#61 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Nov 26 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I said, I have been accused of taking my RPing somewhat too seriously in the past before. Of course, for me at least, half the fun is making the character.

niothing wrong with getting into your character.

#62 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:24 AM

New character~ ♥

Name: Chiara (pronounced 'Shee-are-ah')

Race: Half-Vierran

Sex: Female

Allegiance: Republic

History: Chiara is a wanderer of sorts. She goes from place to place, doing what she can for the republic. For some reason, she stays away from Vierran villages. Her past is essentially a mystery beyond her nature to move constanly from towns, to cities, to villages, whatever, really. In personality, she's very, uh... Friendly. That is to say, she's quite the flirt. Enjoys teasing.

Job Class
: Pirate, Red mage - Mostly skilled with guns and short swords and tiny things sharp, but knows some magic.

Appearance: Tanned skin, red eyes. Long silver hair tied back into a loose braid.
She looks something sortof like this~ --Click here to view--

#63 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Nov 26 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Abel-- seriously dude. just start xDDD

As you wish, mon capitan (yeah, I know, I probably messed up that spelling something aweful).

QUOTE (Merger Knight @ Nov 26 2008, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
niothing wrong with getting into your character.

Lol, you would be surprised. Some people can take it too far, something I myself have done in the past and wouldn't like to repeat.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#64 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:21 PM

People! stop this half-race mess. Is there a HALF-"Blah" on the list nooooo....sleep.gif;; just pick the goddamn thing and quit halfin' it up. It doesn't make any sense to be half of anything, when you still look like that race. Especially when you have that race's, "racial-like" attributes tagged onto your character.

I suppose it's a little late to mention this, but I would think it's common sense. Next to the race, is a M, F, or M/F. Male or Female, or Male only, Female only. I wrote it that way for a reason, so that it would have some sense of semblance to actual Final Fantasy races.

A few of you already have characters that break these rules already, for now just leave 'em be. However, any more characters created by either new players or current ones, PLEASE stick to the outline on the first page of this thread.

AH, and almost forgot. As for JOB selection, you can only play jobs listed in the outline. Again, also a little late for me to mention but common sense, that is the key.

Edited by ForgottenBushido, 28 November 2008 - 11:29 PM.

#65 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (ForgottenBushido @ Nov 28 2008, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People! stop this half-race mess. Is there a HALF-"Blah" on the list nooooo....sleep.gif;; just pick the goddamn thing and quit halfin' it up. It doesn't make any sense to be half of anything, when you still look like that race. Especially when you have that race's, "racial-like" attributes tagged onto your character.

I suppose it's a little late to mention this, but I would think it's common sense. Next to the race, is a M, F, or M/F. Male or Female, or Male only, Female only. I wrote it that way for a reason, so that it would have some sense of semblance to actual Final Fantasy races.

A few of you already have characters that break these rules already, for now just leave 'em be. However, any more characters created by either new players or current ones, PLEASE stick to the outline on the first page of this thread.

AH, and almost forgot. As for JOB selection, you can only play jobs listed in the outline. Again, also a little late for me to mention but common sense, that is the key.

Oh for crying out loud Bushido, calm the hell down huh.gif

It's an RPG. You're supposed to have fun with it. Some of your 'rules' prohibit that. What's the point of doing an RP, if you can't enjoy it by creating characters that you will actually enjoy using. It was the same thing with your 'map', which was so rigid and 'oh-my-gawd-follow-the-rules' of the map that only you could see in your head.

I completely understand and appreciate the fact that you've created such a fun and interesting universe for us all to play in, but dude seriously...lighten the hell up already. It's a make believe world. There really isn't any need to get so worked up if we 'bend' the rules a little bit. It's not like there are any consequences for having mixed species characters, or more than one playable character, or a location that doesn't exist on your mental world map.

It's all in the name of fun...and you're seriously trying to kill that right now mellow.gif

#66 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:51 AM

"sigh" Making up what you want to, to expand upon a basis is one thing..but to retain certain mysticism, It's nice to stick to some rules that make sense with the world they were taken from.

I'm not killing the fun of anything.

#67 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:58 AM

@FB: As one who's been RPing for close to a decade now as well as one who has started succesful and unsuccesful RPs over the years, I offer you this advice.

1.) When an RP grows to the point where you have a dozen or more RPs, designate others as additional Game Moderators to help you with the work of running things. I know from experience that trying to run large RPs alone is very frazziling.

