respect each other. The know that the other is strong and they do know that the other can give a good battle.

4-Knowledge - Now, here's where things begin to get a bit shaky. Apart from some history details and basic knowledge, Neither Naruto nor Hinata know much about each other. We could give many points of evidence, but let's take two chapters: The chapter where Hinata confessed to Naruto and the chapter where Sasuke arrives to assist in the 4th shinobi war.
In the first one, we see that this is finally the moment where Naruto realizes that Hinata loves him and that's because she confessed to him. During the whole course of the manga until this point, he was oblivious and unaware of Hinata's feelings for him. Now even after this point, that have had only two conversations where both have been about encouragement rather than discussion of this topic. Naruto has been so busy with many other tasks that he really doesn't know much about Hinata. Neji, Shino, And Kiba all know Hinata better than Naruto.

The same situation happens with Hinata's knowledge of Naruto. Sure, he know what he went through in his childhood, but since they really didn't interacted, there is not much Hinata knows about Naruto on a personal level. We noticed the lack of awareness/reaction when Sasuke came in. And of course, we don't have to comment on the fact that Hinata at this point should know that Naruto loves Sakura. So overall, compared to the other pairings, they don't have much knowledge about each other.

5-Communication - And here's pretty much where things collapse between Naruto and Hinata. During the whole course of the manga, the communication between them has not been big. People may say that this is because Hinata wasn't in Naruto's team, but I could say the same thing about Gaara, Shikamaru, Neji and even Rock Lee. Yet all these people have had more interaction with Naruto than Hinata. Naruto has been focused on other things and I have to say that he has not shown any romantic interest towards Hinata through the course of the manga. If he did, then don't you think that, just like he did with Sakura, he would find chances to talk to her and maybe even to go on a date? On Hinata's part, we could partly blame it on her shyness, but this went all the way to part 2, and it wasn't until the pain arc that the communication between them began to improve a bit. I won't deny that she has grown in this aspect (and while some may consider it bad writing, it has been shown that she has encouraged both Naruto and the whole alliance), but still, the communication between her and Naruto is considerably small when compared to the other pairings (we could argue that NaruHina has more interactions than SasuSaku, but that's also debatable).

Now, when looking at their future, keep in mind these questions:

-How much do they know about each other?
-Are they willing to correct each other's mistakes when necessary?
-Can we safely say that they both know each other's virtues and flaws?
-Have they demonstrated that they are willing to work for the other person's happiness?

Let's see what some Naruto fans have to say about this:

-"I think Hinata is to submissive with Naruto; and I think Hinata is more in love with Naruto's ninja-way than Naruto himself." (sushi)

-"Still because of her shyness and her lack of pushing her love for him, it might be the reason why NaruHina never came to pass. Her shyness is probably what might have killed it to begin with. The ultimate question being If she loves him, why wasn't she there when he needed someone? Well, because she wasn't there is why nothing ever grew from it. You have to plant the seeds before you can grow a forest and sadly, Hinata missed her chances." (James)

Overall, even though it may seem at first that they could be a good couple, they would need a considerable period to get to know each other and to improve their communication before they could actually consider the concept of becoming a couple (keep in mind that I'm speaking as if it would happen in real life, since the manga is on a high speed course towards the end and, unless a huge time-leap, long explanation occurs, the chances for NaruHina happening considering all these aspects are low).

B-SasuSaku: Here we have the lone wolf of the Uchiha clan and a "common girl" who initially just liked Sasuke out of admiration. Now, let's see what do we know about these two:

Sasuke Uchiha: Sasuke displayed great indifference to his team-mates as well as others. Feeling superior to all of them, including his teacher, Sasuke was unwilling to cooperate with any of his team-mates, as he felt they would provide him no aid in furthering his ambition to kill his brother; this attitude affected his grades in the Academy after losing his clan, he had the lowest score in cooperation and second lowest in assertiveness. We also noticed his development in part two, where he went from indifferent to cruel and ruthless, leaving his teammates behind, stabbing Karin to kill Danzo and attempting to murder Sakura twice (despite the fact that she confessed to him at the end of part one, only to be left with an ambiguous answer). And although there has been a bit of a change into somewhat of his former self during these lasts chapters, we still see that he is uninterested in what his teammates think of him and he is still uncooperative (as shown when he was willing to let the Ten-tails burn down, even if it meant killing the other Bijuu in the process).

