• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#1 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:31 AM

jOwWvIi.png?1

"Hunters are a special breed, dedicated to tracking down treasures, magical beasts, and even other men. But such pursuits require a license, and less than one in a hundred thousand can pass the grueling qualification exam. Those who do pass gain access to restricted areas, amazing stores of information, and the right to call themselves Hunters. Gon discovers that his father was a famous Hunter, and so he embarks on a journey to find his father, meeting reliable friends and going on dangerous missions as well."

Honestly kinda surprised that there isn't a general discussion for this, or at least one that I found...Anyway, when the series isn't on hiatus, this is one of the best shonen's there is, second only to OP of course :chuckle: The characters are good, the fights are good, the plot is really good (the plot is actually really intelligent, there's a lot of little nuances that you have to watch out for, like in OP), and there's none of that TnJ business. When people are serious, they're serious.. There is some similarities between this and Naruto, simply because many of Kishi's ideas were taken from this series, for instance: the Chunin Exam, the Akatsuki, Orochimaru (who is literally based off of Hisoka), and Sasuke (who is basically a rip off of Kurapica and Killua), and some other stuff. Lol guess you could say Kishi's rise to fame was because of Togashi XD 

Anyways, this is a great series to read, and if you're watching, make sure you watch the 2011 version. Madhouse does a great job. 

Oh, and #killuasquad4life!

Edited by AHK, 20 July 2015 - 04:37 AM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#2 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:37 AM

f-ck yeah!

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#3 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:39 AM

f-ck yeah!

Are you watching the 2011 version? Who's your favorite character?

EXL5X4B.png

#4 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:44 AM

Are you watching the 2011 version? Who's your favorite character?

yes! 2011

& so far (since I'm in episode 9) I think Killua is an interesting character. He's the one that's got most my attention lol

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#5 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:49 AM

yes! 2011

& so far (since I'm in episode 9) I think Killua is an interesting character. He's the one that's got most my attention lol

Wait till you see what he does to this one guy in the first test (I think it's the first test), that's when he became my fav. He's godly. 

EXL5X4B.png

#6 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

Aye, finally a thread for this (and hopefully the damn manga returns soon).

I'm on episode 134 right now, so I'm almost done with Chimera Ant Arc. I have to say that this is one of my favorite shounens ever (and one of my favorite animes).

Favorite characters here are Hisoka, Killua, and Kurapika. Special Mention to Palm and Komugi: I've grown to care for their characters a lot in the little time we've seen them. Characters I hate: The majority of the Chimera Ants :D (no seriously, they pissed me of a lot, especially Pouf).

@AHK, those tags and the description XD Always finding a way to kitten on Naruto. Not sure HOW much Kishi has copied from HunterxHunter, but I was honestly shocked to see how much HunterxHunter resembled Naruto, especially in the beginning stages.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#7 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

Wait till you see what he does to this one guy in the first test (I think it's the first test), that's when he became my fav. He's godly. 

So who are your favorites?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#8 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

Wow, didn't expect this thread to pop-up  :omfg:

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 20 July 2015 - 11:47 AM.

#9 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:54 AM

If I join HxH discussion from my memory from watching the anime that were made by SP, is it still related? :fu:

Anyway, #killuasquad4life! - I don't really remember why I liked him but my memory tells me that he's so cool. Not cool in the looks only but also really really cool :lol:

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#10 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:42 PM

Yeah this series is freaking amazing!!! If it wasn't for all the hitauses it would be one of my favourites really. Still really great though. :D

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 July 2015 - 01:55 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#11 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:52 PM

Thx to Michi :hehehe:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#12 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:54 PM

If I join HxH discussion from my memory from watching the anime that were made by SP, is it still related? :fu:

Anyway, #killuasquad4life! - I don't really remember why I liked him but my memory tells me that he's so cool. Not cool in the looks only but also really really cool :lol:

Everything about him is cool: His looks, his character, his power, his freakin sense of fashion (seriously, he constantly changes his clothes- Gon could learn from him XD), his friendship...

I'm actually planning to watch the SP version one day... Heard the HunterxHunter exam in there was a bit more fleshed out, but you should watch the 2011 version!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

Who bets Kishkittens copied his Sauce based on Kurapika? :zaru:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#14 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

Aye, finally a thread for this (and hopefully the damn manga returns soon).
I'm on episode 134 right now, so I'm almost done with Chimera Ant Arc. I have to say that this is one of my favorite shounens ever (and one of my favorite animes).
Favorite characters here are Hisoka, Killua, and Kurapika. Special Mention to Palm and Komugi: I've grown to care for their characters a lot in the little time we've seen them. Characters I hate: The majority of the Chimera Ants :D (no seriously, they pissed me of a lot, especially Pouf).
@AHK, those tags and the description XD Always finding a way to kitten on Naruto. Not sure HOW much Kishi has copied from HunterxHunter, but I was honestly shocked to see how much HunterxHunter resembled Naruto, especially in the beginning stages.

Lol these tags are godly XD I would say it's the other way around, it's how much Naruto is similar to HxH. Kishi was always concerned about popularity, and it's no secret that e got the chunin exam from this. He was trying to keep Naruto afloat to compete with Oda. Wonder how Togashi felt about it.

So who are your favorites?

Killua, Gon is pretty sick at the end of the Chimera ant arc, Hisoka. I'll have to give it another look sometime, it's been a while and I can't think of at others atm.

EXL5X4B.png

#15 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:04 PM

Who bets Kishkittens copied his Sauce based on Kurapika? :zaru:

He did, Sasuke is a ripoff of Kurpika and Killua.

EXL5X4B.png

#16 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

Everything about him is cool: His looks, his character, his power, his freakin sense of fashion (seriously, he constantly changes his clothes- Gon could learn from him XD), his friendship...

I'm actually planning to watch the SP version one day... Heard the HunterxHunter exam in there was a bit more fleshed out, but you should watch the 2011 version!

I think it's because of his face, his character, and his white hair :D He change clothes? I didn't remember :argh:

Tell us the difference when you finish both versions :lol:

Edited by Popuri, 20 July 2015 - 02:07 PM.

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#17 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

Lol these tags are godly XD I would say it's the other way around, it's how much Naruto is similar to HxH. Kishi was always concerned about popularity, and it's no secret that e got the chunin exam from this. He was trying to keep Naruto afloat to compete with Oda. Wonder how Togashi felt about it.
Killua, Gon is pretty sick at the end of the Chimera ant arc, Hisoka. I'll have to give it another look sometime, it's been a while and I can't think of at others atm.

Sorry, bad wording on my part with the whole resembling thing, but yeah, I agree.

Gon scarred the kitten out of me during that arc :wot: That utter, blind rage... Still shuddering from that one episode.

Also, what reason is there that Hunter x Hunter 2011 has not been dubbed yet?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#18 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

I think it's because of his face, his character, and his white hair :D He change clothes? I didn't remember :argh:

Tell us the difference when you finish both versions :lol:

Yes, but to me, the best thing about him is to witness the steady and ever-growing character development: From a lonely and cold assassin to someone who has found true friendship and happiness. He makes Sasuke look like a looser honestly.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#19 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

Thx to Michi :hehehe:

You're welcome. :fu:

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#20 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

So apparently kishimoto got "inspired" more like copied from HxH.

There's not an ounce of creativity in his body. :lmao:

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hiatus x Hiatus, Better than Naruto, oh look a real friendship, way better than Naruto, Kishi literally took from this, like no lie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users