2.) While RP creators hold certain rights when it comes to long term story direction in the majority of 'scripted' RPs, things tend to be a bit more hands off when it comes to the more free-form RPs. I would say this one is a mix of both.

3.) Allow RPers to use their imaginations, but feel free to step in if they try something too outlandish. From what I know of the FF races, most seem a take on humans...though, there are some mixes I would be hesitant about allowing (like Bangaa/Hume hybrids, for example).

4.) Micromanaging things can drive RPers away. This happens to be another thing I've learned from experience and I've built my more recent RPs to actually allow the RPers themselves input in how the universe its set in evolves over time.

5.) RPing is a way to have fun, so no need to take everything seriously.

6.) Be prepared to take critques, positive and negative, be it constructive or otherwise, on many topics related to a RP.

There's more I've learned, but alot of that is more of a specialized nature and I think I covered most of the basics.

Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes with this.

Edited by Abel Nightroad, 29 November 2008 - 03:02 AM.

#68 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:24 AM

Well first of all, I wasn't upset..I just say GD too much, and tend to use "damn" when it really isn't appropriate. Second, There's no point in arguing over race or jobs, when the list is provided. The List is a set of rules, to give the game an authentic FF feel. Again I wrote the thing, created it, It's a waist of time to just write something and then not expect people to follow the game plan.

and Shauna, that whole map fiasco was me misunderstanding what you said. Not me being to rigid, I told you like five times during that discussion that I agreed with you and that's how I would expect the game to be played anyway.

This particular circumstance, has a pretty simple Idea, Give a list of races, and a list of "job" classes...really to be played anyway you want to play them, I could care less. I'm not about to tell someone what spells they can or cannot use, or what kind of element they'd like their character to have. Race choice, for instance CHOOSE one of the following. Don't mix and match, that kitten is impossible, given that they're a lizard man or a little white moogle fairy. I don't see why some people just always gotta fight me on this stuff.

#69 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (ForgottenBushido @ Nov 28 2008, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well first of all, I wasn't upset..I just say GD too much, and tend to use "damn" when it really isn't appropriate. Second, There's no point in arguing over race or jobs, when the list is provided. The List is a set of rules, to give the game an authentic FF feel. Again I wrote the thing, created it, It's a waist of time to just write something and then not expect people to follow the game plan.

and Shauna, that whole map fiasco was me misunderstanding what you said. Not me being to rigid, I told you like five times during that discussion that I agreed with you and that's how I would expect the game to be played anyway.

This particular circumstance, has a pretty simple Idea, Give a list of races, and a list of "job" classes...really to be played anyway you want to play them, I could care less. I'm not about to tell someone what spells they can or cannot use, or what kind of element they'd like their character to have. Race choice, for instance CHOOSE one of the following. Don't mix and match, that kitten is impossible, given that they're a lizard man or a little white moogle fairy. I don't see why some people just always gotta fight me on this stuff.

Bushido, the way that I see it, and from what others seem to as well, is that creating mixed species doesn't 'take away from the mysticism' of this created universe, or make it any less appealing. Actually as Abel pointed out, allowing RPers the freedom to actually change things around a little, and zomg actually use their creative imaginations, and actually have fun with their created worlds and characters, is something that will keep people rping in your created universe, and not allow them to quickly lose interest and stop playing, because of the rigidity of the rules.

Freedom to create inspires epic adventures, and fun to be had for all...please don't try to stifle that creativity by imposing rules that only to you 'take away' from the universe. The world of FF, which is what the Sky Universe is based upon, is a marvelous and majestic world, full of ALL kinds of strange, wonderful, and magical things.

You saying that this and that, and such and such can not happen within the realm of these two very similar worlds, is like saying that the amazing power of magic to create, and the power of the human mind to create with that magic, is a silly and childish thing because they do.not.follow.the.rules set out.

Loosen up a little bit Bushi, let go a little bit, relax, have fun, and just go with the flow cause 'it's grooovy man' tongue.gif

#70 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:52 AM

Both of you, please stop. There is nothing like fighting to ruin a good RP, let alone when its between two friends like I've heard you two are supposed to be (and fighting between friends is never a good thing as it can carve that friendship apart). I've read what both have posted thus far and its clear that both of you are from different schools of RPing. FB seems to prefer the more scripted style and SB likes the freeform style. Now, I see no reason why a reasonable compromise between the two can not be reached. Mixing the two styles, without keeping an eye on things, can lead to a disaster as both allow different levels of freedom in what RPers post. I've RPed using both styles and, while I won't call myself a master on either, I will say that I know

