34 replies to this topic

#1 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

Since I can't get a solid answer in the movie theory thread maybe someone can answer me here. What's this information about Junko not voicing Naruto anymore? Is it true? Is it just a rumor? Where is the proof?

#2 narusakurama

narusakurama

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

There is an interview from her in the collection thread . She will not be voicing Naruto  in any upcoming movies , like the one prepared for 2015 featuring Bolt , where Naruto is bound to appear as well .Though the anime itself is not mentioned,  we can assume she will finish the anime as Naruto's VA   . She also said that if you follow the manga ,  NH ending came out of nowhere and she was surprised by the ending of the movie 

1kMTgN0.jpg?1

#3 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

This makes sense considering Naruto will be much older in future movies. Therefore a new voice actor makes sense.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#4 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

I think she's mad about the ending. Good.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#5 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

While I could see that they want a more mature-voice Naruto, it would be surprising that they didn't just alter/lower the VA's voice in post-production. 

No matter what, it sends a subtle message that the series has irrevocably changed. When you have critical people exiting, it makes it really hard to not look like the series is floundering.

I hate to say it but...good.

#6 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

She really seems as upset like us. Considering that naruto was her biggest role and was really attached to it (she travelled and came to France to see the fans). She logically thought what should have been the real end pairing which was an important loose end to say the least. Its impossible not to feel disgusted by it.

#7 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:07 PM

There is an interview from her in the collection thread . She will not be voicing Naruto  in any upcoming movies , like the one prepared for 2015 featuring Bolt , where Naruto is bound to appear as well .Though the anime itself is not mentioned,  we can assume she will finish the anime as Naruto's VA   . She also said that if you follow the manga ,  NH ending came out of nowhere and she was surprised by the ending of the movie 

Wow this is a thing of beauty. I remember hearing that she said she was really shocked with the ending as well. It must have been hard for her to voice Naruto for the Last, I wouldn't be surprised if she was flat out insulted since she ships NS. If this is true I'm happy that she's doing this, it really makes a statement.

They never did that with Goku's japanese voice actress. They take VA's very seriously in Japan and in most cases if a VA were to die they usually stop showing the character that they voiced. In this case, if Junko really stops voicing Naruto it is because she was not happy with the events of the manga and the movie.

Goku's VA Masako Nozawa is the only female VA to voice her character from childhood to adulthood, but still it's a big deal for Junko to be stepping down for any other movies.

While I could see that they want a more mature-voice Naruto, it would be surprising that they didn't just alter/lower the VA's voice in post-production. 

No matter what, it sends a subtle message that the series has irrevocably changed. When you have critical people exiting, it makes it really hard to not look like the series is floundering.

I hate to say it but...good.

Yup they could very well have her voice it and then they can just alter it, but to just have say she's not returning is a big thing, especially since SHE IS NARUTO! I also am laughing and actually loving what is happening. Karma is starting to come around.

Edited by Konohakitten, 06 December 2014 - 10:07 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#8 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

Goku's VA Masako Nozawa is the only female VA to voice her character from childhood to adulthood, but still it's a big deal for Junko to be stepping down for any other movies.

What about Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya? They were Edward and Alphonse's voices till the end, even when they were growing up, right?

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#9 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:25 PM

What about Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya? They were Edward and Alphonse's voices till the end, even when they were growing up, right?

I'm going off an Interview called We are Goku were Masako Nozawa and Seán Schemmel had a panel together at a convention in America. She was asked if it's common for other female VA to follower characters all through their lives and she said she's the only one. You can find the whole thing on youtube. So yeah I'm not sure of other anime characters, Im just going off what she said.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#10 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:49 PM

So does anyone have a direct link to the source material?

#11 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

Maybe this is it, if anyone can translate it.

tumblr_inline_ng6i3xLCyV1re0y9o.jpg

Edited by Tiller, 06 December 2014 - 11:58 PM.

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

Good. it SHOWS how much this series bombed in the end. :ermm:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#13 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

Good. it SHOWS how much this series bombed in the end. :ermm:

I still want a solid translation. I don't want to start telling people she's done voicing him in movies only to find out that, that isn't what is being said.

#14 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:00 AM

Someone translated it here
http://dattebayo--ne...ding-naruto-the
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#15 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:24 AM

nodoby told that she will top to voice Naruto, but that she doesn't give voice to naruto's kid anymore, because he declined despite 2 years ago she prayed to kishimoto for it. Wonder why she changed her mind lol

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#16 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:42 AM

Ah so it's only Bolt. Well that is disappointing, I think if she stopped voicing Naruto in the movies it would have been a bigger deal.

#17 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

Ah so it's only Bolt. Well that is disappointing, I think if she stopped voicing Naruto in the movies it would have been a bigger deal.

forget about it. 2 years ago Junko prayed to Hiretsu-sensei if she can give her voice to the future naruto's kid. And Kishimoto said it was fine for him. 2 years later, she refuses to play bolt. Why? LOL

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#18 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:01 AM

forget about it. 2 years ago Junko prayed to Hiretsu-sensei if she can give her voice to the future naruto's kid. And Kishimoto said it was fine for him. 2 years later, she refuses to play bolt. Why? LOL

So wait, she was chosen to voice Bolt but refused? Is this true?

#19 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:09 AM

Bet she would've voiced Shinachiku.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#20 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:32 AM

Oh I understand that, but I bet that as well as her saying she was done voicing Naruto in movies would have been even better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users