#1 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

It's out...and it's a double feature!

So this was basically a mini flashback arc. Pierrot really seem to have a liking for these considering the upcoming Chikara arc. smile.gif

The first episode was more of a comedy than I initially expected, but nonetheless the more emotional moments with Tsunade reminiscing about Nawaki and Dan were really well made. I also liked how Tsunade didn't lose in physical strength but rather in speed, thereby letting her keep at least some of her pride. laugh.gif

I liked how Shizune stood up for Tsunade in the second episode. It really shows how strong their bond is. I wish Kishi would focus more on that in the manga, as well as the bond between Tsunade and Sakua and Shizune and Sakura. It was a little disappointing that we didn't get a fight with those Nokizaru Troops though. They actually seemed rather interesting. Oh well...

Next week looks like it'll be another battle centric episode with the Ninja Swordsmen of the mist. I guess with all the Edo Tensei zombies running around, Pierrot won't run out of filler material anytime soon. wink.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 02 November 2012 - 12:40 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#2 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Given Tsunade's current situation in the manga, it was nice getting a little flashback filler based on her. Haha, its been awhile since I've seen her comedic gambling and Shizune's keeping her in line. The comedy in the first episode was rather refreshing.

Like Terrorking, I really loved how they gave light on Tsunade's relationship with Shizune. Particularly the scene near the end of Shizune's temper, throwing the spider on the ground and yelling at A with disgrace. It's a part of Shizune we don't ever commonly see.
Also, I thought it was great how they went into Tsunade's hemophobic trauma. It really shows how heartrendingly painful her loss of both Nawaki and Dan was, where she couldn't even utilize her renowned magnificent medic skills because of it.

On another note, I'm curious about something: In the flashback where Dan is talking to Tsunade about his dream of becoming Hokage, he mentions how his sister passed away. In speculation, I thought that this could be Shizune's mother, and she was in Dan's care after she died. Then, after Dan passed, Tsunade took her under her wing, which is how that came to be. Any thoughts on this?

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#3 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Wait, there was another episode?! D: I didn't know xD

#4 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Gamakushii @ Nov 2 2012, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Given Tsunade's current situation in the manga, it was nice getting a little flashback filler based on her. Haha, its been awhile since I've seen her comedic gambling and Shizune's keeping her in line. The comedy in the first episode was rather refreshing.

Like Terrorking, I really loved how they gave light on Tsunade's relationship with Shizune. Particularly the scene near the end of Shizune's temper, throwing the spider on the ground and yelling at A with disgrace. It's a part of Shizune we don't ever commonly see.
Also, I thought it was great how they went into Tsunade's hemophobic trauma. It really shows how heartrendingly painful her loss of both Nawaki and Dan was, where she couldn't even utilize her renowned magnificent medic skills because of it.

On another note, I'm curious about something: In the flashback where Dan is talking to Tsunade about his dream of becoming Hokage, he mentions how his sister passed away. In speculation, I thought that this could be Shizune's mother, and she was in Dan's care after she died. Then, after Dan passed, Tsunade took her under her wing, which is how that came to be. Any thoughts on this?

Yeah, this really was a good filler. This is the kind of filler I wouldn't mind seeing more of.

As for your theory, that could very well be the case. I always thought that Dan was Shizune's brother and that the main reason for Shizune following Tsunade around was because she was the only family she had left. It seems that I was very mistaken lol.

I like your theory a lot, since it gives Shizune and Tsunade a much stronger mother/daughter bond. It would also explain why we've never seen or heard anything about Shizune's parents.

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Nov 2 2012, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neither did I. Who knows, maybe they're trying to make up for there being no chapter this week. wink.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Nov 1 2012, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep since we all get so "excited" rolleyes.gif from watching fillers.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Nov 2 2012, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep since we all get so "excited" rolleyes.gif from watching fillers.

True. xD Though the Kakashi's Fight Filler I do enjoy.