@FB: Not everyone knows everything about the FF-verse....me, for example (I actually only own Advent Children, Spirits Within, and the game released in the US as XII). RPers, like me, who don't will often design characters and other things based on what they know. Also, if things get too scripted, they become more semi-interactive stories or single person stories (like a book or film). While I agree things like Bangaa and Moogle hybrids are highly implausible, you do have to accept the possibilty things like Vierra/Elvaan, Elvaan/Hume, Vierra/Elvaan/Hume, and Vierra/Hume hybrids as, from what I can tell, those three races seem more like off-shoots of each other (and, if they aren't, are close enough to each other that genetic intermingling is not that impraubable) as well as the concept that, just because they weren't seen in the games, that the ones you marked as only having a single gender as having members of the other gender that were just never seen (otherwise, I ask you this, how can a single gender group of people procreate and expand their numbers?). Part of RPing requires at least a partial suspension of disbelief.

@SB: Bushido's style does have its merits. While I agree that such strict following of what was posted in the first post is annoying and can drive some of the RPers just RPing as a diversion and aren't really that dedicated to becoming professional RPers, rules of gameplay have to exist otherwise we would have people jumping in with characters that are, for example, Klingon, Andorian, Goa'uld, Tok'ra, Luxan, Scarran, et cetera or flying around in starships and dropping nukes on each other and so on. Some rules, like those that cover terminology and character creation are their to protect the integrity of the RP in general. RPing, in my experience, requires a balance between being too free form, which results in chaos with everyone doing whatever the hell they want with no limitations, and too scripted, which results in a story/book/film/whatever.

@Both: I can see both sides of this debate, somewhat (well, as best another person can when trying to see the point of two different, opposing people at the same time). As I said in my PM to FB, I don't ask to be made a Game Moderator for this simm nor do I ask to made forum stuff (I have enough on my plate as is right now), however I do offer my services as mediator and sounding board for the two of you and anyone else that has any questions, comments, or concerns about RPing, be it specific or general in nature, and will do my best to provide a response that is to the point and accurate.

Now, normally I would also include a 'sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes with this' note, like I did with my last post, but, frankly, I'm at the point where it doesn't matter to me. I will still RP, as, for me, RPing in itself is fun, but I can't say the same for everyone else. Please, I urge the two of you to reach some sort of a compromise and will gladly help out with that if the both of you want me to.

Edited by Abel Nightroad, 29 November 2008 - 03:28 PM.

#71 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Nov 29 2008, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Both of you, please stop. There is nothing like fighting to ruin a good RP, let alone when its between two friends like I've heard you two are supposed to be (and fighting between friends is never a good thing as it can carve that friendship apart). I've read what both have posted thus far and its clear that both of you are from different schools of RPing. FB seems to prefer the more scripted style and SB likes the freeform style. Now, I see no reason why a reasonable compromise between the two can not be reached. Mixing the two styles, without keeping an eye on things, can lead to a disaster as both allow different levels of freedom in what RPers post. I've RPed using both styles and, while I won't call myself a master on either, I will say that I know

Now, normally I would also includ a 'sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes with this' note, like I did with my last post, but, frankly, I'm at the point where it doesn't matter to me. I will still RP, as, for me, RPing in itself is fun, but I can't say the same for everyone else. Please, I urge the two of you to reach some sort of a compromise and will gladly help out with that if the both of you want me to.

We're not fighting :rolleyes:

It's called having a healthy discussion, and Bushido hand I have had our share of them over the time that we've known each other, so thanks but no thanks, but we really don't need you to 'step in' and mediate. We aren't children who don't know how to discuss differences, and come to a compromise on our own ^^

#72 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:29 PM

Better safe than sorry, I say. Based on my experiences in the past on other forums, I had thought a potential flamewar was brewing. I apologize if I misread the clues.

#73 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Nov 29 2008, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Better safe than sorry, I say. Based on my experiences in the past on other forums, I had thought a potential flamewar was brewing. I apologize if I misread the clues.

Well, by now you should know that here at Heaven and Earth we do not encourage 'flamewars', not to mention the fact that I'm the site's Admin. I'm not going to start a 'war' myself :rolleyes:

Anyways, let's move on. Bushido feels the way he does, and I feel the way that I do. We'll work things out on our own, and everything will continue on as it always has, because no matter what else I heart mah Bushi <3

#74 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

Mmmm, Cheese.

/replaces his head phones and jams out to Led Zeppelin.

