15 replies to this topic

#1 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:16 AM

Okay, so it's midnight now and I can't fall asleep for my life. I was just licking at my teeth (EW that sounds weird) with my tongue and then I felt it Dx! I feel like one of my teeth are loose! I'm positive that I have all adult teeth now, too. I'm completely freaking now because I had 4 wisdom teeth (bled like a waterfall!) pulled and promised never, ever to go to the dentist again. I think it might if happened cause my bro punched me in the cheek when wrestling~ argh! I need advise.

Is it gonna fall out or what? And should I go to the hell called dentist? D: Ah! Should I stop eating hard food for a while?

I'm sorry I sound pitiful! ): I don't wanna tell my parents yet!

#2 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:19 AM

imo three options:
- wiggle the tooth until you can pull it out yourself
- go to the dentist
- let it be for a couple of days and see if it gets any more loose and get some sleep now and take one of the above steps then

I would advise the latter

Edited by Torxe, 05 April 2011 - 07:25 AM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#3 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:25 AM

Thanks, Torxe. I would so, so want to avoid pulling it out if I could, or going to the dentist! I don't know if it could be helped though.

#4 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

I know I had some loose teeth before but thought nothing of it and they just kinda "healed" again. (and yes they were loose If someone throws the handle of a hammer against your face they've a reason to be I think => It wasn't on purpose).

Last time I needed to go to the dentist was also for pulling those wisdom teeth. The blood didn't bother me that much, I was drugged by the painkiller my parents made me take, it seems I have a really low tolerance against medicine since I almost never take them. (spent a whole weekend in bed)

Edited by Torxe, 05 April 2011 - 07:30 AM.

#5 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

How long ago did you have the wisdom teeth taken out? If it was recent enough, it could just be that your teeth are still readjusting to having more room. If not, it could be because of your brother punching you. I'd say suck it up and go to the dentist to make sure nothing's really wrong.

#6 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:37 AM

Ah... I had my wisdom teeth taken out about 7-8 months ago. Ugh, the dentist... Dx If I must, I suppose. I'm probably gonna end up freaking out.

@Torxe—

The stitches were completely awful! Dx I was in bed for a month!

#7 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 5 2011, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah... I had my wisdom teeth taken out about 7-8 months ago. Ugh, the dentist... Dx If I must, I suppose. I'm probably gonna end up freaking out.

@Torxe—

The stitches were completely awful! Dx I was in bed for a month!

Mmmm, they could still wiggle a bit I guess, but usually not enough to feel like they might come out completely. I know mine moved around a bit...
I know how you feel, though--dentists are generally devils with power tools for your face =__________=;;

Good luck, friend D;

#8 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

Mine've been pulled only at the beginning of february this year (late I know I'm 20y). Because my dentist thought it wouldn't be necessary and there was enough space for them => NOT; I bit on my cheek every time I chewed with my wisdom teeth out. friday in the hospital; friday out the hospital; mondayevening out of bed with a clear head (d*mn I hate painkillers and it didn't even hurt all they did was put me asleep anyone knows brufen?)

#9 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

Well... it might be your gum is getting loose. try taking listerine for the next few days, if it doesn't get better then go to the doctor.

PS: Better to have low tolerance on painkillers... I have high tolerance on them. How high? lets just say that the doctor had to drug me THREE times for it to take effect before he can even drill on my teeth, then another two before he can pull them.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#10 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

You could be a man and then rip the tooth out. dealwithit.jpg

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#11 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

I'm not a man -_- and it isn't THAT loose...

#12 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 5 2011, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not a man sleep.gif and it isn't THAT loose...

So if you got hit in the mouth, like I have so many a times. Your teeth could feel loose. Wait a couple of days. Your gums are supposed to allow that sort of thing so that way if your teeth are forced out it doesn't take the entire gum with it. Anyway if it still does I do think you should see a dentist. But in my opinion my gums and teeth harden back up.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#13 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

@Omega—

Yeah, I think I'll wait a little bit. If it doesn't get better... *hears maniacal laugh*

How did this topic end up under Fun Café too? Ah~ this'll make the admins mad XD

#14 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

If your tooth isn't aching and it's a little loose it should be ok. Give it about a week, and if there isn't any improvement then you should look into going to the dentist. I play a lot of sports and I've had that happen to me before with my front tooth. You can wiggle it a little. Most of the time, you feel like it wiggles a lot, but if you look in the mirror, the tooth really doesn't move that much.

I would lay off hard foods if you're able to just in case there is something wrong with it. And if any symptoms get worse, go to the dentist. We're talking about your permanent teeth here. I love my pearly whites and I plan on keeping them for a long time.

#15 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:56 PM

I wanna keep mine, too! :O Okay! I don't wanna look like an old lady, lol

#16 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 5 2011, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not a man sleep.gif and it isn't THAT loose...

You could be a man… for the time being till you rip them out. Utilize your manly spirit, and I guess since you don't have one find someone elses. The Great Kamina never fails!

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users