21 replies to this topic

#21 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:04 PM

Eh, there have been character edits throughout the history of anime. While the author is having their worked produced, the studio does get input.

#22 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:05 PM

I just thought I'd bring this up, since it's rather relevant.  The current Sentai, Thief Sentai Lupinranger VS Police Sentai Patranger, is having this issue. See, the show set itself up as a year long versus series between two teams, asking viewers which side are they on, and at first everything was fine. But as time went on it became clear (in addition to other problems that, unfortunately, are standard in Sentai) that the series was propping up the Lupins over the Pats. They stopped giving the Pats new mecha early on, and as of late they introduced the super forms. The one with the Patranger logo is given to Lupin X... even though he has a Patranger form (though his Lupin form is closer to the Pats in looks).

It's something that's even being called out in Japan, where the series is flopping from what I've heard. Some speculate that the Lupin push is, in reality, a means to promote the toys with the more popular team but it's turning people against them now. 

Yeah, the idea of Lupinranger vs Patraranger was a neat idea, but its clearly the LupinRanger's story and the PatraRangers are there to move the story along.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users