"Taaaaaangerine~~"

Yeah, man like, I uh don't yeah...fight n' junk. >.>

k that's a lie but...Pretty much the only resolution to this situation, Is that I'm just gunna have to let this slide. I disagree with just about everything that's been said but..I'm cool to just accept that neither of us will come to a compromise. So whatever, I just don't think I really care that much anyway.

You know, like, love, peace, and chicken grease.

Or something like that, I don't really know..its just kinda like this place out there in our minds that doesn't involve the turkey or a flying fowl.

Edited by ForgottenBushido, 29 November 2008 - 11:29 PM.

#75 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (ForgottenBushido @ Nov 29 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or something like that, I don't really know..its just kinda like this place out there in our minds that doesn't involve the turkey or a flying fowl.

...so random, Bushi XD

#76 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:14 AM

Well, I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everyone here as well as I know people on other places I am a member of and that's something I hope to rectify over time.

So, SB, you get that second PM I sent you about the idea I sent the original PM to you about?

Edited by Abel Nightroad, 30 November 2008 - 02:39 AM.

#77 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Nov 29 2008, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everyone hear as well as I know people on other places I am a member of and that's something I hope to rectify over time.

So, SB, you get that second PM I sent you about the idea I sent the original PM to you about?

Yeah, I was running your idea by my co-plot writer (HI COMPAH *waves* 8D), to get his take on your idea happy.gif

#78 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:49 AM

Ahh, Recomp. Understood.

@Recomp: Don't worry, I've not forgotten about you. I've actually progressed a bit on my idea involving Takeshi and will contact you when I've got more down.

#79 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:11 AM

Name: Ferrumo Vitala

Race: Hume

Sex: Male

Allegiance: Republic

Job Class: Hunter

Appearance: Ferrumo sports a leather vest over a dark blue shirt. He wears jeans with padding on his knees for long hours that demand him to remain in place. His boots are made of water-proof leather, and are a brown color. He also wears leather arm bracers on his right and left arms for added protection. As for physical apperance, Ferrumo has sandy brown hair that seems unable to be combed in any fashion, although it is usually kept at a reasonable length. Ferrumo's eyes are deep sapphire color. On his face he has a scar that goes from his left cheek all the way to his left ear; the results of almost being hit by a sniper bolt. He has a rather 'rugged' appearance, and an overall calm look to him.

Personality: Ferrumo is what some would call a 'down-to-earth' man. He doesn't have outlandish dreams, and simply enjoys what he has. He is a rather friendly guy, but if he's provoked to fight for someone he cares for or for his own well-being, he will put aside his peaceful tendencies for the sake of others and himself.

Aside from this, Ferrumo likes to stay on good terms with others while not drawing too much attention to himself. He rarely turns down someone in need that he trusts, and those who know him well enough can trust in the fact that he can be counted on when the time is in need of his abilities.

History: Born and raised in a small farming community just south of the city of Edo. His father was a retired soldier of Edo's military, and his mother was a merchant's daughter. They raised Ferrumo like a normal country boy; teaching him how to take care of himself, making sure he attended school, etc. At age 17, he joined the Republic Academy to become a fighter against the recent Imperial movement on the planet. He fought in a few battles in the Vierran territories, and was one of the few to actually survive a successful Airship takeover on the Empire. His skills with the bow are fairly decent for a man his age, but it's his knack for stealth that make him essential in the woods.

He had fallen in love with a woman during his time in the military. He had hoped that he could be with her longer, but she one day up and left him, and left him with a wounded heart and broken pride. He eventually got over this for the most part, but he became more focused in his duties after this happened to him. He has since then taken a short reprieve from fighting, if only for a short while.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#80 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:13 AM

Name: Echo

Race: Hume

Sex: Female

Allegiance: Neutral, either/or.

Job Class: Sniper

Appearance: Echo wears a loose, flowy off-shoulder white shirt, along with black jeans/shorts/skirt, depending on what she feels like wearing. She usually wears boots, but is sometimes prone to sandals. Her accessories are silver necklace with a blue-green crystal hanging from it, and buttefly earrings cut from a crystal-clear, pale blue jem. Encased in silver. She also wears a simple pair of oval-shaped glasses. She stands at about 5'4.

Personality: She's rather laid back. Smiling easily, Echo makes friends, but never strays too close. Nor too far. She's distant, yet not. As an assassin, she's found this is the easiest way to go. She enjoys making small things like sandwhiches and salads.

History: There's not much to her history. She goes where her job takes her, or wherever she ends up. She was an orphan, and at some point, discovered that one of the few things she's good at, in her opinion was killing people. So she took up the profession.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users