54175 replies to this topic

#49081 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:07 AM

Once I read that if you have a fast palpitation, are anxious or nervous around a person, blushing or fainting - this is not love. This is obsession, you really want to have and keep something. Love is being relaxed and feeling like you can be who you are around a person.

Being jealous over them is not love either. JKR was seriously horrendous at writing romance.

#49082 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:59 PM

Being jealous over them is not love either. JKR was seriously horrendous at writing romance.

So many people are bad at romance and yet they try to incorporate it into their works. Only some can actually be very successful at doing it, that's for sure.

#49083 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

I legit thought at a certain point, Sasuke and Naruto would end up together. Lol. But let me tell you something about Harry and Hermione...

Referring to the movies, Harry always cared about Hermione and thought she was pretty. She was supportive of him, in the prisoner of Azkaban, I even thought they end up together because of the time traveler thing and also their interaction was so friendly. (Harry told Hermione she was awesome, she was the only one to witness the Expecto Patronum scene and when the Werewolf attacked them, he hugged her in order to protect her, also, shortly before, they were talking with each other while waiting for the full moon)

I always thought Hermiones attraction towards Ron was because he was different, her complete opposite. And maybe she wanted to embrace that side, too. Never did I feel anything between them, Hermiones jealousy was really strange and I always felt as if Harry is the better catch. They remind me of NaruSaku because being supportive and nice to each other and in the end ending up with people they either never really interacted with, or that treated them badly. People are like: Noo, they are brother and sister, I love that they didn't end up together because the main characters always end up together...or because that would destroy their friendship.

Well, this is the reason why we have so much badly written romance. A good relationship starts with a good friendship, understanding, caring, acting comfortable around each other, not being jealous or possessive, - but since this is "brother and sister" and being anxious, aflutter proprietary is a normal relationship, we get served that instead.

Once I read that if you have a fast palpitation, are anxious or nervous around a person, blushing or fainting - this is not love. This is obsession, you really want to have and keep something. Love is being relaxed and feeling like you can be who you are around a person.

I could understand why people dosen't like main male lead ending up with the female lead all the time but at the same time i HATE it when they praise for that cliche when it is broken  BUT in badly written way. And they dismiss other cliches that the other pairigs can still run into. Like ron x hermioine has opposite attact cliche, first love, childhood friends to lovers, bickering out of love, being possessive. How is that 100 percent unique?  :ermm:

I dont mind subversions but it must be well written like star wars and hunchback of notredamn and zutara from avatar (if the creators didnt sabotage the idea of the ship thoughout the series and at the last minute and made aang into kataras trophy wife) :down:

#49084 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

I could understand why people dosen't like main male lead ending up with the female lead all the time but at the same time i HATE it when they praise for that cliche when it is broken  BUT in badly written way. And they dismiss other cliches that the other pairigs can still run into. Like ron x hermioine has opposite attact cliche, first love, childhood friends to lovers, bickering out of love, being possessive. How is that 100 percent unique?  :ermm:

I dont mind subversions but it must be well written like star wars and hunchback of notredamn and zutara from avatar (if the creators didnt sabotage the idea of the ship thoughout the series and at the last minute and made aang into kataras trophy wife) :down:

I've never been bothered by the leads getting together because usually it's their story. When they don't, usually imo it tries to come off as edgy for not doing the norm, but it rarely works. 

Also, what? They built up Aang and Katara the entire series. The only reason she and Zuko developed a friendship was because of the whole Fire and Water thing and nothing more.

#49085 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

I've never been bothered by the leads getting together because usually it's their story. When they don't, usually imo it tries to come off as edgy for not doing the norm, but it rarely works. 

Also, what? They built up Aang and Katara the entire series. The only reason she and Zuko developed a friendship was because of the whole Fire and Water thing and nothing more.

Again, they stated in interviews before AtLAB's conclusion that they had Kataang planned from the beginning, with it being the only aspect of the series that they refused to remove as the story went through several revisions. Furthermore,  Mike and Bryan have actively denouncing Zutara throughout Avatar's syndication, whether it was through the show or directly to the fans. At a Comic Con '05, when a fan asked if Zutara would happen, they replied you would have better luck of Appa and Momo hooking up. And then we have Ember Island Players satirizing Zutara fanfiction as well as the arguments of the time made for Zutara/against Kataang. In the 08' NY Comic Con, they explained that Zuko and Katara's respective tempers and equalized stubbornness wouldn't allow them to have a long-lasting relationship.