Sakura Haruno: In the beginning of Part I, Sakura was self-centered, vain and was solely focused on herself and developing a relationship with Sasuke Uchiha. Due to this, Naruto's advances and attempts to gain her attention as well as his antics would generally irk her as she saw them as nothing more than childish and foolish. Sasuke pointed out that because Sakura had not experience loss in her life, she could not understand Naruto nor him, prompting Sakura to start looking at things from Naruto's perspective in an attempt to understand her team-mate. This caused them to develop a mutual friendship which endured even when Naruto had left the village for two years. In Part II, Sakura becomes more mature and less self-centered. At her core, Sakura is strong-willed, determined, and courageous, Her courage, along with her care and understanding of Naruto appeared to have increased during the Fourth Shinobi World War, where she raised the morale of the Shinobi Alliance while healing Naruto by telling them that he was protecting them because he saw them all as his comrades.
Well then, here we have a guy who is centered on his own goals and a girl who, although she was shallow at first, she began to develop true feelings towards both Sasuke and Naruto (and by feelings, I mane natural care for them). This doesn't sound good for a healthy couple, right? But eve so, let's be fair and dig into the characteristics:

1-Trust - Does Sasuke trusts Sakura? I can safely say that, although it may have seem like it in part one, we noticed that in part two he asked for proof (asking Sakura to kill Karin) and he attempted to murder her twice. Keep in mind that he has not apologized to her for this. So well... not a god start here.
Does Sakura trusts Sasuke? Well... 635 pretty much answers this question, so I don't think there's much to discuss here.

2-Care - Does Sakura cares for Sasuke? Well, we can't really debate that. We've seen thhrough the course of the manga what she's willing to do for him; even goign as far as to try to kill him to "save him from his path of darkness"; though of course, we also know that she was doing this while thinking of Naruto.
Does Sasuke cares for Sakura? Well, he tried to kill her and has not apologized. Though of course, we can argue that he did defend her from the Bijuu clones. But apart from that... not much, really.

3-Respect - Umm.... I feel bad when trying to find good points for this couple because the fact that they tried to kill each other pretty much nullifies that they respect each other.

4-Knowledge - Well, they both had a considerable amount of knowledge of each other through part one during the Team 7 days. I could say that Sakura knew a bit more about Sasuke than what Sasuke knew about Sakura, but well... In any case, there is knowledge between then, though not enough to guarantee that they would make a good couple.

5-Communication - And well, apart from some Team 7 moments, there hasn't been much communication between Sakura and Sasuke. We can pretty much blame this on Sasuke because he left everyone in his quest for power.

So again, when looking at their future, keep in mind these questions:

-Have they demonstrated that they are willing to work for the other person's happiness?

At first I believed that SasuSaku had a bit more chances than NaruHina, but after the events where they tried to kill each other, things have gone downhill even though chapter 540 has been a point of hope/debate. But with 573/631/635 after this.. well... things do not look good for Sasuke and Sakura to work as a healthy couple.

And last, but not least, let's look at the third and less popular pairing:

C-NaruSaku: We already saw how both Naruto and Sakura are, but let's bring them up in order to keep a detailed list in each analysis:

Naruto Uzumaki - Exuberant, brash, inattentive, and heedless to formality or social standings,  relatively naive, simple, and being slow to understand a principle or situation. However, during the course of the manga, he has shown improvement over many of these characteristics. When Naruto makes a promise, he assumes the "nice guy pose" and becomes dedicated to fulfilling it. When Sasuke defected from Konoha, Naruto made a "promise of a lifetime" to Sakura to bring him back, using the "nice guy pose". He shares many other qualities, but this just a brief summary.