Edited by HalfStarStudios, 02 November 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#7 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Tbh, after the episode were kushina helped naruto overcome the kyuubi i droped the anime i just cant stand the fact that they keep adding fillers to the actual canon episode like the time when naruto was sitting jn the ichiraku bar and sakura came dashing in to break the news to naruto that tsunade woke up it was such a sweet moment in the manga, but in the anime you guys saw what happened, and not just that reason, bit also because i cant stand the fact that they make hinata appear almost everywhere she can possibally fit, and tell you what, we dont have one hinata we have TWO hinatas yes TWO, you see we have studio pierrots hinata who is useless, weak and barely even appears in the manga ten times, and we have pierrots hinata who is sweet, reaccuring, strong not really strong, but strong which extremely irritates me, and the manga is WAY better than the anime seriously but the manga has better animation, covers, and artwork on the mangas cover which sometimes occurs, but the anime wasn't that bad in the five kage summit arc and before that, but after the five kage summit arc they just screwed BIG time so i was practically fed up, but my bro watches it and calls me if theres an awsome fight and great animated episode.Sorry for nagging i just had to take that off my chest smile.gif

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#8 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Canadian_DJ @ Nov 3 2012, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tbh, after the episode were kushina helped naruto overcome the kyuubi i droped the anime i just cant stand the fact that they keep adding fillers to the actual canon episode like the time when naruto was sitting jn the ichiraku bar and sakura came dashing in to break the news to naruto that tsunade woke up it was such a sweet moment in the manga, but in the anime you guys saw what happened, and not just that reason, bit also because i cant stand the fact that they make hinata appear almost everywhere she can possibally fit, and tell you what, we dont have one hinata we have TWO hinatas yes TWO, you see we have studio pierrots hinata who is useless, weak and barely even appears in the manga ten times, and we have pierrots hinata who is sweet, reaccuring, strong not really strong, but strong which extremely irritates me, and the manga is WAY better than the anime seriously but the manga has better animation, covers, and artwork on the mangas cover which sometimes occurs, but the anime wasn't that bad in the five kage summit arc and before that, but after the five kage summit arc they just screwed BIG time so i was practically fed up, but my bro watches it and calls me if theres an awsome fight and great animated episode.Sorry for nagging i just had to take that off my chest smile.gif

the bad thing about fillers is we complain about them we hate them but still we watch it.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#9 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Nov 3 2012, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the bad thing about fillers is we complain about them we hate them but still we watch it.

so true tongue.gif and at the end we say meh...

its kinda funneh i remember i watched the fillers on that ......... boat and it took forever!!!!!!

now the only think different is there is not on a boat but naruto and bee are running o nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :'(

Edited by Arachnia, 03 November 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#10 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Nov 3 2012, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to do the same thing but thank GOD now i overcame that lamness of mine, now that i think of it i used to skip the fillers and go to narutopedia and read the summarized article bout the episode if sakura and naruto are involved just in case so that i dont miss any narusaku goodness wub.gif bit tbh im looking forward to the naruto chikara filler and road to ninja, thanks to the information you provided us with.

Edited by Canadian_DJ, 03 November 2012 - 05:53 PM.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#11 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Canadian_DJ @ Nov 3 2012, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to do the same thing but thank GOD now i overcame that lamness of mine, now that i think of it i used to skip the fillers and go to narutopedia and read the summarized article bout the episode if sakura and naruto are involved just in case so that i dont miss any narusaku goodness wub.gif bit tbh im looking forward to the naruto chikara filler and road to ninja, thanks to the information you provided us with.

Hahaha, I used to do the same thing when I took my horrible hiatus from Naruto. I stay as far away from Narutopedia as I can now. Too many obvious SS/NH fans editing everything down to the last period into what suits their own version of Naruto in their minds. I wouldn't recommend it at all as a reliable source. sleep.gif

TerrorKing, thanks for your input. I really like the theory too. It would explain a lot of the unexplained, haha.

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users