Then there's this nugget from their interview by Toonzone on May 2008:

DIMARTINO: And I never would have thought that the potential Katara/Zuko romance was going to be so ... you know, so big for people? Because honestly, that wasn't our intention from the start (laughs).

KONIETZKO: We knew about it...

DIMARTINO: We knew there would be some tension, but it wasn't like we were going to play that up too much, so it's cool to see people getting into that romance stuff.

KONIETZKO: I think we've met some people where when he has her necklace in episode 109, people were like, "Oh, they're going to get together." (laughs) We were like, "Whoa! You guys are jumping ahead!" But, whatever...people see what they want to see.

Edited by Kagomaru, 30 May 2018 - 06:56 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#49086 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

The creators of avatar wanted kataang because they didn't like how popular zutara is. Also the original tv show concept saids that aangs affections towards katara was suppose to remain onesided till the end. The head writer of the series did not like kataang and wanted zutara. He is the one that kept writing episodes were katara didn't have that much romatic affection to aang instead it was motherly. And he wrote zutara in a sublity way and epesicially in the final episodes of the series zuko and katara seemed much closer than aang and katara which i find a bit odd if kataang was always meant to be endgame.

Im really sick and tired of people dismissing any potential that zutara had it had potential.

Read this article i found this person explains pretty well about why zutara isn't a non existent ship.

http://araeph.tumblr...rminaschosenone

http://araeph.tumblr...on-toward-a?ng

Also i do not trust everything bryke says if they are very loyal to kataang. how come in sequel series they sabotage there relationship? and in the recent interview they claim that kataang was forced and cliched and quote miyazaki on why showing why a platonic relationship between the opposite sex without romance is good.

Edited by rikakim94, 30 May 2018 - 07:18 PM.

#49087 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

Compared to Naruto? No, but they are there.

In book 1, Hermione and Harry embrace towards the end. In book 2, when she's petrified, Harry is the one to sit there and hold her hand. Book 3, She only trusts Harry enough to reveal the time turner thing she had. Book 4, she was the one most worried about the dragon fight and even sneaks into the Champion's tent and embraces him. She also cared what he thought about her dress the most. I don't remember 5 and 6 clearly. I know in 7, she was the only one to never waver in helping Harry. She was even with him when he visited his parent's home and grave.

I mean I guess you could draw some comparisons in overall attitude. Hermione supported Harry just like Sakura did for Naruto. 

Also, that scene annoyed me because of how Sakura just pushed Naruto away like that.

I faintly recall from that when Ron left the group temporarily after his falling out with Harry over his plan in Book 7, Harry and Hermione had their private dance together and Rowling's narrative frequently mentioned "intense moments" between the two of them while Ron was gone. :wot:   I don't know about you, but that does not sound platonic in any context. :no:

Edited by Kagomaru, 30 May 2018 - 09:36 PM.

#49088 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:09 PM

I faintly recall from that when Ron left the group temporarily after his falling out with Harry over his plan in Book 7, Harry and Hermione had their private and Rowling's narrative frequently mentioned "intense moments" between the two of them while Ron was gone. :wot:   I don't know about you, but that does not sound platonic in any context. :no:

Yeah, forgot to list that one. Apparently in the ending she wanted, that moment was when they were to realize their feelings for each other. I mean just look at the movie scene of that. It does not look like 2 platonic friends just having a dance.

#49089 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Rock Lee is my hero

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:15 PM

Zuko has great chemistry with Katara. Kataang is okay... I just don't ship Aang with anyone, he's just a kid. I think he always had a crush on Katara and it was obvious that she liked him but did she like him...back? In the series finale, she did, even though that felt a bit odd. Like,- I didn't really believe it and it made me dislike Katara for choosing Aang just because he is the hero.

^according to Romione fans, Hermione just needed someone to comfort her after Ron left, also, she was confused and there were no feelings. Could have been Cormac and she would have acted the same way...Right???

Edited by Kasimir38, 30 May 2018 - 08:20 PM.

This Text was constructed automatically by EKton, the personal WEB - Robot.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#49090 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

agreed, heck they had the 2 all lovey dovey to each other in the comics about finding zuko's mother,yet that wasn't planned now all of a sudden?