Sakura Haruno: In the beginning of Part I, Sakura was self-centered, vain and was solely focused on herself and developing a relationship with Sasuke Uchiha. Due to this, Naruto's advances and attempts to gain her attention as well as his antics would generally irk her as she saw them as nothing more than childish and foolish. Sasuke pointed out that because Sakura had not experience loss in her life, she could not understand Naruto nor him, prompting Sakura to start looking at things from Naruto's perspective in an attempt to understand her team-mate. This caused them to develop a mutual friendship which endured even when Naruto had left the village for two years. In Part II, Sakura becomes more mature and less self-centered. At her core, Sakura is strong-willed, determined, and courageous, Her courage, along with her care and understanding of Naruto appeared to have increased during the Fourth Shinobi World War, where she raised the morale of the Shinobi Alliance while healing Naruto by telling them that he was protecting them because he saw them all as his comrades.

Now then, we have here the main character and his love interest. But let's talk about them as individuals. We have the Heaven and Earth comparison, where Naruto needs to work on what Sakura handles best and vice-versa. We also have also two friends who, apart from sharing common goals, also have similar characteristics (like their strong will and unwillingness to give up). And of course, we have the two friends who are willing to go the extra mile to help the other one. But let's dig into the qualities, shall we?

1-Trust - Does Naruto trusts Sakura? And does Sakura trusts Naruto? We've seen throughout the course of the manga how they work as teammates and a friends. We've also noticed how they are both confident in the other person's abilities and how they are pretty much assertive towards each other. They time they have spent together has led them to a very close friendship with mutual trust.

2-Care - Does Naruto care for Sakura? Does Sakura care for Naruto? Well, I can summarize this in two points: POAL and Sakura's confession. These two show the lengths each one of them are willing to go for the other one. And before the POAL is dismissed as something that happened in part one, we have to keep in mind Naruto's words to Sai on the question about Naruto confessing to Sakura. We also have the many times where they cheered each other up in both part one and part two and the many events which have led them to develop a genuine concern for each other.

3-Respect - Wether its in comedic fashion, on teamwork, on trust in the other person's abilities, and on overall admiration for the other, it is clear that Naruto and Sakura respect each other. We can also see that, although it may borderline in stubborness, they actually respect each other's decisions regarding topics like keeping secrets and love in itself.

4-Knowledge - Well, again, through the course of the manga, both of them have learned quite a great deal about each other. They know their virtues and flaws and they can recognize when the other person has something they need to correct. In fact, they are so assertive towards each other they they can pretty much discern the other person's intentions with the use or a few words or simply with the exchange of eye gestures.

5-Communication - Finally, the final aspect for a relationship to work. We've seen again that the manga has shown us how much Naruto and Sakura communicate with each other. From mild things to serious topics, they usually find themselves talking and exchanging words. They have shared both good moments and bad moments and they have also improved their communication even in the battlefield, up to the point where the other person doesn't need to say if they agree or not because they trust in what the other person's saying. In fact, we have seen that Sakura has even flirted with Naruto. And to do this, you must obviously have a good communication with them to the point of trusting them.

And with all this information, the questions arise:

Even though it may not be the most popular pairing, when we see the relationship between Naruto and Sakura under this light, along with the information provided in the manga, we can say that they have a very good chance of having their relationship work out. Considering how their friendship has developed through the course of the years, the desire to make the other person happy and the genuine care and concern for each other, if Naruto and Sakura were to get into a relationship, they have very good chances of making their relationship work.

_____

So there you have it folks. Again, this is something that I wanted to do for quite a while, but I want this to be displayed in a good light, with no bashing and with a good, constructive criticism about each analysis. So if there's anything that could be considered as such, I would appreciate that you inform me about it (It's 1:21 am here, so chances are that I may have not been as clear as I should in some points and of course, there is always a small margin of biased comments in things we write). So of course, comments and tips are more than welcome, since this is only a theory and as such, there is always something to work on.

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 23 July 2013 - 05:36 AM.

#2 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

Very good speech, very well said.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

Wow.

All I can add is..I think Hinata is to submissive with Naruto and Sakura is to submissive with Sasuke. They don't know eachothers flaws too well.

You could argue that she stood up to him in 615, but that was because Naruto was about to break his nindo.

Or you could say Sakura knows of Sasuke's flaw(he's eeeevil XD). But I'm talking about personality flaws that will remain for the rest of a persons life. For example that Naruto is reckless and obnoxious or that Sakura cries too much. Honestly, I have no problem with Sakura crying, but she is crying a lot and Naruto is the one that always comforts her..I can't see Sasuke do that lol. I imagine him standing there with a poker face.

