King of Fighters XII - Hits the world in July

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

I couldn't find the old KOF XII topic, no matter how much I looked, so here is a new one for the worldwide release news!

King of Fighters XII will be releasing worldwide on both Xbox 360 and PS3 in July. It's the first title in the KOF series to have a graphical upgrade since 1996, featuring high-res hand-drawn 2D art. It only has 20 characters though, due to the time consuming nature of creating the graphics.

It looks like 2009 is the year the fighter came back. happy.gif Street Fighter 4, King of Fighters XII, and we still have Tekken coming up!

#2 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 3 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like 2009 is the year the fighter came back. happy.gif Street Fighter 4, King of Fighters XII, and we still have Tekken coming up!

Eh...Wasn't ever a big Tekken fan. I played the first one heavily on PSOne but never got into the other ones. The SNK games were always Ok to me, but second best to Capcom.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#3 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

DAMNIT!! So I won't get a chance to see either Mai or Yuri in the home consoles...? arg.gif

And Smiter, you forgot that Samurai Shodown is coming back as well.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#4 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

Samurai Shodown's coming back as well? *googles for info* Oh, it's just the original being ported to the Live Arcade? However, the Samurai Shodown Anthology looks interesting - all 7 Shodown games on Wii, and it hits the UK this Friday. happy.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found info on Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny. Interesting.

Well Derock, just like SF4, there is always the possibility of extra KOF characters being offered via DLC. If the demand is there, maybe SNK will offer up Mai and Yuri for a few quid?

#5 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 4 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Samurai Shodown's coming back as well? *googles for info* Oh, it's just the original being ported to the Live Arcade? However, the Samurai Shodown Anthology looks interesting - all 7 Shodown games on Wii, and it hits the UK this Friday. happy.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found info on Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny. Interesting.

Well Derock, just like SF4, there is always the possibility of extra KOF characters being offered via DLC. If the demand is there, maybe SNK will offer up Mai and Yuri for a few quid?

They dare charge me for the angels of KOF?

D8

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 4 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I rather have them unlocked like SFIV. Having paying for them as DLC is like effft... They better have them free.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#7 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 4 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I rather have them unlocked like SFIV. Having paying for them as DLC is like effft... They better have them free.

Hey Derock I play with the British Killer Bee as well. ^^

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#8 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 4 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Derock I play with the British Killer Bee as well. ^^

LOL!!! I think SFIV boost up my love for Cammy. XDDDD

latest?cb=20140126021943

#9 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

I would like to get this game but as you all well know, 2D fighters are not kind to me. Maybe I'll just rent it.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#10 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:03 AM

Sweet, I'll look out for that one.

#11 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:05 AM

Derock and fellow fans of Mai will be pleased to hear that SNK are going to include new characters in the console versions of KOF XII. biggrin.gif

http://kotaku.com/51...cs-for-consoles

Mai hasn't been confirmed yet, but it's hard to see her getting passed over a second time due to her popularity.

#12 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

I know she will make it along with Yuri and K'. SNK, bring back Mai!!! whatthekitten.gif

She wasn't on the previous game in the arcades but made it in the consoles in her Neo-Geo Colliseum version.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#13 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

Derock, there is hope. happy.gif

Kotaku: Mai Shiranui and K' return for KOFXII?

#14 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Apr 11 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HELL YES!!!! SNK heard our call for Mai and K'!! a_dance.gif Now I need Yuri and probably someone from Mark of the Wolves (like Rock or Gato)

latest?cb=20140126021943

#15 demonfox04

demonfox04

The Don - 'Nuff Said

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 11 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HELL YES!!!! SNK heard our call for Mai and K'!! a_dance.gif Now I need Yuri and probably someone from Mark of the Wolves (like Rock or Gato)

ROCK!!! That'd be cool if they had Rock. But I'm getting impatient waiting for Tekken 6, myself. Hopefully that means it's gonna be kicka$$!! And KOF as well!! That has me excited that the fighters are lookin' to make a comeback. First SFIV, now KOF and Tekken and Samurai Shodown!! Ahh, whaat a wonderful world!! Now all they need to do is re-release Chrono Trigger just for the heck of it, or create and RPG with the greatness of Chrono Trigger. That is unlikely, but I can dream, right?? happy.gif

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now, you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Whether 1 and 15 or 15 and 1, Superbowl or Toiletbowl...those are my Boys. Ain't no bandwagon here. GO COWBOYS!!!

#16 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (demonfox04 @ Apr 16 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ROCK!!! That'd be cool if they had Rock. But I'm getting impatient waiting for Tekken 6, myself. Hopefully that means it's gonna be kicka$$!! And KOF as well!! That has me excited that the fighters are lookin' to make a comeback. First SFIV, now KOF and Tekken and Samurai Shodown!! Ahh, whaat a wonderful world!! Now all they need to do is re-release Chrono Trigger just for the heck of it, or create and RPG with the greatness of Chrono Trigger. That is unlikely, but I can dream, right?? happy.gif

Actually, they DID re-release Chrono Trigger on the DS. happy.gif

I'm looking forward to the other fighters, but Samurai Shodown looked really ropey from the video I saw, with poor character models, animation, and dated-looking gameplay (think Battle Arena Toshiden on the PS). Definitely not up to par with SFIV, KOFXII and T6.

#17 demonfox04

demonfox04

The Don - 'Nuff Said

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Apr 16 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, they DID re-release Chrono Trigger on the DS. happy.gif

I'm looking forward to the other fighters, but Samurai Shodown looked really ropey from the video I saw, with poor character models, animation, and dated-looking gameplay (think Battle Arena Toshiden on the PS). Definitely not up to par with SFIV, KOFXII and T6.

Oh they did?! Nice!! happy.gif

I haven't really gotten a chance to look at Samurai Shodown as of yet. Surprisingly, being at college has cut me off from my usual gaming news. But if that's the case, then I still have Tekken 6 and KOF XII to look for. happy.gif

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now, you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Whether 1 and 15 or 15 and 1, Superbowl or Toiletbowl...those are my Boys. Ain't no bandwagon here. GO COWBOYS!!!

#18 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Apr 16 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the models look well, though the cutting fatality-parts were getting too gruesome for my tastes. But I haven't heard anything new about Edge of Destiny since last year, besides new characters and returning characters like Charlotte and Jubei popping up.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#19 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:56 AM

Suggested covers, I believe?

All of them look damn awesome.

Edited by Cloud, 06 May 2009 - 03:57 AM.

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:11 AM

Those covers are awesome though the final will be brand new art because those are prototypes and they probably won't be use. (Remember the SFIV covers with Ryu and Chun-Li?)

If they are final, I'm definitely feeling for the first cover of the PS3 to be KOFXII's cover. I'm very certain it will be also use for the 360 as well.

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users