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#49091 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

The creators of avatar wanted kataang because they didn't like how popular zutara is. Also the original tv show concept saids that aangs affections towards katara was suppose to remain onesided till the end. The head writer of the series did not like kataang and wanted zutara. He is the one that kept writing episodes were katara didn't have that much romatic affection to aang instead it was motherly. And he wrote zutara in a sublity way and epesicially in the final episodes of the series zuko and katara seemed much closer than aang and katara which i find a bit odd if kataang was always meant to be endgame.

Im really sick and tired of people dismissing any potential that zutara had it had potential.

Read this article i found this person explains pretty well about why zutara isn't a non existent ship.

http://araeph.tumblr...rminaschosenone

http://araeph.tumblr...on-toward-a?ng

Also i do not trust everything bryke says if they are very loyal to kataang. how come in sequel series they sabotage there relationship? and in the recent interview they claim that kataang was forced and cliched and quote miyazaki on why showing why a platonic relationship between the opposite sex without romance is good.

If she had end up with Zuko, then that would have been out of nowhere even if a friendship formed towards the end. A popular ship is not a good argument for a coupling. They build up Aang and Katara throughout the series.

#49092 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

Zuko has great chemistry with Katara. Kataang is okay... I just don't ship Aang with anyone, he's just a kid. I think he always had a crush on Katara and it was obvious that she liked him but did she like him...back? In the series finale, she did, even though that felt a bit odd. Like,- I didn't really believe it and it made me dislike Katara for choosing Aang just because he is the hero.

^according to Romione fans, Hermione just needed someone to comfort her after Ron left, also, she was confused and there were no feelings. Could have been Cormac and she would have acted the same way...Right???

Having a childish personality =/= being a child. Katara was only like 1 or 2 years older than him.

#49093 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:26 PM

If she had end up with Zuko, then that would have been out of nowhere even if a friendship formed towards the end. A popular ship is not a good argument for a coupling. They build up Aang and Katara throughout the series.

I mean, this very reasoning is why we're in this mess with Naruto to begin with. :sweat:

#49094 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:43 PM

Well Zutara is not canon, if that is what's bothering you. And I would not compare it to Naruhina if that is what you did, Zutaang had it's reasoning, and Zuko is nothing like Hinata. Also Katara is 14 while Aang is 12, did this really not bother anyone? :sweatdrop: Yeah it's just 2 years but if Katara was 12, no one would ship her with Zuko anymore. (I guess..)

Lmao I totally just wrote Zutaang what is that I mean is it Zuko and Toph and Aang, I meant Kataang obviously :lmao:

Edited by Kasimir38, 30 May 2018 - 09:46 PM.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#49095 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:55 AM

From my experience back when I was active in the Avatar community, people shipped Zutara for the concept of it alone(their personalities, opposing elements and the romantic notion of their warring nation/tribes coming together), regardless of how the characters actually interacted it. And yes, they also did so because the measly two-year age difference between Aang and Katara made them uncomfortable, which I've always seen as hypocritical since the same one exists between Katara and Zuko.  And while naturally, Zuko and Katara had a relationship unlike Naruto and Hinata, it was primarily antagonistic then cooled to passive-aggressive tension until the last few episodes. None of their interactions set a precedence for romance.

Edited by Kagomaru, 31 May 2018 - 02:00 AM.

#49096 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:22 AM

I wish Sakura did this....

To Sasuke.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#49097 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:55 AM

I wish that she had done something else at the end besides lamenting over how he won't stand still long enough for her to blow him, but Kishi won't let us have nice things.

Edited by DrK, 31 May 2018 - 04:57 AM.

#49098 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:06 AM

To Sasuke.

Impossible for Sakura to say that to Sasuke , because we all know after that recent interview , for Kishi Sasuke is a god or maybe his deity.

By the way the voice too low so i crank up the volume to max , but then when that rock music suddenly play i got that surprise attack.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#49099 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

Impossible for Sakura to say that to Sasuke , because we all know after that recent interview , for Kishi Sasuke is a god or maybe his deity.

By the way the voice too low so i crank up the volume to max , but then when that rock music suddenly play i got that surprise attack.

What recent interview did kishi sound like he was still taking up the ass from sasuke? Any great writer would have sakura do that heck Kojima would have sakura do that. Cause Kojima isn't a hack like kishi.

#49100 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:49 AM

To Sasuke.

Yeah but I wish Katara didn't do this to Zuko lmao. Let's leave shipping aside, but I think it was really mean of her, but maybe I'm just like that because Zuko is my favorite.  :ohmy: He looks so hurt. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users