ナルサク

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

Wow.

All I can add is..I think Hinata is to submissive with Naruto and Sakura is to submissive with Sasuke. They don't know eachothers flaws too well.

You could argue that she stood up to him in 615, but that was because Naruto was about to break his nindo.

Or you could say Sakura knows of Sasuke's flaw(he's eeeevil XD). But I'm talking about personality flaws that will remain for the rest of a persons life. For example that Naruto is reckless and obnoxious or that Sakura cries too much. Honestly, I have no problem with Sakura crying, but she is crying a lot and Naruto is the one that always comforts her..I can't see Sasuke do that lol. I imagine him standing there with a poker face.

If there will be crying from Sakura, it will be tears of joy. FMA. Seriously, that's what Naruto can bring to her. Face it, this is just right.

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

If there will be crying from Sakura, it will be tears of joy. FMA. Seriously, that's what Naruto can bring to her. Face it, this is just right.

omg I love that line :wibble:

I wouldn't mind if Sakura vocally shows how much joy Naruto brings her, but tears would be feels overload.

ナルサク

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

omg I love that line :wibble:

I wouldn't mind if Sakura vocally shows how much joy Naruto brings her, but tears would be feels overload.

Actually, a lot of heroine tears for joy with the protagonist, because it brings a great feeling. Funny how tears can be used for many emotions. Actually, Sakura already has because of Naruto, couple of times too. Man...please make this canon already.

#7 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

It's all there, it's all waiting to be used, no theories or arguements will change that. Many feel ns still will never happen or is impossible, all I can say is, if sakura is starting to turn away from Sasuke, can't she also fall for naruto? Seriously at this point it seems like for sakura one of her events is to learn to let go, to mature and realize what she had was idealistic love and experience the real thing when it comes time, basically in standing with naruto. Seriously we are at code zero for the eye of the moon plan, obito or Madara may launch the infitine tsyikomi anytime. What plot points remain for nh to come up that can be critical? Ns can at least come from the occurrences of SS if it does break and even then SS was falling apart anyways. It's there, but arguments come up saying naruto is over sakura, but when did this ever happen, when did he ever start loving hinata as many arguements claim? Where did this suddenly appear? Escpially with the girlfriend event, yeah it's a small joke but how com we don't see any constant nh stuff? Ns exists, it always has and never died. Even then without the parallels there is a lot and it's just crazy to think all the events are just going to be dumped, I mean why some many events of growth between them just to settle on a secondary one with only 2 real events? Kishi is either serious in nh that it would become fully rushed with minimal prior notice or it does not become canon for the sole reason the story would have a harder time fitting to it. It's that simple, the story show ps more ns development, it's a simple standpoint there, the Kushina stuff just made it in a sense much clearer, simply saying this girl sakura may be the one naruto ends up with, so far no hinata Kushina stuff exists, so until then what must happen? Ns has the development and the bonus of the parallel stuff.

#8 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

Inferno: Thanks man. Considering that you also work on theories like this one, I'm quite honored by your words.

And touching the words of your second post: I definitely agree with you. Considering how the manga is reaching/has reached its climax point and if on a high speed sprint towards the end, there are less plot points to be resolved. With the manga at this point, it is too difficult to bring up a good development for these two couples. Unless Kishi resorted to flashbacks that we've never seen and reasonable explanations (which many people would brand them as "a...pull", It would feel like both couples were forced. And IMO, considering that Kishi likes to touch every little plot point, and considering that we haven't seen a good amount of interaction between Sakura/Sasuke and Naruto/Hinata, then the hopes of these two couples happening are not too big when we look at the manga from this point of view.

My theory was more about how would they work as a real-life couple (I believe that some manga authors portray couples like this), but I admit that this is a manga, and well, the author can do what he wishes to do. My opinion is that Kishi is leaning towards NaruSaku for many reasons both mentioned and not mentioned in this thread, but in the end, he will decide how his story will proceed.

sushi: Thanks for reading it and for your reply too. As I mentioned in the post, this is a theory that I'm still working on, so I'm accepting any kind of advice and feedback.

-Chapter 615 has been a product of a lot of discussions. Some fans may take it as a romantic moment while other take it as something that pretty much any other character could have done for Naruto. What I tried to do was just to portray this in a neutral light, accepting that in this chapter we did see Hinata encouraging Naruto and that a few chapters later, she gave some encouragement words to the alliance. And yeah, Naruto was facing a momentary crisis in this moment since one of his comrades was killed, so it took a combined effort between Hinata and Kurama to remind him that he could not let this break him apart. The encouragement words are there, but this doesn't change much between them as future chapters reflect the effect this had on each aspect (it did encourage Naruto but it didn't change his feelings for Sakura, as we saw in chapter 631).

-And you bring up two valid points when you mention the submissive nature of the girls (though it seems that Sakura could fight that since she did take Naruto's side in the conflict against Sasuke) and the fact that they don't know each other's flaws. As such, I would like to ask for your permission to add your point into the theory (credits will go to you, of course). :)

4Life: Your words remind me a lot of the NarutoxSasukeUT OVA, where Sakura, although she was crying tears of sadness at first, you could say that they were turned into tears of happiness when she realized that Naruto was alive. I'm not sure if an ending similar to this OVA will occur (personally I doubt it), but it would still be pretty romantic (overkill if you ask me) to see Sakura shedding tears of joy while either hugging or kissing Naruto...

Love Hina

#9 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

For the record, your post is great. Job well done. As I mentioned before, heroine/love interest tends to cry when they feel overjoyed at the end. I remember one show where the girl hardly cries, but she does when she was given a ring, not marriage but show how much the protagonist loves her. If you do that, you know you and her are one. I do believe Sakura will cry for joy for Naruto when the time finally comes.

#10 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

For the record, your post is great. Job well done. As I mentioned before, heroine/love interest tends to cry when they feel overjoyed at the end. I remember one show where the girl hardly cries, but she does when she was given a ring, not marriage but show how much the protagonist loves her. If you do that, you know you and her are one. I do believe Sakura will cry for joy for Naruto when the time finally comes.

Thanks man! Just doing what we can to show our love for NaruSaku. :)

Anyway, indeed. Sakura shedding tears of joy would definitely be something that many of us would celebrate. After all, we've seen her shed tears of deep emotion and of the realization that Naruto loved her, so why not have tears of happiness too? :happy:

And are you sure that you're not referring to...

spoilers for a manga/anime
?

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 08 July 2013 - 04:02 AM.

#11 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:11 AM

Well that and others but yeah, that one too. I realized how many shows have those bridal save moment(s) in a couple. Not to mention, a lot of them close the love story with a bridal hold. Highest quality of love I suppose.

#12 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

Inferno: Thanks man. Considering that you also work on theories like this one, I'm quite honored by your words.

And touching the words of your second post: I definitely agree with you. Considering how the manga is reaching/has reached its climax point and if on a high speed sprint towards the end, there are less plot points to be resolved. With the manga at this point, it is too difficult to bring up a good development for these two couples. Unless Kishi resorted to flashbacks that we've never seen and reasonable explanations (which many people would brand them as "a...pull", It would feel like both couples were forced. And IMO, considering that Kishi likes to touch every little plot point, and considering that we haven't seen a good amount of interaction between Sakura/Sasuke and Naruto/Hinata, then the hopes of these two couples happening are not too big when we look at the manga from this point of view.

My theory was more about how would they work as a real-life couple (I believe that some manga authors portray couples like this), but I admit that this is a manga, and well, the author can do what he wishes to do. My opinion is that Kishi is leaning towards NaruSaku for many reasons both mentioned and not mentioned in this thread, but in the end, he will decide how his story will proceed.

sushi: Thanks for reading it and for your reply too. As I mentioned in the post, this is a theory that I'm still working on, so I'm accepting any kind of advice and feedback.

-Chapter 615 has been a product of a lot of discussions. Some fans may take it as a romantic moment while other take it as something that pretty much any other character could have done for Naruto. What I tried to do was just to portray this in a neutral light, accepting that in this chapter we did see Hinata encouraging Naruto and that a few chapters later, she gave some encouragement words to the alliance. And yeah, Naruto was facing a momentary crisis in this moment since one of his comrades was killed, so it took a combined effort between Hinata and Kurama to remind him that he could not let this break him apart. The encouragement words are there, but this doesn't change much between them as future chapters reflect the effect this had on each aspect (it did encourage Naruto but it didn't change his feelings for Sakura, as we saw in chapter 631).

-And you bring up two valid points when you mention the submissive nature of the girls (though it seems that Sakura could fight that since she did take Naruto's side in the conflict against Sasuke) and the fact that they don't know each other's flaws. As such, I would like to ask for your permission to add your point into the theory (credits will go to you, of course). :)

4Life: Your words remind me a lot of the NarutoxSasukeUT OVA, where Sakura, although she was crying tears of sadness at first, you could say that they were turned into tears of happiness when she realized that Naruto was alive. I'm not sure if an ending similar to this OVA will occur (personally I doubt it), but it would still be pretty romantic (overkill if you ask me) to see Sakura shedding tears of joy while either hugging or kissing Naruto...

Love Hina

Sure you can use my stuff, no issue.

But its just that, its like the eye of the moon plan, its a ticking time bomb, the allaince needs to at least kill Obito or remove the tailed beast portions to prevent it from activating.

Its like yeah we had a small moment of talking time when the ten tails unleashed the tenpenchi (natural disaster) techique and then tried to use a very large tailed beast bomb. What occured from this was the ten tails needed a small amount of time to recharge and regain energy, AKA it used techiques which needed cooldown time before firing off again. We got a small amount of time where both sides were open and unable to make a clear move, this was the time to talk, the situation allowed for a short quick interlude with the hokages and sasuke coming, this is what allowed 631 to happen as it did with Minato and the rest. Now in 632 we saw Sakura join the fight with good reason, to keep the sannin aspect and equality in matchup (different aspects) equal. Now with the rest of the fight and the situation just becoming more dire, with no prior importance than a pep-talk what can we honestly expect from Hinata, like what purpose is going to come up for it to make it nessessary to allute some screentime to it? Especially when Hinata remains unclear at the moment and only fulfilling a technique which Neji knew for the longest time? Why should minato even interact with her? No point in it with the Kushina stuff already pressed onto the audience, shifting this makes it hard to know exactly what Kishi intends on both camps (NS and NH) it would only make things more confusing and unclear and I doubt he would even do this. The other thing is, what purpose does Hinata have on the field? team 7, the edo hokages, and current kages all have an important role along with Bee, Guy, and if anyone else Shikamaru to command them and Ino to relay everything. With the current kage healed along with Tsunade, Sakura has a reason to fight, she can fight alongside her master or even then one could fight while the other heals, they have the same powers, can make things good either way. Both Sakura and Tsunade on the field allows one to fight, one to heal, or both to fight or even both to heal. Kinda like how Minato has the 9T chakra mode like Naruto, another of the same power for the alliance.

Edited by Inferno180, 08 July 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#13 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

I think Hinata is more in love with Naruto's ninjaway than Naruto himself.

I think Sakura is more in love with the idea of who she thought Sasuke was. (cool, relaxed, in love with her forehead etc)

And of course I think Naruto is in love with Sakura, and Sakura is on the verge of falling for Naruto if she hasn't already.

I just thought of that. I think this is the best way to thread to put it in because this is a comparison of the three pairings and their interactions, thoughts on one another and how they would be irl.

ナルサク

#14 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

Pretty good.

I will say that some will alter these facts to suit their own needs due to them being general enough to mean anything.

Like how "Hinata understands Naruto's childhood pain." That is rather iffy and really has to go along with "To what extent?" You said you pulled this from the Narutopedia which is crap in itself, but I could even argue that Sakura knows a little of Naruto's childhood pain as well. Especially in chapters where she says "So this is how Naruto felt this whole time? I should be nicer to him from now on." (Paraphrase of course.)

I always foresaw NaruHina having a higher chance then SasuSaku even in the beginning because the potential was there. With SasuSaku, even back then there really was no potential. That I have to give credit to NaruHina. Still because of her shyness and her lack of pushing her love for him, it might be the reason why NaruHina never came to pass. Her shyness is probably what might have killed it to begin with.

The ultimate question being "If she loves him, why wasn't she there when he needed someone?" Well, because she wasn't there is why nothing ever grew from it. You have to plant the seeds before you can grow a forest and sadly, Hinata missed her chances.

Sasuke....well....he didn't care at all.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#15 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Pretty good.

I will say that some will alter these facts to suit their own needs due to them being general enough to mean anything.

Like how "Hinata understands Naruto's childhood pain." That is rather iffy and really has to go along with "To what extent?" You said you pulled this from the Narutopedia which is crap in itself, but I could even argue that Sakura knows a little of Naruto's childhood pain as well. Especially in chapters where she says "So this is how Naruto felt this whole time? I should be nicer to him from now on." (Paraphrase of course.)

I always foresaw NaruHina having a higher chance then SasuSaku even in the beginning because the potential was there. With SasuSaku, even back then there really was no potential. That I have to give credit to NaruHina. Still because of her shyness and her lack of pushing her love for him, it might be the reason why NaruHina never came to pass. Her shyness is probably what might have killed it to begin with.

The ultimate question being "If she loves him, why wasn't she there when he needed someone?" Well, because she wasn't there is why nothing ever grew from it. You have to plant the seeds before you can grow a forest and sadly, Hinata missed her chances.

Sasuke....well....he didn't care at all.

I agree with everything except the last part. I might have misunderstood this, but you should be more spesific than saying he just "didn't care". This is a topic about romance ofc, but romance has a lot to do with bonds so XD

Sasuke didn't care about what? Romance? That I agree with.

If not, it seems that everytime Sasuke warms up to someone, he leaves them behind because the bonds will stand in the way of his revenge. This counts for Team Taka as well. I wonder if Sasuke will ever realize what he lost.

Edited by sushi., 09 July 2013 - 11:21 PM.

ナルサク

#16 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

I agree with everything except the last part. I might have misunderstood this, but you should be more spesific than saying he just "didn't care". This is a topic about romance ofc, but romance has a lot to do with bonds so XD

Sasuke didn't care about what? Romance? That I agree with.

If not, it seems that everytime Sasuke warms up to someone, he leaves them behind because the bonds will stand in the way of his revenge. This counts for Team Taka as well. I wonder if Sasuke will ever realize what he lost.

My mistake. I shall elaborate. What I was implying was pursuing a relationship with Sakura. He seems unwilling and even doesn't really care about Sakura at all. He has shown no interest at all unlike Hinata who wanted to be with Naruto, but was too shy to do so. 

That's all.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#17 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Inferno: I have to admit that there's a war going on right now, and as such, the issue between love interests and pairing might not be addressed until later (Though we've seen a few moments during the very war XD). But I do wonder if Kishi has the base of NaruSaku in real life. After all, someone said that his wife looks like Sakura. This, along with the development we've seen between Naruto and Sakura was what motivated me to write this theory. If we were to assume that Kishi is portraying the love interests similar to real life (Keep in mind that, although he hasn't mentioned it, it seems like Sai is pretty much the voice of his readers), then that would guarantee NS as the endgame.

sushi: The I would ask for your permission then. If you are OK with it, then I will edit the post to include your words. Is that alright with you?

James: Yeah. I guess I have minus points for getting information out of wiki XD. Keep in mind, though, that the definition is only for a brief character description, so I can easily change it for anything, really. So if there is another trustful source, feel free to let me know.

As for you points, I definitely agree with you. And if you're wondering, the reason why I believe that SS could be a possibility at first was because, even though Sasuke was oblivious to Sakura during the course of part 1, they were in the same team, so technically, Sasuke and Sakura knew each other a bit better than Naruto and Hinata. Another thing was that during the Sand siblings arc, Sasuke expressed that he didn't want to lose his friends and requested Naruto to save Sakura (of course, this only boosted NaruSaku in the end, though). However, after making this research, I realized that I was wrong, hehehe.

#18 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

I'll take that as a compliment, thanks. ^^ You have my permission.

ナルサク

#19 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

he is still uncooperative (as shown when he was willing to let the Ten-tails burn down, even if it meant killing the other Juubi in the process).

You mean "bijuu" and not "Juubi", right?

Other than that: excellent post.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 14 July 2013 - 06:13 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#20 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

That's a pretty big wall of text... can you sum it all up in few sentences?

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users